Slipknot

Discussion in 'Music' started by 61, Jun 18, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

ignoring the thread that's been dead since '09

So anyone like Slipknot?

They're one of those bands that I've known existed for a long time, but only recently started listening and paying attention to. These past few days they're all I've been listening to. Opium of the People has been on repeat for a couple days, and last night I discovered The Shape, which is almost just as good. (sic) was the song that grabbed me. Aside from Welcome it was the first song I listened to that wasn't a single, and I felt compelled to listen to all of their stuff.

I think my favorite album of theirs is Vol. 3. Not because it was the album that introduced me to them all those years ago and has the two singles that I first heard, but because of how diverse (Circle, Vermilion) and, at times, experimental/unusual it is(The Virus of Life, Danger), and they're all phenomenal. I'm hard-pressed to say which from the album is my favorite.

I want to like All Hope Is Gone more than I do. Gematria is great, but other than that none of the songs stand out. Psychosocial is okay, but just okay.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Vol. 3 is a great album in general. Lots of variety but it's all strung together in a very Slipknot way. I hear Corey wrote the whole thing without a single cuss because people said he relied on it, that takes commitment. That's really the only Slipknot I listen to though, I like a couple of their earlier songs but that's about it.

3. Antidote Façade

A friend sorta introduced me to them a few years ago. I knew a few of their songs from like music channels and such but didn't really read much into them. I remember being obsessed with Vermillion Pt. 2 tho. I liked how it was calm and acoustic-driven from a band whose music is usually heavy and hectic. It was a nice change of pace (also sequel songs are good, more bands need to do them)

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I like Slipknot but my feelings towards them are weird, basically, I don't like screamo, it doesn't do it for me but a lot of Slipknot songs have quite a bit of singing in them which are the bits that I love. A few years back when I was more depressed, I loved listening to them because they just expressed my anger and made me feel better. "Wait and Bleed" is one of my absolute favourites and there is another song of theirs that I heard that was mostly singing that I loved and can't for the life of me remember what it sounded like 0.o

5. |Aya| Moogle Assistant

[Slipknot] Psychosocial

6. 61 No. B

.5: The Gray Chapter is out in some regions and leaked some time ago.
    I've heard about half of it and it seems to be, to me, potentially their strongest album yet. I've seen people say that it's very Iowa and Vol. 3, and I have to agree, but not in the sense that they didn't know what to do so resorted to channeling older stuff. It has it's own identity while retaining what was best about the songwriting from those albums.

It also just occurred to me that Vol. 3 is a decade old. wow.