Dream Drop Distance The Case of the Vanishing Keyblade Wielders

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ars Nova, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

This was brought up in another thread, and I figured it deserved its own. Obviously, KH3D spoilers abound, so be careful.

So ok. Here are the facts we know:
    • For Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery exam, they were to dive into sleeping worlds and awaken them.
    • Since they are last seen in Yen Sid's tower before embarking on their dream expedition, it can be assumed they were asleep in Yen Sid's quarters, or somewhere nearby.
    • At some point while the two are asleep, they are led to The World that Never Was, presumably through a Dream Dive since they are shown diving into it in-game.
    • At another point while exploring the area, Sora is captured by the Organization and taken to their headquarters.
    • The rest of the KH crew was forced to enter the base to rescue him, implying he was physically moved from Yen Sid's tower.
    Important questions here: How was Sora moved? Was he awakened at some point, or was he somehow physically warped to TWtNW while sleeping? How did Riku get there? Was he moved, too? If the Org. was behind it, why would they bother? And if he did it himself, how? If no moving at all took place, does that mean everyone else dove into the dreaming worlds to find them? In that case, how did Lea figure it out by himself (since no one knew he was coming)? And most importantly, how did Yen Sid, Donald, or Goofy not notice any of this wtf guys come on. I mean as I recall Maleficent was involved but still.

2. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I think it was still in Sora's dreams personally. Xigbar/Braig said it was tough putting Sora into a "Second Sleep" and I'm not sure if that means asleep in his dream or he had put him to sleep twice. I don't know how they realized Sora was in trouble though so that's a problem to this theory. To me it just seems right since the wardrobe changes stay while they're in The World That Never Was. I mean, it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

3. A Zebra Chaser

Dreams and time travel, does that answer your question?

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Aw c'mon, we can at least try to rationalize it. It may not be real, but it ought to have rules.

5. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

He was still in his dreams. That's why Dolan, Gooby, Mickey and Yen Sid "didn't notice." Question answered. Short thread, yaay.

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

So how did they find out? Why couldn't one or both of the kids have just dipped out when they saw trouble brewin'? If they were only there in their dreams, how were they trapped?

7. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

Idunno, maybe there was like darkness surrounding them or something ominous like that. But they WERE in the dreams, otherwise they wouldn't be in their dream clothes. The scenes where they had their normal clothes, WHILE in the dream worlds were just to confuse Sora/Riku into thinking they were out of the dream worlds. And they were trapped because they fell to far into their dreams :b Lmao, did you even play/watch the game? [x

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Bro, you're missing the point. I know very well how it went down, but all you're doing is regurgitating what the game provided, and there are inconsistencies with that. Think about the implications. Why didn't anybody else get new duds when they dove in? What was the point of dressing them up in the first place? How did no one else get trapped in TWtNW if they went into the dream world to follow Sora and Riku? And if they went there in person, how did they retrieve the two at all? Can a person effectively be in two places at once using a dream dive? One way or another, it raises some questions.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

There minds are what woke up. It's like they had been separated from their actual bodies. It may not make sense but that is my theory on how they kept the duds and other things....

10. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

They're still in the dream realm, apparently. But the question about Lea is still a mystery to me.

11. 61 No. B

We must not be talking about the same Kingdom Hearts.
    Kingdom Hearts has no rules, and if it does the writers won't hesitate to break them.

That's how we get things like this. There are a lot of instances like this in KH where we have no idea how or what happened. There are somethings that you just can't logic in KH, be it for lack of information, or lack of rules.

We shouldn't have to be asking questions like this, it should be told to us. DDD beaks all the rules and doesn't apologize for it. As much as I like the game, it is by far the most haphazardly told story in all of KH.

It should be obvious to everyone by know that KH makes no attempts to get involved with logic. This relates to what I said about what I would change in that other thread. This is a perfect example of what I said needs to be fixed, and how they can pretty much do whatever want with the games.

12. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Am I seeing a SlyFoxHound reference here?

13. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Or just a Dolan reference. One can never have too much Dolan.

14. Shift Chaser

Sora got one because they needed to put the mark of heresy on him without him suspecting.
    Riku got one to simbolize the fact he became a Dream Eater of sorts.

Of course, Sora'd just need an X added and Riku a DE symbol added, but they needed an excuse to redesign the characters.

TWTNW is a world in-between the Dream Realm and Light Realm, so i'd guess since Sora and Riku entered it from a dream, they'd be only able to leave to another Dream, while everyone else who entered there from the Light Realm was restricted to the Light Realm.
    That's just me though.

I'm not sure if it's explicity said otherwise, but I guess they probably didn't go there to retrieve Sora and Riku, but secure their hearts or whatever instead, and as soon as the Org was gone and peventing Sora from waking up, they used whatever magic they use to get them back into their bodies.

If that place is TWTNW yeah, but that's due to it's special nature, and even then one self would have to be asleep.
    I'm not sure how it'd work elsewhere, or if it would at all.

Sadly there's also this.
    I'm still mad at they not even handwaving why Timeless River rules completely contradict the newer Time Travel mechanics >_>

15. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Maybe because Xehanort isn't as smart as Merlin and doesn't know how to make giant doors to the past so that he could do whatever he wants. I dunno. Just a thought.

16. Shift Chaser

Alright, Merlin got the whole wizard thing going on for him, but freakin Pete also did it, there's no excuse for that.

17. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

... :0 I love you. HOMIES UNITE!

I suppose TECHNICALLY it is a Dolan meme reference, but I was thinking of Sly when I wrote that :P

18. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

:p yeah go homies lol.

19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

He used the POWER OF BELIEF.

...Yeah no that does seem kind of odd. Maybe it works because all of the TR time travel revolves around the Cornerstone? I dunno, just throwing it out there.

20. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

It's likely possible... I don't know how though...