Birth by Sleep So, what role does the old man play?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Gamefreak103, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

In kh we had a powerful heartless who wanted all worlds in darkness, in kh2 we had a powerful nobody who wanted kingdom hearts, what role will this old man play?

2. Spike H E R O

Simple: A corrupted power-hungry homicidal maniac bent on conquerin' the world. He doesn't have to be some kind of new creature like we experienced with the rest of them.

3. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Isn't the old man supposed to be Xehanort?

4. Mirai King's Apprentice

Yeah, his name is Xehanort. Also, his outfit is strkingly similiar to Xehanort's Heartless.

5. SoulSlayer Traverse Town Homebody

He is *Master* Xehanort. First I thought the dark suit unknown was just a copy of him, but he took off his mask in the new trailer, but they didn't show his face. So that might actually be his apprentice, Professor Xehanort, who lost his memory and thought his name was actually Xehanort. He's had an identity crisis before y'know... Or should I say, later.

But I think the knights were also his apprentices, and he asked Terra to kill him. I still think Terra looks a lot like Ansem bringer of Darkness. If his eyes can turn yellow, I'm sure his skin can turn dark and his hair white. Maybe the game is about Terra's path into darkness, just like Riku has experienced.

In any case, the role the bald man plays is obviously making a good story. But I don't think he's the main bad guy... They've never showed who the main bad guy was before you actually got to play the game.

6. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Ohhh, so you're saying that Baldy's aprrentice is who becomes Professor Xehanort, if I'm reading that right.

Well, I think that he's going to be the main, or at least main-ish, bad guy.

7. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

All this logic has twisted my head. O.o

Maybe he discovered Kingdom hearts and is going after it.

8. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Thank you. You've just put all my thoughts into words.
    (That means I agree with you XD)

Especially about him being the main bad guy. Like in the KH2 trailer, they never showed Xemnas (well, his face)
    Just some organization XII people.
    And it could be a type of thing where when it starts out, he isn't a bad guy, but you end up fighting him in the end. Kind of like Riku in KH1....except you don't start out as his best friend and you don't end up being friends with him again when it is over : D

9. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

That does make some sense.....I think....

10. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Alright. Two franciful scenarios.

1. Baldy (shaddap you gaiz, we dunno if he's Xehanort or nuthin yetz) goes and steals all the memory off people for his own fortune!! *le gasp*

or

2. v_v Baldy had a troubling and misunderstanding life as a child. He went through grade school with average grades and was picked on because he never grew any hair. His time in junior high was nothing special, just raging hormones and unrequited first loves. As time slowly moved on, and he reached his final years in high school, did he realize his need for revenge. Revenge over the fact that his parents had neglected him, he had no friends, and no one helped him. He was alone. But digressing, he had the will. The will to change all of that and that will was his fuel. From that day forward, he would have no more of it.
    [fade out]

8B I honestly dunno what his deal is.

11. SoulSlayer Traverse Town Homebody

The bald man is Master Xehanort. As in, a master of the keyblade, called Xehanort. The dude in the black suit is his apprentice. Both these things are confirmed in SE's press release. So most likely, Master Xehanort was the actual original Xehanort. And I personally think the dude in the suit is what we always thought of as the original Xehanort, Professor Xehanort.

He was found somewhere by Ansem the Wise and had lost his memory. The only thing he could remember was his name, which he *thought* to be Xehanort. He then turned himself into a heartless, who took up the name of his master at the time, Ansem bringer of Darkness. Which also created a nobody, who called himself Xemnas.

Y'know... this is getting pretty ridiculous. XD

Also, my statement earlier in this topic about the knights also being Master Xehanort's apprentices was wrong. I thought I read that, but they were actually the apprentices of another Master (like the press release says).

12. SinirothXIII Destiny Islands Resident

Actually, it's been confirmed that his name is Master Xehanort.

Edit: Oops, I had this reply open for awhile by accident, and finished it not knowing the guy above me had already said the same thing.

13. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    Thank god. I thought I was the only one who was being driven crazy because everyone automatically assumed that Master Xehanort and Professor Xehanort were the same person because they shared a name.

This is basically what I thought as soon as I saw that Baldy was called Master Xehanort (although he'll always be Baldy to me :D )

As for Terra, I think he looks more like Xemnas than Xehanort/Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. Although that doesn't seem to make a difference at first, remember that his accomplice Ven looks strikingly like Roxas NOT Sora.

And I'd stake money that member 14 from 358/2 Days looks like Aqua.

14. WeAreLegion Merlin's Housekeeper

Same thing that all bad guys want in RPGs, destroy all existence. But maybe he just wants to the power of Kingdom Hearts.

15. methol Merlin's Housekeeper

im confused

you realise that the game the bald man takes place in happens many years before the events of kingdom hearts 1 right ?

16. yemboy42 Merlin's Housekeeper

I at first assumed the Xehanorts were the same person, but actually, that theory does make sense. He has stolen his master's name before; I see no reason why he shouldn't do it this time.

17. micketymike Twilight Town Denizen

I'd tell you but then youed never leave me alone
    remember ansem the wise all through kh2 we didnt know who he was

maby the old man will play the same kind of role

18. Roxetta Destiny Islands Resident

Well my guess is that he is either their teacher or some scientist like Ansem the Wise.

19. KATACHI IS KING!! Hollow Bastion Committee

in your kitchen, eating all of your food XP
    isnt it obvious? he probly plays the ultamite villan at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.