PC Starbound

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Splodge, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Starbound is a game coming to pc sometime this year, the beta is at least anyway. Starbound is an indie game made by a fairly small group, Chucklefish games. Starbound is the spiritual successor of sorts, to terraria. Except this time, it's set in space. The story that goes that when an alien race attacked your home planet, you were the last of your kind remaining, and you fled on a spaceship, which then crashed into a faraway planet, which you have to live on. It is a 2d sandbox, just like Terraria, but the cool thing about this game is, that with materials, you can rebuild you spaceship, and visit other planets, the game is procedurely generated, and the developers are striving to make every detail about these planets different from any other, after you have repaired your spaceship, you can claim a planet, as your home planet, and run it as leader. You can visit their website at http://playstarbound.com/ where you can donate a maximum of 2000 US dollars, and a minimum of 15 US dollars, getting a beta invite, a steam key on release, and the soundtrack. After the 75 dollar mark, you get your name in the credits, and after the 500 dollar mark, you will be able to deign something in the game. I personally have high hopes for this game, as I am a Terraria fan, and I think it will disappoint.

2. Fellangel Bichael May

Hmm I'm really looking forward to Starbound. I do hope it fixes some of the problems of Terarria like it's extremely long pacing in the beginning of the game, the huge spike of fun in the middle, and the drop of emptiness at the end. If they manage to smooth it out a lot more to make all stages of the game fun, then I will have no doubt on buying this game.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

PREORDERED.

Though I am getting a little worried that the game's been infected with feature creep I mean I was excited from the first announcement don't pile it on too thick Tiy

4. libregkd -

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

6. Bonnechaux Moogle Assistant

I thinks the game is not bloated at all... its like terraria, but better :D

[​IMG]