So you know that PC version of FF13 coming out?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Graxe, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Graxe King's Apprentice

Well the space requirements on the Steam page got bumped up from 30 GB to 60 GB.

I don't know why I'm laughing, but I can't stop for some reason whenever I see and think about it.

2. Trigger hewwo uwu

Most games seem to be 30+ GB now. It's pretty ****ing ridiculous.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm not even sure why you'd buy it on PC. Get it on an Xbox or Playstation and enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed

4. libregkd -

5. A Zebra Chaser

6. Trigger hewwo uwu

[​IMG]

7. The Fuk? Dead

It probably just means that it needs to use 60GB during the install. The largest game I have ever seen was Max Payne III, and that was only 30-something-GB. I know it's a big game, but I can't imagine it's bigger than RAGE, a game that uses megatexturing.

8. A Zebra Chaser

it's the FMVs
    FF13 has so many
    and they're probably all avi quality
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're bigger than 1080p, too

9. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Same reason you get any game on PC, mods.

But seriously PC gaming is the future no matter how you look at it, Disney just put 20+ games on steam the other day.

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I would LOVE to see an FFXIII mod that adds a lot of cut content. Isn't a lot of that stuff still on the disc? I hope mods are reasonably possible in this PC version. If they are, I'll totally get it once I have a better computer.

11. libregkd -

12. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

As the console warrior here and hater of Steam.... FFXIII won't be inferior at all on PC. Playing it on Xbox if you have the choice for PC is dumb. Really, really, dumb. Have fun with Pulse slowdowns.

The only time a console port is superior is when the game is designed around the controller and putting everyone on the same ground. Multiplayer can arguably be a better experience on console (don't shoot me here, I more mean that because everyone has the same tech, they're on the same level, however TV size can ruin this to a lesser extent).

Most of the time there's no difference. The best TPS ever runs at 30fps and it's stuck on console. It's fine. In the case of an RPG with known slowdown? Console may not be the best option. Ask Last Remnant how it's console release went and how it actually works and became a damn good RPG on PC.

EDIT: Any one who wants PC gaming only is also an idiot. Consumer options, where we are not with both physical and digital, is great. In addition, Steam-only is a problem because no quality control, let alone first party quality control.

13. Jube Formerly Chuck's

60 GB is big?
    What is this 1998?

14. jafar custom title

my dick is 60 GB and nobody's complained yet

15. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Cause it's embarrassing telling someone that using floppy disks to store 60GB is not only impractical, but darn right silly. Not to mention incredibly slow too.

17. Hayabusa Venomous

So that means with compressed textures and increased load times?

PC gaming, as of right now, means that I can install the same game that I own on Steam or Origin, on multiple different PC's in different rooms while keeping all of my save data and achievements, and have no issue. PS3 put a limit on installing on multiple systems and even decreased that recently. Thus, if I buy a copy of Final Fantasy XIII on Steam (lol) I could play it on the desktop out in the family room, stop, and resume the game easily on my laptop in my bedroom.

Also, since it's on the PC, it'll get heavily discounted heavily and constantly, since that's just how Steam games are.

Along with that, for the people interested in this thing, you have to buy extra hardware just to stream off of your PS3. Meanwhile, I easily streamed Outlast on my laptop without paying anything extra because of free, effective programs.

18. A Zebra Chaser

so apparently there are no display options, and the game crashes a lot

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Dear modders...

20. Graxe King's Apprentice

From my experience, the real major issue is that it's locked at 720p. AA and especially AF can be forced through the graphics driver. Framerate seems to be 60 on average if I set the power options to high performance, but occasionally drops to 30 for a second or two if there's too much going on (magic effects and stuff). This might vary from user to user.