So I got Virtue's Last Reward...

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Splodge, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

And jesus christ is that game good, and it was only 12 pounds on the e-shop, which is seriously cheap as all the other retail games are at full retail price. I kinda wish they, y'know, added in the choice for English voice actors? Who am I to complain, I'd probably switch to the Japanese VA regardless.

2. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Yeah, I heard the game is amazing, I probably won't get it because I never played 999 and don't play Visual Novels outside of the often Phoenix Wright.

By the way, speaking of this game, I heard there's a bug that crashes your game and corrupts your save on the 3DS version (Which I assume is the one you have given you mentioned the eShop) if you save on the puzzle rooms. And I heard there's only one save slot.

And there has been no patch released yet, so yeah, I would be careful. I heard the best thing to do is to save at corridors and warehouses only.

3. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I had no idea that bug existed, thanks for pointing it out! If you don't want to play the game because you haven't 999 that's understandable, but there really isn't a huge connection, it just keeps the core concepts of the first game, a group of nine people trying to escape from a certain location, but this one is definitely better then 999, not to say 999 is a bad game.

4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

No problem, I randomly stumbled on a topic on a game forum of people who encountered it talking about the bug, then did a quick search in another game forum.

As it turns out, the problem isn’t just saving on those parts, some copies of the game apparently have some MASSIVE data leaking going on. This causes random freezes, save corrupting even when doing the trick I told you about and such.

I can't pick this up because:

1) The aforementioned.
    2) I can't pick it from the eShop because an eShop card here is more expensive than a game on full price.
    3) There's no stock or I think demand for this game on the store I go. And without demand they won't replenish the stock.

But still, do enjoy the game; I heard the game is amazing itself. And I think there's a save backup software for the games that you got from the 3DS eShop somewhere on the 3DS.

5. Jube Formerly Chuck's

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I'll be nice and not SPOIL the whole ****ing game for you but do NOT say that until AFTER you've beaten at least a few a playthroughs, then we'll see if there's no connection or not.

6. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

What? I played the whole game English dubbed.

7. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.

Only the NA version of the game has English voices, europe and japan are japanese voices only.

8. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

That's bizarre considering that the North American version was released a whole year before the European release.

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The bit about English VAs is weird, but I do love VLR. Luckily, I haven't had the save issue on my copy.

I still haven't finished it though. I play in spurts.

10. Antidote Façade

I bought it then returned it because there was no indication that it was gonna be JP only. I ordered it from Canada just so I could get it in English. Annoying because there's literally no reason why the dub shouldn't have been included in the EU version.