[Test Run] The Forum Family Games!

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Jayn, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Jayn

Annnnnd I'm back.

Here are the final scores: Red = Winner/highest score.

D.O.O.D.S
    186 / 240

Kuroshitsuji
    229 / 240

Project Nocturne
    192 / 240

I.N.V.S.P
    0/ 240 (Disqualified.)

Which means that those heading to the next round are ...
    Project Nocturne and Kuroshitsuji. Because I.N.V.S.P was disqualified, however, D.O.O.D.S will be permitted to move onto the next round as well. The next round will be posted either this weekend or the beginning of next week. Stay tuned! Also remember that this is a test-run so if you don't like how something goes, keep in mind and let me know in the suggestion thread (which will be undeleted when the games are over).

2. Jayn

Before continuing to the next round, I am curious about something. Would you guys rather the games work with eliminations (if you get the lowest score, you're out and the other families continue) or would you rather it work by points, so all families stay until the end, but whichever family has the most points at the end wins the games?

The second option was suggested by Wigglz, so I'm curious!

[​IMG]

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Personally, I'd prefer it with points and an overall score at the end.

4. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I would say the point system seems better because then we won't have so little challenges. And it's more fun to compete against everyone rather then just going one on one. Not to mention that it doesn't seem far just to kick families out right away from the fun. :c We don't have many competing to begin with anyways. ><

5. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I like the point system//everyone stays until the end.

6. Jayn

Awesome. Thanks kids! If anyone opposes that, then please state so before the weekend arrives!

Edit; Working on next challenge.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

I'd have to go with the point system. To me it seems more interesting and I'm curious to how's it'll be set up.

8. Jayn

ROUND 2
    【KH-Vadoration
    September 21st - September 28th

[​IMG]OPENING NOTE //.

Sorry for the delay! My bad. When I was going to post this challenge, I got depressed instead, hurr. But here we are! Based off of what you guys said, from this round onward no one will be eliminated. It will simple continue until the end and the family with the most points at the end will be the winner.

[​IMG]CHALLENGE //.

This time, we would like to take a moment to honor KH-Vids. What does it mean to you? How has this site affected your life? Negative, positive. In this Challenge, you are to write a four-lined poem to sum up your feeling for KHV. The poem should not be more than 300 words. It does not have to rhyme. It can be as serious or silly as you want. It can be as abstract as you want. Please keep in mind that how you guys handle the challenge in your family threads matter. c:

[​IMG]EXAMPLE ENTRY//.
    Violent and free, KHV is me,

Eating some food? KHV is rude,

Plastic bag, KHV's got swag,

Please don't mock me. I know this poem's bad.

For Round Two, Jayn's Family has decided to submit The KHV Chronicles for our entry. This poem represents are collective feels about KHV because it is so eccentric and random ahahahahaha. yep.

[​IMG]CLOSING NOTE //.

I know you all wish I were apart of your family, because I would definitely lead you all to victory, but unfortunately I cannot participate. :'C I know, I know. Please allow my creative genius to inspire you instead!

If you have any questions, message me! Good luck to you all!

9. Jayn

Two days left!!

10. Jayn

One day extension via request.

11. Krowley Moderator

Four years its been, if I recall
    Since I had heard the KH call.

I came for vids and AMVs,
    but stayed for the community.

My posts were rare and often ranged,
    So really, not a lot has changed.

I now report, help with the site,
    and do my best to do what's right.

At times, I feel I could do more,
    so choose to leave an open door.

I do my part, and that's what counts,
    I'm so glad I made this account.

-------------------------------------------------------

For Round Two, Project Nocturne is submitting "Krowley's Report." This poem is short but more or less gets the point as to Krowely's lifespan on KHV. It's not much, but there isn't much to me either, haha.

12. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

With hearts of golden liquid cast to meet the wings of silent folk
    Who shine their gaze upon the board with laughter, smiles, and harmless joke
    How this provides a way to hear the social whispers that left broke
    Our distrust, silence, lack of voice, and grow mature like wisened oaks

For Challenge number two, The Kuroshitsuji Family has decided to submit "Unnamed poem #1" <丶´Д`> This poem..is..I don't know.

13. Jayn

Alright, time is up. Judges can start judging. We have until Saturday.

14. Jayn

1-day judge extension granted per request.

Project Nocturne

Interpretation: {5/20} Gave you a 5 because you understood it was supposed to be a poem about what KHV means to you, but didn't seem to actually read the rules or the post.
    Creativity: {10/20} Yep.
    Effort: {5/20} It seems you (Krowley) tried, in regards to making the poem. However, there was -49248 effort when it came to bringing everyone together and actually discussing it. Because it's the Forum Family games, one person ... Well, yeah.
    Product: {6/20} The poem itself was cute, but because it was ... Well, one person, and because it didn't follow the rules at all, I have to score low here.
    Total: 26/80

Comments: Meh.

The Kuroshitsuji Family

Interpretation: {20/20} You understood.
    Creativity: {16/20} Pretty abstract.
    Effort: {15/20} Started out strong in the thread, ended weak.
    Product: {19/20} I didn't really understand the poem, but art will be art.
    Total: 70/80

All in all it seems things have dwindled and interest is lost. I don't really ... see much of a purpose in continuing/working on the challenges and such if it doesn't seem like it matters at all and the other families didn't even try, and all of the judges besides Judge (heh) and myself vanished. I think this competition is about coming together and putting forth a collaborative effort which seems very difficult for some of you, haha. That being said, I'm thinking I'll just end it here after Judge scores.

15. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks Jayn! Sorry for my lateness, I'll make it up to you. Here we go:

_Project Nocturne
    Interpretation: 10/20. I prefer to weight each guideline equally, so by overlooking just one of the two major ones (theme and form), IMO, your score here shouldn't be as low as in Jayn's review. (And Jayn, before you stop by to murder me again for incompetent judging, keep in mind this is still a sub-par score...)
    Creativity: 9/20. Well, uhm... Idk what to put here honestly. 'Twas not really that creative of a poem per se, but it'll have to do.
    Effort: 1/20. Because 1 poem was written by 1 person, instead of 1 family. No1 seemed to care, not even 1 post was made in your family thread. Kudos, this was 1 heck of a "1" parade.
    Product: 14/20. I did like it. Simplistic poetry is simply awesome. Although, a few parts felt unnecessary. You could have even managed to keep it within the line limit, with better planning. -1 point due to capitalization inconsistency at the beginning of verses. (Yes, I'm that picky.)
    Total: 34/80.
    Comments: Read. The. Guidelines. And. Work. As. A. Team.

_Kuroshitsuji
    Interpretation: 20/20. Same as Project Nocturne's. Except you got both things right.
    Creativity: 17/20. Metaphors! Personifications! All the good figurative stuff. One thing though, aren't "silence" and "lack of voice" sort of the same? In a piece this small, I'm not sure repetitions are a good thing.
    Effort: 12/20. Aside from Feenie's couple of posts at the start, you had an over two pages-long to and fro conversation. This is great, but, as much as I'd like to score you higher for /your/ effort, girls, like the parameters state ("effort [...] put into the challenge as a team"), few people=little effort.
    Product: 13/20. Well, I spot a big syntax gap here. There doesn't seem to be a main clause in these (excuse my layman's terms, not a native english speaker): First verse is clause-dependant because the "With" is indicating a simultaneous happening; second verse refers on the already incomplete first; 3rd-4th verses are also an incomplete sentence, i.e., "How this provides a way"--the sentence's core--needs its own verb. Anyway, while I do understand the main ideas you're trying to get through, you got it somewhat iffy grammatically-wise.
    Total: 62/80.
    Comments: I'm starting to see a trend here. Too bad it's already over, apparently.

_D.O.O.D.S.
    &
    _I.N.V.S.P. [Gotta have my share of fun with this...]
    Interpretation: 45/20. Terrific! Wow, such honesty to say that KHV means zilch to yo-- What's that, Jayn? Hold on just a minute, folks.

--

Ok, so I've just been informed by the boss that I can't grade your poems the same way as the other's, and that they have to be fulminated by nullity. To you illiterates, that means you get a chubby "0" score. Who'd have thought, huh?
    Total: 0/80 & 0/80.

While we're at it, I have an idea for your games, Jayn. What if the participants had to be newly-formed groups of, idk, 4-6+ people, instead of an entire family? Think the Wonderland Event, only with bigger groups. By removing the "Forum Families Only" restriction, we'd have both the possibility of more Users joining, and stronger commitment. Something as big as an entire family is very prone to be housing inactive and/or uninterested components. If they have to build a smaller team SPECIFICALLY for the games, it is more than likely that they really WANT to participate and aren't just being dragged along by their family, ya dig?

Just throwing thoughts at the wall here. I'd really like this to go on and become an actual thing, like a KHV-lympics.

16. Jayn

Mmkay! Thank you very much. Obviously the Kuroshitsuji family won.

Also, Judge. I believe I did say that families could be made just for the competition? Either here or in the interest check thread, I said it. That's fine by me, but I don't want to remove the Family aspect because ... Well, that's the point. I created the FFG to give Forum Families specifically something--considering they really don't have anything.

17. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

I see. Hm, I cannot think of any other way to boost participation in this project, given its designated purpose.

Very well, then. This was fun, guys! Glad to have helped.

18. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

It may or may not just be me, but i think it could have been just this particular challenge that didn't get much attention.

19. Jayn

Thanks guys, feedback appreciated! Well, I'm taking this not just from this competition. It could just be this challenge, but in that's kind of ... a terrible thing and very disheartening for the creator of the challenges /cough/. I have a lot to do and when interest dwindles or only the bare minimum is returned, eeeeeh. Doesn't feel too great, and definitely doesn't inspire continuity .

In addition to that only four families were competing anyway and from the beginning, not that there are very many active families to begin with ... even the largest of the families only have a few participants. That being said, I'm not scraping TFFG, because I think that Forum Families needs more love, but I am going back to the drawing board. Suggestions continue to be appreciated and thought upon.