Kingdom Hearts II SoraxRiku? Yes or no.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kingdom Glory, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alo81 Destiny Islands Resident

Wtf Is Wrong With You People!!!! This Doesnt Matter!

2. Kingdom Glory Banned

But he already saw Kairi once, so he continued on...he saw her again, then he saw Riku, whom he had been looking for for over a year.
    I'd do the same...does that make ME gay?
    Norp.

3. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

hay we're just haveing a conversation. If you have a problem with this thread than don't comment on it or even bother to read it.

4. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

That is all ya got! Sora's reaction when he saw Riku! One thing wow! There are WAY more things between Sora and Kairi! What about when he bowed down to his enemy! What about in the cave with Sora and Kairi drawing each other giving each other a Paopu fruit eh?

5. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

Do I even want to ask what a NORP is and I'm not saying that He is I'm saying it's fun to pretend he's gay. I know it's alwas going to kairi and Sora. I just think it's more fun with Sora and Riku, especially when I comes to fan art and fanfiction.

that's not my only "Proof"

6. Kingdom Glory Banned

Norp means nope. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted my random word here. Forgive me.
    And even you know it'll be SoKai. That's proof right there xD

7. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

Give me ya best shot! Give me all your proof and I can tell you the reasonings...

8. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

But like I stated I personly find more exciting as sora and riku. I kind of think of as Forbiden love. plus you never have to add the side story of children (unless it's mpreg)

okay well from Short Evaluation of the Riku and Sora Relationship.

By Riku Essays

On Destiny Islands…

Now let’s start out from the start of the game to where we can catch quite a whiff of the RikuxSora factor. We go to Riku, Sora, and Kairi building a raft to escape there enclosed island to discover possible new worlds.

Here we see Riku and Sora supposedly fighting over Kairi, the young broad Sora seems to be infatuation with. Riku supposedly fights with Sora to gain the attention of Kairi. But if you look deep into Kingdom Hearts you will surely see (it’s quite obvious to many actually) that Riku isn’t that interested with Kairi. Riku seems to have his mind more fixed on bringing the attention of Sora onto Riku gaining Kairi’s attention. This maybe getting Sora to put his attention more on Riku, if you get where I’m coming from. Many will state that Riku is just trying to be a competitive ******* with Sora. Riku seems to be trying to get Sora to give his attention to him instead of gaining points in Kairi’s eyes.

Now let’s note when the door opens connecting Destiny Islands Riku reaches for the hand of Sora telling him to go into the unknown with him. This leaving Sora asking about Kairi and her whereabouts and Riku dismissing it quickly saying she’s coming with them. Quite odd since as we later find out Kairi is in the cave, no where near Riku. What proof did Riku have of Kairi coming along with them when he was only with Sora and only reached for Sora and his hand alone. If it wasn’t for Sora going back into the cave in search for Kairi we wouldn’t have seen what happened to her. Although we know all the inhabitants of Destiny Islands had to get banished elsewhere how did Riku know. For all Riku knew there was a way to go out and explore other worlds and he was ready to take Sora and Sora alone without so much of a thought about Kairi.

Note that I’m giving insight of how Riku might have felt toward Sora. As for Sora he does give some insight of affection, but he doesn’t look deeply into relationships as Riku seems to. He probably thinks of both Riku and Kairi as just friends while Sora himself being oblivious to true passion of a more ‘deeper’ relationship to one of them. What I’m trying to say is Riku shows ‘deep’ affection for Sora than Sora seems to for both Kairi and Riku.

The Grand Meeting

When Sora goes back to Traverse Town to seal it’s keyhole he runs into the majestic Riku. Riku states he has been looking everywhere for Sora (note he said Sora without mentioning other names such as Kairi). Sora ask him to come along and help find Kairi then gets into a fight with Donald making Riku magically disappear. Riku doesn’t seem to say much on the ideal of going to find Kairi, and when he see Sora isn’t paying him a lick of attention and just heading onto the ideal of finding Kairi, Riku seems disappointed that Sora didn’t have more of a affectionate reunion with him. But minus that when Donald and Sora fight, this making Riku leave, when Sora sees Riku is gone he just states something along the lines of it being odd Riku is gone all of the sudden. After that little statement Sora literally just shrugs it off and continues on with his ‘saving Kairi ness’ life. Riku staring on along the sidelines with annoyance that Sora gained a new pair of friends and didn’t seem to care if he (Riku) just disappeared or not. The lack of attention that Riku gets from Sora makes him along the borders of angry.

Let’s go back to discover Riku thinking he needs the have the attention of Sora. Back before Kairi ever landed her *** on Destiny Islands Riku was probably a brotherly figure to Sora, thus absorbing most of the attention of little Sora. Sora has stated himself that he and Riku played and did swordfights all the time. Also Sora protected his and Riku’s ‘secret place’ from Kairi until he finally allowed her into it. Leading to the note of Riku and Sora spending much time together. Not only were they best friends, but they lived on a little island in which they had each other for most entertainment. Giving Riku, Sora’s only best friend at the time (since this is before Kairi came), most of Sora’s attention. I’m sure Riku was quite envious when Kairi came and he had to share the spotlight and Sora’s attention. But we don’t have much on the coming of Kairi and how it changed Sora and Riku relationship…although it most likely changed it drastically.

So when Riku saw Sora just dismiss his disappearance in Traverse Town and headed with his new friends to go save Kairi, most likely Riku felt ditched and rejected by someone who was suppose to be his best friend. After Riku looked everywhere for Sora when he actually found him Sora didn’t pay him barely any daylight? That’s right. How did Riku feel. Damn, how would anyone feel in that position. I would say jealous of Sora’s new friends, envious also of Kairi getting more of Sora’s efforts and seeming to be more in his mind. As been already mentioned he probably felt rejected, ditched, and uncared about by Sora. Riku’s need for Sora’s attention leads to ones curiosity to wonder ‘did Riku have feelings for Sora?’ and also would wonder if that’s also why Riku went through such extremes (such as turning to the dark) to pay back Sora for what seems to be a heartless act of the key delivery boy (as we find out was Sora’s true identity in Hollow Bastion). Riku thus goes to save Kairi, maybe being a way to say ‘ha ha, in your face Sora’. Why do I think this. Maybe getting to Kairi, which is now Sora’s goal, was a way for Riku to have revenge on Sora. After all, why not take away thy loves distraction?

To The End Dearest, To The End!

*Sniffle sniffle* Now we get to the sad emotional part. Where Sora falls and Riku’s voice says ‘Giving up already. Sora, I thought you were stronger than that’. Note that as Sora falls during battle he thinks of Riku. Not Kairi.*CoffeeWithRiku starts crying* Now, stop with the emotional stuff. To get to the point this shows that Riku finds fault in his ways and decides that it’s time to show his regret on his past mistakes and support Sora to crush evil Ansem.

Let’s rush on to the end. The door scene. Now hold onto those hankies because this is sad. Sora has to shut the door to darkness, and Riku comes to help him from the other side, thus locking himself into the room full of darkness and heartless, also showing Riku knows the error of his past mistakes, and is willing to give his life to save Sora, and all the worlds, from darkness. Riku’s last words were ‘Take care of her’ meaning Kairi. A lot of people say this is a sign Riku loves and cares about Kairi. Or did, out of love, Riku say this to show Sora he wanted Sora to be happy. Riku knowing that Kairi and Sora had feelings for one another most likely knew that he wasn’t going to gain the love of Sora through force and just decided that if Sora wanted this, being with Kairi, then he could have it. Riku decided that Sora should do whatever made Sora most happy. Sora nodes then closes the door to a scared, regretful, hopeless, and sad Riku.

sorry for being so long but here it is, read your heart out.

9. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Well La Sofa you can go back and re-read all of the other points myself and others have pointed out....or I can just make you a tiny list.

1. KH1: he forsakes Kairi on the island to look for Riku whom he doesn't even know is still there, EVEN AFTER ALL OF THE STUFF RIKU PULLED IN KH1

2. He doesn't even believe in the power of the papou, so that means the picture should have less meaning. (You SoKai'ers seem to harp about this one the most) Big whoop, according to the rocks he also drew chocobos and other scribbles. Apparently when you draw a picture this is the same as getting your wedding vows. (I will also add that they first STARTED the picture when they were little children!)

3. Even when they get back on the island, rather then giving her the papou he just finishes the darn picture. (WTF, if he loves her he'll give her the freaking fruit, even DISNEY allows for a little peck on the cheek, or a symbol of love!)

4. Kairi = Hug, Riku = CRY (by the way children, he doesn't even know its been an entire year until later!) (Also a point the SoRi'ers seem to harp about)

5. Throughout all of KH2, Sora is always asking everyone where the hell RIKU is.

There, at least 5 points that I was willing to retype, again. :\

*Nomura could have easily make Riku a chick....easily. :\

10. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

^The red up there^

11. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

look I'm not going to argue with you on my choice of coupleing the point of the thread to see if you support SoraxRiku. and I stating now wether it's FMA, KH, Naruto, or any other form of show or story I will alwas be with the yaoi couple even If I know 100% that the two are straight. If you want to debate with me then private message me or start your own thread other wise stop trying to make my change my choice on who I think make good lovers!!!!:yelling:

12. The Soul-Eater Merlin's Housekeeper

Sora's goal has always been to rescue his friends. Kairi? Check. Riku? Not check. Ergo, he went after Riku.

And it's not like Riku ever did anything that bad, anyway. All he wanted to do was be with his friends, just like Sora. It's just that Riku had certain vulnerabilities that Ansem and Maleficent exploited. It would be way out of character for Sora to abandon him just for that.

I don't recall that ever being stated. But regardless of whether the power's real or not, the paopu's still a symbol of their bond nonetheless.

If anything, that's a greater sign of their bond. It shows that they have history, y'know? And that their bond has continued through the years and so forth.

It's symbolic, plus it's a nice bit of continuity between the games. A kiss would be overly cliche; finishing the drawing conveys the same message but more effectively.

Riku had sacrificed his identity and became everything he'd hated just to help Sora. Kairi, on the other hand, not only fine but actually better off for her experiences.

Not to mention the fact that for the first time since the whole story began, Sora, Riku, and Kairi were all together again. That alone would have been emotionally overwhelming, so it's not surprising that Riku's fate kind of tipped him over the edge.

Yeah. Because Riku was missing, possibly injured, or even dead. Kairi was safe at home. Even after she was kidnapped, Sora'd have no reason to ask people where she is. She'd be locked up in the Organization's headquarters (which he does spend the latter half of the game looking for), not roaming around the Pride Lands or something.

Plus, remember what else Sora's always doing? You know, missing Kairi, getting jealous of the other couples he meets, his little dance fantasy in Halloween Town, all that good stuff?

13. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

You guys do release that it is a yes or no question and stop trying to make people change to your views of. Here's and Idea say 1:I like SoraxRiku or 2: I don't like SoraxRiku and please just leave it at that.

14. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Leave it at that?

We are encouraged to expand upon topics of our choice; we are not limited to what the thread asks of us, and last time I checked, you do not have the power to limit us.

15. Pirate2Love Destiny Islands Resident

Okay your right but it just annoying to have people go over the top and try to change your mind. All i'm asking is you egcept the persons choice wether you agree or not

16. Zandyne King's Apprentice

So you agree that its all up to our interpretations?

Since I'm just repeating myself a lot, and with even less supporting details as it goes on...*because of laziness*

I feel idiotic for not noticing this sooner, but I will plead....THE NOMURA LOOPHOLE. He said in his interviews he wanted to leave it up to the fans to interpret , so let's just do that. There, everyone is happy. [Plus this came from the CREATOR, so you can't say that its NOT canon- the whole "up to the fans to interpret", its here on the site too in the interviews section. :\]

Side-Note: I never said I didn't like either pairing, I only stated that the Sora/Riku ones were usually better written. And for what feels like the billionth time, I'm telling you people, I THINK the most canon "pairing" is Riku/Kairi/Sora with Sora being too dense to really figure it out anyway! :\

NOW LETS MOVE ON.

17. Stardust Chaser

This thread is still alive?! I thought it died long ago >=/.

Listen, I really don't care to repeat myself on this situation since it doesn't get anybody anywhere. All I can say at this point is this:

1. None of the pairings in Kingdom Hearts are official, there's a chance they won't ever be. I'd be completely happy with KH not having any pairings.
    2. Sora/Kairi has more obvious evidence supporting it, we know. Okay. Please stop repeating stuff because you've all run out of ideas.
    3. Everyone is entitled to their own freaking opinion!! Honestly, guys! You can bash eachother all you want about the pairings, but that's not going to change the fandoms in any way, shape, or form. Your wasting your time with arguments that aren't going anywhere. I posted with Sora/Kairi evidence a while back, but I didn't bash SoRiku in the process, you know why? Because no matter what I say or do, people are still going to like it. If you knew that already and you're just arguing because you can...

4. Tetsuya Nomura designed Sora, Kairi, and Riku, but Disney owns them. What is Disney famous for? Their cliche 'Prince and Princess' stories, and their accompanying crappy sequels. If Disney owns them, then I think you all know how it's probably going to end up. But there's a chance for anything to happen, and no matter what, there's always going to be fanfiction for you guys. Therefore, I don't see the problem.

5. Okay, look. I'm seeing this occuring in just about everyone's post:

Sora/Riku - "He freaking CRIED for Riku, he just HUGGED Kairi!"
    Sora/Kairi - "They drew those paupus on the cave walls, THAT has to mean something!!"

ALL RIGHT ALREADY.

I SEE THEM. OKAY? WE ALL SEE THEM!

Over and OVER AND OVER!! Endlessly!! You guys must have short-term memory loss or something, because I've seen this more times than I can possibly COMPREHEND. You've all gotten your point across with these two things. Really, you have. No need for more on it because I KNOW. WE. ALL. KNOW.

Now, look. These are both one event. And it's equally stupid to use either of them over and over just to get your point across. Once it's been stated, it doesn't need to be stated again. You've let them know your position, they've let you know theirs. Now guess what? There's nothing you can do about it! They like what they like! Oh my GOD, I know, it's completely HORRIBLE. </sarcasm>

The internet has a way of making people feel helpless like this. You can argue forever and never win, it's a constant cycle here. You don't run out of breath or go hoarse from shouting, you can just continue until there's no more things to be said. I really wish it wasn't like this, and I know you do too, but the fact is...That's the internet.

The only people I've seen on here who have anything worth reading would be Zandyne and StupidAquarius. There are some exceptions, but these are the people who really stuck with their opinion and did it logically.

To be honest, now I really hope Sora dies in the next game, so we can end this crap. All of this has gotten way out of hand, what's more, it's a completely stupid reason.

You guys don't need to take offense for any of what I or anyone else just said, and why? Let me spell it out for you: F-O-R-U-M. It's a place for people's opinions, and sometimes, those opinions can't be changed.

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Gods Almighty, thank you for posting. I've bolded the lines I feel are the most meaningful.

And this thread is still going on? -Facepalm-

Look, it's 'FANdom' meaning it's FANmade. For FUN. You all remember fun right? Obviously not if you take such a thing as 'lololol let's take pretty guyz and make them do naughty things together lololol' then you obviously should find something other than the internet to waste your time on.

Becuse let's face it, yaoi/slash isn't going away anytime soon. Learn to deal with it or don't come on the internet anymore.

It's that simple.

I AGREE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.