Dream Drop Distance The Case of the Vanishing Keyblade Wielders

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ars Nova, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Well, time travel is possible relative to points in history where the traveler has been. Maybe it's possible to go back into the history of an object as well.

That would explain it in the case of Sora and crew. In Pete's case, well... he was there. We all know that.

2. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

You're actually right, mate. Do you think that Xehanort's version of Time Travel is different from when Sora and the crew (Donald and Goofy) went to Timeless River?

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Much as I'd love to continue speculating, I feel as if we're a bit off-topic now.

I would say "another thread" but that's how the mess of a thread we're in got started so perhaps it's best to leave it

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Ok then. I'll just go back to topic. Like what I said before, I don't know how Lea went to the Dream Realm in the first place. But Yen Sid probably put Donald, Goofy and Mickey to sleep so that they would rescue Sora.

5. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I guess Nomura really just has fallen into the mindset of "What would be cool to see" instead of what makes sense. There's only so many times I'll buy "A wizard did it" as an answer before I realize that you're a poor storyteller, and honestly I think Nomura has reached that point. Maybe if he didn't divert his attention on that Final Fantasy game he's been trying to push out for 5+ years we'd have a story that makes sense. If KH"3" ever does get released, it will probably make the least sense of all.

6. Shift Chaser

Xehanort's time travel requires giving up your body and then you can go backwards only once, from there on it was only forward until you get another body.
    Meanwhile, Pete and Sora could go and come as they please.

But like you said, this is not what the topic's about, so let's just leave it at that.

The problem here is the lack of explanations, not bad explanations.
    The only time they used "A wizard did it" was with Yensid's mad redecoration skills that didn't change anything at all but made the tower look different.

And Versus may be holding back KH3, but as hard as it is, Nomura isn't diverting his attention from the KH story, at least not much.
    He wrote BBS and the entire Days script while Versus was in production (If you can call it that), he just messed up on 3D because it raised too many questions in the end.
    And while it does suck and makes a lot of stuff seem like bad writing, we can't assume the explanation will be bad just because it's not there yet, or else I'd have given up the series when Sora, Roxas and Xion were swimging the same keyblade around with no explanation.

7. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I still don't fully understand that, honestly.

Maybe it's just my age that's beginning to ruin the KH experience for me; I was a kid when the first game came out and maybe the fact that I'm 10 years older just means that the games aren't targeted to me anymore; maybe a younger person wouldn't care as much... It doesn't excuse what I consider to be "poor writing and foresight" but maybe I'm making it a bigger issue that it should be.

8. Shift Chaser

Sora was wielding his, Roxas's Ven's, Xion was a fake. Roxas switched to Sora's somewhere after CoM, probably after he woke up from Xion drawing too much power from him.
    That I can understand.
    It's harder to notice something that doesn't appeal to you in the story when you're younger, most kids are more worried about bashing monsters with a gigant blunt key alongside characters they love than asking what the hell's going on.
    Anyways, everyone's entitled to their opinion, so I'll just shut up now before this tread goes too far.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I personally don't notice most of the plot holes until people mention them. This is because to me either the answer seems obvious (meaning I come up with excuses fast.), or I expect it to be revisited in the next KH to discover what happened. It just makes sense to me that there would be holes because Numora wants fans of the series to speculate. He states that through speculation people can continue to have fun and be happy with a game far after they are done playing it. (Not in those exact words.) So this and every other discussion thread on the topic of KH is expertly fulfilling that purpose.

As for how they disappeared, it seems to me they were one room over in the wardrobe room. They were in the real world because, to take the test it was most likely because to take the test they didn't just say "Let's go to the dream world by lying down and taking a nap!" It was more like "I'm going to put you in an enchanted sleep from which you cannot awake until you finish your goal. It will allow you to freely explore the dream world instead of merely peering into its depths as if it were a regular dream." So to be specific, it's like their spirits are no longer in their bodies so that they can use the realm of dreams to take the test. Because of this, their spirits were given physical bodies in the dream realm. Once they had physical bodies, it wasn't really an issue to lure them into "real" worlds. So they kept those bodies. As for how the others got there, Mickey said: "Follow their hearts and you'll find the way..." So basically in my eyes they just sensed their location and traveled to TWTNW as soon as they pinpointed their location; after all there was enough time to get there from between when Sora and Riku first got there to when they needed to save sora.

So that is my hypothesis. It might not make sense, but at least -I- get it. It wouldn't be a very good explanation if the person who thought of it didn't get it, right?

10. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

This actually makes sense. Not to mention how Yen Sid can actually track where people are, displayed in Birth By Sleep.