The Love of a Nobody

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilit_shadow, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Where should Nex go to recover her lost memories?

1. Twilight Town

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Zexion13 Traverse Town Homebody

You won't, you never do! ^^

2. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Aww! That's so sweet!! Don't worry, I'll have it up as soon as possible.

3. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Great story, too bad I am late.

4. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Don't worry about that! I'm just glad you read it! The next chapter is almost done, but it probably won't be up until tomorrow or the day after. Be expecting it!

5. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Chapter 15

I absolutely loved writing this chapter, especially the second half. That new character from the other chapter? She comes full fledged in this one. Hope you guys like!

And those of you who have messaged me, I'm sososososo sorry I haven't got back to you! Especially 2Foxxie4U (buddy!), darkcloud (2nd buddy!), khchick55 (chicka!) who have been messaging me like crazy and I can't get the time to get back to you guys! EEEP!!! And thanks Foxxie for sending me your stories. I always read them!!!

The Love of a Nobody...(section 15)

Ugh! Is there no end to this crap?!

Almost an hour had gone by and Axel was still sitting in the same place, listening to the same old lady wine about her stupid bunions. He sighed, and was frustrated to say the least.

“Listen lady, I really have to get going.†How many times had he said that in the past ten minutes?

“I don’t think so!â€

“Excuse me?â€

“You haven’t tried my home-made soup yet! Don’t think you can walk out of grandma’s house without a full stomach! Now, don’t you go anywhere! I’ll be right back.â€

As soon as the old lady had her back turned, Axel raced out the door.

Jeez, why didn’t I do that earlier?

Disrespect was normal for him, and in this case, he didn’t really have much of a choice. His search for Nex hadn’t been as successful as he had hoped. Then, his one and only plan had failed him when that stupid Kairi-girl escaped, falling right into Saix’s hands. Now, all he was doing was waiting for the right time.

He had returned to Hallow Bastion, not only to revisit the sights, but to await an uncommon visitor.

The Keyblade bearer. With his good social skills, Axel had been able to discern that Sora, the famous wielder of the keyblade, would be due in town any time. Of course, Axel’s version of ‘good social skills’ was a few threats, and maybe even a fire or two. But it still got him the information he wanted.

Axel no longer wore the outfit Cloud gave him, the one that had been his outfit of choice. He now donned his old Organization cloak, not caring who recognized its origins. In fact, Axel was wearing it mostly to draw attention to himself. If Saix could find him in Twilight Town, then anyone in the Organization could certainly find him in Hallow Bastion.

He wondered what Nex was doing, if she was alright. Was she alone? Inside some jail cell? Axel would never know just how truthful those words were.

“I swear, if they do anything to her, I’ll…â€

“You’ll what?â€

“Huh?†Axel turned to look behind him, expecting to see Squall or even Cloud standing there, but instead, he saw a young girl around ten or eleven years old. Her entire outfit was pure white consisting of a knee-length skirt with light embroidery on it along with a sleeveless shirt. Her brown hair was wrapped up in a twisting braid in the back and highlighted by a bright pink bow. She looks sort of like Aerith with her hair like that, thought Axel.

“You said you’d do something. What are you going to do?†Her innocence surprised him, but what was the harm?

“Well, I’m actually looking for someone. I’m trying to find her. But right now I’m waiting for Sora to show up.â€

“Sora? Really? He’s coming here?â€

“Uh-huh. Rumor is that it should be any minute.â€

“Wow, I’ve never met a keyblade bearer before!â€

“Yeah?â€

“Yeah! They’re supposed to be really famous! But it must be kinda hard, doing all that work so we can live safely. He must be really strong!â€

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t go that far.†Axel didn’t want to disappoint this girl, so he kept his knowledge to himself.

“I can’t wait for him to get here! I have so many things I want to ask him!â€

Yeah, same here, kid.

“So who are you looking for?â€

“What?â€

“You said you were looking for someone. Who is she? Maybe I can help you find her!†The girl’s smile was wide and bright. Her courage surpassed that of most people Axel knew. He was starting to like this girl.

“Well, she’s a friend of mind. A really good friend actually.â€

“Oh, is she your girlfriend?†Axel laughed.

“Something like that.â€

“Okay! What does she look like?â€

“Long, violet hair and eyes that could kill,†Axel stopped and looked at the girl. She was partially in awe. “I mean, purple eyes too.â€

“Okay, she shouldn’t be too hard to find. Don’t you think?â€

You have no idea.

“Hmm, maybe we should start asking around. Oh, I know! Cloud will know where she is!â€

“Wait, you know Cloud?â€

“Of course I do silly! Everybody knows Cloud Strife, the greatest warrior this side of the city. Next to Leon of course.â€

“You know Squall too?!†Just who was this girl?

“Yup! They’re all friends of mine. Don’t you know them too?â€

“Well, yeah, but,†Axel was startled. He ran a hand through his thick hair and contemplated his next move. Could this girl really help him? “Say kid, what’s your name?â€

“Oh, sorry, I guess I should have introduced myself first,†the girl held out a small hand, waiting for Axel to shake it. Her smile was as big as ever. “My name’s Marlene. What’s yours?â€

“Marlene…†Little Marlene? Wow…She’s grown so much since I last saw her. Axel finally recognized the young girl from his hometown. She had only been eight years old the last time he saw her, before he had converted into a Nobody. At least it explained how she knew Squall and Cloud.

“The name’s Axel,†he said, shaking her hand. “And I hope you don’t mind Marlene, but I’m going to do some more hunting on my own. But you let me know if you hear anything about her okay?â€

“Okay! I can do that!â€

“Thanks.†And with that, Axel started walking off to no where in particular. His mind was wandering and he wasn’t sure what exactly he was going to do. He had a definite plan, but the details were sketchy.

“Hey, wait, you didn’t tell me her name yet!â€

Axel stopped in his tracks, and turned back to face Marlene, a look of resentment on his face.

“Nexydys.â€

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A dark portal blossomed in the hap-hazard walls of the Castle That Never Was. Already waiting inside the room was a lone figure, wearing over his shoulders the coat of the XIIIth Order. The hood of that coat was pulled up and over his face, blocking the view.

Another figure, nearly identical to the first in terms of looks, stepped out of the expectant portal. But, on close inspection, the second figure’s outline was much more feminine, the curves of her body obvious. The clacks of her heeled boots echoed as she walked over towards the other figure.

“Did you like my performance?†she asked, lifting her own hood away from her face. Deep, raven-black hair spilled over her shoulders and around her strong face. Nearly all black eyes held their gaze on the second figure, but small flecks of violet came through in her irises. Her voice was casual and seductive. She wrapped a single arm around the second figure’s back.

“It was acceptable,†said a calm voice, nearly emotionless.

“Oh? It wasn’t good enough for you?â€

“I didn’t say that.â€

“But you implied it. What do I have to do for you to appreciate my work?†she asked, her smile alluring and attractive. Her arm laced even further around the man’s spine. He shivered underneath her touch.

“Don’t tempt me.â€

“Why shouldn’t I?†With her other hand, the woman wisped the other figure’s hood right off, revealing a passive face. Vivid, shoulder-length, sapphire hair composed his expression, along with a peculiar ‘X’ shaped scar criss-crossing over the bridge of his nose and above and below his golden eyes. His gaze pierced right through the floor. He didn’t even seem to notice when the female plopped herself gently onto his lap, enticing him all the more.

“You deserve a bit more attention these days,†she said, tracing a gloved finger over his jaw line.

“I said, don’t tempt me.â€

“There’s nothing wrong with it. I enjoy it. And no matter how emotionless you say you are, you know you love it too.†He remained unreceptive to her words. She planted a light kiss on the side of his face, nearly touching his lips. He shuddered, and turned away from her.

“Why aren’t you reporting to Xemnas?â€

“What was it you told me a while back? ‘The Heartless ally with whoever is strongest’? Well, my friend, I ally with you. Xemnas can wait a few more minutes.†In the end, he succumbed to her kisses, allowing them to touch his reluctant but willing lips.

“This is the last time I let you do this,†he said in between breaths. She laughed.

“That’s what you said last time.â€

It only lasted a few seconds longer before she pulled away, hands on her curving hips. The taste of her mouth still lingered on him. She stalked up to the near-by window with the light of Kingdom Hearts shining on her face. He stared after her, loving the way she looked in the moonlight. A small and nearly invisible grin pulled at his face and conscious. He dismissed the idea of this type of relationship but he secretly loved the way she charmed him.

“That idiot Axel is still chasing after her like a dog to the bone. He obviously knows where she is, so why isn’t he coming directly here?†She turned back and gazed upon his sly figure, awaiting her answer.

“If Axel tried to infiltrate this fortress, he would be exterminated almost immediately.â€

“I like the way you think.â€

“He must be waiting for something.â€

“You mean that stupid kid? What was his name?â€

“Sora.â€

“And you think that’s who he’s waiting for?â€

“…There’s no one else.â€

“Hmph,†muttered the woman. She began thinking to herself, and came back over to the man, leaning over his calm figure. “Maybe I should pay my better half another visit. You know, put some bad thoughts in her head.â€

“You’re full of bad thoughts.â€

“Aren’t we all?â€

“…Possibly.†His face was still as placid as ever, but the woman wasn’t looking at his face. She was staring deeply into his eyesheir color that of a golden flame. Immense power sat behind those eyes just waiting to be unfurled.

“I need to go to Hallow Bastion. Demyx has failed. If Axel is awaiting the Keyblade bearer, I will be there to greet him,†Getting up from his seat, the man went straight to his door. The woman seemed a bit disappointed and held her position next to his chair.

“Get back to work Mafia. Your job isn’t to hypnotize your subordinates.†The man strolled out of the room nonchalantly. It was as if nothing had ever happened between them. Mafia stared at Kingdom Hearts, a dark resolve in her shadowy heart. A Heartless resolve to be exact.

“Whatever you say…

…Saix.â€

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

6. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Good. Nothing to say more, good. But, who is Mafia?

7. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here: Is Mafia Nex's heartless?

That question aside, I'm not sure who's more dangerous: Xemnas, Saiix, Axel, Nex, or Mafia. Note: Watch all of them. Really great addition to the story, by the way. I didn't expect to see Marlene. Keep up the good work.

8. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Darn, I hoped it was obvious who she was! Oh well, if you don't figure it out, the next chapter will explain a bit more.

Maybe...^-^

I really wanted to have a more innocent piece of the story, so I decided to put Marlene in there. She's a cutie anyway. Now we all know that Axel's good with kids. Thanks!

9. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Still luving it! I luved how you brought Marlene into the story and how made Axel nice to her. I also liked the whole Mafia scene and how you introduced her. Very nice. Can't wait til I read more!

(I updated Love For a Fallen Angel....after 2 months...XD)

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I've only read section one because I don't have much time but I love it! CONTINUE UUNTIL THE END XD

11. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thanks chicka! Doing Mafia's half was my favorite, so I put Marlene in the first half just so I could show an innocent side before I showed a seductive side. ^-^

(Cool! *runs off to read*)

Well, that's okay! Thanks for reading though!

12. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

"A seductive side?" Is this going to be for Saiix or Axel?

13. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Pure uber awesomeness.

Need I say more?

14. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

No, I just wanted a 'seductive side' for Mafia to reflect Nex's innocence. OOPS!!! YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT!!!! ^-^

Nope, you've said enough. lol. Thanks! ^-^

15. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I HEARD THAT! I KNOW WHAT I HEARD!

16. Twilightwolf Merlin's Housekeeper

wooooow this is amazing i love it soooo much you are good i loved the kissing between axel/nex that was sweet i have read all of them you are so talented keep it up please

i love axel hes soooo hot
    :woohoo::woohoo::inlove::kiss::luv:

17. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Oh really? Prove it!!!

:locked2:

Aw, thanks. I tried to make it as mushy as possible. And my new thing between Mafia and Saix is gonna be fun to mess with too. Thanks for the read!!! ^-^

18. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Prove it, you say? Very well, go up four posts, and there it is. Bwahahahaha!

I'm going to post my story, Nobody's Heart, on Monday, if I remember that is.

19. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Okay, so I'm very very obvious....DARN ME!!!!

STILL CAN'T WAIT!!!! Have you had many people asking about your sig and avy?

20. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

32 views and...2 replies (one my own, the other khchick55). DARN IT! Oh well, with 2/2 positive reviews for the prologue, I think I'll get a few more responses. Here's hopin'.

Can't wait for the next installment of your story, by the way. I'm anxious to see what happens next!