Dream Drop Distance So What Happened to Terra-Xehanort?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by MasterJoshua7, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MasterJoshua7 Merlin's Housekeeper

When Riku confronted the new organization Young Xehanort said that the most future Xehanort would soon appear refering to a limp shadowy figure that I assumed was the recreating Terra-Xehanort. But then after the fight with Young Xehanort the old man Master Xehanort was there. And the last time we saw that incarnation he faded away and disappeared because his heart was now inside Terra.

I'm guessing that Master Xehanort's original body must've been recovered and had part of Xehanort's heart placed back into it. And maybe that process is what I thought was the recreating of Terranort but with the twists and turns this story keeps taking, I'm probably wrong.

If anyone has any other theories or information I'm not aware of I'd love to hear them. :)

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I think Terranort was one of the hooded figures in that scene. When Mickey mentioned who would make up the 7 guardians of light, he mentioned Terra and Sora. MX then said Sora (when he was about to become member #13) and "another on his list" belonged to him now, leaving him three guardians short.

3. A Zebra Chaser

4. MasterJoshua7 Merlin's Housekeeper

I think Young Xehanort was refering to Master Xehanort when he said his "most future" self would soon appear. If Master Xehanort was from 10 years ago then why would he be refered to as the "most future" Xehanort?

5. A Zebra Chaser

TIME TRAVEL~!
    KH's mechanics for time travel are... odd. You can only go backwards, and you must exist at that time in order to go there. This would be simple enough for someone like, say, Kairi, or Mickey, basically, a normal person.
    But it gets VERY messy with Xehanort and his billion forms.
    Anyways, we won't know the whole story until KH3, but it's implied that Xehanort has been reconstituting as a result of his heartless and nobody being destroyed. I belive it was Re:Coded that implied it wasn't Terranort that was reborn, but rather Master Xehanort.
    But the mechanics behind Young xehanort's 'gathering' are up for question anyways
    The whole thing hasn't been explained

6. MasterJoshua7 Merlin's Housekeeper

Now that you mention it, Yin Sed did say that Master Xehanort would be resurected without even mentioning Terra. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait for ever elusive KH3. I certaily they explain all this somehow. :confused:

7. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Because he's the oldest physical form of Xehanort. He basically cheated death by possessing Terra, which would've temporarily "reset" his age back to being young. Xemnas and Ansem are the same "age" as Terra, while Master Xehanort is still, on the inside, an old man.

Remembering that Young and Master Xehanort are the same person, it makes sense that YMX would call MX his oldest form, since he simply is.

8. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Terranort from the past might be one of the hooded figures. Same goes for the real Terra (depending if he is still under Xehanort's control/consumed by darkness.)

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Because Younger Xehanort was the oldest version (being in the most distant past) I think is okay for him to call Master Xehanort "most future". Though I suppose Terranot is one of the 13 darkness, as Terra's body must be in some place (I now Xemnas has it, but probably the Terranort version also exists, being the current one), this because that at KH III Sora & Riku will be saving the ones lost in Darkness(Ventus, Aqua, Roxas, Xion, Terra, maybe Naminé and Eraqus).
    Aqua will be found at the Dark Realm, and probably will come back to aid the people becoming one of the 7 lights, This mean that probably KH III will happen in Castle Oblivion for some time, is a place in betwen LIght and Darkness being a shortcut for Aqua to escape the Realm of Darkness and the place where Ventus body is, and Sora needs to go there to give his heart back.
    I don't know how "Roxas and Xion" will be saved, as they were never people to start with.. maybe Ventus come back with the memories that Roxas had also, so he will be Ventus , but also will be "Roxas", Xion could do the same to Sora (as she is a part of Sora's heart), would be kind strange after for Sora and Ventus to look at each other as they would have been flearting with each other in a previous life...

And Terra (and Eraqus) probably will be saved from the prision that they are inside Xehanort's heart by Riku & Sora coming back to being their original selves (but Eraqus most likely will die in the process as he doesn't have a body no more).

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

All right, I fully acknowledge I'm out in the aether on this one. But maybe the MX we see in that scene is Xehanort's form after Terra has been freed from his influence. I originally heard that Leonard Nimoy was only signed on to voice MX in Birth by Sleep, but perhaps his reappearance in KH3D is a sign that Squeenix convinced him to play a bigger role in the series. It may be that Nomura originally intended Terranort to be the new face of Xehanort, but changed his mind as of Dream Drop Distance. The only thing that really conflicts with this hypothesis is the fact that Master Xehanort says, in reference to Mickey counting off the guardians of light, "...two on that list belong to me now." Pretty clear he's referring to Sora and Terra. But here's the thing: Considering the fact that Xehanort's time travel affects the traveler's memory, it could be he somehow doesn't know he's going to lose Terra. He lost Sora, after all, and didn't know it in advance. It's kind of a flimsy defense, but I intend to air out all my crack hypotheses before the next game hits in case I nail it on a fluke again.

It seems likely that Terranort is among the numbers of the seekers of darkness and just has his hood up. Poor little guy must be shy. Only one thing doesn't make sense to me in that case: Why was Master Xehanort referred to as Xehanort's "most future self?" In the case that Terranort is present, that's simply not true. The phraseology seems to imply that age has nothing to do with it, for one; otherwise, he would've just said "my oldest self." In fact, even without Terranort, several Xehanorts are further along on the timeline than any appearance of Master Xehanort outside of KH3D. Seekernort succeeds him, Xemnas succeeds him, Saïxnort succeeds him... Hell, the only one who precedes him is YMX! So what's up with that? Did the kid just not know better? Did he assume the oldest one was the furthest down the timeline? Or was it really a mis-translation? Guess we'll only find out if someone brings it up in an interview, or KHIII answers the question.

11. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Master Xehanort is the most future because it was implied that when Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, were both defeated. Him being brought back was supposedly what was happening in that room. I also think Terra is still going to be among the darknesses, as I see no reason for him not to be.

12. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

True. So Sora, Riku, Kairi, Aqua and Ventus are 5 of the 7 lights. Who's the other 2? Mickey and Lea? O_o

13. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

That's what everyone wants to know. xD

14. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

True... Do you think it might be 2 new characters?

15. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I doubt it. People are getting mad enough as it is with the whole Lea having a keyblade. I'm sure Mickey is a light though. Xehanort counted him, or at least didn't disagree with Mickey on the matter.

16. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Let me guess why some people are mad about Lea getting a Keyblade. Pointless?

17. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I've heard people say stuff like he didn't deserve it or the keyblade not being rare enough but I don't really care about that stuff lol. It hasn't been rare in the first place.

18. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

As stated when Xehanort (or was it Yen Sid or Eraqus?) explained the Keyblade War.

19. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I think they all explained it except Eraqus. But yeah. That. Lol

20. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

They probably either never played BbS or just plain dumb (referring to the people who think that the Keyblade isn't rare anymore since it never was in the first place. :P)