Super smash bros brawl info

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jube, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

SSB64 online? Is that for realz? If so, link meh up.

2. cronoking Chaser

Sweet. A nice big stage to play on. I cant wait to battle on it. And they even put the ultimate chimera in it lol.

3. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

This stage would have been epic for tourney play, but the Chimera makes it untourneyable. xD
    Still want to play on it though...

4. TheMuffinMan Banned

In one of the Nintendo Summit videos one of the NOA guys for Brawl said that they are aware of the "purist" audience of Smash Bros, so they are definitely aware of SSB's Tourney scene, so I think with all of Brawl's customization, stage Hazards should be something we can switch on/off

5. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

I sure a heck hope so. I would really like to see more playable stages at tournies, I was getting bored of the few that were allowed. =/

6. TheMuffinMan Banned

The majority of SSBM's stages were allowed in Tourneys o-0 and if you weren't going to Tourneys, then why should you care what they're playing on? It's no matter to you, play them regardless no one is stopping you D=

7. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

Actually, in most tournies, only neutral stages like Battlefield and Corneria were allowed...
    And I do attend small, local tournies, so I do care. xD

8. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

How do you do that? I've played along time and haven't seen that!

What do you mean?

9. TheMuffinMan Banned

Stages don't get banned because they're 'too random', Stages get banned if they give overbearing advantages to certain characters, or if there are glitches/exploits that certain characters can use to a gamebreaking advantage

16 of Melee's 28 stages are allowed in Tourneys, and even then that only reflects what you play in a Tourney environment, and not what you can play when you're just playing with friends or for fun o-o

10. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

Lol, I think you are confusing pro tournies with local tournies. xD
    Most local tournies try to completely eliminate any random factors...
    I don't know, maybe that's just the tournies in Texas...

11. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Story of many. :\ I actually don't know how do it myself. A friend explained the technique to me (something about down+b and hitting a direction on a specific frame (40 something)--or was it a wavedash instead of a direction..?)

Anyway, yeah, I don't know how to do it, but it can be easily googled if you're interested.

16 is a bit of a stretch. The most common number is more like 6-8.

Tourney legal stages varied between 6-8 depending on where you were competing and who was hosting it, but the most common tourney legal stages in Melee are:

Final Destination (Singles/Doubles)
    Battlefield (Singles/Doubles)
    Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
    Yoshi's Story (Singles/Doubles)
    Kirby's Dream Land 64 (Singles/Doubles)
    Pokemon Stadium (Singles/Doubles)
    Rainbow Cruise (Doubles only)
    Kongo Jungle 64 (Singles/Doubles)

Rarely are any others included. Sometimes I see Mute City selected in the roster, but most of these I saw were during smashfests rather than actual tourneys.

EDIT: Moodkip pointed out a something notable. Perhaps the local tourneys where you live are much more inclusive on stages, but I'm pretty sure it's a 6-8 range when you get into national/international tourneys. MLG is definitely 6-8.

12. TheMuffinMan Banned

13. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I've seen that image, actually.

Yellow is partial neutrality, and you should know how rarely those are included (talking national/international); they're more discretionary than anything, and up to the whim of the hoster.

Only the green ones are most commonly used on the tourney scene. And note, I said 'most common' in my earlier post. 16 may by definition be legal, but in actual application, you're looking at 6-8.

For one, MLG doesn't include any of the yellow stages (except Kongo Jungle 64), other than friendlies.

14. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

and what was that plain area that had some wierd backgroubnd and plain platform?

15. TheMuffinMan Banned

16 stages nonetheless, no?

I still see no reason why anyone would make a comment like "I can't play a stage because they don't play it in Tourneys ='(", when what goes on in a Tourney should not reflect exclusively what you should play in the game

On another note, it's a nice coincidence that the person who made that image is Phanna, a decently well known Samus player who implements the Super Wavedash into Tourney play (which you don't entirely see that often)

some impressive combo videos can be found on his Youtube page:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MYI1Ge0myxo

16. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

Lol, hey, Soushirei, if I wanted to watch Pro Smash games (from MLG) where would I look?

17. Soushirei 運命の欠片

YouTube, really. =o

MLG is shown on TV whenever the event happens. I'm not quite sure when they showcase Melee, but they did cover MLG New York and MLG Dallas last year. I believe Darky posted a video from one of the New York matches, the one Ken lost to PCChris. :3

But yeah, there are a whole bunch of MLG vids on youtube, and other international ones like Jack Garden (which is hosted in Japan).

XD Well yeah, I don't see anyone saying a comment like that either, but I'm assuming what Moodkip meant was it would be a shame if he couldn't play on that stage if it's banned from tourneys (be it because he likes the stage, or whatever).

Really? All the Samus locals here use it (at least at the local tourneys I've done here). =o DBR's Mikenasty uses it too, if I recall correctly (even though I'm not really a big fan of DBR).

18. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

T0T I want some Smash Bros. action, guess I'll go have to look...
    xD

19. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Btw, I'm gonna get Bootcamp up and running before the end of the tonight, so I'm gonna see if I can get SSB64 working soon. ;D

Sorry, can you elaborate? Maybe Final Destination? o.o?

20. TheMuffinMan Banned

Cooly, it should be fun to play against you, I already have a small following of SSB64 players and we play it online quite often

When you get it up and running, find the server "TerraOnline EmuServer", once you go there one it'll permanently be in your "Recent Servers" list so you can always access it faster. TerraOnline is the server we all play on

For everyone else who would like to participate, go to:

http://pj64k.emulation64.com/

And click on the link that says "Project64k 0.13" to download Project64k, which is an N64 emulator that allows you to play N64 games with Online Multiplayer

In order to play your favorite N64 games, you'll need to get the "ROM" of them, which can be found here:

http://romhustler.net/roms/n64/all

Simply click on the letter that the game starts with, find the game, and then download it from the Website to get the ROM, which you simply put in your Project64k folder.

SSB64 can be found here:

http://romhustler.net/rom/n64/333

When you get a game, there will be several different versions of the game, simply find the one that has [!] next to it's name and put it in your Project64k folder, ignore the other files since they're international versions of the game in different languages (the [!] means that it is the US version of the game)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.