PC Surgeon Simulator 2013: A Drunken Organ-Flinging Jamboree

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ars Nova, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

websitesteamgog

As a warning, the controls in this game are AWFUL—and yes, they're like that by design. Basically your challenge is to perform that oft-cited ur example of the very concept of difficulty: brain surgery (or heart surgery... or kidney surgery. You get the idea), the catch being you are a slack-wristed everyman with no concept of how to properly hold objects. So basically win a wrestling match with an awkward control scheme before you cost your virtual patient his virtual life. Doesn't matter how messy it gets, long as you get the bad organ out and the good organ in.

Loads of fun and already pumped up with a few extra stages, including one in space (where zero-g is in effect), one using an alien (whose body structure is obviously way different), and one themed after TF2's Meet the Medic video (where you must partially reenact the surgery scene). One of the most entertaining parts of the game for me are the achievements, oddly enough; they range from the hilariously absurd to the jaw-droppingly difficult, and some of them are even little mysteries of their own, requiring a bit of creative thinking to figure out.

2. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Unfortunately I never once completed a successful surgery and have a murder count of almost 15. The game's a nice challenge, though not for the inpatient. The only annoying thing was being unable to pick up items you'd hit of the table.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to make a round unwinnable by accident. Thankfully retrying is quick and hassle-free, and no single surgery is a huge time commitment. The only thing that really bugs me is trying to get the Medigun in the right alignment on the Meet the Medic stage; that lever never seems to listen to me.