Snowglobe

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aura, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Aura Goddess

[New story time. Okay, this is a little something that came into mind probably two weeks ago. I need a distraction and then someone told me something and I came up with an idea. This story will be extremely straight forward so I have made (or in the process of making) the three main characters' intros. I have two done, just need one more. There might be a bit of swearing in this one as well.

The intros are first person, but the actual story is going to be in third person. I only did the intros first person so those that decide to read this story know what the character felt and such during the time I'm describing their pasts. I don't do first person very often so feedback would be lovely. Two of the characters are based off of two friends. I love them dearly and I'm happy I've gotten so close with them.

Credit of the title goes to my Squi-I mean Arch/Terra. He composed a song called Snowglobe and during the time I was pretty depressed, I would repeatedly listen to it. It made me happy and I felt like the song would fit this story.

Anyway...enough of me babbling. Enjoy.]

Adrian Loya - Arch/Tєrrα
    Alyssa Peters - Spunk Ransom/Aqυα
    Helisi Hayden - Aura/Vєn

Adrian Loya

A loud knock echoed into my room, waking me up from my slumber. Light came through my windows, shining down on my face. Sometimes I wondered why the light from the sun never woke me up, yet someone knocking on my door did. It was just too odd, then again, I was odd.

I sighed out heavily as I sat up from my bed, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands as the knocking continued. It was beginning to frustrate me. "Who is it?!" I shouted, causing the knocking to cease.

"Your Highness," a male's voice that was muffled by the door being closed called out. "Your brother wants you downstairs. I have your sister with me at the moment."

"Adrian~!" my little sister's sweet voice called out.

I couldn't help but laugh. Her voice was so sweet and childish; I teased her very often because of it. "I'll be right out!" I shouted. Hearing no response back, I figured the servant must have left with my sister. Even better, I could just fall back to sleep.

I honestly hated my brother with a passion. He corrupted the city my father once ruled. Now because of him, the citizens think my sister and I will be the same way; evil and cruel. I can maybe understand why they might think I'll be the same way since I'm sixteen, but not my little sister. She's too young to understand anything that's really going on. She still asks for my parents, and it practically breaks my heart when I repeatedly have to tell her they're gone.

I threw myself back against my bed, my arms spread at my sides as I stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't help but wonder if anything would go back to normal. My eyes narrowed and I sat up once more. "He'll be pissed at me if I don't go," I muttered, standing up from my bed. I got dressed into different clothes and headed downstairs.

***​

As soon as I reached the bottom steps, I could see what my brother wanted my sister and I for. His usual "kill-people-in-front-of-your-younger-siblings" thing he does. He does this to show my sister and I how to punish citizens if they commit a "crime." The only problem is, more than half of these people don't commit crimes. They just cower because my brother is an asshole who finds entertainment in killing innocent people. I hated this more than I hated him.

As I continued walking down the steps, I felt my brother's eyes land on me. He knew I hated what he did, but he continued to do it, knowing well I couldn't really do anything about it except stand back and watch in disgust.

"He's finally here," he announced towards the guards and a middle aged man that had his hands tied behind his back and was down on his knees. All eyes suddenly turned towards me. The only person I saw smile in my presence was my sister - Kimberly.

"Well," I felt my brother's arm come around my shoulders as soon as I had reached the last step, and his voice ring in my ears. "You were being lazy again?"

His tone annoyed me. It sounded like he was playing some game and I was his target. I felt so much hate against him, however, I swallowed the need to retort back in some smartass tone and brushed his arm away from me. I walked towards Kimberly, and as soon as I stood next to her, she grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. I looked down at her with a faint smile, squeezing her hand back.

Ray - my brother - walked back towards his throne that sat in the center of the room. He didn't bother sitting down, he simply stayed standing and stared down at the man that was going to be his next victim.

Something was building up within me. It felt like rage, but more like I needed to finally do something and protect someone. My grasp on Kimberly's hand tightened, making her look up at me. I knew she looked at me; I felt those hazel eyes staring at me.

"Now!" Ray exclaimed, unsheathing his sword. His eyes momentarily looked at Kimberly and I before they looked back at the man that was down on his knees. Ray raised his sword and swung it down.

I was no longer standing next to my sister; instead, I stood between the citizen and my brother. However, I felt blood escape from my torso. My vision was slightly blurry, but I was still able to see what was happening.

"Adrian!" Kimberly's sweet, gentle voice was now filled with terror when she screamed my name.

I let out a groan when my back hit the ground. My blood seeped through my shirt and eventually met the floor. I heard footsteps around me, and eventually a door close. I'm guessing the guy that was on his knees must have gotten up and ran away.

"You stupid child," I heard Ray say.

"No!" Kimberly screamed, but for what? I closed my eyes for a moment, and when I opened them, I saw her on her knees next to me, her eyes filled with tears. When I looked back at my brother, I saw him lower his sword. He must have wanted to kill me. Bastard.

I looked back at my sister, seeing someone place their hands on her shoulders and pull her away. I was now staring at the ceiling. Everything suddenly went black.

***​

My arms slightly waved down at my sides as I walked; the wind blew the cloak I was wearing, my eyes staring down at the ground beneath me. For a moment, I stopped walking and turned around, seeing my home about three miles away. "I'm sorry...Kimberly," I muttered, raising my hand to grasp the necklace I had around my neck. I lowered my head to look down at the pendant; a small red marble surrounded by thorns. "I'll come back one day...maybe."

I turned back around, continuing my walk. It had already been a few weeks since the day my brother hurt me instead of the citizen he wanted to kill. I knew abandoning my home was the only option. I couldn't take any of it and I wanted to bring Kimberly with me. However, I knew it wouldn't work well if she had come along. "One day," I said. "I'll come back and save you...and everyone else."

***​

I had been walking for days. At times, I would rest somewhere, but I wanted to get as far away as I could away from my home. I didn't know whether Ray would send out guards to look for me. He probably wouldn't, I knew he hated me. Just not as much as I hated him.

I was hungry and thirsty. I hadn't eaten anything for days and all of the walking I was doing was making me feel worse. My stomach wasn't growling; it was more like I felt completely empty there. The feeling was kind of hard to describe. My throat was burning and dry. I needed food and water or else I would die.

My eyes fluttered from the sun beating down on me. I raised my hand above my eyes, trying to shield them from the sun. Something in the distance had caught my attention. A city. I smirked, my pace quickening, but my legs suddenly became heavy. "No," I vaguely murmured. "Keep moving."

I knew I was supposed to be running, but I wasn't. I had no energy to do so and I felt like I was dying. My vision was beginning to blur. Damn it. I knew I collapsed after that.

***​

I felt fresh air brush against my body. I was slowly coming to my senses, my eyes slowly opening to find myself in an unknown room. I was laying on a very comfortable bed and the light was dim. My gaze turned towards a woman that was standing next to me, a gentle smile crossed on her lips. I slowly sat up and looked towards the woman. "Where-"

"You're awake," a deep voice said, causing me to turn my head in front of me.

In front of the bed was an old man sitting down casually. He kept his eyes on me, as though he was staring me down. I didn't know what to think. The only thing that was crossing my mind was where the hell I was.

"My name is Ron," he said, snapping me back into attention. "She's my wife, Anne. We found you outside of Fieldcrest unconscious."

Fieldcrest. So that's where I was. It must be the city I saw before I passed out. "What's your name?" Anne's soft voice asked.

"My name's…Adrian," I muttered, slightly hesitant to say anything. I was a prince, so I was known quite well. I didn't know whether these people knew who I was or not.

"Ah. Adrian Loya?" Damn.

"You know of me…?" I asked.

"A little. We mainly know of your brother," Ron responded. For a moment, there was an awkward silence. I didn't know what to say. The only thing I can probably say was that I hated my brother.

"This," Ron's voice caught my attention once more. "Is your new home."

Alyssa Peters

“Alyssa!â€

My mother’s voice rang in my ears. I sat quietly in my room, staring out my window, watching the outdoors. I was watching people walk by my house, birds flying above, anything my eyes can see. Just outside my window was my father’s farm. To my left were the horses and I always loved watching those amazing animals run around. It amazed me for some reason.

“Alyssa,†my mother called out once more. She sounded closer which made me turn around to see her just at my doorway. She was wearing a brown dress with a apron over it; in her hands was a white towel. Her red hair reach to her lower back. She didn’t look her age; my mother was beautiful.

“Yes, Mom?†I finally responded.

“Your father wants you outside.â€

I nodded my head in response and she left my room. Most kids disliked labor work, but for some reason, I liked it. I guess it was because I loved working with the animals we had here at our farm.

I ran out of room and headed out towards the farm. As soon as I walked out of my house, I saw my father petting one of our horses. He noticed my presence and turned towards me. “I want you to feed the horses while I take care of the other animals,†he said; I nodded.

He stepped away from the horse and soon walked away. I walked towards the animal and lightly petted her before I moved on to feed her and the rest of the horses we owned.

While doing the job my father gave me, I noticed a man who was dressed in what looked like armor pass our home on his own horse. I never saw any military or royal people in my village. Riverland Valley was kind of small and it seemed like it was isolated away from any different villages and cities. It was rare seeing any form of higher class be in this area.

“Alyssa.â€

I turned my head, seeing my mother at the window. She nodded her head at me, motioning to tell me to come back inside. I wasn’t quite sure what was going to happen, but I listened to her and headed back inside. I think my parents might have known something. Like the reason why someone dressed in armor came by our village. I felt frightened and paranoid.

***​

My eyes slowly fluttered open, hearing the sound of a horse neighing. I vaguely muttered something before I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “What’s going on?†I asked to no one in particular. When my drowsiness was beginning to fade, I looked towards my clock only to see it was already passed eight in the morning. “Oh no, I’m late!â€

I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet, picking out any clothes I found decent and changed. As soon as I was ready, I grabbed my book bag off the floor and ran out of my room. When I reached the living room, I didn’t see my parents. I didn’t hear any water running in the kitchen so they might have been out with the animals.

Figuring it would be fine to not say anything to them, I rushed out of my house and ran to school.

***​

I had arrived to school late, but my teachers didn’t really care. I think only the administrators cared. It was already after school and I was walking home by myself. I stared down at the dirt road beneath my feet; when I raised my head, I saw my house not too far away. I smiled, glad I was finally home. School was boring and it dragged on too long for me.

Sighed out heavily as I reached the front door. I didn’t understand why, but I felt uneasy. Something within made me feel frightened when I grabbed the doorknob. I stood still for a moment, wondering why I felt so frightened; I was trembling. I huffed and shook my head, turning the doorknob to open the door.

“I’m ho-†As soon as I opened the door, I saw two bodies lying in a puddle of their own blood. My eyes were wide as I stared at the horrible scene in front of me. My book bag dropped to the ground while I stumbled backwards, an ear piercing scream escaping my lungs. I fell to the ground and crawled back, my body trembling from seeing the only two people I loved dead.

While I sat there, I heard the sound of doors opening and voices forming around me. I knew my neighbors were beginning to come out of their houses after hearing me scream. When I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder, I flinched and stood up. Before I could see who it was, I had taken off running.

I hadn’t even notice what I was doing and when I finally did, I was far away from my house. I stopped running and bent forward, placing my hands against my knees as I panted. I looked over my shoulder, seeing my house in the distance. Who could have killed my own parents?

I choked on the thought and clenched my hands into fists. I couldn’t go back; the only option I felt that I had was to leave Riverland Valley.

***​

I wasn’t sure how long it had been since I left my village, but I was assuming it must have been at a week or more. I think the only thing I did know was that I was far away from my home. I had arrived at some city and from what I had asked from someone, it was called Fieldcrest. I had no money in my pockets so I was starving and extremely thirsty. My energy was dwindling.

I lowered my head and sighed out; however, by doing so, I bumped into someone. I stumbled backward, trying to regain my balance. “I-I’m sorry!†I stammered, seeing it was an old man I had bumped into. He didn’t seem like a fragile old man; he looked like he still had a lot of energy in him. No wonder it hurt me when I bumped into him.

The man turned around and looked at him. For a moment, he simply stared at me, but I soon noticed he started looking at me from head to toe as though he was trying to figure out something.

“I’m sorry,†I repeated, wondering if he had heard me the first time I apologized.

He didn’t respond. Is he deaf? I was beginning to feel awkward so instead of waiting for a response, I turned my back on him and took a couple steps. I felt someone grab my arm, and when I turned, I saw it was the old man. Before I could ask anything, he suddenly started pulling me with him. “W-What the hell?!†I shouted, causing several people to look at our direction.

Normally, people respond when they see a helpless girl being dragged by a random guy. Most people end up thinking that she’s being kidnapped, especially if the girl is screaming, but these people simply looked at us, but looked away.

“Let go of me!†I demanded as I began trying to pull away from this man’s grasp.

For an old man, his grasp was strong. Now, I wasn’t a very weak girl, but since I was hungry I couldn’t fight back. I guess that must have been the reason why the guy’s grasp felt so strong. Not too long after, we arrived at what looked like a school. A very large school.

The man suddenly let go of me when I had finally stopped struggling, which was when we arrived at this unknown place. “Follow me,†the old man’s deep voice said. Without hesitation, I followed him and he led me to some garden that was inside this “school.â€

I caught a boy throwing his fists at a punching bag. I perked an eyebrow and cocked my head a little. “Why did you bring me here?†I asked, directing the question to the old man who had practically kidnapped me.

“Adrian!†So that was the boy’s name. But the guy just completely ignored my question.

The boy turned around and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. He slightly slouched his shoulders, but soon stood up straight and walked towards us. The old man must have motioned towards the boy before walking away. “Follow me,†the boy said, waving his hand at me before beginning to walk away himself.

I sighed out and followed after him, looking around the garden and anywhere he would take me to. This place almost felt like it was a home instead of a school. However, we walked through halls and I could see classrooms, some that actually had students in them.

“Is this a school?†I asked, breaking the silence that had come across the boy and I.

“Yes and no,†he plainly responded. “I’m Adrian, by the way.â€

“Alyssa, but you can call me Aly.â€

Adrian nodded his head in response and looked over his shoulder. I noticed his eyes. They were such a bright blue to the point it looked like they shone. “You know,†his voice calmly said. “You’re pretty cute.â€

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. We barely met and he’s already hitting on me. This boy works quick. Noticing my reaction, Adrian simply laughed and looked ahead of him once more.

“Why did that old man bring me here?†I asked, wanting to change the subject before he started hitting on me again.

“Did you run away from your home?â€

The question caught me off guard. I stayed quiet for a moment before lowering my eyes and shrugging my shoulders slightly. “Yes and no.â€

“Well, I’m sure Ron saw something in you and brought you here. This is your new home.â€

I looked back at Adrian, my eyes wide from the sudden words that slid out of that boy’s mouth so easily. “What? You don’t even know me and y-â€

“Ron didn’t really know who I was either, but he still took me in. Trust me, this is your new home.â€

I left my real home after finding my parents dead and now I’m being taken in so easily into a different one. I heard doors open, causing my train of thought to be cut off. Adrian and I entered a kitchen, and I immediately felt as though my mouth was beginning to water. I was so hungry.

“We’ll feed you and then let you settle in,†Adrian calmly stated. When I looked at him, he was smiling.

I have a home now.

Helisi Hayden

A blue rose stood out in a rose bush. All the other flowers in the bush were red. I had never seen a blue rose before, and this one was beautiful. A big smile crossed my lips as I reached out for it, but soon saw a hand grab mine before I could pluck the flower. I looked up, seeing it was my older sister.

“Lilly!†I whined. “Why’d you stop me from getting the rose? I want it!â€

“Hush you!†she demanded. “It’s amazing to see a blue rose so just leave it there.â€

“It’ll end up wilting though!â€

“And you don’t think it’ll wilt quicker if you plucked it out?â€

Lilly let go of my hand and turned away. Without letting her see, I reached for the flower once more, but she turned back around and grabbed my hand. I whimpered while she pulled me back inside the house, refusing to let me go. When we entered, we saw our parents sitting at the dining table. Lilly simply smiled at them, soon letting go of my hand.

She sat down next to my mother and rested her arms against the table, soon resting her head on her arms. She smiled up at my mother, who had raised her hand to stroke Lilly’s hair. I frowned and turned away, beginning to walk back to my room.

“Lilly,†my mother’s feminine voice said, causing me to turn my attention back towards them. “You need to treat your sister more nicely.â€

I smirked. They knew that Lilly was rather harsh with me, and they didn’t like it. I spun around on my heels and ran over to my father’s side. He wrapped one arm around me and looked down at me; I looked up at him, smiling back.

“Mom!†I suddenly exclaimed. “Tell us our future!â€

Lilly suddenly smiled and quickly nodded her head in response. My mother was a fortune teller, and my sister and I loved hearing our futures. We were never too sure why, but we did. Whenever she told us our future, Lilly’s future and my future were always the same.

“The both of you will live a long fulfilling life,†she said as she held our palms.

I was slowly beginning to get tired of hearing my future, but the only reason I continued to ask was to see if anything that changed, in both mine and Lilly’s.

***​

Lilly never believed the future my mother would tell her and I. She always said it was something nobody could see, but I always thought otherwise. Even though I always heard the same thing over and over again, I felt the need to ask my mother to tell me my future. Luckily, she never got annoyed with me whenever I asked.

It was almost spring, however, the weather was still rather chilly. I had a blue blanket around me as I walked through the hall of our home, wanting to get to my room. I was cold and tired; I let out a yawn as scratched the back of my head, soon noticing a light coming from my mother’s study room. I cocked my head, soon reaching the doorway to see my mother reading a book. I smiled and walked in; she quickly took notice of my presence.

“Ready for bed?†she asked me, putting down the book she had been reading.

I nodded my head in response, grasping the blanket to keep myself warm. “Hey, Mom,†I quietly said. “Tell me my future, please?â€

My mother smiled and nodded her head. I smiled back and I gave her my hand; she turned it so my palm would be facing up. She stared at my palm for about a minute, brushing her fingertips against it.

“It seems like one day you’ll meet the prince,†she said, raising her head to look up at me.

My smile grew bigger. I knew of the prince, but I didn’t know what his name was. However, the idea of meeting royalty made me happy. My mother looked back down at my palm, her shoulders suddenly slouching a little. My smile faded as my mother let go of my hand and leaned back against the chair she was sitting in.

“What…?†I asked, curious as to what she saw.

“One day,†she said. “You’ll lose everything, regain happiness, but lose it once more.â€

I felt as though my heart had dropped. “I’m…†I couldn’t even repeat what my mother had just said. I didn’t even know what to think. I slowly lowered my head to look down at the wooden flooring, my eyes narrowing slightly.

“Listen,†my mother’s voice called out, causing me to raise my head. She grabbed my arms and looked at me in the eyes. “Not everything I see is true. For all we know, this can be changed somehow. Just don’t think on it too much, okay?â€

I stared into my mother’s eyes as I listened to every word she said to me; I could see it in her eyes that she was worried, but I couldn’t show that I was worried. I sighed out and nodded my head in response. “Okay.â€

She faintly smiled up at me and lightly patted my arms. “Good. Now go get some sleep.â€

I forced a smile and nodded my head. “Good night,†I quietly said before turning away. I didn’t bother waiting for my mother to tell me good night; I simply walked out the door and stared down at our wooden flooring. “I’m…going to lose everything…?â€

***​

My head was leaned back as my back rested against the back of the chair I was sitting in. My eyes were closed as I thought of several things from my childhood. I don’t know why, but I did that often. I suppose it was a habit. A knock on our front door interrupted my thoughts; before I could stand up to see who it was, my father was already at the door. I stayed seated and saw a guard hand my father a note. They exchanged words before the guard left and my father closed the door.

“What is it?†my mother’s voice came from just beside me, startling me.

I turned to look back at my father, seeing him opening the note he was given. He read through the note, soon looking at us when he had finished. “Apparently the king wants to see us,†he said in a confused tone.

“Really?†my mother questioned. “I wonder why he wants to see us. Is it only you and I or all four of us?â€

“No, all four of us,†he muttered, lowering his eyes down at the floor. I could tell just by the way he looked he thought something was wrong. My father turned around and headed towards the door. “Lets go.â€

My mother shouted for my sister to come down, and within just a minute, my sister was already downstairs. I could see she was confused as to where my parents were going, but she followed them without giving it much thought.

I felt worried and nervous. I didn’t understand why. The words my mother told me several years ago suddenly rang in my ear. “Maybe…I’m going to meet the prince today.â€

I smiled, however, it was faint. I didn’t want to bring my hopes up too high only to get them knocked down.

***​

Our house wasn’t too far away from the castle. It was probably about half a mile away so we ended up getting to the castle kind of quick. It was quiet the entire time we walked there, but as soon as we got to the place, my sister and I couldn’t help but stare in awe. It was bigger than we had expected and so much more beautiful closer.

Two guards stood at the doors, and when they saw us, they opened the doors for us to enter. The first thing that caught my eye when we entered was the throne that sat in the center. Something made me feel uneasy though. Before I could tell my parents anything, I heard my mother and sister scream. When I looked towards their direction, I saw them being forced down on their knees by two guards.

“What’re you doing?! Let go of us!â€

I looked towards the other direction, seeing the same thing happen to my father. What’s going on? I felt a hand fall on my shoulder, soon pushing down on it to force me to get on my knees. I tried to struggle, but the guard soon grabbed my arms and forced my hands behind my back. I continued struggling, trying to break free from this guard’s grasp, but he held both my hands with one hand and placed the other on my head, pulling my hair to get me to stay still. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes, refusing to scream out in pain.

“Take them outside.â€

I opened one eye and slowly raised my head to see the king standing not too far away from us. Before I knew it, my family and I were taken outside and forced back down on our knees. I was the only one that was actually struggling, making the guard tighten his grip on me. I wouldn’t stop struggling though. I needed to break free. I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

“Why are they doing this, Your Majesty?†my father asked.

For a moment, I had stopped struggling and stared up at the king. He had a menacing smile on his lips, something I would not be able to forget. I lowered my head to stare down at pavement, soon feeling the guard’s grip loosen. I remained completely still before pulling my hands in front of me and swinging my right arm to smack the guard that stood behind me. I had broken free.

“Run!†I heard my father yell at me.

Without any hesitation, I quickly took off running. However, before I got too far, I turned around to look back at my family. My legs suddenly froze, my eyes growing wide; my father’s throat was slit open while my mother was stabbed through the chest. The guard that held my sister forced her down on her back, pinning her as four other guards surrounded them. I couldn’t see her anymore, but I knew what they were going to do to her. My body was trembling; I didn’t know whether it was from anger or fear.

I was snapped back into reality, seeing a guard run towards me. I cursed under my breath and forced my legs to move. When they finally did, I ran as fast I could. I needed to get away from this city. The only image that kept repeating in my head was that smile I saw on the king’s lips. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes. Leave my mind!

***​

I didn’t know how long it has been since I left my home. All I know is that I wanted to be away from such a horrible place. My chest was heaving while my arms lightly swung down at my sides. I had several cuts and bruises from getting into several fights with men. As much as I knew I was fairly weak against them, I had to fight back to get away. The warmth on my stomach and down my waist was beginning to worry me. That area was stained with a crimson liquid and the more I felt, the more my vision was beginning to blur. I saw something ahead, way ahead. At the horizon I saw what looked like a town or city to me. I knew I wanted to smile, but due to how little strength I had, I couldn’t. Everything went black.

***​

I felt cold air brush against my body; I remember feeling hungry and thirsty, but I didn’t feel it. Was I dead? My eyes slowly opened, a groan escaping my mouth as I felt a sudden pain run across my abdomen. My vision was slightly blurry, but I could see there was someone standing next to me. I blinked several times, and with each blink, my vision was adjusting. As soon as it was clear, I noticed the person standing next to me was a boy who looked a few years older than me. I opened my mouth to speak, but he simply smiled and ran towards the doorway.

“Ron! Come here! She’s awake!†he shouted.

Moments later, an elderly male stepped into the room, sighing out and smiling to see me awake. I was completely confused; I didn’t know who these guys were and where I was. I tried moving, but I felt my body suddenly come tense and filled with pain, making me wince.

“Stop!â€

I looked towards the two men, seeing they were now standing next to me; one was on my left and the other on my right. “You shouldn’t move,†the elderly man said.

“Where am I?†I finally asked, slightly forcing myself to speak.

“You’re in a city called Fieldcrest. You were handed over to us after someone found you outside of the city unconscious.â€

I blinked several times, trying to remember what happened before I had blacked out. I stared at the old man, noticing his expression change. My eyes narrowed, feeling droplets of water roll down from my eyes. My hands clenched into fists and I forced my arms up to cover my face as I started whimpering.

“What’s wrong?!â€

“Alyssa, we need your help!â€

I started crying loudly, remembering the images I saw before leaving my home. My body was aching now with the sudden movements I had made. I squirmed onto my side, feeling the two males that were in the room trying to grab me to be still. I suddenly winced, beginning to whimper more out of physical pain. My stomach felt warm and wet; when I looked down, I noticed the sheets were stained with blood.

“Adrian, go get Anne and Alyssa!†the elderly man quickly ordered as soon as he noticed the blood.

The boy took off running out of the room, hearing him call out the names the old man had said. I started wincing even more, feeling the pain in my abdomen become slightly stronger the more I moved. The old man put his hand on his shoulder while his other hand placed a towel against my stomach.

“My name is Ron. Just try to relax and not move so much. It’s only been a week since we took you in.â€

I was beginning to pant, but I nodded my head in response and stayed quiet. When I looked towards the doorway, I saw the boy that was in the room earlier with two other people standing next to her. One looked around my age and the other was an elderly woman; she must be Ron’s wife. I vaguely heard them say something to one another, but my eyes were soon shut.

***​

I felt a bead of sweat roll down my face as my breath was becoming heavy with each step I took. It had already been two weeks since I was taken into Ron’s home and I was finally able to get out of bed. I spent most of those two weeks asleep and only really spoke to Ron and Adrian whenever I was awake. Adrian would tell me while I was asleep, Alyssa would sometimes watch me if Adrian would leave the room. But he was mainly the one that kept an eye on me, along with Ron. His wife was normally busy with other things, I just didn’t know what.

The stairs that led to the rooftop of the main building were kind of steep, but I pushed myself until I reached the door that led to the rooftop. Once I did, I swung the door open and felt the wind brush against my body. A large smile crossed my lips, seeing the whole city. “Whoa!â€

I ran towards the railing, leaning against it slightly to get a better view of everything. I didn’t know how Fieldcrest looked like but seeing it the way I was now made me eager to run around the streets of the city. I got down on my knees, my smile fading when I suddenly felt homesick. I shut my eyes tightly together as I shook my head in response to my sudden feeling.

“Didn’t think you’d be up here of all places.â€

I jumped and turned around to see a girl standing a few feet away from me. My eyes fluttered as I looked away, trying to remember the girl’s name. “Alyssa…right?†I asked, hoping I got the name right. She nodded her head and smiled at me, causing me to smile back.

“Do you like it up here?†she asked, walking towards me.

Once she was next to her, she got down on her knees and sat next to me. I watched her before looking back towards the city. “I do.â€

“It’s an amazing view.â€

I nodded my head in response, staring off into the distance. Having Alyssa’s presence here for some reason made that homesick feeling I felt go away. And it went away the moment I noticed her.

“If it‘s okay to ask this,†Alyssa calmly said, catching my attention once more. “Why did you leave your home, Helisi?â€

I opened my mouth to speak, but I quickly closed it and averted my gaze to the ground. I thought for a moment before speaking. “My family was killed by our king. I don’t know why, but I had escaped before being killed.â€

I turned my attention back to Alyssa, noticing her expression had changed. It kind of surprised me, but then again, whose expression wouldn’t change after hearing that? However, her expression seemed more like surprise mixed with anger and sympathy.

“I’m sorry,†she finally said. “Do you…remember the king’s name?â€

I leaned back slightly while my hands stayed wrapped around the bars of the railing. “I think his name was Ray or something similar to that.â€

“Ray?â€

Alyssa and I turned around, hearing Adrian’s voice behind us. Alyssa smiled slightly, but I simply nodded my head in response. “You know him?†I asked.

Adrian shook his head and walked closer towards us, getting down on his knees with us. “No…but I’ve heard of him before.â€

I looked towards Alyssa, noticing she was staring at Adrian as if she knew something. I got curious, but figured if they did know something, they wouldn’t tell me. Maybe. I sighed out softly and looked back towards Fieldcrest. The was kind of big and my eagerness to explore it built up within me once again.

“Listen, Helisi,†Adrian’s voice called out softly, his hand on my shoulder. I turned around, seeing him smiling at me. “You have a home now. If anything, Aly and I will take care of you.â€

“We’ll protect you,†Alyssa added, smiling at me.

I looked back and forth from one to the other, surprised they were already willing to protect me without even knowing me for too long. However, it still got to me; my eyes narrowed, feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

“Helisi!â€

I brought my hands up to eyes, trying to wipe away the tears, but they kept coming down. I felt Adrian wrap his arm around me and bring me closer. He lightly patted my head, hearing him and Alyssa telling me to calm down and that it was alright. As much as I wanted to stop crying, I couldn’t help it. I was always sensitive to certain words and hearing the both of them say they’ll take care of me got to me.

I’ve regained my happiness. Please let it stay.

2. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

As, I have already said, I love it. The character really gives off the essence of Arch. If that makes sense. I can't wait to read the last intro.

3. Arch Mana Knight

I'm more badass than Adrian. Anyways...I'm glad you named it after my song. Too bad now I'll have to come up with a new last name for a character of my own story(a new one >>) since I told you about his last name. I like what you've written so far as you already know. ^^

4. Aura Goddess

I tried making it as much as possible close to Arch. His intro flowed out easier than it did with the other two.

If you told me the last name was going to be for your story, I wouldn't have used it. Either way, I don't think Snowglobe will be long so just use it.

Anyway, new intro. This intro was a lot more difficult to write. I don't know why, I just had difficulty with this one.

Any mistakes, please tell me. Updated.

5. Jayn

Wonderful as always with spelling and punctuation and all that jazz.
    As for the actual content, I'm eager to see more of this in terms of plot development and some explanations.
    You did well with the character's tone differing tones as well.
    Keep writing~

6. Aura Goddess

Thank you. 8D I'm glad you liked it.

Okay, this final intro took me a while. I got lazy and I kept debating on several things but I finally decided to write and finish it. This one is slightly longer than the other two. It was about six pages longer but it looks shorter on here. Either way, I'm happy I finally finished it. XD

I found several mistakes since I would write this intro by force, kind of, but if there are any other mistakes I might have missed, do tell me. Updated.

7. Arch Mana Knight

You forgot to capitalize "spring" when you mentioned it. Hm. I liked it but maybe you shouldn't make it so obvious that Adrian is hiding something from girly(Helisi). As for her character...she seems easily swayed. Then again, she is the youngest of the three. I wonder how you'll write the rest of the story seeing as how you've done a first person from the three's points of view.