The gang of Intergalactic Ninja Vampire Space Pirates (A.k.a The I.N.V.S.P.)

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Lauriam, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

"Are you people blind? You're all so busy not trusting each other, not one of you has noticed how obviously evil I am? I strangled a kitten for star's sake!"

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I don't want my OC to strangle any kittens, lol, but that is a good basic sentiment for him to have. XD

lol, I'm having trouble turning him into the bad guy because I originally made him up to help us and like, maybe we would have hired him in the end of the story or something. XD He still is the same guy who had an ad in the paper. XD And I came up with a basic character profile and everything. XD So we can make him the bad guy, let's just... not turn him into a kitten strangler. XD

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

What if the telepathic bursts kinda emphasised our characters instead of changing them. Like if you were just a little bit protective of the crew goes to waaay overprotective and I'm going to wrap you in bubble wrap and never let you do dangerous anything ever; a little heroic goes to reckless and I'm going to defeat all the baddies and save the day all by myself; a little scared goes to terrified hide in a corner and never come out; feeling a little under-appreciated goes to "You never recognise anything I do! Well fine, see how you do without me!"; a need to be in control and everything in order goes to super bossy and controlling.

You get the idea, you can see how those things would cause friction.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh gosh Midny, that's a brilliant idea! That can also be why Glen gets dragged away; he's already the reckless one, he'd just run off into danger without a moment's thought. XD And lol, that can be why we have to stop Pine from flushing herself out of an airlock, like she's promised, lol. XD And ooh, I can fixate on finding the missing crew, 'no man left behind,' so to speak, and be rather blind to the danger we're in, until we're wrestling Pine away from the airlock while Glen takes off running after the alien. XD At that point I can kind of wake up and completely switch focus and fixate on keeping my crew safe.

5. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Yeah so out of what I said previously as you guessed I was figuring

Glen: A little reckless -> a lot reckless and "saving the day" all on his own
    Pine: A little scared -> terrified (alternatively stemming from the reluctant engineer part -> a lot reluctant or a lot unhappy with her role)
    Loxare: Trying to keep the ship/crew orderly and keep into control -> bossy/controlling "Everything WILL be in order and you WILL do this and you WON'T go gallivanting around like fools. We will do this my way because you are all hopeless"
    Marushi: Fixate on goal maybe or overprotective or I dunno
    OC: a little evil - > a lot evil xD

Though the one I'm struggling with the most is myself. I've considered a obsessive need to save and obsessing over every little injury (ie the over protective one). I've also considered a small self-doubt going to "I'm worthless and can't do anything." but I think my character was fairly confident in her own abilities unless that stems from her feeling useless in combat situations. I considered getting really childish and hyper but I'm not sure that works either. I'm not really sure what my main traits were to emphasise.

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Midnight develops a complex where she feels the need to take over everyone else's responsibilities and make each of them redundant as she completely replaces them. She does this out of a desire to protect them; they can't get hurt on the job if they aren't doing their jobs, and by taking on those roles herself she ensures there'll never be a situation where she's unable to help an injured person in time, because since she's the one doing the job she's already immediately there if something happens.

Or something like that.

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, now that I think about it, the way we've established my character in the story, I'm also likely to be the one thinking I'm not really doing anything, lol. XD Since everyone else pretty much does everything and I just stand around and fetch crisps. XD

And as for Midnight... Hmm... I feel like Loxare's character, when pushed to an extreme like that, would be the more likely one to try and take over everything, since she already has to do so much for the ship. Of course, we aren't limited to one personality extreme, I mean, we all could start showing multiple personality traits in extreme force.

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

But despite that you are clearly the main character, with a lot of screen time (or whatever the book equivalent of that is) and the rest of the crew obviously respects you. And honestly, I'd say you do have a role as the crew looks to you for leadership - something's happened, what do we do Capt'n?

I agree with that and that is how I kinda saw Loxare. She already has to do lots and look after us all, so I can imagine her being like "You're all useless, here let me do it! Now stand in the corner and don't move, you'll only cause more trouble."

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, yeah, makes sense. My character would still feel that way, though, even if she is the main character, so to speak. XD

And ohhhh we could add a touch of drama to the thing by having whoever she said that to end up being hurt over it, which of course, is then blown into epic proportions so they're all super upset about it. XD And that can make Loxie feel bad, and it can be a huge mess. XD

OR we could skip that because just writing out the idea is tiring me out, bc I hate drama. XD So, whatever you guys want to do with that is fine. XD

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

We really need to decide how it's affecting me since we've started writing this. Also from what we've written are we having Marushi's thing as self-doubt and thinking she's useless as Captain instead of what we've said before. I mean that could kinda make sense if she'd always had small niggling doubts wondering if the choices she makes are the right ones considering all the crew follow her. Also you've said on here that she doesn't seem to do that much so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for her to occasionally thing she's a useless Captain and obviously this creature would make those feelings come to the surface.

Also Loxare could see this indecisiveness and "for the good of the crew" coupled with how the creature affects her, decide to take over from the Captain. So Loxare's one would could through and she could be a lot stricter with the crew and this would in the mean time make Marushi's self doubt worse.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

OH MY GOSH THAT WOULD BE SO GREAT

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Also, Midny, I was thinking that we've written you to sort of "like things just so," like you keep everything you're in charge of exactly the way it's supposed to be at all times, so maybe one thing this alien could bring out of you is maybe turn you into like, a super obsessive person? So that you can start nagging everyone about idk, their appearances or something, idk. XD And you can oooh, you could start scolding people for not coming to you for like, medical exams and stuff, or not eating properly, basically you could be an obsessive doctor who really is just trying to help.

Or something like that, ish, maybe. XD

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

@Loxare @Glen @DarkTraitor Pine, Just letting you know that Midnight and I are almost done with the story, we just have to do a wrap-up and we do have plans for what to do, it's just a matter of actually sitting down and being able to write it. XD So pretty much, I'm just letting you guys know that if you want to go read it, maybe edit some of your responses a little bit (without changing enough to mess up the direction of the plot, obviously lol) XD Now's a good time to do so. :)

BUT I know you're all really busy, so I'm not trying to like, accuse you of not participating or anything. XD

14. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

That did happen a little bit IRL in the ship. I used to be navigator.

ALSO IT'S PROBABLY TOO LATE, I STILL VOTE SPACE SNAKE FOR THE ALIEN.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

It just occurred to me that some of you mentioned Discord earlier, which is a thing that I have now. I'm hardly the most talkative person but if anyone wants to add me on there for whatever reason Pinekaboo#9385 is my tag on there.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

You are still navigator?? Sorry!!!

17. Glen Returned from the dead

I've been reading along, but I'm hardly busy. Been a little stressed irl but I'm just finding no motivation to do anything whatsoever (which is causing some big issues) and so I haven't really written. Sorry about that.

18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Whoops, yes I am. Sorry. I have so much to do as First Mate, I sometimes forget. Luckily I have you to hold down the fort. Unless we have a medical emergency, in which case I have Glen to hold down the fort... Huhn. No one is allowed to get injured anymore.

Totally cool. I know how that is. *looks sidelong at the six or seven unfinished stories I have* If you have any random ideas though, feel free to jot something in the doc and we can work it in. Same goes for everyone.

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, that's totally fine. :) I get being stressed and unmotivated. XD This is a fun project for all of us to write if we want to, but I'm not about to try and force anyone (or guilt-trip anyone, that was the exact opposite of my intent) into trying to write it. XD Heaven knows if I'm just not feeling a story, I can't come up with a single word. XD

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

@Loxare @Glen @DarkTraitor Pine, the story is complete!

We'd like to make sure you're all happy with what we have before we get it formatted and ready for me to post on the anniversary. So when you have time, if you could give it a final read through, and please, feel free to edit, change, or comment on anything. No one should be afraid to contribute, we're open to anything. Plus, since this involves you guys as characters, if something doesn't fit quite right, you guys can definitely edit it to be more you.

(Also, if you guys want to edit some of what the BAPU crew says, or even add a line for one of them here or there, lol, I'm good with that too, because I had no idea how to write for most of them.) XD

But yeah, other than that, the story is done, so please read it through and if anything, just let us know what you think!

I'll post it in the Writer's Nook on the day of the anniversary. :D

Thank you all for being a part of this great Forum Family, and for making this project possible in the first place! ^.^