Support Start Menu Tab Hover Effect Gets Stuck

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

It doesn't happen very often and it doesn't cause anything to happen other than a minor visual annoyance to me because if I hover over a tab the name of the tab (e.g., Windows Live Mail) will stay on the screen in a tooltip, though it's fixed by a restart, which what I usually do. I'm just curious as to what could cause it to happen.

Hover Before.png

Hover After 1.png

Hover After 2.png

2. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

It could be the gpu doesn't like Aero. Try on Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, on the left -> Advanced system settings -> on Advanced, under Performance, press settings to set "Let Windows Choose What's Best For My Computer" and restart.
    If this problem still remains, you should unistall gpu's driver and reinstall it.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's already on that.

4. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Then try to uninstall and reinstall gpu's driver.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't think I'll bother. It only happens sometimes and only causes a minor visual glitch.

Like I said, I was only curious and not asking for support.

6. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes yes, I just said that it's a conflict between Aero and the graphic accelerator, caused by an issue of driver video and where could be the problem and how fix it..
    Indeed, is not a big problem but if when you play fullscreen with a game and this crashes or stops suddenly, you know what is it.
    With a reinstall of gpu's driver, all problem should disappear

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't have any problems with games crashing, though.

8. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't mean that happen certainly, but that could happen. That's why there is a conflict, because not always happene.
    When you can't see previews click with right button of mouse on the taskbar -> Proprieties and watch if "Use Aero Peak to preview the desktop" is enabled.
    If is enabled but you can't see previews open Task Manager, in Processes, search explorer.exe and terminate it. This will disappear the desktop. To reopen it, on task manager in Applications, press on New Activity and write "explorer.exe" and will reappear.
    With this you should see previews. Anyway, to fix this problem, I already told you how to do it.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

There is no conflict, though. It's just a small visual glitch. That'd be like saying that glitches in video games are the fault of the console or computer.

As I've said twice now, I wasn't trying to troubleshoot anything. I was only curious.