Sora and Kairi: SWITCHED! A Kingdom Hearts Alternate Future

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destiny's Force, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh yeah...good point. I just thought that would be a funny thing at first but now...DF, whatever you do(cuz I have to see enough of that show as is) don't do something Dancing with the Stars-y in SWITCHED!:(

Wait, is there even going to be a dancing portion in the Pagaent? What are the portions even going to be? Like the regulars(swimsuit, talent, etc) or more?

2. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Pageants and Conspiracies

Okay. I'll admit it. Seeing this much speculation just motivates me to continue even more. :sly: Just everyone watch the spam...

:sly: Heh. Even if it's the pageant, I wouldn't be able to finish this within two or three more chapters. This might not be as long as Wedding, but I wouldn't end something so abruptly. That'd be doing a disservice to you, the readers.

Thanks, Princess. :glomp:

As long as you're still interested, I'll do my best! ;)

I'm just going to say this: :sly:

If only that were true...:sideways:

Please. You've read this far and think that I'm not going to try to elaborate on the swimsuit part? :sweat: We'll see...

Aaaaanyway...

(Note from author: After a long wait, it's finally here! The next chapter for Switched! I don't know what else to say, but...

...I hope it was worth the wait. :D)

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Destiny Islands Annual Miss Teen Destiny Pageant! Thanks for joining us for this historical event! I'm Hayner and this is my partner-in-crime, Tidus!"

"Thank you, Hayner. It's a beautiful day! The sun's shining! Numerous businesses are making a killing (literally, I mean where's all the cops?) and it's a great day for shaking your money maker in front of hundreds of people!"

"That's right, Tidus! Girls from all around Destiny Islands are here for one purpose, to claim the half million munny scholarship and obtain bragging rights of being more hotter, sexier and more eye-catching than everyone else! And let me tell you, the seats are just packed! You'd think this was the World Struggle Championship..."

"Or the Blitzball Finals."

"It also makes you wonder if the males in the audience are here for the fashion or "other assets," if you catch my drift. Wink, wink."

"Oh, they're here for the fashion alright! As the swimsuit competition is a favorite mainstay where guys have their very fantasies come true with girls parading down the catwalk wearing nothing but the sexiest of the sexiest! The skimpiest of the skimpiest! As close to the birthday suit as possible, but not being completely naked due to our younger viewers and over-protective parents!"

"Quite right! And since this is Sora's first and only time of wearing a bikini in front of envious girls and drooling boys, one must ask themselves, what exactly is going on through his head right nyYEEEOOW!!?"

Kairi had grabbed an ear from both boys and yanked. "That's enough, you two," she said sternly. "It's already bad enough that this is my first beauty competition and I won't be participating in it..." After an embarrassing night with Roxas, Kairi hadn't woken up as her usual cheerful self. She and Roxas hadn't told anyone what had happened. Fortunately, the others believed her grumpiness was due to nerves and didn't question any further. "I seriously hope that he's been prepped enough." The group had decided to meet up in the auditorium's lobby outside the room where the contest was. Just like a KH convention for Organization XIII cosplayers, hoards of people hustled and bustled around while pickpockets were practically having the time of their lives. Luckily, the group had managed to find a good spot near the entrance to converse away from all the pedestrian traffic.

Olette patted her shoulder reassuringly. "We did what we could. No regrets."

Tidus glanced around at the continuously moving crowd of people while rubbing his aching ear. "Where'd Donald and Goofy go? I thought they were right behind us."

"They said they had to use the bathroom..." Pence answered. At this, Riku rolled his eyes and let out a weary sigh. He summoned his Way to the Dawn and shouldered it.

"Hang on, I'll be right back." Riku headed off for the bathrooms.

"What about Sora and Selphie?" Tidus asked. "I thought they were supposed to meet us here."

Olette looked at him curiously, her arms folded across her chest. "Don't you remember? They arrived earlier for prepping."

"Hard to believe how busy this place is," Hayner said, looking around at the constantly shifting masses. "If we're not careful we could easily get separated from each other."

Suddenly Kairi smacked her forehead. "I can't believe we forgot!"

"Forgot what?" Roxas asked silently.

"We trained Sora for fashion and poise," Kairi groaned, "but we completely forgot to prep him for the talent and question portions!"

Tidus and Wakka felt deep sympathy for Kairi, but the Twilight gang had no idea. "What's wrong with that?" Olette asked. "He should be able to come up with a talent."

"Back in elementary, Sora used to be well known for his belching ability," Wakka explained. "He got in trouble with the teachers for disrupting class all the time." Tidus and Wakka exchanged grins. "It was hilarious, though! I almost squirted milk out my nose once."

"This was during the early years when I was just getting to know him," Kairi said. "I remember it used to disgust me, but..."

"It doesn't now?" Pence guessed.

Kairi shook her head. "No, it's still disgusting, but Sora grew out of it."

"I don't think you have to worry too much about it," Olette said. "I mean, Selphie's back there with him, right? She'll take care of it."

"I guess..." Kairi didn't look too convinced. But before she could say anything else, Tidus gasped and pointed past her.

"Hey, look! It's Michael!" The group immediately shushed him.

"Not so loud, man," Wakka said. "You don't want to draw attention to us."

"But he's talking to Natalia!" That got the group's attention. Indeed, Natalia seemed to be talking seductively to Michael about something. Tidus started walking toward them. "Come on! I wanna know what those two are saying!"

Kairi immediately grabbed his wrist. "Haven't you grown out of the spying habit yet? It's none of our business!" But Tidus only shook off her hold and along with the other boys, they snuck closer. Olette gave Kairi a pitying look while they rolled their eyes. "Typical boys." Reluctantly, Kairi and Olette followed the others behind a giant cardboard display featuring a promotion for the new "Cactuar and Tonberry" movie.

"...wrong to do it," Michael was saying. "You already know that we're not supposed to be talking to each other."

Natalia drew a finger up his chest before throwing her arms around his neck. "Come on, Michael! For me?" Natalia fluttered her eyelashes at him. "Think about the history he have..."

But Michael firmly grabbed Natalia's wrists and unwrapped them from around his neck. "Natalia, you already know I'm in love with Rach. Besides..." He pursed his lips. "I thought you moved on already. Trying to steal another poor guy that's already taken isn't exactly a flattering trait. It almost looks desperate."

"But Michael..." she started to pout.

Michael clasped his hands over hers and sighed. "I'm sorry, but I have to be fair and impartial. No special treat..."

His sentence was cut off by a shrill voice booming "I knew you couldn't be trusted!" Kairi and the others jumped at the scream of rage. Michael's head whipped around to see Rachel storming up to him. Then he realized he was still holding onto Natalia's hands and immediately let them drop.

Olette was slightly confused. "Rachel?" Then she gasped. "Oh, I get it! Michael must be that idiot of a boyfriend she was talking about."

"Idiot of a boyfriend?" Tidus repeated. "Then that means that girl must be the psycho chick that Michael was referring to."

"I can't believe you'd pull this crap again!" Rachel yelled, her fists shaking. "I leave you alone for five minutes and you're already getting intimate with another girl! And I was finally starting to trust you!" She turned to leave.

"Wait, Rach! You've got it all wrong!" Michael took a step forward and reached for Rachel's shoulder, but he accidentally lost his balance and tripped. His hand instinctively reached outward for the nearest thing to catch him. Unfortunately, his hand grabbed the waistband of Rachel's denim shorts and...

Tidus and Hayner's eyes lit up. "Pink panties?" The others just shook their heads in utter embarrassment.

"You..." Rachel's eyes flared with rage. She yanked her shorts back up and cocked back her fist. Tidus, Wakka and Hayner knew exactly what was coming. "YOU PERVERT!!!"

WHAM! Rachel's fist slammed into Michael's face, sending him rocketing over the crowd's heads and into the far wall with a deafening crash. Then Rachel whirled around on Natalia. "I'm warning you, Natalia!" Rachel wagged her finger threateningly. "If you try anything..." She let the threat hang in the air as she turned on her heel and marched away.

"Damn!" Tidus rubbed his eyes. "That girl's got serious issues!"

"Yeah, no kidding!" Hayner agreed. "I was wondering how Michael ended up landing clear across town."

Olette crossed her arms and nodded her head solemnly. "He pulled her shorts down in front of everyone. Her reaction's pretty understandable."

"It was an accident, though!" Pence argued. "He genuinely tripped and his hand just happened to grab it."

"Did anyone notice that Rachel seemed to know Natalia?" Wakka asked. "It was as if they were related or something."

Tidus shrugged. "Poor guy. Taking that type of punishment from your girlfriend must be ripping his ego to..."

"Uh, guys?" Kairi cleared her throat. "Shouldn't we go inside?" The others stopped gossiping as they realized the crowd around them had mysteriously thinned. "The pageant's about to start and all the good seats will be taken if we don't claim any right now!"

"She's right," Olette said. Then her head turned this way and that. "Um...where's Riku?"

Goofy knocked on the bathroom stall. "Guh, Donald? Are ya almost done?" When there wasn't any answer, Goofy rubbed his nose. "Yer stuck again, aintcha?"

All Donald said was "...Stupid toilet."

"Not to worry! I'm shore that Riku will help again!" Goofy grinned. "Yup! I know he will!"

Riku had almost reached the bathrooms when a loud, authoritative voice boomed out, "Hey, you!" He whirled around to see two armed security guards running up to him. "There's no weapons allowed on the premises!"

"What?" It was obvious these two weren't from around the Islands or they would've recognized Riku immediately. "But officers, I was just..." But they wouldn't hear it. Riku found himself being grabbed roughly by the forearms and dragged toward the entrance doors.

"No excuses, kid! No weapons means no weapons!" They yanked Riku's Keyblade out of his hand.

"Wait! My friends are in there and..." A few seconds later, the silver haired teen found himself being tossed unceremoniously out of the building. He landed face first on the pavement, his Keyblade clattering beside him. "Ow."

"We better not catch you in here again or next time we're arresting you!" And with that, the security people turned back inside.

Riku picked himself up and massaged his forearms where they had manhandled him. "Stupid rent-a-cops." Cursing himself for being so careless, he put away his Keyblade and combed his hair back into its grungy state. "Now what do I do?"

"This is it Sora," Selphie said. "The big day." She and Sora had arrived earlier for preparations. Each contestant was generously given their own private dressing rooms from the McDuck Foundation, complete with walk-in closet, make-up counter, folding screen, couch, TV and mini-fridge. It was like a small hotel room only without the bed and room service. As Selphie began to unpack the outfits from the shopping bag she had brought with her, she asked, "How're you feeling?"

Sora gave her a weak smile. "I don't suppose there's any way you could go out there instead?" he asked rhetorically. Selphie only shook her head and pushed the casual outfit he was supposed to wear toward him and began hanging the rest inside the closet.

"Would you rather let Kairi down? She's depending on you for this." Sora got behind the folding screen, set the outfit to the side and began peeling off Kairi's clothes.

"I still can't believe this is it," Sora said as he shimmied out of Kairi's skirt. "The last day we're in each other's bodies. I kinda almost..." His sentence drifted off.

"Almost what?" Selphie coaxed as she hung up the evening dress.

"I kinda almost wish that I had more time," Sora finished. "I mean, I was starting to get used to all the perks of being a girl." He unzipped Kairi's top. "Everyone always smiling at you no matter how you feel. Just a wink in a guy's direction and they're practically drooling. And there's also the fact that thrusting these..." Sora indicated Kairi's chest. "...will draw every guy's eyes straight toward you."

"But you're forgetting the downsides too," Selphie reminded him. "You have to memorize how to apply makeup, how to walk properly..."

"...the fact that you can't stand up to use the bathroom..." Naminé added.

A cool female voice crackled from the speakers. "All contestants please report to the stage in five minutes. Again, all contestants please report to the stage in five minutes. Thank you."

"Are you almost done?" Selphie asked. Sora was busy struggling to pull up the pants Selphie had given him.

"These stupid shorts are too tight!" he complained.

Selphie sighed. "Unless you've been snacking, you should be able to squeeze in those!"

"No way! I've been sticking to Kairi's diet to the letter!" he grumbled. Selphie finally walked behind the screen and saw Sora was indeed having trouble with the piece of clothing. She jumped in and began pulling it upward.

"I don't...erk...understand! This should...mrph...fit!" Selphie gave a mighty jerk forcing both of them off balance. They crashed into the folding screen causing it to topple over with a clang. When Sora opened his eyes, he found himself being straddled by Selphie who was completely confused and unaware of the position he was in. "Oh, wait..." She flipped Sora over and pulled his waistband.

"What are you doing to my butt?!" Sora exclaimed. Selphie was silent for a moment before letting the band snap into Sora's behind. "KYAAHH! Don't do that!"

"Sorry, I must've given you my shorts by mistake." Selphie pulled off the half-drawn shorts around Sora's legs and tossed it back in the bag. Standing up, she rummaged through the bag again before tossing him a more comfortable looking pair. Sora rolled his eyes as Selphie could only grin sheepishly. "My bad."

A couple minutes later, Kairi's body stepped out of the dressing room revealing her new attire: white cotton tank-top, ocean-blue half-jacket, navy-blue denim shorts and a pair of white open-toed, high-heeled sandals. Before Sora could marvel at Kairi and her new outfit, Selphie gave him a rough shove from behind. "Get going already! You're going to be late!" Sora's face was etched with worry, but Selphie only said, "I'll watch from here and guard the outfits. Sabotage is more commonplace than you might think!" Sora could only nod before scampering off toward the stage.

"Sora," Naminé began, "why is it that no matter what we do, you always end up getting screwed?"

"I blame destiny's force," Sora replied darkly. He eventually made it to the stage area where the rest of the contestants were being given quick last-minute instructions. One of the stage hands ushered Sora to the spot where he was going to stand and rapidly gave him a quick rundown of where to walk, what to do and how to do it. Although Sora was able to catch one or two instructions, Naminé had managed to hear and understand every word. While the director and stage hands went to each girl individually, Sora saw Natalia walk up to him. He quickly took in her outfit: red blouse, white nylon shorts and sky-blue high-heeled sandals. '...in America,' he thought.

"Well, well, well." Natalia smirked at Sora. "I didn't think you'd actually have the guts to show up."

"Your advantage is gone, Nat," Sora said calmly. "You no longer have the pictures to blackmail me...I mean, Sora anymore."

Natalia let out an arrogant chuckle. "What are you talking about?" She pulled out her cell phone. "The pictures are right..." It was a satisfying sight to see the girl's sadistic grin wipe off her face. "What?! Where are my..." She glared at Sora. "What'd you do with my phone?!"

"I didn't do anything," Sora said truthfully. "Honest and true."

Natalia looked away as if she realized what had happened. "Them..." she growled.

"Cell phones away, please!" the director snapped a few feet away. Natalia flushed as she put away her phone. Then she gave Sora the up-and-down.

"Well, I'll admit your outfit's not too shabby. You actually almost look like a threat."

"Places, girls!" the director yelled out. "Everyone take your places!"

"We'll finish this later," Natalia growled. She began to walk back to her position.

"Hey, Natalia!" Sora called. Natalia looked over her shoulder and was surprised to see Kairi's face with a confident grin. "I'll meet you in the finals," Sora said boldly giving her a wink. "Count on it."

3. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Not a bad update, DF. Not bad at all.

Good job with the drama back-stage, as well as before the pageant. And great description, I could actually visualize everything. Until you mentioned it, I completely forgot about the questions. Hopefully Sora can handle it.

That one line everyone's talking about is quite clever. Made me think of two different ways it could work...blaming you...or blaming destiny itself. That's probably what everyone was thinking and I'm probably making myself sound stupid...so I'm just gonna shut up now. :sweat:

Just remember that if you need any help with the pageant stuff, let me know. ;)

-Kairi

4. Destined Working for WDW

Timing couldn't be better man, and the narration is crackling with a nice blend of wit and realism. Well done my friend, well done.

5. P Banned

Good, good.

One qualm. With other fan-fics, don't cameo until their fanfic is up to that point. I should be thinking "Ah, I know what their on about!" instead I am thinking, "WTF? How does this fit in with Triple M?!"

6. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

I agree completely..., does Sora have Kairi's hormones as well, or something? It reminds me of the Sora, Riku and the yaoi crud. It was funny, but when you think about it...

I hate those cops...., I'd really like Riku to go back inside and beat the crap outta them.

7. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Actually, that was kinda my intention. This is an alternate reality after all, so it may or may not be talking about the future of Triple M. That way you'll probably be going later, "Oh! So that's how it all fits in!" ;)

It was a dream sequence that you were reading. She didn't actually acquire it persay, Naminé just dreamt it up.

In case you're wondering, I got the idea from here: KH2 - Beach Paradise I think it's pretty cute. :sweat:

I really should've made it clearer. Sora's talking about the power a cute girl has to make guys drooling, stuttering morons. (No offense.) It has nothing to do with yaoi feelings or whatever. :dead:

8. zexykupo Gummi Ship Junkie

Somewhere dark... Where I can be alone...

I agree with the Riku thing. He should know better! Or maybe he got drunk he last night and has a hangover and forgets things.
    I should just stay quiet...
    Anyways, I think that it's still a great story!

9. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Not an update, but...

To answer your question of what the portions of the competition are:

To be honest, those were the only parts that came to mind at the time. Too late to change it now. :p

10. P Banned

Hmm.

I am taking votes! What view will Sora see the bathing part from? Kairi's body, or his own? I can see benifits for both.

Kairi's: He gets to have the hassle of putting it on, and parading around.

His own: He gets to see it and go WOW!

Switching after he gets it on: Best of both, but switch is used up.

Curious, examining the options. So many things possible.

First up, I think the parading of the actual dress will be Sora, as I think it will be first.

Next I think the talent will come, still with Sora. He will do something Soraish.

For penultimate, we will have either swimsuit or personality. I suspect it will be personality. Sora will again answer it.

Finally, we will have swimsuit, and just as Sora gets changed, they switch.

This maximises oppertunity. You want Sora answering personality, and I think the dress would be a good warmup.

I am predicting, not suggesting. What does everyone think?

11. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Oh man, I shouldn't be posting this theory...DF's got enough on his plate as it is, I'm sure...

The way I see it, Sora, in Kairi's body, will be facing Natalia during the paegent, trying to deal with her cheating, and in some miracle, win. Natalia will then use her 'blackmail' immediately, or some sort of backup to make herself win the the title through some loophole, and then try and claim her prize of Sora going out with her, all the while in the paegent. I'm certain Sora will be wearing a dress, while wearing the sash, crown and holding flowers...that's when the switch will kick in, only it'll be more of...I don't know the word, but through some 'magical mishap', where Kairi's body was standing, Sora's body will be placed instead...right down to him wearing the dress, sash, crown, holding the flowers, etc.

There would be more than a few surprised faces.

12. P Banned

No clue.

I have more. "You deserve to have water injected into your earlobe until something unusual happens." "May a healthy bubble gum-toenail mixture get stuck in your hair (All locations of your body)!" "I wish to adorn the inside of your skull with engravings of pokemon!" Yes. That is what I spend my spare time thinking up.

On-topic:

The doll one was rather good. The hypnotizing one was more of a shipper-fic.

Triple M is a megaman story. DF likes Megaman. I read it for a bit, but he has stopped updating it due to wedding and Switched.

Not much else to say, except that I do not think Namine/Sora/Kairi's body should get a drive form.

I wonder, will Kairi/Sora's body ever get hit below the belt? It would hurt.

What about Sora/Kairi's body getting attention from others?

13. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Okay, this is not an update, but...

Um...what I actually said was:

Progress is actually going a bit slower than I thought it would be. Sure, I make it seem easy, but I never actually planned this far ahead besides the ending. And after using up my power and creativity in "Wedding," I've needed a (what I think is a well-deserved) break. :dead:

As for that "upcoming project" you're referring to, I was talking about my third (and less popular) fanfic I've had on hold since I started "Wedding" and "Switched." It's called "Triple M: Legend of the Chosen One." I finished transferring it from the forum that I came from. However, it's a Mega Man fanfic, not a KH one. I recommend reading it as that was my VERY FIRST story that I've ever written. It might also give you a little insight about these custom characters I've been using recently and how they really relate to each other. ;)

And if not, I'll try to explain a bit more in the actual update. :D

14. LilRice King's Apprentice

Hanging out at the Keyblade Graveyard O.o
    lol yea mickeys all over the place >.< i think hes like the character that tells everybody about the keyblade, like that part in Kh when Sora was getting the keyblade and he was hearing voices that was probaly Mickey and so he told Sora wat to do and all that other junk.

(off topic lolz)

15. UltimaSora2013 Merlin's Housekeeper

i was lookin around for somthin like this on my psp and then i found this
    i started reading from the browser on my psp and i loved it
    i then got on my computer and finished reading what you have made so far
    i have to say its great and i hope that sora gets to see kairi naked for at least a little bit XD

16. UltimaSora2013 Merlin's Housekeeper

well... i think he should ask namine for like 3 minutes to just kind of "examine" the female body... and kairi didn't have to see sora's body parts .... Roxas could have done all that for her... plus roxas saw kairi naked and clearly if roxas is conscious while sora is dreaming he can modify sora's dream and make it so sora can see kairi naked...
    just like roxas modified kairi's dream XD i win

so it's not perverted that kairi looked at sora's parts? and even touched them?

17. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    Pika that just confused me!

18. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

What else could go wrong?

He was half-asleep and delirious. Could happen to any guy that changed into a girl. :p

He saw it. Go back a couple of chapters to the night before the pageant...

(Note from author: Yes! It's finally here! The next chapter of Switched! Granted, it's not exactly as long as I was expecting, but after all of the constant prodding and poking, I figured a quick fix is what you guys need. More speculation will occur.

And Kayleah, thanks for tidying up in here. :glomp: )

The teenager called Michael lay on the ground unmoving. After all, he had just been knocked clear across the room by his fiery-tempered girlfriend. A few onlookers watched with concern at his motionless body.

"You think he's okay? That was one wicked punch!"

"He's still breathing, so he can't be dead."

"Eww, what's that smell?"

After a few awkward moments, in one swift motion, Michael's body suddenly bounded up to a standing position, forcing bystanders to jump back in shock.

"Urg..." He spat out the taste of plaster and paint residue from his mouth. "Never gonna get used to that." Cricking his neck a couple of times and brushing himself off, he walked calmly toward the auditorium's doors and down the long aisle to the judge's seats that were set right in front of the stage.

The auditorium itself looked like a typical opera theater. There were three levels of seats and skyboxes were scattered among the walls. The maximum occupancy was in the 1500 range and yet the seats were surprisingly jam-packed with people. Cameramen were stationed at strategic points throughout the area. If one were to come in with no idea of the occasion, they would probably assume it was an award show for movie stars or musicians.

A young-looking brunette with librarian-style glasses stared at Michael as he came striding up, landing squarely in an empty chair with his name on it. The carefree boy leaned back in his seat and gave the girl an innocent grin, resulting in her shaking her head.

"Why do you always manage to tick Rachel off?" Rebecca asked. "Is it like a hobby of yours?" Michael only shrugged.

"You know perfectly well that wasn't my fault." On the other side of Rebecca sat a clean-cut, muscle-bound teenager with a cowboy hat and mirrored shades who was leaning back lazily in his seat, his leather boots propped up on the table. He flashed a teasing smirk at Michael.

"Setting yourself up for situations like that..." He tipped his hat forward in a mock salute. "Haven't you learned by now that no matter how smart you are, you'll always be naive when it comes to girls?"

Rebecca rolled her eyes. "Look who's talking, Mr. "Lust 'em then Leave 'em!" When's the last time you contacted your girlfriend?"

"I'll get around to it!" Duke retorted. Then with an afterthought, he added, "Eventually." Glancing up at the closed red velvet curtains draped across the stage, Duke frowned slightly. "When is this pageant supposed to start anyway? The whole reason I came along was to see what Destiny Islands has to offer and so far I haven't seen a shadow of a bikini yet..."

Before he continued to rant, a soft, but firm hand gripped his shoulder. "Down, boy." Rachel had quietly appeared without anyone noticing, proceeding to sit on the other side of Duke. "You can play out those little perverted fantasies later. Right now we've got bigger things to worry about." She gave Michael a look that said 'Glad to see you're okay.'

Michael grinned slightly but quickly became serious. "If Beca's data's correct, that is."

Rebecca nodded. "I still can't believe a threat like this would appear all the way on this side of the universe, but we can't take any chances." Before she could say any more, one of the stage hands ran up to the foursome and warned them that the pageant was about to begin. As soon as he left, Rebecca finished the conversation with, "Just keep your eyes peeled."

Seconds later, the pageant announcer bounded up to the stage with mike in hand, the spotlight following her every movement. "Welcome to this year's annual Miss Teen Destiny Pageant!" her voice boomed out. Expectedly, the audience roared with excitement.

A few rows away from the judge's bench, the Destiny and Twilight kids were busy in their own argument.

"How can you guys not see the beauty of Struggle battles?" Hayner groaned. "One on one with nothing but a sword in your hand? The squared circle of jousting? The feeling you get when you know that only one of you will leave the arena alive?"

Tidus let out a short laugh. "A sword? You mean that plastic stick covered in foam? Get real! Blitzball has all the action! The injury rate is one of the highest in all of the sports world! Pulled muscles, blows to the head, kicks to the back..." His eyes were practically shining. "The list is practically endless!"

Hayner only grunted in response before whirling around and tapping Pence on the arm with his fist. "Come on, back me up!"

Pence gave him a wry smile. "Well, injuries can happen in Struggle battles too. Teeth get knocked out..." He started counting on his fingers. "...concussions happen often, and don't get me started about the illegal crowbars and cement bats..."

Olette rolled her eyes and gave Kairi a pleading look. "You see what I have to deal with? Hanging around with these boys can give a girl a headache." She began massaging her temples. "Honestly, it's hard finding someone who I can actually relate to."

Kairi patted her on the lap with an understanding gleam in her eye. "Well, after all this is over, how about you, me and Selphie go out shopping? Just us girls?"

Olette giggled. "Deal. But only after you switch back. It's pretty awkward to have a guy watching you undress, even if you're a girl in a guy's body."

"You guys!" The others stopped talking as Wakka shushed them. "It's starting!" The teenagers sat back into their seats as the velvet red curtains opened, revealing a gaggle of teenage girls, casually dressed, but radiating with cuteness. It didn't come to any surprise that the boys' jaws dropped (Tidus and Hayner were practically drooling), resulting in a huge collective sigh from all the teenage female audience members.

As the girls on stage began prancing around to the obligatory cheesy intro music, Kairi's eyes narrowed as she scanned the crowd for Sora. "Come on, where is he?" she whispered. After a few seconds, she felt Olette nudge her in the ribs. Following the brunette's gaze, Kairi was finally able to lock onto her own body. As the ensemble that Sora wore etched itself into her mind, the Princess of Heart was utterly speechless.

"Wow. You look absolutely stunning up there, Kairi," Wakka said in awe. Kairi couldn't help blushing.

"I've gotta admit, Sora did pretty well in choosing the outfits." That's when she became aware of Roxas' unusual silence. "Um...Roxas? You've been pretty quiet for awhile. What's up?"

"Seeing Naminé wearing that outfit..." His voice was cracking again. "If she looks good in that, when the swimsuit portion comes up..."

"Stop. Don't even finish that thought, Roxas." Kairi pursed her lips in disapproval. "You guys are all alike, you know that? All a girl has to do is flash some cleavage and you'll drool over them like some mindless sex object."

"And guys wonder why we rule the world," Olette chuckled.

After the dancing was over, the announcer slid up smoothly to the front of the stage and shouted, "And now for our judges!" The audience's attention immediately swerved in the direction of the cameras and spotlights as the judge's panel was lit up. Up first was an innocent-looking teenage boy with jet-black hair and a metallic-blue bomber jacket.

"Residing from Ultima City, is their city's champion warrior, the "Blue Blazer" of Ultima: Michael!" Michael stood up from his seat, gave a "one fingered Leon-style" salute and then immediately sat back down.

"Is that guy immortal or something?" Hayner wondered. "I mean, he WAS blasted across the room earlier, right?"

"No kidding," Tidus said as he let out a slow whistle. "I don't think even Sora could've withstood that."

Next, the spotlight shifted over to the intelligent-looking brunette with glasses. "Sitting right next to him is his sister, biotechnorganic prodigy and magister magi, Rebecca!" As the girl stood up and waved shyly, Wakka, Tidus and Hayner leaned forward in their seats.

"Hey!" Wakka gasped. "It's that librarian chick that gave us the flash card yesterday!"

"Are you serious?" Olette stared at him in shock. "Rebecca was the one who gave you the flash card?"

"But that means she knows who Natalia is!" Kairi realized.

"And if she knows Natalia..." Tidus stopped and ran his fingers through his hair. "Um...what DOES that mean exactly?"

Kairi shook her head. "To be honest, it might mean that the judges are biased."

The others began to look worried except Olette who asked, "In whose favor, though?"

"Then residing from Electro City, we have the Vice President of Masters Inc., Duke!"

Pence glanced over at Kairi. "Huh. It's that weird guy from the café." Kairi didn't say anything as she attempted to make the connections.

"And finally we have reigning warrior princess of Eden's Kingdom, Rachel!"

"Eden's Kingdom?" Pence repeated. "Where've I heard that before?"

Kairi ruffled her bushy hair. "That's the place where Natalia was from, wasn't it?" That's when everything clicked into place. "I get it now!"

The others looked at her curiously. "You get what exactly?" Tidus asked.

"How they're all related!" Kairi exclaimed. "Michael and Rebecca are siblings; Duke's a friend of Michael; who is dating Rachel; who happens to be related to Natalia; which is the relative that Duke was referencing! It all makes sense!"

"Hold up." Hayner furrowed an eyebrow. "Are you saying that all four of them not only know each other, but they all know Natalia as well?"

"It could just be a coincidence," Tidus guessed, but Kairi shook her head.

"Coincidence, my shapely butt! If it were only one or two connections, I'd agree with you. But too many coincidences means there's a pattern!"

"You don't think Natalia's dating Duke, do you?" Olette asked her. The Princess only shrugged.

"At this point in the game, I don't think it really makes a difference."

The spotlight and cameras zeroed back in on the announcer. "And now let's introduce these wonderful girls, shall we? Contestant number 1!" As the girls began coming up to the front of the stage to introduce themselves, Kairi was lost in thought.

"So all four of them know each other and Natalia..." Kairi's eyes narrowed. "I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing or a bad thing."

"I can tell you one thing," Roxas said in a grim tone. "Things are about to get a bit more interesting..."

Meanwhile, as the contestants began introducing themselves one by one, Sora stood there on the spot, smiling shyly with uncertainty.

"Will you relax, Sora?" Naminé sighed. "You don't want to disappoint Kairi, do you?"

"I can't help it!" Sora cried. "This just feels so...unnatural! I'm a guy in a girl's body standing in skimpy clothes on stage in front of a live audience with all these lights shining on me! How am I supposed to feel?"

"Well, get over your stage fright and suck it up already," Naminé snapped. "I thought you guys were supposed to be able to put up brave fronts in front of girls."

Sora rolled his eyes. "That's just as stereotypical as saying that all girls want to do is gossip, shop and put on makeup all day."

"Just smile, alright? You're making Kairi look vulnerable in front of Natalia." Sora glanced over at Natalia and saw that she was indeed watching him out of the corner of her eye. He felt the smile begin to waver off his face.

"I don't know if I can do this..." Sora moaned.

"It's too late to back out now!" Naminé felt Sora's self-doubt begin to worm its way into her mind, but she shook it off. "Don't make me 'Mind Tickle' you!"

Sora couldn't help but smirk at her empty threat. "Give me a break, Naminé. You and Kairi are WAY more ticklish than me and Roxas combined."

Naminé felt like retorting, but his words rang true to the heart. She decided to change tactics. "How about smile as if..." Naminé had to choose her words carefully. She feared anything overly complicated would just confuse Sora even more. "Smile as if Kairi just kissed you," she suggested. Sora's face glowed slightly as he ran the scene through his mind. However, Kairi's smile began to waver off his face. Naminé sighed. "Okay, bad motivation. How about..." She frantically searched her memories and Sora's for a better image. Finally, she said, "Smile as if Kairi just bought you a Sea-Salt triple chocolate sundae." Naminé could feel Sora's mouth salivating as he licked Kairi's lips and grinned from ear to ear. "That's more like it!"

"Contestant number 13!"

"Okay, that's us," Naminé said. "Now just like we were briefed. Swagger up to the front of the stage, keeping that smile wide. Just look out toward the crowd. Remember the way a girl walks. Strut up there calm and confident..." Thanks to Naminé's coaching, Sora was able to walk up to the front of the stage without any external trouble.

As he stopped in front of the judge's view, Sora did a little twirl, stuck his hip out and placed his hand on his waist. Then with a cute and seductive air in Kairi's voice, Sora said, "Hello! My name is Kairi from Destiny Islands..."

Kairi sat in her seat completely dumbstruck. "What's up with that goofy grin?"

"What are you talking about, Kairi?" Olette asked.

"Sora's standing up there smiling like I'm some cheap bimbo." Tidus snorted at the comment.

"Uh, if Sora were a cheap bimbo, he'd have dressed a lot more skimpier than that," Tidus said. The girls glared at him. The boy flinched and quickly said, "Shutting up now." Kairi shared a smirk with Olette, but suddenly became aware of...

She glanced around and asked, "Has anyone seen Riku?"

Riku peeked around the corner of a building he was sneaking behind and groaned. The two security guards were still watching the entrance. He clenched his fist in frustration. The Dawn Wielder knew quite well that he could've taken out these guys with no problem. But these weren't creatures that he could just take down without consequence. These were normal, everyday people that were only doing their job. Being ruthless was one thing. Going overkill was another.

Unlike Sora and Kairi, he didn't have a second mind to bounce ideas off of. But he was Riku...he didn't need a second mind to come up with a good plan. In fact, the idea came to him almost instantly as he unconsciously flipped some of his hair out of his eyes. Unfortunately, this would mean that he'd have to sacrifice something more valuable than his heart.

He's have to sacrifice...

...his dignity.

"I'm telling you Sega's getting desperate! I mean, they're giving that hedgehog a big freakin' sword! They're ripping off Nintendo's ideas yet again!"

"Whatever, dude! The Dreamcast would've dominated the market if they hadn't made the mistake of-"

"Excuse me?" a shrill voice murmured timidly. The security guards glanced up from their conversation to see a tall, silver ponytailed girl running up to them. She was wearing a long, flowing purple dress and most of her bangs overshadowed her eyes. "Is this where the Miss Teen Destiny Pageant is taking place?"

The guards glanced at each other before one of them said, "Uh...yeah, but the contest should be starting any moment now."

The girl let out a small shriek of shock. "It's already started?! B-but I'm one of the contestants!" She began to sob slightly. "This was going to be my very first pageant and everything!" The guards looked at her with pitying looks in their faces.

"Now, now. Don't cry!" the second guard assured her. "Tell you what, I'll personally see to it that you get to the stage on time. However, we'll just need to see some identification."

The girl was startled at the request, but she quickly recovered. "B-but, I left my purse and stuff with my friends!" The guards were starting to fidget a bit. It was clear they hadn't encountered this type of situation before.

Finally, the second guard said, "Don't worry little missy. We'll let you through. But you better make sure you show up on time next time." He glanced over to his partner. "You've got things taken care of, right?"

"Yeah," the first guard replied with a shrug, "other than that punk kid with the sword earlier, there hasn't been any other trouble. If I need anything I'll call you."

"Understood." The girl reddened as her escort hooked his arm around hers. "Shall we?"

The girl gave him a small nod. "T-thank you," she stuttered meekly.

As the security guard began leading the "girl" towards the back, Riku only had one running thought in his mind: "First toilet duty and now dressing up like a girl. I swear, this is a new low, even for me..."

19. Juicy Chaser

That... that was unbelievably good. Its good to see you haven't forgotten about SWITCHED lol.

Poor Riku.. he's so unlucky. I kind of got confused with all the original characters but I managed to figure them out by the end.

Considering not much happened in the chapter, it was beautifully written and as readable as something full of action and suspense.

D'aw i wish my fic was as good as this.

Oh, and I love the way you gave the boys extreme reactions when they saw the contestants. I Lol'd

20. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

'Cheap bimbo'...oh man, you have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that. As soon as I'm able, rep for that!

Impressive as always, DF. I'm eager to find out Michael and co.'s role in this story. Take your time on the next update: We want it just as good as this one, and we're more than willing to wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.