The Love of a Nobody

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilit_shadow, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Where should Nex go to recover her lost memories?

1. Twilight Town

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

I was wondering that you have stopped writing all this while. >.>

Nice chapter, very interesting, hope the next one will come out. :D

2. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Can't wait until the next chapter! *bounces up and down excitedly*

OMG - this is exactly like a soap-oprah! X'D *has become quite the drama whore lately*

KEEP IT UP! :noworries:

3. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

*out of breath*

I'm SOOOO sorry!! This story didn't update in a long time, and I sorta forgot about it....*cries and hangs head in shame*

Gomenasai!!

But, I've caught up in the story, and this story is still as awesome as ever!!! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

(And, I wanna give MAD props to Nex for spitting in Xemnas' face! *high fives Nex* YOU ROCK!!!! XD)

4. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Gah! I need to pick up where I left off!

5. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Aww...Tanks chicka!!! Lotsa love!!!

Yeah, grounding and a hectic shedule can do that to ya. lol. Thanks!

Really?...*never really liked soap-oprahs* XDDD

That's okay. That means people shall notice da story!!!! >D

Thanks Foxxie!!!

I really, really, REALLY wanted to do that part. lol. *couldn't help herself* XDDD

I've got the rest of the story completely planned out. (Okay, well, no not really. XDDD ) I hope it doesn't too long to get the next chappy out... >.>

Thanks!!!

Haha. You'll get there! lol.

6. Twilightwolf Merlin's Housekeeper

WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW that was fantastic but also sad you are really good at these one of the best Axel love stories eva ^_^
    i love the ff characters there cool just asking will tifa be in one cause shes my fav one of the ff characters the last bit was saaaadd the bit when nex spat in xems face was really unexpected but bril carnt wait fot the next chapter bye bye ^_^

http://jack666rulez.deviantart.com/art/the-axeL-effect-62416740
    funny comic i found hehehe

7. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thank ya thank ya. ^-^

Tifa might be in it, but it all depends on where the story goes from here. I can prolly find a spot for her somewhere. lol. XDDD

Anyway, thanks for the love!!! I really appreciate it.

And I remember that comic. Axe can never get rid of us can he? lol.

8. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Heyyyy nice job, like always...everything was perfectly amazing. No need to say more.

9. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

A good one.

At first I didn't want to read this story because the title sounded strange and boring. But then, I am bored anyway, so i decided to check it out.

10. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Chapter 19

I got bored so I thought I'd post the next chapter. Hope ya'll like. I know its really, really short, but the next one will be much longer. Promise. >w<

And please forgive me for the distance between chapters. I just haven't had much time to work on them lately.

The Love of a Nobody... (section 19)

Axel wondered the streets of Hallow Bastion, desperately searching for some sort of clue. He wasn’t even sure what he was looking for, as long as it was something that could help Nex.

Heartless stepped into his path every few minutes, but he would merely wave them off. He wasn’t in the mood for the impudent creatures. The Nobodies that crossed him, however, were ordered to help search. Axel was tempted to shoot down a few of them to temper his attitude, but he knew it wouldn’t help. He’d still be searching for Nexydys.

Voices interrupted him. He turned to see Yuffie and Cloud taking down a bowling ball-like Heartless, about fifty yards away. He considered helping them, but knew he had better things to do. And he couldn’t risk being seen by anyone who would recognize his cloak. Didn’t he hear something about Sora being here? Maybe that’s what he was looking for…

There!

Axel swore to Kingdom Hearts that someone, or something, was watching him. He could feel a dark presence, but he would never admit it to himself. He decided to ignore it. Whoever, or whatever they were, they would show themselves eventually.

He finally made the choice to find Sora. The kid could prove useful if he had any good information. Even if he didn’t have anything to give, Axel would enjoy roughing him up a bit.

Several more Heartless jumped in front of him, blocking the way, but before Axel could send them away, a blonde man stepped in the way and cut them down with an enormous sword.

“Don’t even try to thank me Ela,†Cloud said nonchalantly, speaking with his back turned. “I know you’re leaving.â€

“Yeah.â€

“So,†Cloud began, and then turned to face Axel. “I know you would’ve done the same in my position.†Axel smirked. Same old Cloud. With slow steps, he walked up to his old friend, his right hand held out. Cloud shook it, a look of recognition in his eyes.

“Don’t do anything stupid this time Ela.â€

Axel laughed. “You know I will.â€

Cloud nodded, and leapt away, eager to join the rest of the fight. Axel could only look after him, wished he could help. But Sora was his main objective now. In the back of his mind, Axel could see nothing but the little brown-haired boy, the one who reminded him so much of the other one….

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

11. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Reading this reminded me how much I hate Sora for some reason. XD

*stabs him*

Anywas... You're right - it is short. I'm interested in seeing how you're gonna be gluing all this stuff up with the plot. XD

Wow. XD *is laughing about how different our stories are* Parellel universe FTW. XDDDDD

12. Twilightwolf Merlin's Housekeeper

13. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Well, I guess thats what it pretty much is; parallel. Its the KH2 story but with mwah's twist on it. ^-^

We all had better hate Sora....I really liked him in the first KH cause he was so innocent and not so in your face about his "good is better than evil attitude". Now he's just annoying...

Oh, I have that pic in my favorites. ^-^

Thanks so much!

14. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Truer words were never spoken. =\

15. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Chapter 20

Wow....twenty chapters. I can't believe its this dang long. Anyway, guess it'll give me more fans right? XD

Obviously, a bit longer than the other one. Enjoy.

The Love of a Nobody... (section 20)

“Hey there.”

Nex raised her head an inch or two, just enough to see who had invaded her thoughts. Mafia stood in the doorway, a pair of keys swinging around her fingers. One key had the shape of a small heart but a dark ‘x’ was interlaced inside it. Nex knew it as the Heartless symbol. The other key resembled that of the Nobody; another heart with three jagged points lying underneath.

“Want some freedom?” Mafia asked.

Nex nodded, not sure if it was a good idea to say no. Mafia slipped the keys gracefully into the locks on the door, each of them finding their place. Nex watched the Heartless carefully. Her face was passive, her eyes blank. The young Nobody was at a loss; why would Mafia be letting her out?

“Saix said it might be a good idea to let you get up and walk for a bit,” Mafia said in her smooth voice, answering Nex’s thoughts. “Since you’re going to be living with us soon, you might as well have a look at your future home.” And with an overly loud click, the locks were undone and the gated door was wide open.

“I…I’m not sure what to say.”

“Just follow me.” And Nex did. She watched Mafia closely as she moved away from the room of never-ending prison and walked onto a patterned balcony. Mafia gestured to the balcony and Nex strolled up to it as well. The view below was breathtaking; it was as if a massive black hole had inhabited itself within the Organization’s castle, leaving an empty space beneath the many walkways and rooms. Nex had never really noticed it before.

“Cool, ain’t it?” Mafia stated.

“Um…sure.” Nex knew ‘cool’ wasn’t exactly the right word for it.

“I’ve only been to the eighth basement. Saix never let me go past that, but I’ll find a way around him sooner or later.” Mafia paused and watched her distinctive half gaze at the shafts of darkness that engulfed the castle far below. The Heartless half of her considered pushing her over the edge, but that would make Saix unhappy, so she avoided that thinking. Besides, it would’ve been no good to her if Nex died. “Come on. We’ve got a lot more to see.”

It took them several hours but eventually Mafia had led Nex through nearly ever corner of the complicated castle. Nex was surprised the place was so big, but she guessed it was because she had never seen the outside.

“You know why your powers are gone?”

“What?” What did she just say?

“Do you want to know?”

“I, uh…I guess.”

“My power, the reason why they keep me around,” started the Heartless in this seemingly light conversation, “is that I can absorb and stop the fluctuation of energy around me. The atoms and particles that seem to make our magic work can be stopped by a simple electric current. That’s what I can do. It’s like pulling the plug on a machine; the power is still there, it just can’t work without the source. You understand Nexydys?”

“Yes.”

“Good. I made a mistake in thinking you had a small brain,” taunted Mafia. Nex flustered, but said nothing. “But anyway, that’s the majority of my powers. I could also manipulate this energy if I wanted to, but I choose not too. Messing around with atoms is a disastrous business.”

Nex nodded. She distinctly remembered studying these microscopic essences back in Ansem’s labs, when she was still human. It was a small memory, but a memory nonetheless.

“The only downfall to this ability is that I can’t turn it on or off whenever I want to. It comes and goes, but for the most part remains in effect. On the upper hand, this keeps me safe from unwanted foes. But, on the latter, this talent of mine also incapacitates Saix and everyone else, along with yourself.” Nex pondered at this. Was this for real? If Mafia could step away, would she really regain her strength? “It is not something they will talk about, and if you ask, they will know that I told you. So keep your mouth shut. I won’t hesitate to kill you otherwise. I have ways of torture other than my powers.”

Again, Nex bobbed her head in understanding. She wouldn’t underestimate her better half, even to save her life.

“Why are you telling me this, then?” said Nex. “Why are you risking so much to tell me this little bit of information? Is it really that valuable?”

Mafia turned, and let out a small sigh under her breath. She closed her pitch black eyes, and stopped the conversation for a moment.

“Because…I want you to eliminate them Nexydys.”

“Excuse me? I don’t think so.”

“Don’t argue with me,” said Mafia, angered. “I am bound to them and I couldn’t destroy them, no matter how much I want too. You’re the only one capable of doing it besides the keyblade kid, and he’s already taken out five or six of them.” Mafia stared at Nexydys unflinchingly. “They have to be killed Nex, before they do any more damage to Kingdom Hearts.”

“But I thought that Xemnas was-”

“No. He may be gathering hearts, but in the end, Kingdom Hearts won’t return the favor. You’ll see if you live long enough. Xemnas won’t be able to withstand the otherworldly powers that he thinks he controls.”

“And what about you and Saix? Are you just going to walk away from him?”

“I will be sad to see Saix go, yes, but I still don’t know if my heart follows him or not. It has always been his amazing power that began my lust of him, but I’m not sure if that feeling is still there.” Mafia stopped and flipped back some stray pieces of hair that had fallen away from the bunch. She pushed them back in place, and sighed again. “I just can’t take a chance with him anymore.”

“…Why me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“No.”

Mafia laughed. “You were one of the few to defy them, Nexydys. And it wasn’t just because of Axel either. You both still linger within the realm of light, and this is what makes you stand out. There was another one, a young boy, who did the same thing and rumor has it that his Somebody is actually the keybearer himself. So you see Nexydys, you and Axel are not normal Nobodies. Your hearts keep your emotions close to you, and help you see right from wrong. This is how you were able to go against the Organization in the first place. If it weren’t for that, you’d be with them down to this day and beyond.”

“Mmm…I think I understand. Do you think our original hearts are as strong as the keybearers?”

“Its very possible; doubtful, but still possible.”

“Wow…I never thought to much about all this to be honest. Its very…”

“Confusing?”

“No…Interesting.”

“Hmph. Well I’m glad you get it. It would’ve taken me a lot longer to explain to one of the other bozos.”

“Thank you Mafia, for your help.”

“Seriously, don’t mention it to anybody. I’d be in major trouble if they found out. They couldn’t do anything to me while my powers are in effect but when they’re not…” Mafia shuddered slightly. “Anyway, now you know just about everything. You ready?”

“Ready for what?”

“To leave.”

“What?! You’re joking right?”

“I never joke at times like these Nex. You and that keybearer are the only real hope we have of freedom.” Whipping her hand out, Mafia began the cycle of conjuring up a portal, an endless abyss of darkness that would lead Nexydys to the outside world. “Find Axel if you want, but keep that objective at the forefront. It’ll keep your mind on track. Now get going.”

“Wait, what will you tell them once I’ve left?”

“That you escaped. Simple as that. I’ll figure out the details later.” Mafia grinned. “Now hurry up before somebody notices.”

But Nexydys was blank. Of all the people in this castle, her Heartless was releasing her?

A trick. It had to be.

“What if I don’t want to leave?”

“Then I’ll make you. Now go!” Mafia’s hand landed roughly on Nex’s back and forced her into the portal. Powerless and weak, Nex had no choice but to fall into nothingness. A second later, the portal had disappeared.

Mafia huffed out a heavy breath. She waited for a little while to move from her position. It was cruel, letting her Nobody leave without her. It felt like a piece of her life had just been ripped away. Mafia began walking towards a depressing hallway, letting her head hang.

“You know you have just condemned your existence.”

A slight gasp left Mafia’s dark lips. She knew that voice….

It haunted her everyday. And it was back again, but to destroy her.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

16. Roxazthelight Hollow Bastion Committee

can i join with the others?

17. Twilightwolf Merlin's Housekeeper

cool good chaptor hope Axel and nex meet again please make them ^_^

18. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

*LE GASP*

*OBJECTION!point* SILENCE, YOU! D< The genuis is at work here!

DON'T TELL HER HOW TO WRITE DA STORY!!!

*tacklez*

((P.S., I'm joking. It's all gewd. XD))

Anywayz, good work as always, Twi! =3 You sure know how to keep the crowd on their feet! :D

19. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

So kewl! I thought Mafia was a bad girl. D<
    Good one. :noworries:

20. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

I'll see what I can do. But sorry, no spoilers. >3

Thanks Foxxie. I try. A lil too hard, but I try. lol

And genuis is a major overstatement. Trust me. *redirects compliments towards Foxxie*

Nah, I wanted to try something different. So, she's good now. Thanks!