Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment Help

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by SoulboundAlchemist, Jan 2, 2015.

1. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hey guys, any of you here play SAO Hollow Fragment? And if so, can you give me some help with the Hollow Areas/Hollow Missions? I'm kinda at a loss, especially since I keep getting killed there...

2. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Okay I played this game some time ago, so I won't be able to help you that much. But here are some things I still remember.
    1: Always check the level of enemy before attacking it. Always. Try to avoid black dots on the map. Don't push too hard and you will be fine. Hollow Area was designed, so you can backtrack and do exploration later in the game.
    2: Make sure both you and your partner (if any) are not under levelled for the mission you walk into. Enemies in those are usually stronger than regular ones, so be careful. You can check the suggested level for mission on map in the menu.
    3: If you get spotted by an enemy you cannot defeat, run. Press Left (if I remember correctly) and turn around. Get into the nearest exit from a location, exit it and go in again.

Now we get a little bit on spoiler field.
    4: Except for Arlebast Otherworld, all bosses fight you alone. Only one in said area posses ability to spawn minions. When they are in the first phase of their birth you can defeat them easily, but when they are fully ready to battle you may have problems with them, as when neglected as dangerous, they will outnumber you.
    5: Arlebast Otherworld boss is only one with gimmick to it. You will face it more than once while travelling this Area (all of them are scripted events, so you don't need to watch out for a random encounter with it). As it is one of strongest bosses in the game (in my opinion), use those opportunities to learn its skills and how to dodge them.
    6: Last dungeon in the game (when it comes to Hollow Area) resembles Concealed Area. You must beat 10 levels of it, if I remember correctly. You have no access to your map, so you may want to draw it on paper. You can use Concealed Area to get used to how it's working. However unlike in the standard version of it, you will challenge it only with the help of Philia. Keep that in mind.

Now even further into spoiler land.
    7: "Last boss" is pretty, how to say it, massive. Just everything you would expect from the final boss. Will deal massive damage to you, if you won't block or dodge them. (Did I mention that you should always dodge attack if possible? If not I do it now.) This boss also posses flight ability. When it uses it, you won't be able to harm it, so time your skills carefully. Also when it uses it, it will end with skill, that will deal damage if not dodged (you don't want to stay in middle when it happens), however you can dodge it easily.
    8: Last enemy you must face, before ending your adventures in Hollow Area, is Hollow Kirito. He uses dual wielding, and possess sword skills that you can acquire while using that weapon. He probably will have more HP and attack power. As I noticed, he tends to use one of last skills to unlock, when his HP is below halve. You can end up dead if you don't dodge it.
    9: I will be honest and admit, that this point is just so I have 3 points in every "section". You can skip it, as it is not important. If you aim for all trophies in the game, you can help yourself by raising the bond level with Philia by using praise system. It will recover 50 SP and rise bond level a little. You will spend so much time with her that you may feel too tired to do it after beating this part of the game.

3. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Wow, thanks! This will be very helpful for later!