The Destined

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destined, Jul 4, 2007.

?

Who should the 7th and Final member of Nex's Destined be?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2007.
  1. Seymour (FFX)

56.0%
  2. Wario (nintendo)

8.0%
  3. Gaston (Disney)

12.0%
  4. surprise from left field

24.0%
  1. Destined Working for WDW

It's ok Rinn. I have a question to ask, when did Riku ever turn evil? If i recall (I should) Dest took over Riku's body...

2. sorarulz Traverse Town Homebody

*glomps Link* HOLY FRENCH TOAST! ITS LINK!!
    She's in denile, just leave her alone, and she'll be fine..

3. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Prey

LUXORD POV

Luxord is shocked to find his beloved popcorn stolen. Now he will have to pop more! So he goes to the slow Organization Microwave oven. Placing the buttered popcorn packet inside,( I'll just plug-in the name "Orville".)
    Then he here's the clinking of dices falling down the stairs to the hall of Empty Melodies!
    "Oh no! Xigbar must have found my damn dices again!" Luxord annoyingly says with a English accent.
    As soon as he evaporates to face his dice-stealer.

SEBAX POV

Sebax peeps around the corner and waits for the *BEEP*. Taking the smoking bag in hand, he also Evaporates.

SEBAX, DEMYX, XIGBAR POV

Sebax, Demyx, and Xigbar all share delicous popcorn as luxord is stuck trying to take his dice away from a Demyx water clone.

YAY TEAMWORK!!

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

ohhhhhh... i guess i didnt catch that...

no i will not be fine (unless riku gives me a hug =D)

*steals popcorn from sebax, demyx, and xigbar*
    *pops the demmy clone tormenting luxord*
    =D

5. sorarulz Traverse Town Homebody

*steals popcorn from KingdomKey*
    *Cries with Demyx*
    :D

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

*steals popcorn back and stuffs face*
    *brings out UBER MEGA ULTRA LARGE sized soda*

7. Wacko Twilight Town Denizen

This fanfic is so awsome, my brain melts with it's genius. PLEASE DO MORE!!!!

8. Cutsman Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh got it I like this version too!

oh and the people with the popcorn and what-not, i have a solution.
    I walk up, steal all the popcorn, destroys all human life as we know it, except Destined, and force him to write me more stories as indulge myself in popcorn! How'd you Like ME NOW!?

9. Wacko Twilight Town Denizen

It doesn't matter. I got chocolate.

10. Cutsman Gummi Ship Junkie

DANGIT...... *walks away throwing his popcorn down*

PS sorry for the spam!

11. Destined Working for WDW

Umm guys? Shouldn't this be part of the RPG...instead of spam?:blink:

Anyway, here's an update guys: I have a four day weekend coming up...plus we received a foot of snow plus another 8 inches coming so it's highly likely that my college classes are going to be canceled, so i should be finishing this story with in a day or at least before Monday.

Also, I would like to thank you all for reading this story and having come along with me on the journey. 7 months ago when i started this, I had no idea it would receive this much enjoyment throughout the forum.

So again, thank you all, even if i've been branded a murderer of a legend. haha

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

sorry, its just kind of turned into spam

THIS STORY IS ROCKIN X INFINITY!!! HUZZAH!!!!

and one more thing:
    *has chocolate covered popcorn*
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BEAT THAT! XD

13. sorarulz Traverse Town Homebody

for shizal, keep going my homie! ^^ you are rocking!

14. Destined Working for WDW

Friends, last Fourth of July, I sat at this very desk trying to piece together an idea that had been developing in my head about what would happen if a portal were to open that would blend Kingdom Hearts, Nintendo and Final Fantasy?

Now, 7 months later, I am proud to post the conclusion to Destined, it's been a ride. I've made many friends through this story, and I'm humbled to know that so many of you have taken the time to read my work...even after killing off an icon.

Thank you all, D.

Now I present, the finale.

Chapter 24:
    Eternal Dreams
    One Week Later​
    The morning sky arose to a quiet stillness, the clouds remained distant as persons old and young, from different worlds and reaches of the universe arrived at Disney Castle. Once word had spread that the Keyblade War was over, at the cost of one so admired, that all wished to offer their condolences to the fallen leader.

One by one, the precession passed through the magnificent castle grounds, the walls and tapestries decorated in black shrouds. At the entrance to the Castle’s Audience Chamber, rested a bronze likeness of the late King hoisting a keyblade high over a rocky cliff, as gold and silver waves crashed against it.

As the mourners past the monument, they entered through the large doors and found themselves surrounded by oceans of pews and chairs all facing the daize where a beautifully crafted gold casket rested.

Nearly a full two hours passed in silence as the last few arrived and entered the standing room only funeral. As the flow died down, Yen Sid rose and approached a wooden podium off set from the casket, he cleared his throat and gazed out across the fellow mourners.

“Friends one and old: thank you for honoring us with your attendance as we pay tribute to our late king. Since the moment Mickey arrived at my tower eager to become my apprentice, I knew he would become a mouse of great importance and affection. Since his early days as apprentice and steamboat captain, to his determination to unite a torn universe plagued by the forces of power and greed, Mickey had been by our side through the trials, and the laughter.â€

“It is with great sadness that we lay to rest the person who risked so much to save that which is most important: friendship. For without it, the very ideology our kingdom has founded on would crumble. Wars come, battles may wage, but as long as we are there for one another, we will overcome and see the promise and dreams tomorrow has yet give.â€

Yen Sid raised his hand, brushing away a stream of tears from his eyes as he turned and found Queen Minnie sitting in the front row. “We shall follow in his footsteps your majesty, carrying on that wish. We will see tomorrow soar.â€

Yen Sid nodded slowly to Minnie and stepped down. As he did, he smiled at the individuals seated next to the Queen. Sora returned the smile and squeezed Kairi’s hand and stepped slowly up to the podium.

Sora gazed across the sea of faces, recognizing many who had befriended him over the last few years. He closed his eyes, trying to form the words that would mean the most to memorialize the King, but opened them as a small cough drew his attention. Looking down he saw Jimminy Cricket resting on the podium’s edge, his journal slowly filling. He removed his stovetop hat and smiled at Sora.

“Always let your conscience be your guide.â€

Sora nodded and exhaled. “Two years ago, I sat on an island gazing at the stars and the open ocean as far as I could see, wishing to leave the island, and see other worlds. I remember thinking to myself that there was always another adventure around the horizon. The last thing advice the King told me was to stand united.†Sora said, his eyes moving from Kairi to the Queen.

“Many of you here took me in, a lost boy looking for his best friends. Not one of you knew me, or Riku or Kairi, but that didn’t matter to you because you saw a friend in need because you each knew what it was like to be thrown into a new world.â€

“Thanks to King Mickey, I learned that as long as everything which is good is still inside me, there was purpose for my pain.â€

Sora stepped back, placing his hands behind his black suit. A chill went down his spine as he felt like he was wearing an Organization XIII cloak…plus he still hadn’t gotten used to the neck tie.

Many more speakers rose and recounted their adventures and life experiences with the King. After an hour, a trumpet began to play near the doors, as Queen Minnie stood, the audience did as well. A humble smile crossed Sora’s face as Goofy, Donald, Kairi, Ty and Link rose and stepped forward along with Sora, taking their spot along side the casket. Minnie began to tear up as she led the pallbearers slowly down the center isle.

Sora walked slowly, matching the tempo which Donald and Goofy preceeded, his eyes rose and met Kairi’s. She nodded thinking the same thing: Riku should be here.

They continued on, passing the Princesses of Heart, the entire Disney Navy at attention and countless familiar faces. But as Sora prepared to cross the threshold of the doors, his head spun to the left seeing a head of yellow hair vanish in the crowd. He tried to look again, but whoever it had been was gone as they exited the Chamber and snaked their way through the castle, to the entrance of the Cornerstone Garden.

Kairi opened her mouth in surprise as the beauty unfolded around them as hanging willow branches swung lazily in the breeze, casting enough light to keep the mood peaceful. The bearers followed the queen along a sweeping path and across a stream by way of a simple stone bridge, stopping before an empty grave.

The grave was situated besides another grave, a gold statue resting between the two gravesites. Minnie, Donald, and Goofy each bowed their heads in respect. Kairi examined the statue, seeing that it was an older man dressed in a suit. A large, warm smile etched underneath twinkling eyes and a clean cut mustache.

Link and Ty stepped back, standing next to Sora and Kairi as the three that had known the king the closest said their regards. Donald began to speak, but the words caught in the back of his throat and all he could do was moan and weep. Goofy removed his hat, his eyes large and sad. “It won’t be the same around here without you your majesty. We’ll do the best we can, you can always count on us.â€

They stepped off to the side as Minnie slowly stepped forward, resting her hands and head on the casket. An odd calm came across her face as wordlessly she bid farewell to her beloved King. Kairi brushed away her tears as she slowly entwined her other hand in Soras.

When Minnie had stood, Ty began to slowly lower the casket into the ground as somewhere far off, the whispering melody of a piano began to sweep through the castle as a clock tower began to chime, coupled with cannon fire off in the distance of Disney Lake, where the Black Pearl and Dutchman resided.

When the casket came to rest, Kairi turned and embraced Sora, pushing her face deep into his shoulder. Sora’s eyes rose up to a spire that overlooked the hidden garden and saw a young girl’s head gazing out the window.

Rinn sat next to the small window, hearing the clock tower clang, each chime like a nail stabbing deeper into her heart. As it faded away, the chirps from the medical equipment returned as Riku lay unconscious in the hospital room, not having moved since after Sora and Kairi discovered Dest’s attack and escape.

Rinn closed her eyes as her mind returned to the funeral concluding below, but it continued to the funeral of last night, where her father, and the other brave pilots were laid to rest after the assault on the Death Star.

She opened her eyes and stared at Riku, twiddling with her necklace and medal that she had been awarded for saving Disney Castle, but as she sat in the hospital wing, it all seemed bittersweet.

So much fighting, and death; for what? Terrorizing innocent people so that one crazy man could cement fear into their lives for his end game? She shook her head, war wasn’t worth it. Since the attack on Zelda’s temple on Hyrule to this moment, she had been forced to grow beyond her years, casting aside her entire childhood.

Well…not all of it, she smiled as she looked over at Riku, I told you I’d see you again.
    Riku groaned and cringed as he continued to suffer from an unknown virus or sickness. Rinn stood and walked over to the sink and warmed another strip of clothe and draped it across his forehead. “You’ll fight through this Riku, you’re a fighter. Your friends are here for you.â€

She moved back over to the window and saw that Sora and Kairi had left the grave. Her eyes roamed to a flock of doves escaping across the far spire, racing across the sky. An odd metallic click turned her attention from outside, to the door to the hall slightly ajar and open. As she did, a new beeping began to scream from Riku’s monitor and she gasped. Riku’s bed was empty.

As the clock tower chime echoed into silence, slowly the masses began to talk amongst themselves; some returning to their respective worlds.

Axel slowly walked amongst everyone, feeling lost, disconnected. A nobody doesn’t feel love or loss, but they aren’t supposed to feel any connections to others, he thought as he watched Hayner, Pence and Olette pass by.

It felt like ages since he and Roxas had last met on Twilight Town. As he was recollecting, a hand lightly poked his side. He began to turn but froze as he saw Rebecca holding out a salty sweet ice cream treat.

“I’ve not had one of those in a long time…†he remarked accepting the treat.

“You’ve done a lot for me Axel; well more than I had ever expected. I just thought this would cheer you up.â€

Axel smiled. “We’ve been through a lot haven’t we? Here,†he motioned, summoning a portal of darkness, “your ticket home.â€

Rebecca stopped eating, and gazed quizzically at the portal. “But we’ve not found Sora yet, I can’t go back till we do.â€

“Sometime I’ll run into him again, you’ve got a brother and a father who are worried about you, I’d be selfish to drag you across the stars trying to find him. Trust me.â€

Rebecca’s eyes began to glare, but her mouth quivered as a small smile formed.
    “Listen Axe-head, someone wanted me to give this to you†she stated, handing him a small envelope.
    Axel took it, and began to open it but stopped as a small handheld mirror fell into his hand. He began to ask a question but stopped as Rebecca pointed at the reflective surface. Axel raised it up, seeing his reflection. “I don’t see how—“

“Keep looking.†She demanded.

Axel stared into the mirror and was about to put it away until over his left shoulder, a crowd dissolved, Roxas standing in their place, grinning.

“He told me you were a sucker for these things†Rebecca laughed as Roxas stepped forward.

“How…you can’t be, Sora…Powers?â€

Roxas laughed again, shaking his golden hair. “Don’t ask me Axel. Sora and I became separated when he fought Dest, same thing happened to Kairi and Naminè when Ganon put her into a suspended sleep. I’ve been trying to find him for the past few days, “his smiled vanished, replaced by a hard grim frown, “we have to find Dest, Axel.â€

Axel shook his head, still trying to accept this turn of events. “Any ideas? He disappeared when the King was killed. Do you think Sora knows anything?â€

Roxas glanced over his shoulder in the direction Sora and the others had departed. “Sora wouldn’t lie. He says he doesn’t know, he doesn’t. He’s been through under enough stress this last year, he deserves a break. Besides,†he stated lifting up his black hood, “He told me this would happen.â€

“Who? Sora?â€

“No, Ansem.â€

Rebecca checked her watch, kicking an invisible stone away from her foot. Axel turned having momentarily forgotten about her. She nodded. “Now we are even.â€

“Thanks Rebecca. Maybe we’ll meet up again sometime.â€

“Call me Becca. My family is not going to believe any of this. Maybe I’ll write all this down, it could make an interesting story.†She laughed as Rebecca jumped into the portal, returning to the home that she had never intended to leave.

As she did, Roxas and Axel began to follow the crowd moving towards the space docking bay. “Any ideas where to go?†he asked.

Roxas nodded, extracting a small envelope. Adorning the front of it, were the words: To be read by Roxas in the event of the Kings death. He tore open the flap and extracted a slip of paper that was filled with coordinates, and two names: Alex and Hiero, Numbers 15 and 16.

“The lost two…â€

“It would appear as though I have the makings of my own fleet.†Captain Sparrow smiled widely as he watched his Pearl sway lazily in the harbor.

Tsukasa raised an eyebrow as he watched Jack massage the scar from where his heart had been cut out. He drummed his hand on a long, elegant saber that Will Turner had awarded to him for his bravery at World’s End. “You know Jack, seeing as how the Pearl is rightfully yours, where as you are forced to sail for all eternity aboard the Dutchman, why would a Captain need to ships?â€

Jack’s smile vanished as he turned to look at Tsukasa. He noticed that the boy who had saved his life at Outcast Bay seemed to fit nicely as a pirate, not withstanding now that he had requested the very thing Jack had been fighting for since Port Royal.

“What makes you suspect that I would so frivolously hand over the wheel of MY ship, to a lad who revels in my glory?â€

Tsukasa shrugged, removing from his chest pocket his playing card that held the soul of former Captain Barbossa. “I just thought it would be cool. I finally realized something since the Bay: with a ship, I don’t have to tag along with anyone and try to be their friends to live their live. With a ship, I have the freedom to go wherever I please, feel the wind in my face. That’s living.â€

Jack’s smile warmly returned, seeing a bit of his younger self staring back at him. “I know exactly what you mean Captain Tsukasa.â€

Tsukasa turned, wide-eyed with shock.

“But don’t think that I will not be keeping tabs on my ship, seeing as how you are barrowing, WITH permission.â€

The Captains shook hands as the sun began to sink lower over the horizon line. A small cough brought Jack back to reality as he turned motioning for them to come forwards.

Aerith and Auron stepped up to the wheel as Jack turned smiling warmly. “You both thought I’d forget a friend eh? Be it no bother. Auron, I honor the debt owed to you by Jones. You are free.â€

Auron closed his good eye and smiled, a forgotten warmth coursing through his heart and veins again. Jack turned to Aerith and sighed. “That attire doesn’t flatter you at all, it should be a dress or nothing and I happen to have no dress in my cabin.â€

Aerith blushed, but composed herself as Jack smiled at the joke. “A little humor goes along way, savvy? Aerith, I present to you your freedom from the Dutchman and it’s former captains debt, and after a long and dreary hiatus abroad, your night in shiny armor.†Jack concluded nodding toward the deck.

Cloud Strife stood leaning against the forward mast, his Buster sword sticking out from the deck boards. He smiled up at Aerith, his blonde spikes blowing in the wind. Tsukasa marveled in the friendship that passed between Aerith and Cloud as she moved down and embraced him.

“It’s a rare thing, when someone would go to the ends of the Earth and beyond just to get one last look at the one who brought so much happiness to their life. Makes me itchy for Tortuga eh? Farewell young Tsukasa. May the wind be strong and your leadership never mutinied upon.†Jack stated, as he removed his compass as the troop made their way to the longboats to take them ashore. “Now then, bring me that horizon.â€

The Dutchman slowly pulled away from the port and world of Disney Castle, and vanished into a burst of green light as the sun sank beneath the setting sun.

As the sun vanished and the candles began to grow in brilliance against the stark empty blackness of the approaching evening, Donald, Goofy and Sora began to move of talking amongst themselves as they discussed what had happened since the defeat of the Organization. Kairi smiled as Sora’s boyish mannerisms began to return, something she feared would never appear again.

Queen Minnie approached behind Kairi and sighed, remembering the letters Mickey would send her telling her about Sora and his adventures. “It’s not going to be the same around here.â€

Kairi turned and hugged Minnie, both releasing pent up tears. As kairi began to pull away, Minnie pulled her closer. “The King left you a gift in the library, I need you to come with me and Jiminy†she whispered, making sure Sora wouldn’t overhear.

Kairi began to form a question, but Minnie stopped her. “It is of grave importance. Sora can’t know.â€

Kairi looked back at Sora, her heart feeling out of place. She nodded and followed Minnie into the depths of the castle. Sora turned and noticed they were missing. “Huh?’

Goofy peered over Sora’s head and checked his watch. “That’s right, Queen Minnie had to attend the reading of the Will. She’ll be back.â€

“But where did Kairi go?†Sora asked, his heart starting to worry.

“Stop worrying,†Donald smacked Sora upside the head, “I saw here heading up towards the staircase to Riku’s room.â€

Sora nodded as the group began to talk again, moving towards the gardens.

**********​
    One hour later

Kairi exited the library, a degree of shock and bewilderment painted across her face as she pocketed the gift of the King. Minnie exited as well, catching up to Kairi.

“Sora must not know until the time is right. Everything must go smoothly or I fear the Keyblade War may be the least of our worries. We are all counting on you Princess Kairi.â€

They rounded a corner and nearly collided with Sora, Donald and Goofy as they skidded to a stop. “Kairi!! We’ve been looking all over for you!! I thought you were kidnapped again.â€

Kairi leaned forward and punched him in the arm. “You think that every time I’m out of your site I’m defenseless? Not on your life.†She fumed, but secretly felt sadness.

“I was showing Kairi around the castle Sora.†The Queen interjected.

Sora shook his head as he rubbed his arm. “You don’t have to hit me, I just wanted to make sure that you were all right.â€

Kairi smiled inside, the King’s gift flashing forwards in her mind. “That’s you Sora, my knight in shining armor.â€

The group turned and gazed up as the stars began to twinkle and burn into existence millions of miles away as ships big and smalparted the world.

“Do you think it will ever be same?†Sora asked.

Kairi stared at the sky, holding his hand. “You mean you miss the days of sitting on Destiny Island bored?â€

“Sometimes, but I mean, will the wars ever stop?â€

Queen Minnie lowered her head, “Somewhere there will always be suffering at the hands of others, but as long as there are those who fight for a better world, it will be worth every battle.â€

Sora and Kairi nodded as they gazed up and watched a shooting star streak across the brilliant blackness, feeling once again, at peace.

The End

15. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Omg!!

YOU PUT WALT DISNEY'S GRAVE AT DISNEY CASTLE!!!???

I WAS WONDERING WHO THE OLDER MAN WITH A MUSTACHE WAS!!!

Hitler, Sadam Hussan, Sonny, (Of Sonny and Cher) Then it hit me!

Nice add, I just replied after I read that ppart, I'll read further on.

oh.....
    my........
    ekkin'.........
    Goshnes.........

THAT WAS Ekkin' amazing!

How you ended that was brilliant. I read the end without reading the whole Fanfic, but I can gather that Axel isn't dead, eh?

Awesome!
    ____________________________________________________________________________

A lone popcorn cornel is left from the last theivery.

Sebax looks to Demyx who looks to him, who both look to Xigbar... who's pick his nose with one of his sniper shooters.

And then Sebax and Demyx battle for the last cornel, destroying it in the process and knocking each other out. And Xigbar acidentally shot a sniper shot while picking his nose and now his nose is on fire! (I know I just continued the spam, but hey, it is fun, yes? Plus, I Just did it in my own post, so It's not like I'm spamming all over the place.)

16. sorarulz Traverse Town Homebody

AW SNAP! *dresses into black clothes in 1 second*
    "I've know Mickey since...... since... I WAS A BABY! He's always been my shining star for inspiration, but because DESTINIED HAD TO KILL HIM, I mourn his death."
    *cries* AW!! SO CUTE!!! your still a Mickey killer but... SO CUTE!! You should REALLY make another one (kinda like this, execpt it picks off from where this left off) and I'll be there, saying "for shizal my homie! ^^ Your rocking, keep going" all the way intill the end. But seriously my homie, you can't just leave us hanging here. What about Riku? Sora? Kairi's present? Cloud and Aerith? Rinn? Ty? Link? ZELDA? you really made a bad idea ending it! ^^ later my homie!

17. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Holy
    friggin
    crack
    on
    a
    sandwich
    o.O
    i almost cried (keyword being almost)
    and sorarulz, calm down, i belive there is an epilogue, correct?
    ...im such a hipocrite
    *sings song from this weeks top vid* (its stuck in my head)

*laughs at sebax, demmy, and xiggy*

18. sorarulz Traverse Town Homebody

I Will Not Calm Down!! Cause I Am Calm! Destinied Killed A Legend, Kairi Got A Secret Present Thing, Riku Is Dying (haha) And I My Life Is A Lifeless, Pointless, Cold Shell Without Mickey!!!

19. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

eh...what?confusing,but very very very descriptive.

20. Fearless A good and beautiful child

ur scaring me...
    AND DONT U LAUGH AT MEH RIKU-CHAN!!!!!!!!!!