Kingdom Hearts So what happened to Sora's parents?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Labrys, Dec 1, 2012.

1. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

They continued to wait at the dinner table until Sora came back.

They died from starvation.

2. A Zebra Chaser

Honestly, it's not really. Riku mentions that entering the darkness may lead to them never seeing their parents again. So the implication is that they will take the raft to explore, but be home for dinner, or whatever.
    What about the nine month where they forgot Sora existed.

3. 61 No. B

That's interesting. I must have always missed that line because I don't remember Riku ever mentioning their parents.
    It almost makes me wonder if deep down they believed that other worlds existed, or if they were just playing. If that's the case that's very interesting, because it gives KH the sense of these kids were just playing, and because of some accident they were thrown into an actual adventure of what they were playing. That's somewhat what it already was, but not quite as much.

4. A Zebra Chaser

here
    But yeah, they had no real concept of other worlds until they actually lost theirs (Besides Riku thanks to Ansem)

5. 61 No. B

thanks, this, for me, adds a little bit more depth the idea these kids just leaving their home to go on an adventure.

6. Sara Tea Drinker

I actually had a fun debate with Arc about this at some points.

I can imagine them when the parents got home and they told them about their adventures them flipping out and grounding them for life. Not including half the stuff they do in the games, including Sora stabbing himself in the chest with the keyblade, I don't think that would go well. They probably got home like everything else in the island and screamed at their kids for being away so long.