The Finale: Return of the Dark Days

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Vladimir Makarov, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"Yu." the boy replied to Tessa, turning his back to the new recruit.

Even though it was his last name, that was all they needed to know. If he had given their first name, then perhaps he'd end up revealing his identity; if his reputation had spread far and wide. Hat cast a shadow over eyes as he merely walked back to meet the others in the group. They would all be going to that island for recon, and quite frankly Yu was was already feeling the tension. It wasn't fear, but rather it was the unknown that lay before their path. Neoph had very little to go on, and one thing Yu did not like was lacking information. A lot of questions needed to be answered, but sources were near none existent. He hoped they could find some answers before it was too late.

If the island is truly infested with nobodies... then we're in for one heck of a fight...

Foot slapped trash out of the way mid stride, following Neoph next to Tessa in silence.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aedion grabbed Ana's calf and helped hold it up. "Now pull up with your arms. Use me holding your leg to help you up, don't be afraid to put your weight on my hands, I got you, and then swing your other leg over the saddle. You will be fine." Aedion instructed. With Ana now up on her horse, he walked back to his, mounting it without problem, despite it being a fair amount taller than Ana's. "Just give the horse a light kick in the side to get it to walk. Grip with your thighs to help keep your balance. You will be fine if you do those things. Your horse will just follow us so you won't need to guild it that much." He informed Ana before starting to walk forward, keeping an eye on her to make sure she was alright.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

(Thanks go to Cstar for the banner)

Zeal patiently waited as Aedion assisted Ana with mounting her horse. He took Aedion moving forward on his horse as a signal to do the same, so with a light kick his horse started to stride forth. Not going much much faster than Aedion and probably Ana as well.

4. Lite The Future

[​IMG]
    Unbeknownst to Neoph and his merry band of fighters, a sneaky sneak of a man, named Adrian Luther, was listening in on their conversations from afar. He managed to catch most of it, primarily talk concerning an "Island of Nobodies". From what he could gather, this group intended to go there despite the potential danger. This idea intrigued Adrian, pushing him to approach the group and offer his services to them.
    "Hey, wait up! Hold your metaphorical horses!" Adrian called out, hoping to Neoph and his allies before they left to have their fun. "I couldn't help but overhear that you guys are going off to do some dangerous work. You wouldn't happen to have room for one more, would you? I could go for a good fight." Adrian asked, catching his breath after sprinting up to Neoph and co.

OOC: Woulda had this done last night but stuff came up that prevented me from doing it. Hopefully this is enough to get Adrian in.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

OOC: No banner post because reasons.

Ana clung to her horse, praying to hell and back that the animal would take it easy on her as she gently squeezed the mare's sides with her thighs. The animal started forward gracefully, and Ana hunched over, keeping her hands firmly wrapped around the saddle horn as it followed Aedion and Zeal. She was jealous of their easy grace and comfort at being on such a strange creature. I mean, what other animal rides other animals? Nothing! But rather then focus on the unique mysteries of the universe, she focused on not making more of a fool out of herself and not thinking about Aedion's hands on her as she followed her two companions after Hunter.

Kala jerked herself out of her revere and focused on the man in front of her. He too liked chaos...was he like her? "You say there are more. What would I have to do to get them?" Her hands tightly held the report. Though mostly pictures and strange words, she had no doubt they would hold clues on what had been done to her, and who she had been. The thought brought her nearly overwhelming excitement, and she nearly trembled with joy. Her nearly forgotten goal was once more in her grasp.

Tessa smiled at Yu, though she was uncertain if he saw it. He's carrying darkness inside of him. They all are. She thought to herself, halting in her steps as an unknown voice penetrated her thoughts. Much the way she had, someone else was calling out, asking to be included on their little adventure. She pulled an arrow from her quiver, hands stroking the sleek feathers along the shafts as she held the arrow knocked against the bow string, but pointed towards the ground. Ready for trouble, but at ease. Just in case she needed to be concerned.

6. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

NEOPH

Neoph turned when the man addressed him. Man, fate was choosing to be kind to him today. "Hi. Always room for one more soul that has a desire to protect. May I ask your name?" When Adrian introduced himself, Neoph would return the favor. "Well, we've burned enough time. Let's get going." With that, Neoph and the gang made the brief trip to the docks and requisitioned a boat. They began rowing to King's Island, arriving shortly before midnight. It was dark here in this heavily forested island, even the light of the heart-shaped moon was having a hard time piercing the canopy. A perfect place for these creatures... Neoph thought to himself. "Okay, let's head to the site of the attack and look for clues. Any questions?"

OSIRIS

Osiris's grin grew. He had her. "I wouldn't ask much. Just a favor for a favor. Does that sound fair?" He paused for a moment. "Earlier today. That man who so rudely interrupted our conversation, he is one of the militia led by a man named Neoph. These people have been a thorn in my side for a long time, halting the ever-encroaching darkness in this region. The favor that I would ask of you is to assist me in bringing them down. For good. In exchange, you will get to stick close to me, and every time I uncover a new report relevant to you, it is all yours. Do we have a deal?"

7. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The island was rather large, although it probably looked vast because of how dense the forest looked from the shore. Nobodies were supposed to be swarming this piece of land, and seeing this forest was nothing more than an alarm for caution. The creatures were already cunning and slippery. Surely they'd be using the cover of the forest. Who knew, maybe the nobodies already sensed them and were all now setting up a trap for them, merely waiting for the opportune moment to strike as one.

Yu stood on the beach with the group, merely acting as an observer to everything for the time being.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    It didn't take too long to get to Durlag. Two hours or so of riding and they were practically there, but as Hunter got near the entrance to the town a new problem arose. They knew what town the guard was in, but how were they supposed to find the guy that had to be questioned. Damnit Neoph, the male thought to himself as he dismounted his horse at the stables just at the edge of town. "Well, best place to start would be the guards' barracks. If he ain't there, he'll be at the tavern gettin' plastered. Not a bad idea, but we should probably find this guy first" Hunter stated, not particularly addressing the others in his party but making his voice loud enough they would be able to hear if they had kept up with him decently.

9. Lite The Future

[​IMG]
    "Adrian Luther is my name. I'm a mercenary and I'm also..." As he continued his unwanted spiel of an introduction, Adrian noticed that the group had already begun leaving to the island after just hearing his name. "...being left behind. Wait for me!" He cried as he ran to catch up.

The vast amount of forestation that was revealed when they approached the island was worrying. Considering the unnatural and slithery way Nobodies moved, they would have a much easier time maneuvering through such a landscape. Even worse was the fact that should a fight break out inside the forest, Adrian's Thunder magic could spark a forest fire if he missed a target. Adrian didn't even know if the others were capable of any sort of magic, but if they were he could only hope it was something that could put a fire out.
    "Jeez...Tight space plus Nobodies does not equal a good time..." Adrian mumbled as he walked ashore. When Neoph asked if there were any questions, Adrian childishly raised his hand as if he were a student answering a teacher. "Any idea how many Nobodies are supposed to be slithering around here? Just asking in the event there's gonna be a lot and they make me scream...Nobodies creep me out. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy splitting them in two, though."

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Or he could also have a family he could have gone home to, but who actually has a family right?" Aedion huffed as he caught up to Hunter. He sat tall on his white mare in which he rode. He wore the face of a noble, he put a good face on the group, but that would only last so long, right up until Hunter began to speak again. But until then he could look good. "Hey, Ana, how are you doing back there?" Aedion called back to her, making sure she was alright riding a horse. It didn't seem like she was too confident riding horses so he thought it best to keep an eye on her.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Ana tried to sit up as Aedion's voice reached back to her ears, but the bouncing of the horse proved too much, and she was once more hunched over in an attempt to keep from falling into the dirt. "I'm still on the horse. Does that count?" She yelled back, her knuckles white around the saddle horn. She dearly hoped the ride would be over soon. It would totally be worth it to walk back and leave the animal behind. Not that she blamed the animal for her clumsiness or inadequacy. She just simply didn't think her body could handle any more of this.

[​IMG]

Kala tapped the papers against her chin, pretending to be considering the offer to stall for time. In reality, she had already made her decision. She would do whatever it took to gain the knowledge these reports contained. "If I must, then I must. But I will not be treated like a common slave. And if it can be helped, I would rather not kill that interesting man, the one called Hunter. I wish to test my skills against him in battle first. Only then can I let him die." She added, her lips spreading into a grin even as the words left her mouth.

[​IMG]

Tessa followed Neoph, Yu, and the newcomer known as Adrian silently. She wasn't used to speaking to others when on the prowl. In fact, the noise rather disturbed her. Once they had landed, she kept an arrow read in her hand, knocked against the bow string, which had been tightened in order to help provide the maximum amount of accuracy. She could sense there was darkness here, and it made the skin on the back of her neck tingle. "Something evil is here." She whispered to herself, her eyes on the dark forest. The trees would make it hard for her to cover the other members, but she would do her best to ensure they returned safely. Hopefully all of them, anyway.

12. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

NEOPH

Neoph began leading the way as he answered Adrian's question. "We're not sure of the exact number, but it's a lot. More than what we have back at the mainland in an area half the size, so we'll have to be careful. I expect we'll meet some of them." He grimaced. "I hope not, but I expect that we will. We should just try our best to stay out of sight until we have what we came here for. Come on." As the group descended into the dark woods, it began to get colder. At the bottom of a steep hill, they ran into a patch of cold mist clinging to the ground. The trees here were scarcer than the rest of the place, so there was plenty of room to move around. It was in this area that Neoph signaled for the group to stop. "You guys hear that?" At first, there was no sound. The night was dead quiet. But after a couple of seconds, they could hear it; a 'woosh' of cold air followed by the snapping of twigs.

OSIRIS

Osiris had recruited yet another for his merry little band. This recruit proved to be most interesting. She was a promising one too. After hearing her conditions, he held out his hand to her. "Agreed." Once she took his hand, they would be surrounded by an impenetrable blackness. Her head would feel like it was spinning and it would get harder and harder to breathe. Once it got to the point where it would seem she was in trouble, the blackness cleared and they were in a new location. It was an all-white area, with steps that once led to the exit, presumably, but were now a ruined rubble. Everything seemed ancient. Even the very floors were cracked and worn with age. Kala would barely have enough time to take in the scenery before she would suddenly become violently ill. In response, Osiris would simply say, "The first time is never easy. It will pass."

13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    With Hunter as unsure of what to do as his RPer was since his group was left out in the dark, the man had to do exactly what he was amazing at; everything. Wait, you're telling me he can't do everything? Fine, he improvised then. That's practically the same thing. SO HE IMPROVISED. "Not bad, staying on the horse like that, but you're gonna have to get off of it so we can actually go and interrogate" Hunter informed. He then left, embarking on what was surely the furthest he had ever travelled by foot. It was a whole five minutes walk before he found the guards' barracks. "Oh woe is me, my wife went away and went to a battle, but she never returned. If only some guy could tell me what happened, some survivor of the attack or something" he said, to be met only with silence and awkward stares. Apparently the guard wasn't there. "Don't question me. I'm a god, I do what I want and I get worshipped for it. Just go with it" Stefano said, leaving the barracks.

He had to find the guard, and he wasn't there. That left only three options: the guy was at the pub being drunk, he was off sleeping with someone, or Aedion was right. He chuckled a little at the thought of the last one. Aedion couldn't be right, that required having intelligence to be right with. "To the pub!" Hunter announced, walking off in the direction of the pub. He arrived there in about ten minutes, and after taking one look inside he had come to two conclusions; the guy wasn't there as there seemed to be no guards, and their range of alcohol was complete crap. They had like, one brand of beer and some cider. And so he continued onwards. So, back to the other two options. He was clearly sleeping with someone.

Over the next hour, Hunter checked at least nine houses. Some of them he knocked at the door, others he noticed the door was unlocked and invited himself in. By the end of it, the man had about five red handprints on his cheeks from all the women getting changed he had stumbled upon. But hey, it was worth it. He hadn't seen the guy they were looking for (thankfully, that would've been awkward), but he did get to see quite a few naked women, and that was okay.

He sighed as he got to the last house. Either the guard was here and Aedion was right (Hunter chuckled once more at the mere thought of it), or he was out of town. Hunter went to knock on the door, but quickly realized that it was already slightly open, as though someone were too lost in thought when they got home. Sure enough, there he was, the guard. How did Hunter know he was the right guard? He didn't. I told you, he was improvising, but by pure chance yes it was indeed the right guy. He was hovering over a photograph of a woman, and there was a medal at the bottom of it. She was clearly a victim of war, likely the attack. And that meant he had no family!

Turning around, Hunter jabbed a finger at Aedion. "HA! His family died! He has none! You were wrong!" he exclaimed, sensitive as always before two children walked out of a hall to see what was going on. Quickly, he grabbed the children. "Not now children, uncle Hunter needs to be right" he said quickly, before leading the children to a closet and locking them inside, putting his sword against it and digging into the ground so that it would be exceptionally difficult to get the door open. He then turned and walked over to the guard as a gleeful grin appeared on his face. "Boy, do we have some questions for you" he stated, closing the distance between himself and his victim.

14. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

"You guys hear that?" Just when Tessa had been about to tell them to let her go on alone, Neoph had held up his hand and signaled for them to stop. He must have great hearing. She thought, because I can't-Nope. There it was. A twig cracking, the sound of the wind rushing by, and yet more branches and twigs snapping. Something was coming, and she hefted her bow up to aim at the as of yet unseen enemy, taking careful aim towards the noise. She would not shoot it without seeing it first. Too many had done that and hit a stray dog or a child. She would not let an innocent be a casualty of her inability to hold her arrow back.

[​IMG]

Kala did exactly as the above post stated, because there is no need for redundancy. After she had puked her guts out, and Osiris had quipped about how it was never easy the first time, she managed to start a retort before her stomach got the better of her. "Neither is se-" as she finished throwing up the rest of her mostly alcoholic dinner, she sat down and rest her head against her knees, taking in deep breaths and letting the swimming in her head calm itself. Her body was normally stronger then whatever the world could throw at it, but she had a feeling she would never get used to something like that. "So what's your plan?" She asked finally, raising her head and brushing her hair back from her face, cowl slipping a little as she did so.

[​IMG]

Ana had managed to slide off her horse clumsily after Hunter made a comment. Sort of as compliment, but a snide compliment. That seems to be his way. Afterwards, they followed Hunter around. She quite enjoyed watching him return time and again with a new handprint on his face. She was about to turn and make a bet with their two companions when he stopped, chuckled, and raced off again. This time she was barely on his heels, scythe in hand as he poked through the open door of the house as Hunter shouted about being right. He disappeared, and she heard him muttering to someone before the sound of sword being drawn. She shoved her way through the door just in time to see him shove the sword into the ground, in front of a closet door, before he began to approach the man, who was bent over something.

Why would he keep the closet door from being open.....? She turned to the man as Hunter spoke to him, her skin turning clammy as she realized what was about to occur. Just leave, just turn your eyes away. But no, the man was holding a picture of a woman. And the closet.....Ana turned and shoved her way in between Hunter and the man, holding the scythe in front of her. "You sick bastard, he has children." She hissed, her hands gripping the staff tightly. "You're not torturing their father while they're in the house. And you'll do it over my body. We can ask him what he wants nicely, and then go. We're not taking away their parent." It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened here. Either that, or she and Hunter were on a higher intelligence level then the rest of their companions. A frightening thought.

"You're not doing this." She repeated, hardening her resolve.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aedion simply put his hand over his face and shook his head. This was going to be a long, long day wasn't it? An embarrassing long day too. But it was okay, Hunter could go ahead and embarrass himself, Aedion hung to the back apologizing after every incident that came. Every dumbfounded face, awkward silence, and slaps to the face. Aedion was the perfect gentleman there, to apologize, and occasionally offer compensation if they broke something throwing it at Hunter, or if Hunter broke something. Luckily for him, few people took him up on the offer, which was good because then he wouldn't have to listen to a lecture on how he was wasting money.

Aedion followed Hunter in the last house to promptly be yelled at by Hunter that he was wrong about the man having a family, as the man was clearly mourning over his dead wife, however soon after two children walked out. Instead of a snide remark or a glance to say he was right, from Aedion, Aedion simply followed Hunter to where he pushed the children. Aedion removed the sword from the ground but kept it with him as he opened the door.
    "Come lets go play. Sorry about the scary man, he isn't good with children. He didn't know what to do about you two being here. Everything will be all right, they just need to ask your dad some questions about your mom, okay? Neither of them mean your father any harm." Aedion said in a calm voice, but Ana's yelling wasn't helping his case. Though she was defending their dad, it probably just sounded like angry yelling to the kids. "What kind of toys do you like to play with? Why don't you show me?" He requested as he lead the children into a back room that seemed to be a play area, shutting the door behind him to muffle the sound.

16. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

At Neoph's command little Yu stopped along with everyone else. Something did not feel right, and their leader could sense it. It took the boy a second later to see what Neoph was seeing. The shift in air density, the faint whisper of air molecules fluctuating as mass passed through them, and the instant crackle of a twig snapping. Yu's giant Wizard hat titled up to reveal sapphire blue eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"Yeah..." Yu replied to Neoph's words, tone sounding a bit gruff.

Right hand equipped Tri-barreled sawed shotgun, cape hiding the action while fingers coiling around the handle tightly as the tension was clearly rising. The evening air was cold, dank, and the fog merely added to the suspense. Whatever was lurking behind the fog, it had them made. The group had walked in on something, and now they were left on stand-by. Yu watched Tessa through peripherals as she had her bow and arrow ready. Just to be safe, Yu began channeling Mana into his gun. Better to be safe than sorry.

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Well damn, that was the last time Hunter tried to help anyone. He couldn't pretend that part of the reason he'd pushed the little kids into there was to ensure that he wasn't proven wrong, but there was an actual point behind it. He sighed and shook his head as Teliana stood in his way. "If this mission is going to work out, you're going to have to trust me. Professional bounty hunter, in case you didn't know, so this kinda stuff is right up my alley. If I was the villain we're after, I'd want to finish the job. What better way to do that than to strike the survivor while he's guilt ridden? And how to get him even more guilt ridden? Nab his kids, hold them hostage, torture them in front of him or something" Hunter stated, walking over towards the closet door and picking up his fallen sword.

"Closets are confined and sturdy, perfect for hiding things or people in. On top of that, it's in the room that we'll all be in and the door looks like it'll muffle out a fair bit of the sound. I was keeping the kids from hearing or seeing anything, and keeping them safe. So thanks for screwing up the plan already you chivalrous prick!" Hunter said, raising his voice and yelling straight at the door Aedion had gone through. He turned and walked over towards the guard. "Alright, since some genius decided to put your kids in danger, how about we keep this quick so I can go kick his ass a little?" the man asked rhetorically, trying to grab the guard's attention.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aedion couldn't help but roll his eyes as he heard the muffled yelling at Hunter for so called putting the kids in danger by bringing them to a back room with a window large enough to escape out of, but besides that no entrance beside the one that they came through, the one Aedion positioned himself close to. If there really was danger than he would hear it and they you be able to escape while the intruder was occupied with Hunter and Ana. If they happened to make it past those two, which he hoped would never happen for Ana's sake, then he would ship the kids out to run to safety and he would slow the intruder and follow to keep them safe. But for now he didn't want to seem tense. He didn't want to make the kids more nervous than Hunter already was. He would focus on distracting them, perhaps stories, stories were good. So Aedion settled down to start a story on a prince and his daring rescue of a princess who didn't actually need rescuing at all because in the end she was just as capable at fighting as he was, so they fought along side each other slaying dragons and falling madly in love and eventually getting married at the end. It was a rather entertaining story if he did say so himself, and he did. Besides the kids seemed to be distracted with it, and that was the goal after all.

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Ana blinked, then flushed, scuffling her feet as Hunter walked by her. Of course she had automatically thought he just wanted to torture the man. She always thought the worst of everyone, didn't she? It kind of stung, that she had been wrong, but she let it go and walked over to stand by the door where Aedion had taken the kids. It was comforting, listening to the sound of them calmly playing. She remembered when she had done that with her sister. Oblivious to any danger around them, uncaring of any environment other then the one they imagined themselves to be in. Her eyes strayed to Hunter and the guard, then Zeal, before back to the guard. She hoped, for the sake of his children, no one would come.

20. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

NEOPH

Just as everyone began to arm themselves, a flash of white came from the trees, heading for Aello. She tried to dodge, but not fast enough. When everyone looked at her, they could see her mouth wide open and a long, slender, twelve inch shard of pure white energy protruding out of her abdomen. There was nothing but a weak gurgle, then she fell. Right after, they heard a group of chuckles followed by a woman's voice in the trees. "Oopsy daisy! Sorry about that. My aim must have been off. You see, I was trying to hit the guy in front. You are the leader, aren't you?" She said to Neoph in a mocking tone. Neoph drew his sword.

"You b*tch!" Neoph was truly angry for the first time in years. The woman laughed in response.

"I suppose it's for the best. I like to save the leader for last, anyway. They get so afraid seeing their men get cut down. It tastes like the sweetest nectar. I remember that guardsman was saturated in the taste." There was a pause. "I don't like anger. It tastes... bitter."

"Where are you! Show yourself, coward!" Neoph demanded. That same chuckle emanated from all around them, making it impossible to tell where it was coming from or how many there were. Was she laughing at them, or were people hidden in the trees laughing at them?

"Coward? I am beyond such a weak provocation. I'm afraid I must disappoint you. I'm not here to fight, just to deliver a message. That's all."

"I have no interest of hearing anything from you. You killed her! Come down here and we'll--" The woman chuckled. It was clearly the woman this time.

"Oh, I think you'll find this interesting. It's from my master. He says you're a very old friend, so he figured he would do you the kindness of informing you that you have damned your men and your village to die." As she spoke, a hooded figure wearing a black corset, black boots, a black skirt, black elbow length lace gloves and long, black stockings appeared a good twenty feet away from them, standing just behind the treeline where they could barely see her.

"Explain!" Neoph demanded. The woman covered her mouth and chuckled.

"'Explain!', he says. So authoritative. Assertive. A born leader." She said in a mocking tone. "How quickly you will find your delusional house of cards fortified with a wall of lies crumbles." She said it in a more serious tone this time. "It's going to be so delicious. When you learn the truth. I hope i'm there when you do." She turned her head and looked directly at the others. "To watch your allies fall on you like a pack of wild dogs. Watch them tear you apart as your last thoughts are filled with nothing but woe and dread."

"You speak nonsense! Tell me what you meant!" Neoph was clearly trying not to let this woman get the better of him. He thought it best to assume that everything she was saying was all lies.

"Oh, i'm going to enjoy watching you fall. Nonsense. Bah! Look at that bloody corpse at your feet. I'd say that this message is fairly accurate, Anyway, what I meant was that while you so geniusly stole away your best fighters, a very powerful monster just so happened to wander in..." Neoph froze.

"You're lying." He whispered.

"Abigail never lies. Sometimes people just don't want to hear the truth. What is it they say? "Seeing is believing"? If you don't believe me, check it out yourself. Goodbye." With a wave, she was surrounded in an aura of darkness and in a second, she was gone. Neoph stood there, frozen for a few moments. What was he supposed to do? Only one other person died in the group and that was due to sheer stupidity. They weren't a fighter as capable as Aello. What the hell is she? "Come on." Neoph whispered again, turning tail and running back the way they came.

In Roland's Ford...

The interrogation hadn't gone much of anywhere, really, when there was a sudden crash coming from outside, followed by many people screaming. Once the group decided to investigate, they would see an easily six story tall monster clad in all white and wearing a tattered blue scarf. It was humanoid in its shape, its hands looking like mittens and his feet bearing a striking resemblance to Jester shoes. Its face was featureless, only the insignia of the Nobodies on it. The creature was marching around the village, destroying every building with its extendable limbs and killing every villager it could find with strange thorns of black and white. Right down the street, you see a mother carrying a young child they are headed for the tavern, but one of the streams of thorns catches her on the leg and she falls, dropping her child onto the ground and trying to crawl towards him. The child sat in the middle of the dirt road, crying. You could probably save the child, however, doing so would put you at major risk as you would have to get right in the Nobody's field of visionand just a few feet from it. This would ruin any kind of ambush if you don't plan it right. The mother would be a stretch to save. With her injury, she is clearly unable to stand on her own or move quite as fast.

OSIRIS

"Eventually..." He said as he began walking "...I want to explore the rest of this castle. It was an important place once, you know. Far back in the ancient times, when the worlds were separated from one another, this castle belonged to a man who did many dark and despicable things. Strange for a place so bright, hm? If these walls could talk, imagine what they would say. Hehe, the tales they would tell would be tales of blood and intrigue surely. My favorite kind." He chuckled. "Forgive me. I tend to ramble. Anyway, this story does have a point, believe it or not. This man controlled an organization that was few in number, but powerful enough to threaten all the worlds. For my plan to work, I need more men." He looked her up and down. "Or women. Indeed, there is already one other who is a woman. Her name is Abigail. The other is a man in dark robes who wields a scythe and fire as his weapon. He is Sheth. Counting you, that makes just four of us. I have Sheth out recruiting which gives me plenty of time to brief you and for us to begin our mission."

He stopped in a large room with a window that climbed thirty or forty feet to the ceiling. Outside, the bright, heart-shaped moon glowed brightly. Osiris pointed at it. "Kingdom Hearts. It appears in the sky every night, yet we know so little about it. It is said to contain wisdom and power meant only for gods, not mortals. He who enters can reshape the world to his liking." He looked at Kala. "Interesting, no? I thought so too. That is why I have resolved to take Kingdom Hearts for us. Imagine it, Kala. A world of chaos and discord, where you fight every day and the mighty rule over the weak, leading us to a new dawn of prosperity and strength. And of course, I have not forgotten our agreement. By the time we are finished, you will know yourself inside and out. That, I promise you."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.