Some Piano Improv.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Soushirei, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I think I posted this on the kh-vids a long time ago, but I wanted to bring it back, just in case I planned to do some more in the future.

The two I linked were little recordings I did on a small 4-5 octave keyboard. I didn't have access to a pedal so I had to rely on the reverb effect for some delays. But for the most part, I had to continue playing to lessen some of the static-ness from the said lack of pedal. As well, both these recordings were made on December 8, 2005.

Improv #1 - Spring Rain
    Key: C+
    Type: Free-form
    Length: 00:52
    Note: I made a boo-boo at one part, and I'm sure many of you will be able to spot where; it completely ruined the song. XD Don't know what I was thinking. Other than that, it's a short and simple piece, but I liked it this time around.

Improv #2 - Urban Flux
    Key: C- Natural
    Type: Free-form
    Length: 01:05
    Note: Almost like a mirror image of Spring Rain. It picks up a lot more, I added some ascending triad arpeggios for the fun of it, so overall I think I enjoyed this one more than Spring Rain.

2. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

You are very talented. I loved both pieces. Please do more as they were lovely.

3. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

AW LOL. "A boo-boo" I can't remember when I last heard that. =D

Listening to people play the piano has always stirred a sort of shame/nervousness in me, and at the same time awe and admiration D: It's an instrument I've always wanted to play but never could, so I'm always extremely amazed at those who can play it.

Your melodies are really soothening and peaceful, it's a lovely break from my usual HEAVY BANG BANG BASH electrotrash XD And like Gharanth said, you're VERY talented - great going again! Hope you upload more melodies in the near future! =D

4. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Thanks, Gharanth, StupidAquarius.

XD Boo-boo, surprising how I don't remember writing that specifically, but oh well! Thanks for the compliments. I actually like to improv an arrangement of Hikari from Kingdom Hearts on the piano on occasion, but what sucks is that I can only do the main chorus. I'm sort of at a loss when I try to do the verses--the meter for that is just weird to me. Maybe in the distant future I'll try to record a small sample of that and upload it here. My fic has me busy as of late, however.

And D: 'Electrotrash' can be fun. We all could use some of it in our lives. XD I do it too!

5. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

C'mon piano genius! I'm sure you can crack those verses and tweak something just as incredible as your previous melodies! : D Don't give up, eventually you'll get it!

I abuse my ears with that Electrotrash though D: At this point I'm still surprised I can hear XD

(On a small note, I have been promising myself to have a look at your story for AGES now - and now that you're mentioning it, Ima print the damn thing as a bedtime story :3)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.