Birth by Sleep So which protagonist had it the worst off?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by ReverofEnola, Jan 24, 2013.

?

Worst ending for which character?

1. Aqua

64.3%
  2. Terra

58.9%
  3. Ventus

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Wondering which one had it the worst off whether it be helping destroying your father/mentor, to being trapped in the realm of darkness for over 10 years, or just being a sleep for over 10 years.

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

In my opinion, Terra and Aqua had it worse. Terra and Ven screwed up, and Aqua had to pay for it by going to the realm of darkness. Terra killed his own master, and is now being controlled by Xehanort...

3. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I think Terra. He ended up killing his own master and then losing his body so that's pretty bad. Aqua's being trapped in darkness is pretty close though.

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I thought Aqua had it worst cause she had lost both of her friends and her master to darkness. I felt so bad for Aqua at the end of BBS. Terra would come in 2nd for me in worst endings then Ventus.

5. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

Terra. Losing his body to his enemy and seeing his friends suffer so much must've been harsh. He killed his own master, too.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

In my opinion Aqua had it the worst off. After losing both of her friends, she not only got trapped in the realm of darkness, but she did it knowing that it depended on her to save Ven and that she could not.

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I know this is supposed to be like the "Only pick one" questions, but I just can't pick between the three of them.

Aqua had lost both of her friends and her mentor, and she's stuck in the same place for more than 12 years (Considering that she didn't age at all, time must have move differently in the Realm of Darkness.).

Terra was consumed by the darkness, had his body possesed by Master Xehanort, He killed his mentor who also consider him as a father (Technically he didn't kill him since Master Xehanort finished Eraqus off.), His mind lingers on in his armor as his Lingering Will, He witnessed his home world being consumed by the darkness, and he has done a few evil deeds during BbS (Like stealing the heart of Aurora if I'm correct.)

Ven had been lied to about his past, had experienced the brink of death multiple times already, his darkness being forcefully removed by Master Xehanort, and he is left in Castle Oblivion as a lifeless body. (Not really, he's in a comatose state since his heart is in Sora's.)

And the few things that they have in common are their friendship was torn apart, the man whom they consider as a mentor and a father is gone, their home world has been destroyed, and they suffered a fate which they are stuck in for more than twelve years.

8. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

I would say Aqua, her being trapped in the realm of darkness alone for 10 years!, not only that she watched as Terra became consumed by darkness and Ven slip into a coma, she probably feels like she is responsible considering if she didn't save Terra from falling into darkness none of this would be happening now

9. **Blizzard** Merlin's Housekeeper

Sorry, It would probably have to be Aqua for me as well. She sacrificed herself to save Terra and got trapped in the Realm of Darkness for it...

10. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Terra most of things he is blamed for he didn't do it, he really tried his best to stay good, but it wasn't in the cards for him, and have to "kill" his father to protect his "brother" is pretty intense, not to mention that he have been brain raped by Xehanort over the last 10 years LOL! At least Aqua is doing "fine" in the realm of darkness knowing that the hearts of her friends are still protecting her from darkness..

Ventus screwed his heart apart, but it was his resolve since the begining to save his friends (and he thinks he did it).. also he is crashing at Sora's heart for the second time ! He probably will be fine and YOUNG!

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

The fact that Ven is for the most part safe and much of Terra's misfortune is his own doing leads me to side with Aqua. Not only has she been in a constant battle to maintain her sanity for ten years on end, she had to fight both of her friends to help them regain their senses, and effectively failed both times - and none of it was her fault. She had all that thrust upon her shortly after achieving mastery. Can you imagine? It's like having just graduated from college and having your best friends die in a car crash because one was drunk driving, then having to bury one yourself and settle the other's gambling debt.

12. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Whoa, I never thought of it that way :eek:.

13. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

I agree with the ones that says Aqua had it the worst. Of course, Terra had it really bad, but he paid for his own mistakes (even when he was being manipulated by Xehanort). Aqua committed only little mistakes, saved Ven and Terra's bodies, and ended up in the realm of darkness for more than 10 years, almost losing herself, and thinking that everything went wrong (until she meets Ansem).
    On the other hand, if you count KH II and KH 358/2 plots (and Roxas events as Ven's), then you could maybe say that Ven had it pretty bad too, being used, loosing Axel and Xion, and ending up as a key to awaken somebody else...

14. rulerwaffle Merlin's Housekeeper

It's strange, but awesome to see all the opinions varied like this. I think a lot of it depends on which character you play more, or even which on you played first. I played Terra first. I loved Aqua before the game came out, but playing through Terra's side I had grown angrier and angrier towards Aqua because all she did was run up and blame Terra for what was happening, instead of maybe pulling him back and helping him. A lot of people are saying Terra got what he deserved, and while he didn't do everything perfectly he did what he thought was right as he battled against his own darkness.

I think he suffered the most, but obviously I am biased on this so I'm agreeing with what Vagineer said.

15. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

True, Terra didn't mean to cause any of the damage he performed. What some people tend to forget is that Terra also performed some good deeds as well (such as saving Snow White). Plus, when Aqua visits some of the worlds Terra has been in she sometimes reassures herself that Terra hasn't fallen to the darkness. Then comes the Gathering scene and all of a sudden Aqua blames/criticizes Terra for beckoning the darkness.

16. rulerwaffle Merlin's Housekeeper

Yuuuuuuup. See, the gathering scene was definitely what made me snap towards Aqua. Not only did she try lecturing him, but also blamed him for the death of their master. When A. He started the fight to protect Ven. B. He didn't kill him, Master Xehanort dddiiiiiiddd. But after I played the Aqua's side, I understood a bit more why she did what she did' but still I feel a bit of resentment towards her, even now. And I don't want to because I love her as a character otherwise. Dang it I need to play the game again.

17. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

I think that the point of the game is to see that all of them maked mistakes, and they all redeemed from that. I would never say they are bad, because we can clearly see how they are manipulated, and how they show that they are still good deep inside.
    And I think my favorite character of the game is Terra. So I dont blame him for what happened. But Aqua's sacrifice when she enters the RoD, that was really sad, and the fact that she was conscious for 10 years that Ven had no heart, and Terra was consumed by darkness, that sure would make her feel guilty and sad :C
    (Sorry if my english it's a bit rough, but it's not my first language xD I'm still learning)

18. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Wow. You bring up an interesting theme for BBS and I applaud you for that :).

19. Allen Tor Destiny Islands Resident

Definitely Terra. Ven had it relatively easy (compared to the other two) in that he doesn't have to be conscious for it; he's going to wake up and, at worst, have a few of Sora's memories, but he's more or less unaware of his own unhappy ending. And Aqua, despite being trapped in the realm of darkness, doesn't have it nearly as bad as Terra does, she has company (Ansem the Wise), she has her friend's hearts looking out for her, and most importantly she still has her free will. Whatever happens Aqua still gets to decide her own course of action, she gets to make choices, Terra doesn't.

20. Plums Wakanda Forever

Considering Ven is currently safe and was shown to be content after defeating Vanitas, and a great deal of Terra's issues were self inflicted (and he seemed pretty confident he could beat Xehanort out in the BBS secret ending), I have to go with Aqua.

Not only did she lose her home and her master, but she had to fight both of her best friends and ultimately failed to save them. Although this later did prove to be a good thing, as it kept Xehanort at bay for a little bit if time, she must have felt absolutely terrible for the 10-11 years she's been in the RoD -- all of this happening right after she was bumped up to Mastery. Worst grad present by far.