The gang of Intergalactic Ninja Vampire Space Pirates (A.k.a The I.N.V.S.P.)

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Lauriam, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, at least we know why pirate-Glen drinks. It's anime's fault. It's always anime's fault. *gives hot chocolate laced with rum*

And if Pine gives us permission, as a former BAPU, would that be legit?

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

If you want my honest opinion; Marushi is the one that came up with the ideas of both ships in the first place, so in the absence of Droid the ownership would fall to her and it's just her say-so that matters as to whether it should be included.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I think now we've started it, we should continue but have we decided yet what we're going to find on their ship? Are we going to find any of that crew still there? Have we decided what happened to them?

(I just added a paragraph to the doc)

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh yeah, because everyone wanted some rival pirates to battle, so I advertised for it and Droid volunteered to captain it. XD That's why the BAPU didn't take off like we did. We started because we thought it'd be fun, they started because we asked them to. XD Their hearts weren't in it. XD

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Just copying and pasting what I just posted in the doc, so you all can see it. XD Please, feel free to pitch in any ideas. We have less than two months to finish this story. XD Also, did we just all decide not to do that Graphic Worm thing? XD

"Oh my gosh, my bad, everyone. Midny and I were talking and we came up with a plan, and I was supposed to post it on the INVSP thread so everyone would see it. XD Lol, sorry. XD Pretty much, what we think could happen is that the crew’s ship was invaded by some sort of alien, which is now stalking around the air vents and junk, like in the movie Alien, supposedly. Not that either of us have seen it. XD But yeah, we think he could also like, at one point capture Glen and drag him off to where the BAPU crew are currently held in like, some sort of stasis, covered in the alien goo and whatnot, and we haven’t decided whether they’re being held to be like, digested later or if their energy is being absorbed or… whatever it is that aliens do to people when they have them in gooey pods and junk. XD But yeah, so the crew are currently somewhere secret on the ship, while an alien is about to start giving us all jump scares. XD"

@Loxare @Glen @DarkTraitor Pine @Midnight Star

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Pine will be immediately flushing herself out the airlock if she experiences a single jumpscare, just so you know.
    Also I have actually seen Alien if that helps.

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, noted. XD We'll try to keep her grounded. XD And cool, any suggestions for how to make this alien plot work?

8. Pinekaboo Chaser

Well in the movies the xenomorphs use people as living incubators for their young, so I think that is a bit too much for our stuff, especially since it'd be really hard to save people from that. I feel like anything our crew does wants to remain fairly lighthearted and have some level of silliness to it, so assuming people agree with that sentiment we'll want to first decide on some kind of objective for the alien that doesn't necessarily threaten people with a gruesome inevitable death.

Ideally we also want the alien to be some kind of reference to a previous venture of ours. Maybe somebody that used to be part of one of the crews and then retired from it, or a recurring joke somebody had, or something, idk. I just feel that as a tribute to us it should have some relevance to our past.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, good points. We don't what gruesome stuff or deaths, so basically we want a few jump scares and a little bit of overdramatic suspense, and some mildly gross stuff, and then a happy ending. Basically, Christopher Eccleston Season One Doctor Who stuff. XD So, hmm... an objective for the alien... Maybe it's just keeping them in these gooey pods to keep them in stasis, so it can eat them later and we save them in time? XD

As for the reference to a previous adventure, that's a good idea, so hmm again. XD Does anyone remember any old roleplay we might have done that this alien could be from?

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Yeahhh let's not make it a horror.

I only meant like alien in that there's an unknown creature loose on the ship, as we go investigate we could hear strange noises from it moving around and maybe catch glimpses of it out of the corner of our eye. I'm thinking for a bit we only see hints and odd bits of it before it is actually revealed in all it's glory and we have to fight it somehow.

I was thinking it could put people it captures in cocoon like pods, putting them into a coma like state. I'm not sure if these cocoons transform the people inside or slowly digest/use energy from them but it should create a sense of danger without anyone actually dying. Because come on either someone being dragged away into the darkness or people randomly vanishing from the group one by one as we go around is a little scary but we're not going full on horror.

It also explains what happened to the BAPU crew.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah yeah, makes sense. lol, you're much better at explaining it then I am. XD

12. Glen Returned from the dead

I'm all for being the one that gets captured, that sounds like fun.

Just a suggestion, feel free to say no and all but you could keep the joke of "that had been a weird sunday" going and have the alien be from that Sunday.

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okay, so half of me wants to keep That Sunday ambiguous, and only reference it without really explaining anything about it except that it was your fault, lol. XD But the other half of me really likes this idea... lol, Idk now. XD Anyone else have any thoughts for this?

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

If you're the one captured by the monster you won't have chance to xD

You are our main combatant so would probably be the most helpful in a fight butt it could be interesting if you're taken out and all the non-combatants have to somehow beat it.

And as for your suggestion, I don't know. It is an interesting idea but at the same time I like it being all mysterious. Hmm...

Do we even know what kind of creature it is yet?

Also Marushi, I think your original character you've brought in should either be a KHV member or turn out to be bad or both. Mainly because at the moment I really don't see the point in him being there.

15. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe the pods the crew are in are memory pods, like in Voltron. And the alien is extracting their memories because they saw its one true love on a planet ages ago and it wants to find out where its love is. But it doesn't speak English (or the Space Common Language) and it doesn't have a translator fish, so it can't ask. Hence the extracting. Light-hearted, and doesn't end in grisly, digest-o-juices death.

16. Pinekaboo Chaser

I like it. It also means we can resolve the situation by figuring out what it wants and helping it rather than having to kill it because it's dangerous, like a lot of other situations would have ended with.

17. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

And it grabs someone because it's having difficulty finding what it's looking for, so maybe another person has seen its love.

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

But any ideas as to how we can actually figure it out? I mean I imagine one of us could identify the pods as memory pods but in regards to the rest of the story and figuring out the creature isn't dangerous, I'm not sure. There's got to be clues somewhere.

Also any ideas as to what this creature looks like?

19. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, we could give it a translator fish. Stick it in your ear, and it translates stuff for you. Then we could just ask.

Dunno. It's moving about the ship, so narrow enough not to get caught in the halls, but large enough to carry away the BAPU crew without too much difficulty. Could be serpentine. Oh, maybe it's the mate of the Space Snake we encountered a while back!

20. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ooh you mean a babel fish!

Yeah, I was thinking something maybe with tentacles, which is able to squeeze through the vents but it's whole body is actually quite large so has the strength to dent the wall or pull someone away. Maybe it has stuff in it's tentacles with anaesthesia that it can use to make people unconscious.