|Supernatural: S1| Acolytes of Azazel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: Bumping this since a certain MIDNIGHT STAR hasn't posted. No pressure. No pressure at all... << >> Meanwhile, non-plot related post is a go!

BIC:

Scott's patience wore thin. What happened with Luce didn't exactly make waiting around doing nothing any better. He kicked at the ground in frustration and growled lowly. He looked down at his left/right hand and clenched it into a fist. Lenny, Luce, Adam, and Alexis all knew how durable Scott was. In all his time as a hunter he had only received one wound that left a scar and even that had mostly faded away. There was little that could cause him any lasting damage and the scars on his hand had a disturbing history to them. If anything, they could be described as unconventional. Scott did get them in a fight, but not in a way one would expect. The scars came from pulling his hand out of a broken ribcage.

If someone ever broke their ribs in a serious injury, they would run the risk of having their lungs punctured by their own bones. Bone could be surprisingly sharp. Scott learned that the hard way after having punched a hole through one of the thugs that- 'They're dead now. Just forget it already.' He clenched his hand tighter, coming close to breaking the skin. He stopped before he could, lowering his hand in defeat. No matter how much he wanted to believe otherwise, no matter what he tried, the concept of normality continued to slip away from him. 'I've done too much.' Scott folded his arms once more. "Jessica..." The name slipped, it had been a few years since he had last said it. Scott kicked at the ground even harder, trying to keep nostalgia from getting to him. With nothing left to do, he began to pace back and forth by Adam's car to let his mind settle down.

2. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Out in the darkness of the shade of the pine trees well away from the weather worn bar, the little auburn haired boy stood hugging the broken picture in its shattered golden frame. His turquoise eyes narrowed and reaching with his mind, he found one...no, several minds battered and torn by events past. But, one in particular held interest for him. The young man they called Scott. He'd kissed his precious Luce. He'd flown too close to the sun...and it was about time he was burned. It was his Luce that had looked at this slab of meat called a man with those fear and anger filled silver eyes. A look that should've only been for him to see and no one else. "Those eyes..." the words echoed in Scott's head just like before, "They're mine. You stole them from me. Anger, fear, frustration, jealousy...those are the things I see in your mind, Scott. She'll never feel the same way, that's what you're afraid of, isn't it?" the little voice mocked, each word slowly creeping towards the low timbre of the demon held within, "She'll be angry at you forever. You, who offer what every woman wants, will be alone. Trapped with your memories. Memories of the people you've killed. Their poor lives hung in the balance and you snatched them away. You're angry that she doesn't feel. You're afraid you'll get her killed. You're frustrated that she refuses to accept your makeshift familial love. You're jealous...because she spoke to Adam first." The little demon grinned from ear to ear, "Without hesitation she told Adam everything. She put her trust in another so easily and with you...she hesitates...she grows angry. Her fits of rage against you. Do you really believe them to be out of suppressed affection? Or mearly because she wants you out of the way for someone else to move closer to her? Hm? Haven't you ever wondered what happened before you came? That maybe it was first come, first serve? Adam was there before you. And so were several dozens of other human males." His little voice lost any recognition that it was a young boy and took on the full reverberating timbre of the demon housed in his tiny body, "What makes you so special to her? What holds you apart from the others that have touched her? What makes you think she thinks of you as anything more than just another potential rapist?!"

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: We're getting this mission started. Sorry for moving so slow, guys.
    BIC:
    [​IMG]
    In only three long strides, Adam crossed the entirety of the bar and telekinetically swung open the front door so he wouldn't have to break his pace. As the cool air quickly hit his skin, the young hunter stopped to get the feel of his environment. The sun was out and bright, the sky a faded blue while thin clouds adorned it, and the grass a green too bright for Adam's tastes. The temperature was cool, complimented by a slight breeze, and there was the smell of grass in the air. Adam kind of hated it. "Alright," he called out as he started walking towards the garage. "Two cars, mine and Luce's," he informed everyone as he counted in his head. "Who's riding with who? Girls in one, guys in the other? I don't want y'all messing with your make-up or chatting it up on your phones and pointless stuff like that while driving, we're already late," he added, half-joking, as he patted his pockets. "Get in, buckle up, and let's go-where the hell are my keys?"

4. Arch Mana Knight

'Is this doubt?' Again, Scott thought he was going mad. He raised a hand to his head to check if he had a fever. It did him no good for him to check himself however. He wouldn't feel a difference. Scott growled lowly and kicked at the tire of Adam's car nearly denting the rim. There were too many thoughts to sift through, self-hatred, rejection, and...

"Get in, buckle up, and let's go-where the hell are my keys?"

Adam. Scott clenched the fist of his free hand. Adam hadn't done anything wrong yet Scott had to will himself to keep from punching him straight in the face. He took in a deep breath. Whether they were his own thoughts or not, Scott knew he had to keep a lid on it. No matter how difficult it became. Scott eyed Luce's car as he tossed Adam his keys without warning. 'Maybe she really does think of me like that...' It wasn't even a possibility he had considered before. Still, like always, it would have to wait for another time. Scott forced his doubts and overflow of emotions to the back of his head as he moved over towards the passenger side of Adam's car.

There weren't any smart remarks for him to say this time around and it would probably be a long and awkward drive without Scott's (sometimes annoying) comments to keep things from getting dull. Scott didn't even look Adam's way for fear of starting something he'd regret.

5. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    Unsure of what was really going on, as everyone seemed to be acting strange - though maybe that was normal for them - Sophie remained quiet in the background and tried her best to access the situation. If she knew these people better she would be making snide remarks right about now but as she didn't it seemed best to avoid that. Least for now.

In any case it seemed like they were boarding on to the cars now. And in a sexist way. Jerks. No matter, she followed along and got into the backseat of what appeared to be the one that crazy chick was going to drive, suddenly feeling rather frightened. Was this even safe? She seemed so...unreliable. Still Sophie had some hope that they weren't going to crash into anything...somehow.

6. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Finally, Adam made his appearance with the newbies in tow. It was about time. She'd had enough of Scott's unnecessary feelings and her own- Blinking out of her thought, she eyed Sophie as she climbed in the back seat. "Seat belts....or a bullet through your frontal lobe." It wasn't needed...but somehow she'd felt offended the second the girl sat down. An offense at her driving most likely...but she wasn't a mind reader like Lenny... She didn't know Sophie..as the girl hardly said a word. Odd how opposite she was of her. Where as Luce had been spitting fire the first second she met any of her new family. She hadn't liked them and wanted them to know it. And now....it was just different.

Hopping up and down, the little boy spun in place, "Happy...happy...." he sang. Turning and walking while humming a light tune into the forest, he grinned down at the picture of his silver haired pet. "Lucy will come to play with us soon. And she'll never want to leave." Picking up a stuffed teddy bear from behind a tree, he dragged it alongside him, "We won't let her leave."

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

Zeke had been silent and not paying attention to anything up until Adam had led them to the cars. Based off what he'd heard, he be in the car with the older acolytes since he was the only new male they'd gotten. He'd just sighed a she watch one of them head into what he assumed to be Luce's car. Well, that makes my choice easy. Quietly, he got into the car that Adam was going to drive and buckled up.

8. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]
    Alexis came back once she heard Adam's call. She got into Luce's car, sitting on the front seat next to Luce. It was probably best for her to sit here since out of the girls, she'd had the most experience of being with Luce. She wasn't in any way, shape or form going to mention the kiss she had witnessed. It was none of her business after all. She ignored Mulligan's sexist comment despite the fact that she had been tempted to respond to it in kind. ...Damn. She had changed a little, she'd never have entertained such a comment before but now she actually had ideas of a response she would have given. She sighed quietly. "I don't like this. I know this is a simple pick up, but something feels amiss. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but I don't know." Was it just her imagining things, or was everyone else acting different from usual? More on edge?
    Alexis had spent her life reading people, she couldn't tell with the newbies since she didn't know them at all, but she definitely felt like there was something going on with her three older sibling Acolytes. Something was out of place and wrong. They'd always been highly strung sure, some more than others, but the way things seemed to be going today was odd. Maybe she was wrong. Perhaps it was just her adjusting to the changes in her life and the sudden arrival of the newer Acolytes. She didn't know. All she did know what that she'd keep on guard just as she always had. Her gut instincts had never led her wrong before, and she believed that they wouldn't lead her wrong now. "Don't mind me." She commented.
    Alexis looked back at Sophie after Luce made another rather aggressive comment. She eyed Sophie's eyes, looked at her expression. Was that a hint of fear? Wariness? Well, it must be natural considering everything was so new to her, but Alexis had the feeling it was something else bugging her this time. Luce being behind the wheel most likely. "You need to relax." she told the new girl as she stopped examining her and faced forwards. "Luce is a perfectly capable driver. Trust me. I would not be getting in the same car as her if she wasn't." she added. It was surprisingly a big compliment coming from her. Luce would know Alexis didn't trust easily, and yet Alexis had faith in her driving skills at least. ...Damn again. She needed to keep herself back and in check. She couldn't let herself get too close. Not yet. She was an empty cup. Void of anything but what she needed which was nothing and nobody.
    ...She suddenly felt antsy just sitting here. Maybe this was the life of a Hunter. Never feeling truly at ease knowing that there were things that go bump in the night. Whether they went on this mission or stayed here, something was wrong and would continue remaining as such. For now, it would be better to get moving, and the sooner the better.

9. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: Bueno gave me permission to push this along, so I will. Hope the rest of you haven't forgotten about this RP.

BIC:

Scott watched Adam catch the keys he tossed him. Adam, being controlled by myself for the time being, then admitted to how much more awesome Scott was. But seriously, the two said nothing to each other as Adam started the car. Scott leaned back in his seat and looked over towards Zeke who seemed to be even more uncomfortable with the situation. None of them were exactly making a good first impression. Even Scott who was normally the most laid back in the group.

"Step on it. You know we're late." Scott commented as Adam finally took off, looking at the rear view mirror to watch Luce's car trail just behind theirs. 'I don't think I'd want to be stuck there. Four girls...two of which really don't get along.' He felt sorry for the two new girls as it must have been exceedingly awkward for them. Though at least they had something in common. Zeke however was the only new male in the bunch and was stuck with Adam, who had a temper, and Scott, who was already beginning to feel sanity slip from him.

Feeling that it could only ease the tension in the air, Scott reached over and turned on the radio. Whether or not Adam complained about his own taste in music was something that Scott really wouldn't care about. After fiddling around to find the station he was looking for, he finally picked out something familiar. Something...jazzy. Smooth jazz. Yes, the strong arm of the acolytes had a thing for jazz. Ironic.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "Come on," the white-haired, semi-leader of the Acolytes growled as his car pushed 90 miles per hour. His skin was burning, not by his own fire-related power, but the pure anxiety. "Call again, Scott, goddamn it, CALL AGAIN!" He demanded as his Charger sped around a curve faster than it should have. The car drifted, dangerously sliding off of the road and well into the grass, leaving skid marks and screeching loudly, but Adam simply shifted gears, released the clutch, spun the steering wheel, and slammed the pedal again as his shoulder hit the window. For a brief second, he felt as if they were on two wheels...but that didn't matter. 'Please let them be okay. I swear to God that I will..' the thought was left unfinished as the car reached the road again. He didn't care if Zeke or even Scott were crapping their pants right now. All that mattered were the girls. Luce, Alicia, even Eliza and Sophie. If anything happened to them...."Damn it, Scott, try again!" He yelled, though he knew that there would be no answer. He could only hope. 'Where the hell are those premonitions when you need them?!' He asked himself as he passed another car. At first, he thought it may have been a cop, but no lights appeared in his rearview mirror. Didn't matter, the law wasn't going to stop him. His head started to hurt as he pushed his powers, trying to get some sort of mental vision of the girls....but the only thing he saw was the horizon that was quickly approaching. The only thing louder than the sound of his engine was his heart, which felt like it was about to beat out of his chest. "Damn it, Luce...answer the goddamned phone." He whispered, squeezing the steering wheel with one hand and the gearshift with the other. As he shifted gears again, the click of the shift drowned out his next word.
    "Please."
    That was 7 minutes ago. As they became close to the location that Luce had told Adam, the young Acolyte looked to the other side of the interstate for any sign of them. "There!" Once again, he cut across the grassy median, ignoring every law that he was breaking. Unusually and luckily, there was no traffic. "Oh no..." he saw it: Luce's car, upside down on the side of the road, a small trail of smoke escaping into the air from it. Adam slammed the brakes, put his car in park, and jumped through the door, his seatbelt somehow melting off, before the car was even fully stopped. "Oh god, no. Luce! Luce! Alicia! Goddamn it, Alexis!!" He yelled, sprinting towards the car. "Answer me, damn it!" He dropped to a knee on the driver's side and looked in. "What the?" Alexis was hanging upside down on the passenger's side, eyes shut. The two new girls, Sophie and Eliza, were in the back in the exact same condition. All three were bruised and bleeding, but obviously alive. However, the driver's side was empty. "Where the hell is Luce-guys, help me!" No time for questions. Rescue first, question later. The windows were all shattered, likely from the crash, and Adam was able to simply reach into the backseat and grabbed one of the girls with one hand and her seatbelt with the other. "Come on," he growled as heat from his hand started to melt the seatbelt. Realizing it wasn't enough, he reached behind him and pulled out his Demon-Killing Knife. In one quick motion, he cut through the seatbelt and slowed the girl's fall onto the roof of the car. "Don't worry. I got you," he whispered as he slid her out. As he used his telekinesis to help himself pull her, he wondered what had happened and where Luce was. As soon as he was sure the newbie was out, he placed her on her back and ran to the other side to help Scott and Zeke.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

Zeke had remained silent again during the car right, but this time was for different reasons. Apparently something had happened to Luce's car and they were heading to see what. Though his face remained the same, inside he was concern. Right now how well he knew them didn't matter, what did matter was the situation that they were in. That was when they arrived at the scene and it didn't relive any fears at all. Zeke was the second one to exit the car not too long after Adam did. While Adam would help one of the other newbies, he went to the passengers side to help Sophie out. Since he didn't have a knife of any kind, the best he could do was to unbuckle the seat beat and catch her before she hit to roof. Once that was taken care of, he carefully carried her over to where Adam had place the other newbie and went back to the car.

12. Arch Mana Knight

'No.'

The door handle of the jeep broke off under the strain of his strength. A growl of frustration came from him. He shattered what remained of the glass on the driver's side of the jeep. No one was seated there. It had to be a trick of his mind. There had to be someone driving it. Luce was that someone. Yes. She drove it. He saw her. They fought. Adam even teased him about it. She was there. She. Had. To. Be. There. "Argh!" With a shout, the door popped off its hinges. Shards of glass buried themselves into his hands but he paid no attention to the blood on his hands. He set the door down to the side and stared into the jeep, only catching the sight of Alexis across from him in the passenger's seat.

'This isn't happening.'

Luce had to have gotten out of the car. That was it. She got out. She was tough enough to do that on her own. Scott ran over towards the other side of the jeep and forcibly tore off Alexis's seat belt, not bothering to undo it. He kept the girl from hitting her head as he dragged her out of the broken window, staying wary of the broken glass that might cut Alexis up further. He sat her against the jeep and lightly tapped her cheek to make sure she would stay conscious. "Hang on." Scott raised his head and looked around. Despite the accident, traffic kept going around them. Alexis, Sophia, Eliza, and Luce. They were all accounted for.

'Then where are you?'

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't spot Luce. She wasn't out of the car like the rest of them. He ran back over towards the driver's side. Still no Luce. Scott reached out and felt the seat, not believing what he saw. 'Maybe she wasn't driving.' He moved over to check the other chairs. Empty. Scott circled around, knowing he missed something. Empty. The passenger seat then. That's where she was. Empty.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL THESE SEATS EMPTY!?" He shouted, ramming his fist into the passenger door, leaving a large dent in it. "Come on! Luce!" Scott took in a staggered breath as he headed over towards Adam, grabbing him by the collar. "You saw her right!?" Scott began to shake. "TELL ME YOU GOT HER OUT!" Adam was now off the ground. Scott's eyes narrowed on Adam. Scott let go of his shirt before Adam could force him off, dropping him. Scott said nothing more to Adam, not paying him any more attention as he began to approach the wounded Alexis. The Demon-Killing Knife slide out of his sleeve and into his bloodied hand.

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Alexis could hear it... the sound of voices... Familiar voices. Why were those voices familiar? ...She'd never been able to think such a thing before. ..."Oh god, no. Luce! Luce! Alicia! Goddamn it, Alexis!!" He... he actually got her name right. What in the name of Hell was going on?
    Her eyes slowly opened, but they fluttered shut again. It's like the lights weren't working. Everything was blurry and moving in and out of focus. Then, she felt the only thing supporting her weight be ripped away and she was falling, but only for a split second before strong arms caught her. It then occurred to her for the first time that she had been hanging upside down. 'Come on Alexis... snap out of it. You have to be sharp. This is not like you.'
    "Hang on." She heard a voice from next to her as she was placed down, her back supported by the vehicle she'd just been rescued from. ...That was Scott right? His voice seemed agitated. ...Ah. Of course. That's right. It was coming back to her now. Sort of... there had been an accident. Yeah... there had been..."WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL THESE SEATS EMPTY!?Come on! Luce! You saw her right!? TELL ME YOU GOT HER OUT!"
    Luce was gone? ...Yes. That was it... ..Crap. Luce was gone. Even Alexis knew how bad that was. The panic of her older siblings, in particular Scott was very disturbing. This was all wrong. She had to... try and tell them what was going on.

"Unnn.. ...Mulligan.. Scott..." she managed to force her voice out. Yes... she was able to speak. This was good. She needed to explain. It was important. They needed to know.
    "W-we were... driving and Luce was... doing her whole 'shut up or I'll slit your throat' thing. Everything was just... normal. ...but.. Then...
    It all happened in less than a second. There was no time to react at all. There was a scream. ...I think it was Eliza.
    This red-haired boy just...popped up in the back seat. No light, no cloud of smoke, he just came out of nowhere. He was just... there. I'd barely turned around when he said Luce's name and... reached out and then... next thing I know... I can't remember it completely... It was just... waking up. The car wrecked... That... boy is gone, and there's no sign of Luce. Just...gone. Both of them."
    That was it... she'd told them. Unfortunately though... it seemed to be news Scott hadn't wanted to hear as he approached her, knife in hand. She just stared him in the eyes as he approached, meeting his rage with calm. She couldn't move right just yet. Her body was refusing to obey her head. She felt dizzy, but she just stared at him with bland eyes. Closer he approached her. Step by step. "Control your temper. I don't know why... you're angry, but stabbing me won't make us find Luce... any faster." She spoke, her voice calm, if a bit slurred from her dizziness. She didn't know what went on in Scott's head. He was one of the few she couldn't read. She could only gather that he had temper issues based on what she'd seen before and now. Was his temper enough to make him kill her? She didn't know, nor care. It simply came down to one thing; Would the muscle-head see sense? Would Mulligan be able to intervene? Or... would she meet her end here?
    It was really as simple as that. She'd survived all this time alone, and if she were to die now because she'd stopped relying on just herself, then it was simply her own error that caused her death.

14. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    She was a fan of hamburgers and fries but as the girls were grouped together there seemed to be no reason not to continue riding with them. Perhaps it was due to laziness that prevented her from getting up at the time. No matter. Whatever the reason they had gone to another place to eat. That probably wasn't the best idea.

The cause of the accident had been such a blur that Sophie really had no idea how it happened, especially once they were spinning out of control. Her head went into the glass window, causing it to bled and throb. Though, luckily, her ice powers were activated by adrenaline and fear which was enough to make the window shatter so it could not happen again. That was the only time she could use them though for after that she was out.

When Sophie came to there was shouting, none of which made sense as the girl struggled to just open her eyes. Everything was just a haze. "Ack," she began coughing which caused her body to turn. And though it hurt to do so the girl began getting to her feet. Though once on them she just fell back to her knees. "Should cheeseburger," Sophie said. And she didn't realize it but her voice was quiet and hard to form, thus her sentence was missing a few words.

15. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

The sound of that familiar, tiny, "hello", the sound of brakes screeching, the jolt of the steering wheel locking, screaming...was it her own voice...or the others? They all blended together. Bright turquoise eyes outlined in black appearing in her rear view mirror. The rest...was black and flashes of red. At least...it's what she willed herself to believe all she could remember. But each part of it was embedded in her memory.

Before the Crash:

"I told you, Adam, f*ck you! No one's--" "Hello...Lucy." Her heart stopped and the road in front of her blurred as she slid her eyes up to the rear view mirror. "Th...no....no..." Her mind blanked and a panicked scream ripped from her throat. Dropping her cellphone, she fumbled for her pistol at her hip. She was certain someone else screamed as she slammed on the brakes, the steering wheel turning as she desperately tried to turn in her seat to defend her new sisters from the odd child. In turning the wheel with her hand, her car wheel hooked into a pothole in the middle of the road, flipping the vehicle several times to come to a standstill on the roof. Shattered glass had cut into her passengers as well as Luce. Fighting back the darkness creeping in at the edges of her vision, she looked over at Alexis, "Is everyone alright? Alexis? Ale-" Searing pain moved her attention to the side of her leg near her door. Several large shards of glass stuck out of her leg, blood staining her favorite pair of jeans. Reaching for her seat belt buckle, she sucked in a painful breath and clicked the little red button, releasing her seat belt and dropped to the roof covered in glass. Positive she would be pierced by several other pieces of glass, she coughed and looked over at Alexis. She didn't look too bad... Luce prayed the other girls weren't much worse. "This is why we wear seat belts..." Cracking jokes when she was bleeding out...excellent. Reaching out her window she tried to crawl carefully out without touching the broken glass... Cutting her hands again and her leg once more, she managed to wiggle out of the wreckage. Gritting her teeth as she pushed herself to her feet. "I gotta...get them out... Alex-" She'd never finish her name at this rate. Standing a few feet from the car was that adorable little boy. "You...you're not real! You're a figment of my imagination! I know you're not real! You can't be..." His little hand lifted and waved furiously at her. Taking a step backwards, Luce put her weight on the wrong leg and crumpled to the ground, whimpering in pain. "I am real... You promised to play with me. It's time to go play, Lucy." "That's not my name...and I made no such promises!" He simply smiled and advanced on her. Scooting backwards, Luce cursed under her breath. "Of all the times my life has to resemble a horror movie, it just had to be now..." Against her better judgement, she fled or rather limped from the site of the crash with the young boy at her heels.

The rest...became a blur of road, cars, angry people and then trees...and endless slap of tree branches against her already cut and bleeding cheeks.

Sometime After Adam Turned Around:

"Playing house~ Playing house~ We're gonna play...until I don't wanna...and then we're gonna play~ something else. Lucy~ Lucy~ My poor Lucy is all cut up. Maybe we should play doctor. Would you like that Lucy?" The awful and odd song ended with a question that she felt like she should answer. A cough shook her shoulders and she blinked open her eyes. "Where...?" Where the hell was she?! Her eyes darted around, taking in what appeared to be...a house? Was she in a child's bedroom? "Where am I?" "My room." 'Yeah, thanks for the vague answer.' Luce set a hand on the floor to push herself up. Wait...a hand on the floor? 'I'm not bound...this kid really thinks I won't escape?' Pushing herself into an upright position, she hissed in pain. Her hands were clumsily wrapped in towels and what looked like a curtain was wrapped and tied around her leg. "Did you do this?" "I can't have you bleed out...then who would play with me? You're special to me, Lucy. We're going to be best friends...forever." Right... Not bothering to ask the obviously not human child how he'd gotten her to his home, she unfolded the towels around her hands and expelled a shaky breath at their state. Nothing had changed... "How long was I out?" "Not long. You wake early. You must be hungry, right? Would you like something to eat?" "Eat? You have food in this place?" Glancing around, Luce finally noticed the house's state. Everything was covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs everywhere. She doubted this little boy had any food...any food not past its expiration date. "Well sure! I have food...food that you'll love more than actual food." He turned around, showing his back dressed in a small gray poncho and those tiny jeans. How did they make them so small? Luce wasn't sure what he was doing with his back turned to her, but she heard a small whimper and he turned back around, holding a sharp knife and dark blood running down his pudgy arm. "What the hell did you do that for?! Are you in...in...in...what is that smell?" He smiled and the longer she stared at him, the more he smiled until his eyes flicked entirely black. "I'm your best friend, Lucy. My name is Gaara. We're going to have so much fun once you regain your strength and enhance your powers. Just drink it. My treat." Shaking, Luce curled her hands into fists. With the limited diet Lenny had them on, she was always thirsty. "No...no you can't."

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

A murmur came out of Eliza's lips as she laid on the grass, unaware of what was going on. She could hear people talking, shouting, couldn't make sense of any of it. Her entire body ached all over, what had she done? Why was her head so so fuzzy? She recognised the voices...they were, they were, oh the people who had found her. The new group. Her new friends, maybe, hopefully. Why was she on the ground? They'd been talking...been through hell....suspicious raccoon maybe not raccoon? Then picking up weapons, her pistols, never had a gun before. Why did she hurt? Then they'd got in the car, vampires, arguing, shouting...then...

She suddenly sat up with a jolt, the grass around her was fried in the sudden burst of electricity. Her eyes wide open as she remembered the accident, the scream (her own?), and crash. "Noooo-owww" She clutched her head in pain, she shouldn't have gotten up so fast. Her body was throbbing. She slowly lowered herself back down, her head unable to think clearly. "Is eryone okay?" She mumbled, barely audible, trying to process what was going on. There was still shouting and the other blonde girl on the ground by the truck seemed to have people going towards her, was she alright? And the other girls, were they?

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Adam was between Scott and Alexis before either could blink. He ignored Scott's advances as he knelt to support Alexis. "Hey," he whispered to her, nodding towards Eliza and Sophie. "You're stronger than them," he said, matter-of-factly. And it was true. Both physically and mentally. Sure, Alexis hasn't been an Acolyte long enough to brag about it, but she did have experience. Add that to her past, and physically and mentally, she was much more prepared to deal with what just happened than the other two. "Make sure they're ok. Stop them from freaking out. Get Zack to help you. Go. Now," his voice was low and slow, but soft. It wasn't an order. He was worried, but now wasn't the time to ask politely.
    He then turned to Scott. If his actions weren't clear enough, Scott's expression definitely told Adam how much his brother was freaking out. Scott was panicked...broken in a way Adam had rarely, if ever, seen him. In truth, Adam always worried about Scott's emotions if he was ever was pushed past the brink. With Luce, it was obvious. She would get angry and start shooting. Himself, well, Adam knew himself better than anyone. However, Scott was...unpredictable. He always seemed so calm; too calm. Adam, in all honesty, wondered how Scott could remain so calm and accepting in the situations that they were placed. Adam had assumed that Scott was just genuinely care-free, even if to absurd levels, but now...maybe Scott coped with the fucked-up life that they had by refusing to care. And now it looked like they finally found what would push him to deal with life...and apparently, Scott didn't know how.
    Adam stepped towards Scott, making sure to step between him and the others so that they couldn't properly see Scott. He narrowed his eyes to meet Scott's, seeing the panic in his brother's eyes. He clenched his fists and lowered his voice, before asking a simple question. "What's wrong with you, Hercules?"

18. Arch Mana Knight

Alexis spoke. She tried to get him to calm down when he approached. He didn't want to hear it. He wanted results, not petty words. The words she spoke simply glanced off him. She could have been silent for all he cared. Scott's grip tightened on his knife as his eyes followed the girl. Adam said something towards her that made her leave. As Scott's eyes met with Adam's nothing came from Scott. Even when asked what was wrong, a cold stare was all that Scott could give.

Alexis could have done something. She was supposed to be the fast one. If he had been there his sword would have put that demon in its place. It would have died. But he wasn't there. Alexis couldn't stop it. The new girls definitely could not have been able to do anything. Even Luce was defenseless. Scott suddenly shoved Adam against the turned over jeep, pinning him against it with one arm. He raised the knife and brought it down swiftly towards Adam's head.

The sound of metal scraping against metal cut the air. The knife was firmly jammed into the jeep's body. "Something needs to die." Scott moved back and unclenched his fists, his telekinesis forcing the shards of glass out of his skin, letting them clatter on the ground. "We're going to find her and I'm going to kill that thing if she doesn't." He ripped the knife out of the jeep and pointed it towards Adam. "Understood?"

"...This red-haired boy just...popped up in the back seat. No light, no cloud of smoke, he just came out of nowhere. He was just... there..."

Those words that Alexis had said earlier clicked, finally registering in his mind once the brunt of his anger subsided. Pieces started to fall in together as he recalled something else Luce had said.

"Remember our mission to Minnesota? A boy...he couldn't have been no more than seven years old... He was just...standing there in the woods."

'That boy vanished...What if...' Scott stepped away from Adam, his thoughts were far from worrying about whether or not the others were okay. His first thought was to return to Minnesota. To go back to those same woods and search for Luce there. But the drive itself would take hours and there was no guarantee that they wouldn't be putting themselves farther than from where she really was. He growled lowly and kicked at the ground. They didn't have any leads. "Cram everyone in your car. I'll grab what I can from the jeep." Scott's voice was cold, he didn't bother looking over towards Adam as he spoke. Adam knew as well as he did that they couldn't stick around forever. Especially given how heavily armed they were. Scott moved towards the back of the jeep where some of their supplies were and proceeded to salvage what he could from the wreckage.

19. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Pushing the small arm dripping with dark blood away from her mouth for the fifth time, Luce's hands jerked to her hips for her pistols...and felt only the empty holsters. "Where are my guns?" she demanded. Gaara licked his arm and the wound shut. "You don't need them." She glared at him, but none of her anger lasted as long as she wanted it to. "Tell me where they are." "Why? So you can shoot me? So you can put a bullet in my head? In my heart? Lucy...none of that will kill me. This child I'm living in...I've been here for years...and he gets no bigger. It's so frustrating!" Gaara hopped up and down in place, his pudgy hands clenching and unclenching. It was like he was throwing a tantrum. "I saw you...that day, you were so broken and helpless." Monitoring her own breathing, Luce rested her head back against the wall and noticed her hair tie had either fallen out or was torn out...probably from the crash. Untying the curtain from around her leg, she pursed her lips at the sight of the shard of glass sticking out of her thigh. Flicking her gaze up to the pacing boy, she realized he was still talking. For a kid...he spoke quite a lot. "...so I kill them...all of them. Each one that ever touched you...well almost each one. A couple ran away and were taken in to a mental hospital. I guess watching a little boy tear apart their friends did a number on their minds," he turned to her, his turquoise eyes glittering with excitement, "I bet you wanna hear it. Well...since you're not eating yet, maybe the story will get your appetite going." He started with a story that reminded her horribly of her past before she was found by Lenny...all those men...and he described how he killed each one of them... "...and then I drank their blood, which tasted awful, and tried quite hard to make it look like an accident." Shivering, Luce grabbed hold of the shard in her leg and yanked it out, the pain searing away the graphic images he'd put in her mind. Her scream of agony was silent unfortunately. Pressing her hand to the sudden spring of bleeding, she panted, "I need you...to find me some bandages. Some thick gauze...and some medical tape will do. Can you manage that, Gaara?" He smiled, "You bet! Anything for Lucy." "Whatever...just...hurry." Gaara ran from the room and she listened to his little feet run down a set of stairs and a door slam. He left? "First thing's first..." Lifting her hands to her mouth, she probed with her tongue, sucked and teethed the pieces of glass out of the heels of her hands. Spitting the shards out beside her, Luce groaned, "This kid....there's no way he's a demon... Son-of-a-b!tch...for once I'd be grateful for any of the others to find me... Adam's stupid fire could sear this damn puncture wound shut...Alexis could find my damn guns...I'm sure the others have their talents that would help..." She brushed a hand across her stomach, smearing blood on the clothing and shivered again. Blood loss was going to induce hypothermia and she'd pass out soon... "Scott... I'd give anything...just...once more... I want to punch him once more. Right in the middle of that arrogant, stupid grin." Her vision blurred and she felt a warm hand touch her cheek. "Scott..." "He's not coming for you. I brought what you asked for. Are we going to play doctor now?" Shifting to keep herself awake, Luce nodded, "That's right...we're going to play...doctor. You're going to be my doctor, Gaara. First...I need you t-to...um..." her mind was blanking, "Fold the gauze into a square...and press it against...uh...my wound...okay?" He nodded and did as she bid. The jolt of pain woke her up a bit. "Okay! Now what?" "Now...I'll hold it there..and you are going to tape it to my leg. Wrap it around several times...just like wrapping a rope around a tree branch." He hummed as he did what she asked. For demon, he sure was helpful. "All done! You're healed!" She laughed, "Hardly, kid. This is just to stem the bleeding...I'll need to go to a hospital." At the mention of that, his turquoise eyes flicked pure black and he growled,"You're not going ANYWHERE." Cringing, the reality of the situation dawned on her. Alone...in an abandoned house...with a demon...and several wounds that would get infected in this environment. "It'll get infected, Gaara. I'll die. Do you want me to die?" His eyes returned to normal and she figured he didn't want her dead...or else why bother helping or taking her at all? "N-no! You can't die! You're mine!" 'Mine? The hell?' Taking what was left of the gauze and tape, she managed to cover her hands. "I know what will get you to feel much better. Drink it." He pressed a bleeding wrist to her lips. How the hell had he slit his own wrist so fast? Her ability to resist was waning. It smelt better than what Lenny gave them and was already there...all she had to do was open her lips. What could possibly go wrong with taking a little blood from him?

"Nothing's wrong with it. Go ahead. You can bite me if you want. As much as you want."

As much...as she wanted...not once had she been told that before.

Opening her mouth, just a little, her tongue snaked out. Mistake. Gaara giggled, pulling back a little, teasing her and her hands wrapped around his tiny arm, sealing the cut to her lips as she lapped up the sweet demon blood. 'Mine.' "Mine..." He sat himself down in her lap and pulled one of her arms around himself.

20. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    As everything continued to ring and blur Sophie stared at the car when suddenly a flash of the car exploding appeared in her head. At first she wondered if it was a vision but then she realized that it was just a scene from a movie. A cop movie, if she remembered correctly. And though those things didn't seem to happen every time in real life, not that quickly or often anyway, she was suddenly paranoid so she wobbled away from the crash sight once she gathered her things.

She moved and realized that someone had asked if everyone was okay (which she ignored) and that the others were fighting. If they were going to kill each other then she really didn't want to be apart of it, causing her to move a bit faster though found that to be a mistake as the world spun. She really should have just used her ability to get the hotheads to come down, but in this condition and the fact that they were probably stronger than her it could have just made things worse. That was an unpleasant thought. How could her power ever be useless? It was what saved her.

When the girl made it to the other car she was frowning from the thought of being so helpless in the situation. She didn't know what to do even as her senses were coming back. Would she grow useful to the group and be apart of it or remain an outsider? Agh, this was too much to think about with her head pounding so hard. It reminded her of the time when her head was banged against the wall. It felt as if that would surely be the incident that caused her death. And yet here she was.

"We...should go. Cops. They'll be here soon...they always come soon when it's inconvenient." Never on time when you need them or just not at all. Pity. Though at least these sentences made more sense. However, despite feeling better now it could worsen again later. These things were up and down it seemed and right now she really was just running on adrenaline. A nap may fix it but she had a feeling she would be far too wound up to sleep today. Even so once she slid in the backseat she relaxed some, turning her hand cold to hold it to the spot on her head that was hit. It was so much better than an ice pack and brought major relief.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.