Sora and Kairi: SWITCHED! A Kingdom Hearts Alternate Future

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destiny's Force, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Wow...that was just perfect. But what happens if the security guards come back again to check on Riku after he's made it in?

2. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Hahaa! That is so accurate!
    *holds breath for twenty seconds, then lets the breath out and re-reads. Holds breath for another twenty seconds, then clutches ribs, laughing her head off*
    No way! You made Riku dress like a girl!!!
    *goes away to catch breath*

3. Destined Working for WDW

Thanks for the PM that you've updated this.

You've set up the ground work for a very interesting conclusion, or at least an interesting finish to the contest with the revelation that all of the judges know Natalia and that may or may not hold sway over what transpires for Sora.

The Riku fiasco on the otherhand was interesting in the sense that you are breaking down the barriers that his characteristical traits would not seem like they would work well, but you are executing it well with the blend of humor and constant problems he has to overcome outside of his element.

You know my stance about rushing work to please the peeps, unfold the stories when you are ready, not before.

Well done, and can't wait for the rest.

4. Way2Dawn Traverse Town Homebody

Haha! Riku dressed up like a girl! :D That made me crack up. Why did he choose the girliest thing he could find? Kinda like Kairi's keyblade. Riku is getting girlier and girlier. :p

5. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

An Intermission...

"And so I said, 'Attention duelists!' Man, you should've been there..."

With a serene grin, the guard looked over at the silver-banged girl that he was leading. She hadn't said much other than "Mm-hm" and "Nuh-uh." It was quite clear that she wasn't really paying attention to his bravado, but he was so absorbed in spurting out his ego that the man didn't notice. Their footsteps echoed throughout the hallways as the pair walked along the eerily quiet corridor.

Riku's eyes constantly soaked in the environment expecting to see wooden doors plastered with huge, styrofoam stars and stage hands rushing around like Chocobos in heat. Instead, he was met with disappointment as bundles of pipes and heating tanks began to steadily increase in quantity as they walked further along. This began to nag at him, like an itch that couldn't be scratched.

"Wait a minute..." The feeling of suspicion became greater until he found himself face-to-face with a wall of pipes. "Wait. This doesn't look like the backstage area!" Realizing that he had been led straight into a dead end, Riku yanked his arm from the guard's grip. "Where are we?!"

The man chuckled lightly, but there was no humor in his voice. "Don't worry, little missy. You won't be harmed or anything. But the Mistress ordered us not to let anyone interfere."

"Wh...'Mistress?'" Riku's eyes narrowed, mentally slapping himself for falling into such an obvious trap. "You're working for Natalia, aren't you!"

"Forget about her! You're still going to be in the middle of the action!" As the guard began to inch himself closer, Riku felt himself being forced back against the wall. "Come on, don't be shy, pretty lady..."

"But this is...an abuse of power!" Riku cried in a shrill voice. Even in his state of panic, he forced himself to stay in character. His mind was reeling from this surprising turn of events. "Then what was all that about helping me before? Was that all just a ruse?"

"So is that a no?" Suddenly, Riku felt his heel strike the wall behind him. He was cornered. The mischievous grin plastered on the guard's face creeped even Riku out. And after seeing the Cheshire Cat, that was saying something.

As the guard crept closer, Riku noticed that the wild-looking smile didn't seem to reach his eyes. The pupils were dull and lifeless, almost as if they were...

The "girl's" gaze raked itself down to the guard's neck where he could make out a single purple eye peeking out from underneath the uniform's collar. Riku had hoped to avoid resorting to violence, but there didn't seem to be any reasoning with this guard. "Before this goes any further, I've just got one thing to say," he said, voice shaking with tension.

Riku could almost feel the guard's stingy breath huffing down the front of his neck and down his "cleavage", sending shivers down his spine. "And that would be?" the poor soul asked with a hungry look on his face.

"LOOK OVER THERE!" Naively, the guard turned his head to look and in one fluid movement, Riku summoned his Way to the Dawn and slammed the handle dead center into the back of the guard's skull, sending him reeling. Before the man could get back up, Riku snagged a fistful of his dress, stripped it off and threw it in the guard's face, giving the Dawn wielder time to bolt.

By the time the officer was able to throw the enrapturing dress off of his face, the silver-haired "girl" was nowhere in sight. "Hey! Where'd she go?" Reluctantly, the guard quickly reached up and tapped his earpiece. "We've got a security breach..."

As soon as the red velvet curtains spilled out over the stage barring the audience's view, the contestants let out a collective sigh of relief. 'So it wasn't just me then,' Sora thought. 'Are pageants always this stressful?'

'We just started, Sora,' Naminé replied. 'You did just fine, though. I'm sure Kairi's proud of you for pulling it off." Sora looked slightly pleased with himself.

"Ladies, may I have your attention, please!" A blanket of silence washed over the contestants as they focused on the pageant director. "We'll be starting the Evening Gown competition in 10 minutes. Please return to your dressing rooms and we'll call everyone back to the stage when it's time. That is all." As soon as the director left, the gaggle of girls began chatting randomly about unimportant stuff and scattered about.

As Sora began to make his way back to his dressing room, he swore he could feel the intense stare of Natalia burning holes through the back of his head. However, when Sora glanced over his shoulder, Natalia was busy whispering into her cell phone, her hand shielding her lips and the speaker as if afraid she'd be overheard. 'Wonder what's up with her?' Naminé wondered. 'Is it just me or does she seem slightly worried?'

"Too much noise around here," Sora muttered. "Wish we could get closer without being seen..." Suddenly a crazy idea popped into his head. With his trademark impulsiveness guiding him, Kairi's red hair rippled as her head quickly shuffled side to side, checking to make sure no one was paying attention.

Naminé's face scrunched up in confusion in the back of Sora's mind. 'Um, Sora? What are you doing?' Instead of replying, Sora casually blended in with a group of girls who were making their way to the back. As soon as he was sure he was outside of Natalia's view, he noiselessly slipped off Kairi's sandals and doubled back to Natalia until he was inconspicuously concealed behind a rack of dresses. 'Wow. Nice Solid Snake impression,' Naminé giggled.

"...don't care about that!" Natalia was saying. "You find that girl and get rid of her before she ruins everything!" Pause. "Just stick to the plan and it'll all be over, okay?" Natalia hung up her phone and sighed. "I guess money doesn't buy everything." Seeing the blonde prissy girl head out of sight, Sora's bare feet padded away back to Kairi's dressing room where Selphie was waiting for him.

As soon as Sora opened the door, the first words out of Selphie's mouth were, "Took you long enough!" She placed her hands on her hips and leaned toward him. "I almost didn't think you could pull it off."

Sora rolled his eyes. "Gee. Thanks for the voice of confidence, Selphie." Selphie only smiled.

"I'm kidding, Sora. We did everything we could to get you ready for this day. If anything happens, it's our fault too."

'Wait, what do you mean 'too'?' Naminé snapped. Of course, Selphie couldn't hear her.

"So what now?" Sora asked.

"Well, the Evening Gown segment's next up and we don't have much time." Selphie leaned over into the closet and grabbed the shimmery neon-pink dress she had brought earlier. "You remember how to put on the make-up, right?"

Sora nodded. "Don't worry. I won't make Kairi look like a mime again." As Selphie handed Sora the dress, the Keyblade master couldn't help but admire the sparkling sequin material. "It's so shiny..."

Selphie cleared her throat. "Focus, Sora."

Sora grinned at her with a sheepish smile. "Er...sorry." He began to strip off Kairi's clothes, tossing them carelessly onto the couch until he was standing in her underwear again. Sora chanced a peek at the mirror to take in Kairi's near-nude form.

'SORA!' Naminé snapped. Sora's head snapped up from her authoritative shriek and he quickly averted his eyes back to the dress. As he started to step into the soft, surprisingly comfortable outfit, Sora paused suddenly.

"Do I wear a bra under this thing or do I go bare-chested?" He couldn't figure out why his question was only met with frustrated sighs from both of the girls.

"Kairi?" Wakka gave her a sideways glance of concern. "What's up?" He couldn't help but noticed Sora's body squirming irritably in the cushy, turquoise seat.

"How do you guys sit comfortably with this..." Kairi motioned toward Sora's crotch. "...'thing' in-between your legs?" The boys only responded with awkward stares causing the blood rush to her face slightly. To relieve Kairi from the tension that she inadvertently caused, Olette quickly changed the subject.

"So, Kairi. How do you think Sora's doing so far?"

Kairi couldn't help but smirk. "I'm surprised on how well he's holding up. He hasn't made me trip or fall once." She exhaled. "To be honest, I'm more concerned about those judges. Especially that Duke guy. He seems a lot more perverted than Tidus."

"Hey!" Tidus looked a bit miffed at the accusation. Wakka patted his shoulder heartily.

"She's got you there, ya?" Tidus opened his mouth to respond, but was stuck dumbfounded.

The others chuckled as Kairi said with a toothy grin, "Objection overruled." Then her grin faded as she became serious again. "So does anyone know anything else about these people?" The group instinctively turned to Pence who was calmly sipping a can of diet soda before he realized their gazes burning holes through him.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" he asked nervously. It took him a few seconds before he rolled his eyes. "I'm not a human encyclopedia, you know! What? Do you think I research everybody?" Pence jammed his empty can into his cup holder before he crossed his arms. "Besides, I don't even have my laptop with me. How am I supposed to do the research?"

"You could always use Tidus' phone," Hayner suggested. But Tidus shook his head.

"Sorry. Mine's charging at home." Pence raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Why is your phone at home? Haven't you been charging it up regularly?" When Tidus didn't answer, Pence added, "The only way it'd be out of power now is if you'd been using a bunch of complex programs over the past few nights non-stop."

"He was busy photo-maniping Natalia's pictures onto Jessica Alba's body," Wakka laughed.

Tidus' eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. "How'd you...I mean, I didn't do anything of the sort!"

Olette shook her head impatiently. "Honestly. How do you expect to get a girl when all you do is daydream about the impossible?"

Tidus only shrugged. "Don't worry. If anything, I could always fall back on my final fantasy."

Wakka slapped Tidus across the back of the head. "Dude, you mean that Yuna chick? She's a faerie, remember?"

Ignoring them, Kairi tapped a finger against her chin thoughtfully. "I feel like we're missing something..." After a few seconds she shook her head and shrugged helplessly. "Oh well. I might be just imagining things."

"You mean Riku, Donald and Goofy?" Pence chimed in. "Don't worry about it. Those guys are probably watching from the balconies or something."

Olette patted Kairi's hand smiled gently. "He's right. They can take care of themselves just fine."

'If you're still worried, why not just call Riku's phone?' Roxas suggested internally. Kairi mentally slapped herself for not thinking of it herself. She plunged her hand into Sora's side pocket, whipped out his phone and swiftly pressed auto-dial.

To her surprise, Tidus' pocket started singing "I am Sora. Here's my Keyblade..."

Kairi slowly hung up the phone and stared intently at Tidus, who had a guilty look on his face. "Um...why do you have Riku's phone?"

"Because I needed to borrow his for...personal reasons," Tidus replied. "I just haven't had a chance to give it back to him yet."

The light, quaky tone in his voice only made Kairi more suspicious. "Pray tell, what kind of personal reasons?"

As soon as Riku was sure he had enough distance between him and the security guard, the boy let out a sigh of relief. He was pretty sure that the guard wouldn't find him anytime soon.

"What was that all about? And more importantly..." He glanced down at his footwear. "I was SO not made to wear high heels." He groaned as he realized one of the heels had broken off. Shaking his head slightly, he kicked off the heels, reached into his shirt and pulled out the sneakers that had made up his nice, perky "rack."

"Glad he didn't decide to frisk me, the jerk." Even though he was a bit miffed from being sexually assaulted, Riku was more curious about the purple eye tattoo that had been sticking out of the guard's neck. It didn't take him long to deduce what it was.

"Great, mind-controlled security." Riku massaged his forehead. "What's next, a mindless zombie hoard?"

"So, Beca." Michael gave his sister a nervous glance. "Any new data yet?"

Rebecca's ponytail swished back and forth like a horse tail swatting flies as she shook her head. "Nothing."

Rachel pursed her lips with impatience. "This bites. Why do we have to wait the full three hours of the pageant to get any action?" She blew some stray strands of highlighted hair out of her face. "I personally think this is all just a big waste of time. Nearly naked girls prancing around up there while every guy's jaw drops as if they've never seen a girl in a bikini before." She glared pointedly at Michael when she said that.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Always the accuser, ain't ya?" Crossing his arms, his head drooped down to his chest in thought. "It's strange. The threat happens to be in the same exact world Natalia transported to after our incident back in Ultima?" His brow furrowed with worry. "You don't think..."

"That she has anything to do with it?" Rachel finished frostily. "That my cousin decided to play the 'evil boy-stealing genius' once again?" Her lip curled angrily at the thought. "We already underestimated her once. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she WAS behind all of this." But Rebecca shook her head again.

"I don't think Natalia is behind this. She's part of it, true, but not behind it." She calmly removed her librarian-style glasses and began giving it a good polish with her aqua blue T-shirt. "No, I think someone is manipulating her as well."

"So, it's more than just some desperate crush?" Duke asked.

"What I'm saying is that by the end of today..." Rebecca's eyes narrowed dangerously. "...there'll be a lot more collateral damage than just some broken hearts."

Sora looked into the full-body mirror and almost drooled at what he saw. He was staring at Kairi in a form-fitting, pink strapless dress with crystallic-blue high heels. The usual free-flowing hair was tied into a tight, little bun behind her head. Sora couldn't contain his grin. "Wow. Just...wow."

Selphie giggled. "Stunning, huh?" Sora nodded in agreement. Suddenly, the smile faded into a worried frown. Selphie blinked. "What's wrong?"

Sora gave her a nervous look. "Well, I..."

Selphie pursed her lips patiently. "It's the bun, isn't it?"

Sora shook his head and took a deep breath. "Um...doesn't this seem a little...low-cut?"

It was obvious from Selphie's jaw dropping that was the last thing she was expecting to come out of Sora's mouth. "What are you talking about?"

Sora looked down and motioned his hand toward Kairi's chest. "I can feel the air running across the top of Kairi's boobs." He made to grab them for emphasis, but immediately stopped himself.

Selphie looked at him dumbstruck. "I think you're starting to get a little TOO comfortable in that body, Sora."

6. Destined Working for WDW

Not too shabby my friend. Interesting incorporation with a new possible enemy pulling the strings. The wording is excellent and we can really tell that you like writing this.

7. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

This has probably been said time and again, but seriously,THIS WAS THE FREAKIN' BEST AND MOST HILARIOUS CHAPTER IN THE ENTIRE FIC SO FAR!You should make a sequel to it, or something.

8. Juicy Chaser

Aw wow, dude that was awesome. I kind of missed the action this chapter seemed to lack but the whole "Riku" incident just makes me laugh over and over. Man, Sora is getting pervy, but I think you could push it a little bit further >D

Aha, Tidus and Yuna the faerie made me giggle xD

9. Forever Love Life Without Limits

xDD

I loved the "I am Sora...Here's my Keyblade..." Gotta love YouTube for that.

Also, I loved the chapter altogether. It was excellent, my friend. Great job.

;D

10. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I was wondering about that; I didn't recognize the quote, so I didn't know where that was from...

Anywho, I'll bet Riku's got a whole lot more respect for what girls may go through after all that. For some reason, though, I'm intrigued most by Tidus' reason for holding on to Riku's cell. Oh well. More for me to contemplate.

Good work as always, DF. I especially loved Tidus' 'final fantasy' part.

11. Konefeddi Destiny Islands Resident

I luved this thread!!

I luved this so far . . . it is the thing that made me read this everyday so i could catch up . . . then i couldnt read anymore cuz i read to much pages and i didnt subscribe yet lol oh and i have been reading some of the wedding thread i liked it so far

12. Namine-x Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks so much for this thread. Switched was a really enjoyable read, which had me hooked for a long time. Amazing work :) loved it!

13. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Lights, Camera...

"And that concludes the Evening Gown portion of our program! Our judges will now determine which of these lovely ladies will move on to the next round as the group is reduced down to the top ten! Again, let's have another round of applause for these dazzling beauties!"

Sora was about to let out a sigh of relief, but Naminé knew better than to let their guard down. "They're still watching us, Sora! Wait until we're off-stage first!" The past fifteen minutes had been a blur of motion as the girls had been ushered back to the stage, quickly reintroduced to the crowd and the judges, went through all their posing and smiling like anime fanservice before walking back to their original position and allowing the next contestant to take a turn.

"What's that noise?" Sora pondered as the sound of metal hitting metal started becoming more loud and frequent. He glanced around at the other contestants and noticed that he wasn't the only one who had heard it. Some of the girls were looking around in confusion.

"Sora! Above you!" Sora's head snapped up to the ceiling. His pupils contracted slightly at the sight of giant metal planks began raining from the rafters. Shrieks of terror erupted from the stage, causing the audience to panic as well. Without even pausing to ask permission, Naminé quickly took control of Kairi's body and started to summon Sora's Keyblade...

"No!" Sora shouted internally. "If people see Kairi summon the Keyblade, they'll know something's up!"

"But..." Naminé started, but she knew that Sora was right. Sora instinctively threw himself forward and tackled the nearest contestant to protect. He braced for impact...

...and felt nothing. Sora aimed his gaze upward and was stunned to find that the metal planks were stopped in midair by a dome of green energy. The planks slid down off the curvature safely out of harm's way. As soon as the last piece of debris touched down, the mysterious barrier disappeared as quickly as it came. Sora let out a sigh of relief.

"You can let go of me now." Sora did a double take and realized that the girl that he had just attempted to save was none other than Natalia. Kairi's body leapt back as if she had burned herself. The blond girl brushed off her outfit and gave Sora a quizzical look. "I don't know what you're playing at, but this doesn't change anything!" And with a suspicious purple twinkle in her angry gaze, Natalia walked off in a huff. With an unconcerned shrug, Sora turned his attention back to business.

"How in Merlin's pants did that happen?!" With everyone still shook up, no one noticed the contestant known as Kairi talking to herself.

"Merlin wears pants?" Naminé giggled. "That's news to me."

"Especially that green barrier. I've never seen anything like that before." Sora looked out toward the restless audience and tried to find his friends. "Maybe Kairi and the others noticed something..." But Naminé couldn't help but remember the purplish tint that she had noticed. "What's wrong, Naminé?" Sora asked. The memory witch temporarily forgot that Sora could sense her emotions, but not her exact thoughts. Apparently, the gender-swapped youth had noticed nothing suspicious. Naminé was about to tell Sora what she saw but stopped herself. She could've just been imagining things. Sora had enough to worry about.

"Nothing, Sora," she finally responded. "I guess I'm just a little..." Her voice trailed off. Before Sora could dwell on her acting suspicious, the announcer's voice began booming out.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pageant will continue after taking a brief intermission! Please rest assured that everyone is safe and unharmed!" Before Sora knew what was happening, the stage curtains began to quickly close, blocking his view. As soon as the curtains draped themselves closed, the girls were immediately rushed backstage to their dressing rooms.

"The contestants that qualify for the next round will be notified via loudspeaker!" the director shouted. "In the meantime, everyone return to your dressing rooms while we prepare the stage for the next event!" When the girls continued to mutter, the director added, "We will take every precaution to make sure nothing of this sort will happen again! Thank you for your cooperation!"

"What's the next event?" Sora asked as he headed back to Kairi's dressing room. Naminé pretended not to hear. "I take it by your silence it's the swimsuit competition."

"I think we're being followed," Naminé said suddenly. Sora slowed his pace.

"Are you sure?" He glanced over his shoulder finding the hallway mysteriously empty. The usual din of the hustle and bustle could be heard faintly.

"Listen to your footsteps." Sora strained his ears and was shocked to hear an echo of his own footsteps as if someone were shadowing him. "Sora, be careful." Kairi's hand instinctively clenched as Sora prepared to defend himself. He counted silently in his head.

One...

Two...

At three, Sora whirled around, halfway into summoning his Keyblade.

The last thing the teenage boy saw was a flash of purple before the entire world plunged him into darkness...

No one had noticed that the hat-wearing judge in the sunglasses had managed to conjure up the giant lime-colored dome made of plasma that shielded the contestants from the debris. Duke quietly cracked his knuckles under the judge's table, his hands sparking dimly.

"If this keeps up," he said as he shook his hands loosely, "I'm going to get early arthritis."

Michael crossed his arms and gave his friend an envious glare. "Easy for you to say. My powers don't work here."

"Other than that anime invincibility you get when any fanservice occurs," Rachel chirped half-jokingly.

"Can you guys save it for later? We still have a job to do," Rebecca reminded them. "Right now we have to figu-"

"We have to figure out who'd sabotage the contest like this," Michael interrupted. "It's not possible that was an accident." He began to stand up out of his seat. "I'm going to go and search for clues. Rachel, you-"

"Wait a minute!" Rachel snapped. She had never liked being one to sit around and wait. "Why do you get to go?" Her eyes narrowed into an accusatory glare. "You're not thinking of going backstage and searching all of the girls' dressing rooms, are you?" Her hands balled into fists. "If you think for a moment that I'm giving you any more opportunities to strip a poor, innocent girl..."

"If he won't do it, I don't mind taking his place," Duke said with a sly grin on his face. Rachel shook her head impatiently.

"No way! You're just as bad as he is!" Before Rachel's temper could spark any more arguments, Rebecca slammed her fist on the judge's table, silencing her friends.

"Will you let me finish? I wasn't talking about that!" She held up her judge's scoring sheet. After clearing her throat, she said, "We have to figure out who's going onto the next round." She raised an eyebrow. "What'd you think about that Kairi girl?"

"Oh my goodness!" Kairi couldn't help but gasp using Sora's hands to cover his mouth. "That was too close." Her friends were taken back by her reaction.

"Please don't do that in Sora's body," Wakka said, cringing. "It makes him look really..."

"******ed?" Kairi suggested.

"Well, I was going to say sissy, but sure. Let's go with that."

"If Sora had gotten crushed..." Kairi couldn't help but shudder from the possibility. "Would I even have a body to go back to?" Roxas couldn't help but laugh.

"Your body's been raped by Heartless, turned into a playing card, survived countless worlds being blown up and dived off a three-story balcony and landed on its feet without so much as a sprained ankle. I think Sora will manage just fine." Kairi smiled, but something else was bothering her.

"Where are Donald and Goofy?" Olette nodded toward the empty seats next to her. "Riku should've gotten them by now." Pence stood up.

"I'll go check on them. I need to use it anyway." Pence clutched at his middle. "Those All-Natural Paopu Fruit Juice drinks don't seem to be agreeing with my stomach." As if to push the point further, his stomach made a loud, gurgling noise that emulated boiling chili. The others cringed.

"Uh, T.M.I.?" Kairi could almost feel her stomach doing somersaults just imagining what was taking place in Pence's innards.

As soon as Pence left, Kairi finally realized what was bothering her.

"Where did Hayner and Tidus go?" she wondered out loud. It took a few seconds before Olette and Wakka realized the same thing.

Olette sighed. "I think I can take a guess..." Kairi pursed her lips and jumped up from her seat.

She grabbed Olette's arm and began dragging her through their row. Kairi glanced over her shoulder and said to Wakka, "Watch our seats, please. We'll be right back." And before the Blitzball MVP could protest, the girls were gone.

Wakka took one look at the eight empty seats he had to guard and groaned. "Isn't Tidus usually the one who gets himself into these situations?"

"Come on, Tidus. You really expect all of the girls to be sharing one dressing room?"

"You ever see those Miss World pageants? The girls all share a big locker room where they get changed in front of each other!" Tidus' eyes glazed over as the thought of semi-nude girls pranced around in his head. Hayner chuckled at his "partner's" dream-like expression.

"You know, I envy you sometimes," Hayner said.

"Huh?" Tidus' expression changed from fantasizing to confusion. Hayner stopped in his tracks with Tidus doing the same.

"I never would've imagined that there would be a place that seems like pure paradise." Hayner smiled sadly. "I mean, when the others and I first came here to the Islands, I'll admit I thought this place looked kinda..."

"The boonies?" Tidus suggested.

"Well, yeah," Hayner agreed. "But now, I can't believe how lucky you guys are to live in a place like this! Girls, beaches, blue skies!" He shook his head and gave Tidus a wistful look. "Twilight Town may have its share of tourist attractions, but the sun never rises or sets. It's just endless twilight." Tidus placed his hand on Hayner's shoulder and gave an understanding squeeze.

"Believe me, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. The downside to living on an island is that you have to use a boat to reach any of the interesting places. Monsoon season and floods happen periodically. And don't get me started on the school uniforms..."

"You have to wear uniforms?" Hayner felt internally relieved that he went to a public school.

"The point is that any place outside of your world is fun to visit, but it's not as fun to live in." Tidus gave Hayner a searching look. "I never took you as a sentimentalist, Hayner."

"Hey, I have my own insecurities too." Hayner shrugged. "It's just I can't exactly share this type of stuff in front of Pence or Olette."

"Don't want to tarnish your rep?" Tidus teased. Hayner grinned and gave a playful punch to the arm. Suddenly, a tall figure rushed past the duo at superhuman speed before disappearing around a corner, giving the guys a quick glimpse of a streak of silver.

"Hey, didn't that chick look familiar?" Tidus lamented. It took a few seconds before the boys realized that only one person would have such unforgettable shiny locks.

"That's Riku!" they shouted in unison. Unfortunately, their outburst caught the attention of the guard with a purple tattoo on his neck who had been in close pursuit. The sight of the two boys made him forget all about the intruder and switch his focus onto them.

"Hey, you kids aren't supposed to be here!" He began running toward them, reaching for his communicator.

"Oh crap," Hayner said. Not knowing what else to do, the would-be peeping toms made a break for it in the other direction with the guard hot on their tail, calling for backup. If any of them had bothered to look up, they would've found a teenage fugitive with remarkable abs hiding among the rafters.

"What are those two doing here?" Riku wondered from his perch. "I guess this stealth and recon is now a rescue mission." He started to make his way through the shadows of the ceiling. "Who do I look like, Raiden from Metal Gear?"

"What the..." Pence couldn't help but frown as he realized that he had stepped in a growing puddle of water that trailed all the way to the men's restroom. Being very careful to step slowly and lightly as not to get the inside of his sneakers wet, he made his way to the restroom door, pushed it open...

...and ended up catching the handle of a plunger with his face. His eyes rolled back in their sockets as he collapsed into the pool of toilet water in an unconscious heap.

Goofy and Donald exchanged worried looks. "Uh-oh." One could only imagine what a stranger's reaction would be to see a duck with his butt lodged in a toilet bowl with the suction cup of a plunger stuck to his head. In classic comical fashion, Goofy had managed to crawl underneath the locked stall door, accidentally bust it off its hinges, grab a plunger, shove it onto Donald's head and made a futile attempt to yank his friend out of the toilet only for the handle to fly off, ricochet off the tiled walls and smack into Pence's poor, unsuspecting face.

"G'well, at least it can't get any worse," Goofy declared with a confident nod. Before the last word even left his mouth, a dark yellow liquid began to overflow from the other bathroom stalls and urinals only to swirl in with the already exposed toilet water. As the disgusting mixture reached the unconscious Pence, Donald couldn't help but palm his beak in disbelief.

14. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

*points at DF in wonder* HE LIIIIIVVVESSSSSS!

Lol, loved the chapter, especially the 'Merlin's pants' part (been reading Harry Potter lately?), and my curiosity has piqued a little bit. Keep it up.

15. Juicy Chaser

Hah, I almost had a heart attack when I saw that you'd updated xD

Flawless as usual ;3 I can tell this is an excellent story purely because I haven't forgotten the plot at all since the last update. I didn't even need a reminder.

Very funny and creative, I couldn't stop giggling at the toilet part.

Loved this xD

I know this is slang, but I was still like "...e__o" when I read this :v

Excellent job ~

16. Amber PLUR

Not as much to comment on for this one, and lucky for you, I didn't find any mistakes. Reading these updates reminded me why I read your stuff in the first place. Good job.

PS: Love the sigs. <3

17. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

Awesome =D

you're a really good writer, keep it up ^^

18. aswa8 Moogle Assistant

Glad to see you back in business DF. When you wrote 'Merlin's Pants' I laughed so hard that my sided burned.

19. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

This story is incredible. I love the idea, it's just priceless (especially Donald getting stuck in toilets and Riku having to use Way to Dawn to get him out. XD) I'm so happy I stumbled across this one, it's just fantastic! You have a very imaginative mind and very gifted in writing. Good job! Can't wait for the next update!

20. Amber PLUR

DF's a guy. ^^; At least, last time I checked.

As far as I know, he is planning on writing more. We just have to be patient. He does have a life outside the internet, after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.