The end of the world? 2012

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Oct 12, 2007.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes, I think the world will end on this date.

9.0%
  2. Nah, the chances are slim-da-nil.

91.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I think that depending how long that oil holds out might depend on when the world ends.when oil goes out the stock market collapses putting the the whole world into hyper inflation like in Zimbobway.Money goes to everything.Gangs wars break out in the major cities publially because money can't be used to buy weapons.Bankers (Members of the illuminaty) along with weapon whole sellers rule the world and the human race destroys itself.The economy needs to simplify itself before it destroys itself and us.

By the way the reason i quoted khsuperfans flame is because.......He's been banned WOO HOO!!!!!!!!.I've been waiting for this.By the way sorry for going off the subject but i don't think i'm the only one glad that he's banned.

2. Mythos Banned

?

what's wrong with him? You shouldn't insult someone when they aren't around, thats cowardice!

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I was talking to my friend about this. He really believes in this, but I don't think it has too much valid proof behind it. I say no.

4. Roxazthelight Hollow Bastion Committee

ah, End of world? i think.. only GOD knows. i dunno it will be 2012? Next Month? Tomorrow? only GOD knows. just pray.

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

But say that there isn't a god. Then what?

Astronomically speaking, the Sun does have some 40 million years left, and once it dies, the Earth and Solar System go too. Again, the only other way we could possibly all die in 2012 or some other near date is an meteroid colliding with Earth.

6. Mythos Banned

^__^

Judgement Day. I'll make a new topic on some pic.s, it is coming.....soon.

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

And how do you KNOW that GOD KNOWS when the end will come? Hm? Something about these 'end of the world' threads always seems to bring the Christians who spout this rhetoric. But then again the Christians have been a doomsday religion since at least the Middle Ages if not when Jesus walked. Christianity is still a doomsday religion since it's all about being a good person until the return of Christ.

Anyway...

The world ends when it ends. It doesn't really pay to wait for it. I say just go on living as you have been.

The world could end tomorrow, in an hour, in ten days, in ten years, in ten decades, in ten thousand years, and so on.

However...the fact that the Maya predicted their own end is perhaps a chilling precursor.

8. Mythos Banned

true dat. Its not the end of the world, its the beginning of a new era. Something big is gonna happen, you can feel it. They are keeping something from us....the goverment. What is it? We'll find out on 2012.

9. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

No, world is not going to end then. I mean, only reason they are sayens that is because of stupid superstition. THe mayans were the ones who originally said that, though that was only because they predicted the plantes alignment as well. But I mean, be reasonable here people. It is impossible if we've got 2 planets infront of the sun to block the way, for the stupid sun to melt the polar ice caps or whatever. Only reason they are sayen that is because of superstitious ****. Y2K never happend, and 6/6/06 never happend.

If you want to get a reasonable idea of when the world might end, go look up Edgar Casey, though I doubt some of you will even be willing to read it. The guy predicted that the world will end at some point (I forgot when exsactly he said), but I know that we definatly have a longer time then 2012.
    If you ever heard of a guy named Notradomis, then you might want to look up his stuff as well. He made his last prediction of the year 2030, or somewhere like that (that is what researchers assume). I forget what, but he definatly said that a lot of **** would be goins down after the death of one of the popes, but I forget what.

Don't have to believe any of the stuff that I am sayens, but I am just saying, we are NOT going to die in 2012.

10. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Perhaps Nostradamus and the other Doomsday Prophets were incorrect in their calculations but an you honestly say that it will NOT end? The world could end ten minutes from now, ten days from now, ten years from now or so forth. But so long as there have been people on this earth, we have been pondering a time that the world WILL end.

Perhaps we fear the end of the world and find some comfort in knowing a date, even a supposed date, that it will come to occur. Same as a person with cancer told he has 6 months to live knows to get their affairs in order and say goodbye to loved ones and perhaps take that dream cruise to the Caribbean. Same thing here, there is comfort in knowledge.

But the Maya predicted their own end which came with chilling accuracy to the date predicted. They also predicted the rise of Hitler(or so it is interpreted). Along with so many other events in history. And with so much occurring...tsunamis, tornadoes, war, global religious doubt. Who is to say that we are not in the End of Days now?

Point being this: No one of us can say when the world will end. It ends when it ends. All there is to it.

11. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Just to be precise, it was the Mayans, not a Chinese civilization that came up with the 12/21/12 end of the world theory.

Anyway, the Mayans were obsessed with astronomy, and this whole theory is something to do with the Earth's perfect alignment and being in the exact center of the Milky Way or something along those lines. The result will be a reversal in the Earth's polarity, supposedly causing natural disasters of epic proportions, destroying mankind. Scientists have claimed that an event like this happened thousands of years ago as well. Now I personally don't think that this will happen, but the Mayan calendar is actually more accurate than the Gregorian calendar (today's calendar), so who knows?

12. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Has anyone noticed this thread has run of the troden track.It's gone from end of the World to god(If there was one) only knows what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.