Site News Site Update: KH-Vids Radio is Now Live!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sanya, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

[​IMG]

For years now, Kh-vids.net has been your #1 source for all things Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Media. We would like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you that has been here and supporting us and the community for so long.
    Today, we are proud to present the next big feature in our media department. Introducing Kh-vids Radio, your ultimate source for Kingdom Hearts, Disney, and Square Enix related music!

What is Kh-vids Radio?
    Kh-vids Radio is Kh-vids.net’s very own personal radio station, exclusively for our members and guests. Our radio station will be broadcasting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your enjoyment.

What does Kh-vids Radio offer?
    Our AFK streamer has a current playlist of over 1,200 songs (and growing). We will also be doing live shows as the members of our staff team get ready to DJ their personal segments!

Will the AFK streamer only play songs found in the Kingdom Hearts series?
    No way. We couldn’t possibly ignore other great Square Enix master pieces such as NieR Gestalt & Replicant, Dragon Quest, Parasite Eve, Secret of Mana, and so much more! (And yes, this includes Disney music not in the series as well)

By the way, what do you mean by “AFK Streamer�
    First off, “afk†is stands for “away from keyboardâ€. In short, it’s a long playlist of songs that will auto DJ when the staff aren’t broadcasting. Commercial free, of course.

Will the live shows only be KH-related?
    No. We’ve come to understand KHV is a place for more than just Kingdom Hearts fans. The Live shows could be anything from anime osts to Beethoven. Depends who’s Djing , after all. However, the AFK streamer will not have music as such and will be fully dedicated to the Square Enix/Disney/KH genre.
    Is there a broadcast schedule?
    Not yet! The staff is still working on it. Check back with the radio page for updates. Until then, our AFK streamer will be up 24/7 for you guys.
    Will there be down times?
    Every internet radio station has down times. Though unless I lose power or something, down times should only last a few minutes at most. Again, check back with the radio page for the current server status.

How can I tune in?
    For browser streaming and server status, visit our Radio Page by clicking HERE!
    Prefer to use your own player like Winamp? Download our station by clicking HERE! (I personally prefer it this way)
    The radio page can also be found under the media tab in the site’s navigation bar.

How many people can listen to the Radio station at once?
    The current server supports 100 unique listeners at a time. It costs money to increase this number. If you would like to donate to us to add more listeners at a time, feel free to contact me via pm. If we receive enough, we will definitely upgrade. Until then, I think this is a good number to start with.

Keep in mind that while the staff has been testing our station for over two months now, we’re still releasing it as a beta. However, I am pleased to announce most of the bugs have been already sorted out.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to post your thoughts here.

Otherwise, Enjoy~

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Holy carps, this is a fantastic idea!

. . . now I'll probably never listen to any of my own music again. Has the actual page been put up to be accessed by everyone? I tried clicking on the link, but it said I didn't have the permissions for it.

In any case, wonderful, wonderful idea!

3. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Ah sorry, fixed that now~

4. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Listening in right now, and it's awesome. Way to go ~

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Question: Will there be Chrono Trigger music? I love it so I was wondering.

Listening right now. Very much enjoying. Way to go.

6. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Not at the moment but yeah any SE game I'll gladly add to the shuffle. Will post the current album list in a bit.

7. Saxima [screams geometrically]

By the way, I already call my permanent spot listening, so technically, only 99 people can be listening otherwise.

8. Llave Superless Moderator

>Disney songs
    >DISNEY SONGS
    >Currently listening to "Every Girl Can be a Princess"

[​IMG]

This is awesome guys! I shall listen 5eva omg the feels.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Can members suggest Square music to add to the radio? I know there's awready a huge amount but Square have a lot of fangtastic music.

10. jafar custom title

Will there ever be non-game/Disney music? I like the idea, but I never listen to game OSTs.

11. Llave Superless Moderator

I'm guessing Disney is movie soundtracks, as most, if not all, of their movies are "musicals" of sorts.

12. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I really doubt this since we are a Kingdom Hearts site, but there are some really good non-Square soundtracks and I wish everyone could enjoy them. Although this is really superb so far great job.

13. C This silence is mine

This is a superb addition to the site. I've had a real craving for video game music lately, but it's pretty difficult to consistently find good ones. These sound good so far, so I'm happy.

Rock on, staffers.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I'm curious as to how you wrote it. Is it an online database of files or are you manually controlling it? And how does it grab the track info?

15. Llave Superless Moderator

Not sure if you have Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII soundtrack on there, but it is heavenly.

I do have that if you guys need it, but I am uncertain to your policy of files like such.

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I can hear the terrible bitrates.

They pain me.

The song titles are slow to update.

Sounds like you have some bugs to work out.

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh god, some of this music; I totally wish that my orchestra and I could have played. ;~;

18. Llave Superless Moderator

I figured it wouldn't work perfect from the start.

And I totally get what you mean, some songs switch halfway through and I'm like, "B-but it wasn't done..."

19. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Yes. Here's the current list:

Manually. Basic javascript.

You're welcome to send me anything but please only through pms~

For the people wondering about other music, like I said in the first post they will only be done when staff are DJing. I'm sure requests will all be part of it.

20. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Interesting. How does the JavaScript get the track info? I could use that later.