Spotlight Thread?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hyuge ✧, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I wasn't sure where to put this since there's not really a News/Updates/Suggestion type thread in the Nook, so this seems as good as any. I think it would be cool if we did a Spotlight on various stories/poems/fanfics submitted to the Nook. It would be kind of like in the Anime / Manga section. Each week we do a new one. I'd be more than happy to host the thread since it was my idea. In it, the members of the Writer's Nook could nominate works created by the other members to be spotlighted for that week. Whoever gets picked would be notified. They could write a little summary of their Fanfic., talk about their poems, or summarize whatever original story of theirs was nominated and then link to the thread or post containing it [[ for people with multiple stories or poems all collected in one thread ]]. If they don't want to write it up / talk about it, I don't mind skimming through and writing something myself, but hopefully everyone will be wanting to since we're all writers and just wanting to get our creativity out there for everyone to enjoy.

Along with nominations in the thread, others may CnC just as they would in the thread or voice interest in reading it. So yeah, opinions would be nice, especially from @Cat~ , @What? , @Plums

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I do like this idea. It gives up and coming writers a chance to get their stuff out there as well as giving people an excuse to read something they might not have noticed otherwise.

3. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I absolutely enjoy the idea! As was brought up, it would definitely help up and coming writers get noticed and refine their craft. Furthermore I do believe that this degree of recognition would be immensely beneficial for not only the person who gets the prestigious choice, but act as an incentive for those who wish to get a bit of the limelight.

The way I see it, one Spotlight per section (Original Prose, Fandom Prose, and Poetry) would work well. I am completely supportive of this. Once we get some more opinions we can start opening nominations.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

yoooo this is a great idea!~ I don't have anything to add to what's already been said, but I fully support this plan.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

+1 from me, I personally would probably end up reading more of people's stuff this way so I guess that's a tentative proof of concept.

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Trying not to let this idea die. If everyone is game for it, then I can start working on the thread in a little bit. I'll just need someone to sticky it for me when I'm done. :]]]]]]