So I'm hoping to quit smoking...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by 0blivionkeeper, Jan 3, 2015.

1. 0blivionkeeper Merlin's Housekeeper

Donno of this I the best place to post this but I might as well start here.

I started smoking when I was 16 after going through a rough patch. Its been about two years since then, and while my smoking got worse for a while, I managed to cut down to 6-7 a day now, but I wanna get that down to 0. I tried quitting a few times before, bit the longest I got to was 17 days, and that was because I was so sick I couldn't actually smoke, it'd make me throw up lol.

I want to know if anyone has any tips on how to help with cravings? Either from experience or from someone you know who quit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Antidote Façade

I know it's extremely hard to quit smoking, but just remember- it only takes 2 days of no smoking for all of the nicotine to be completely out of your body. The rest is purely psychological and it's just the notion of smoking that you miss.

I'm not sure how active you are, but exercise can help. It makes your brain produce anti-craving chemicals. Other than that, you could try writing a list of goals to achieve, with reasons -why- you should stop smoking, like saving money, your health, etc.

Another tip would be to buy polo mints, and whenever you crave a cig, take one of them.

Sorry if this seems like useless information. What works for one person might not work for someone else, but best of luck to you with stopping!