PC Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Heart ❤, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]

So Stardew Valley came out a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone else on KHV played.

For those who don't know, Stardew Valley is apparently a lot like Harvest Moon (I wouldn't know as I've never played them). You can plant crops, fish, take care of animals, mine, fight creatures in the mine, get married (to either gender!), and lots of other cool stuff.

I'm currently in my second year and I'm nearly done with all the bundles, I only have the pantry and the bulletin board left. I'm currently romancing Abigail, but honestly, I'm really am just wanting to unlock the greenhouse before I actually care about the NPCs (yes I'm terrible, I know)

So yeah, what are your thoughts on the game? Where are you up too? What's your favorite thing to do in Stardew Valley?

2. Misty gimme kiss

Stardew Valley is great. I completed the Community Center in my second year and now I'm on the early third. I haven't played much since finishing the Community Center simply because I don't have much more to do besides optimizing my farm, collecting everything, and building relationships. My two favorite things were the Community Center and the mines (I finished both). Mostly I'm just waiting for the new content patch to pick it up again.

I didn't spend much time building relationships but Penny is my absolute favorite.

3. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Misssstttttyyyy~

Yeah I completed the Mines as well. I keep going in mostly to collect Iron to make bombs since that's the quickest way to make it through the Skull Caves (and to kill the mummies there).

Yeah, I've been hearing so much about the new patch and apparently there's going to be SO MUCH new content! I'm really excited for all of it-- I just wonder how much longer it's gonna be. It's already been a few months since he announced the update, I believe.

I've actually started trying to do a little more with the relationships, so I just give people things on their birthdays. Hey, it works right? XD

4. Shuhbooty moon child

I absolutely love this game. I bought it as soon as it was released. I'm on my second year, however i took a break from my computer gaming. But I reached lvl 34 in the mines. I'm nto done with my community center and I'm the same as @Misty, I'm too focused on the cool parts of fishing and getting my farm animals and making money to buy the limited items from the year events to even interact with most of the people. But Penny is my absolute fave.

I posted on the SD reddit pages often about things to be fixed. Like when you place items behind trees and it's not transparent when near the trees. But that was it mostly. I asked more questions then what things I wish they fixed.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I've been thinking about getting this. Never tried Harvest Moon back in the day, thought it wasn't really my thing, but it didn't stop me wondering what it was like. Is there an endgame in SV? Like, some kinda narrative closure or overarching goal? That's my only worry, that I'll feel listless without any significant milestones.

6. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

There isn't really an overarching goal/endgame, unless you count completing all the bundles in the community center (but even then you have more places to explore) or getting married (and even then you can have children).

I mean there are achievements and you can always try to collect/grow every item. Like Misty said, there isn't A LOT to do after the community center, but appartently the next patch is going to have more 'endgame' content.

7. Shuhbooty moon child

I've never played Harvest Moon myself, but I've heard great things about it. After playing SD I would definitely go and pick up some of the HM series.

But when it comes to end game, they are still working on it. They have a ton of things to in game for the time being, growing your crops, tending to your animals, making friends with the townsfolk, the community center, it's endless right now. But they did add how they were going to give "end game rewards" for certain players on the forums. It was brought up, not sure if it has been pursued yet.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

So it's still receiving updates? I should expect as much from an indie dev, but that's good news. Maybe I'll give it a go after all.

9. Shuhbooty moon child

Yup, the developers are really into the community right now. They read the reddit pages and they host their own forum. (pref the reddit page myself) worth the money and time in my opinion!

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I'm pretty certain you'd really like it. It does a great job of taking each "day" and making it a unique adventure, and it feels on accident. Like, you wake up and set out to do something and you get midway through before doing something way better nine times out of ten.