Birth by Sleep So which protagonist had it the worst off?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by ReverofEnola, Jan 24, 2013.

?

Worst ending for which character?

1. Aqua

64.3%
  2. Terra

58.9%
  3. Ventus

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheGoldenFlash Merlin's Housekeeper

Aqua. I think some of you are underestimating how long 10 years really is to be wandering around in darkness.

2. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

But at least she had some company in the realm of darkness. Am I right?

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Towards the end of her ten years of wandering, with Ansem the Wise. Before that, she only had her Master's Keyblade and her Wayfinder charm.

4. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Well at least she had her free will and her health unlike some other characters that I know.

5. Antidote Façade

Tough call, but I would say Terra.

Ven has been asleep for ten years and Aqua has been fighting in the RoD, but due to time moving differently from the real world, it's only been a few hours/days to her. Both have not suffered the effects of aging and are likely to continue on where they left off.

Terra killed his master, had continuously been mislead and manipulated throughout the game, and finally lost his body. We don't really know what will happen with him, do we? When he gets his body back, he might have aged. Hell, he might not get his body back in the end.

6. Allen Tor Destiny Islands Resident

I don't remember anything about the Realm of Darkness' time being different from the time in the Realm of Light, where did you learn this?

7. Antidote Façade

Well if it isn't then why is Aqua still the same age with the same appearance after 10 years have passed?

8. AzzyFox Destiny Islands Resident

I'm going with Aqua for this one. It must have taken a lot of faith and mental stability for her to put up with fighting Heartless nonstop for the past 11 years.

Because time does not flow in the Realm of Darkness.

9. Antidote Façade

I'm aware of that. It was more of a rhetorical question since Allen was questioning why I said the time was different in the RoD.

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I would say Ven because he simply wanted to help people and have a happy life with his friends but Xehanort pushed him into a corner, one that he couldn't escape from which would lead him to be the lead in destroying everything he held dear. I can't imagine what that would do to me if I was in that situation but it pushed Ven to euthanasia. Aqua is trapped in the realm of darkness but she is there knowing she did what was best and whatever she could, she isn't alone as Ven and Terra's keyblades were with her and she remains strong and keeps fighting. Terra is obviously a lingering sentiment and being used by Xehanort to cause chaos but at least he is still live and kicking.

I just found Ven's story to be the saddest because he was the happiest of them all.

11. Jin うごかないで

You know? I've thought about answering this thread for a while and I've come to a final choice. Me being me I can never pick one but I'll put it in situations through the game if you know what I mean.

Firstly; Emotionally I think it would come down to Ventus, he was basically used as a tool for as long as we know, by Xehanort even through the time he had been under Eraqus' care he still was being used but even before Vanitas got extracted from him he was just a innocent young boy who possibly just wanted to explore the world rather than push himself to get stronger. In the end yeah he did get stronger but to what cost? he ended up having to almost push himself to the complete destruction of his own heart just to prevent the X-blade from becoming complete outside his own heart. Of course now atleast he was able to merge his own heart to Sora's until the day comes that he is awakened but all in all because he was used to such an extent and the fact that Eraqus who was not only a father figure to Terra and Aqua, but to himself as well, had tried to kill him because of the risk, which in the end pushed him to the point of asking his friends to destroy him it shows how emotionally he was hit by all the events throughout the game. This is why I think emotionally he is possibly the most worse off character in BBS.

Metally: Aqua, from the start of the game she was the one who had started off with possibly the highest stress level, not only because of Terra running off but also because ventus was running around as well and as a master she needed to protect them and because she had become a master that added to her stress level ontop of the fact she felt that Terra's acts were out of spite towards her. In the end she ends up trapped to save Terranort, trapped in technically the Kingdom hearts Hell and for ten year she's been there waiting for someone or something to get her out. but the thing that sets her apart is the fact she's still conscious throughout ALL of the events from the end of bbs to dream drop distance.

12. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

ugh! tough question for me! I can't vote. lol

13. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

Most likely Aqua she is trapped in the realm of darkness with no way out.

14. StardustXtreme Chaser

I'd say most likely Aqua, she has no sense of time of how long she's trapped within the Realm of Darkness, plus she'd be fighting Pure Hearted Heartless all those years, not to mention while it seems she never aged one bit, I suspect the Realm of Darkness is synched off from the passage of Time as is Castle Oblivion with Ventus in stasis.

Also you have to wonder about food supply for Aqua unless when she saw the Enchanted Dominion fall to darkness, she gets food there.

15. Explode Who?!

Ven's circumstance was pretty rough, but as bad as it was, he had enough time to come to terms with it. By the end of his story arc, he was ready to die.

I would say Terra had it the worst, but it's harder for me to sympathize with him since a lot of what happened was his fault. He's a tragic hero, and I appreciate him as a character for that, and I do feel sorry for him, but his fate could have been avoided if he thought things through a bit more instead of going into a fit of rage. It's a tough call to say who's suffering the most. It's unclear how conscious Terra is, though it seems like he's in a state of turbulent, confused rage, since a part of him attacked Sora. It's pretty safe to assume he lost the battle over his body, since Xehanort gained full control. My guess is he doesn't entirely remember who he is, just that he's angry and regretful, and that he's supposed to set something right. Which is pretty terrible.

Weighing all factors, I think Aqua got the worst deal. As other people stated, she was forced to fight both of her friends, and was able to save neither of them. After sacrificing herself so that Terra has a CHANCE of surviving, she has no way of knowing if any of her actions amounted to anything. She's left wondering if her friends are okay, all the while having to fight a ceaseless, objective-less battle for more than ten years, completely alone. Yes, she has her wayfinder, but that's no substitute for an actual person: it serves little purpose more than giving her a fleeting sense of hope. And she can't even let herself die, because she still has to make it out and save Ven. I think my favorite moment in the entire series is when Aqua starts crying after hearing Sora's name. Because even though she couldn't save her own friends, she felt like she left some impact on this boy, and was really proud of him for doing what she couldn't. And the simple fact that that realization brings her to tears is a testament to just how much she's been through.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  16. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I think i'm gonna say aqua.
    She ended up trapped in the realm of darkness for years, with things like hunter of the dark running around.

For all we know, there's probably hundreds of those things in there.

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Terra = Pretty much killed his father figure
    Ventus = Beaten up and fractured his heart (Pretty much a puppet)
    Aqua = Trying to find and save everyone only to fail and end up in the dark realm.

I think they all equally had it rough.

18. Labrys King's Apprentice

I'd say Aqua because not only did her journey fail, but compared to Ventus and Terra she still haven't fulfilled her personal atonement and is still wondering endlessly.

19. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I would say Terra, because can you imagine how it must feel like to have your body stolen? The body you were born with, grew up with. TO have some old guy just come out of nowhere and decide, "Hey, you know what? I'm going to snatch your body for my own. Just cuz I can." He then has to spend years watching as Xehanort just uses his body, unable to fight for control anymore. I don't know about you guys, but I'd feel rather bitter if that happened to me. Oh! And (I'm not sure if this is fact, but...) isn't Terra's and Xehanort's memories now getting all jumbled up, and the two are now becoming one actual person?

Sure Aqua failed, and now has to wander the dark realm...but at least she eventually finds company. And the hooded figure; Diz, eventually brings a smile to her face as he reveals what Sora is doing, which ignites some kind of hope in her. And Ventus? He's just taking a nap, letting Sora do all the work.

20. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

I'd say both Terra and Aqua. They kind of both had to fight each other after Xehanort took over Terra's body.