The Love of a Nobody

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilit_shadow, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Where should Nex go to recover her lost memories?

1. Twilight Town

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Aww! How sweet! Thanks forsaken! I still want to read yours, when your next section coming?

2. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

O.O

Chapter 4,5 and 6 are up!
    Twilit you twit :p

3. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Hey! (okay, I really hope no one uses that as a nickname for me now....) But thanks anyway forsaken! And I'll read your stuff right now....

4. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

The Love of a Nobody...(section 6)

Alright guys. This one will be better than the last one. I understand the last one’s choppiness and this one will be better. This one’s a little long by the way. Please post and review as always!

The Love of a Nobody… (section 6)

“I said, who are you?” The man’s grip tightened and his sword inched closer to her neck. Nex had to lift her head higher to avoid a lethal blow. “Answer me, or this will be a very short conversation.” For every second that ticked by, Nex could tell that his blade was closer and closer to killing her.

“Nexydys!” she cried out. The man stopped.

“Really?” he asked. His voice reflected a humorous tone. “Another one of the Organization’s pawns. Come on, you’re coming with me.” The man grabbed her wrists tightly and held them at the base of her back so she couldn’t move without him knowing. But, Nex wouldn’t let this guy take her wherever he wanted without a fight. She struggled as much as she could.

“And if I say no?” The man lifted up his sword to her neck again, emphasizing that he meant what he said.

“Oh, I don’t think you will.”

- - - - - - - - - - -

Nex was pushed, pulled, dragged, and yanked all the way up to a mysterious 2-story mansion. It had a creepy air surrounding it, almost like it was a cemetery. A large set of gates blocked their entrance. It was covered in chains complete with a blitzball sized lock. Nex opened her mouth to say something sarcastic to her captor about not being able to open his own door but, instead, she watched as the cloaked man help up his bat-shaped sword to the door. A bright beam of light struck the lock, making it disappear. Nex couldn’t believe her eyes. Before she had a chance to ask about what she had just seen, she was pushed through the now open gates.

“Move it.”

The inside of the mansion was just as bad as the outside. Although the building itself had a very homey feel to it, that feeling was crushed because of the amount of destruction that had been wreaked upon it. Broken windows, pieces of the roof, and a door that was completely blocked surrounded her. A table in the middle of the room had been totally smashed.

The man shoved her all the way up to the second story, and into a giant library. There was a single table in the middle. Nex searched the room for some sort of passageway but there were none that she could see. The man stood behind her, calmly waiting.

“So,” Nex started, “Is something supposed to hap-“ She never got to finish. The carpeted floor in front of them vanished along with the table. Nex glanced down at the secret room that had been hidden only moments ago. It looked as if the entire room was a computer-system. The walls were a bluish color and had hundreds of wires and pipes coursing through them. “What is that?”

“None of your concern. Keep going.” He continued to push her down the stairs, even tripping her at one point. Nex was getting annoyed. She thought about using her so-called powers, like she did earlier at the castle. But that would probably kill her at this point. Or did she have the strength to do it?

The next room was a computer. Several of them were lined up on the walls. One screen reflected a small picture of a person, a boy to be precise. Along the side of the picture were graphs, data-lines, and information on the boy. But, just like before, she didn’t get a chance to ask what it was all about.

He forced her up to a small corridor. It was circle shaped and had some sort of beam coming out of it. The man touched it with the tip of his finger, but nothing happened.

“Was that supposed to do something?” asked Nex sarcastically.

“You’re not in the best position to be making jokes,” the man replied, tightening his hold on Nex.

“Brought back another one have you?” a deep voice said from behind them. Nex’s captor turned her around to face another person. He was sitting at the same computer she had seen moments before. His face was almost completely concealed by red bandages but his golden eyes stood out more than anything else. “When are you going to learn Riku that these people are not going to help you?”

“She may have some valuable information, DiZ, and that is something I won’t let slip away.” The man sitting in the chair, obviously named DiZ, heaved a heavy sigh.

“Riku, they’re Nobodies.” Nex flinched as he said that word. The N-word. The word she never wanted to hear. Ever. Again. “Even if she did tell you something worthwhile, it may not be of any use to you. Or to anyone for that matter. Have Namine erase her memory of this place and put her back where you found her.” The cloaked man was silent. Nex watched as DiZ casually went back to his computer and typed up more information, as if his words meant nothing.

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“I won’t be your puppet!” screamed Nex. “I don’t care if my emotions are fake, I won’t be controlled by anyone!” Her anger rose to an unimaginable level. She could feel her power growing. Her eyes flickered to a ghostly white. Riku and DiZ backed away from her. Her hair flew about like it was possessed and she eventually was lifted off the ground. Nothing could stop her now.

She emitted a giant wave that took destruction into its own hands. DiZ and Riku were blown onto the floor from the force of it. DiZ was tangled up in his chair and Riku had been knocked unconscious from hitting a computer screen. This is my chance! Nex ran out of there as fast as she could.

But her strength wouldn’t let her keep going. Her legs, her arms, even her eyes were ceasing all motion. She knew she wouldn’t last much longer. Axel…Help me… But he never did. As Nex went down the stairs, her feet betrayed her and she fell the rest of the way. Even though Nobodies didn’t feel pain, the pretended pain that she felt was excruciating. Nex was tangled up in her own limbs. She was sprawled out across the floor and couldn’t move. All she could do was look up to see a pair of legs coming towards her. They were pale, even more so than the moon. She lifted her head up higher. Her blurred vision would only let her see a young girl with a white dress on and completely blond hair. No, I can’t…not again…

- - - - - - - - - -

Nex awoke to a plain, all white room. The walls were covered in sketches and drawings that looked like those of a five-year-old. A large white table took up most of the room. She struggled to get up. The effects of her powers were still lurking in her mind.

“You’re awake.” Nex searched the room for the source of the voice. A young girl, around 15, stood next to a large window that filled up an entire wall by itself. She was looking outside through the curtains but she seemed…scared.

“You…” Nex tried as hard as she could to speak. “You’re the girl I saw.”

“Yes.” The girl turned to look at Nex, her bright blue eyes inquiring as to what she would see. “My name is Namine. I’m supposed to erase your memories.”

“Oh really?” asked Nex. But Namine shook her head. She was serious. So was Nex. “Well? Get on with it. It’s not like I have anything I want to hold onto.” Her hate was blazing. Being a Nobody was harder than anyone could ever imagine. And she was one. What was there left to live for? Maybe if she started over, she would never remember being this…thing….this creature.

“I’m not going to do anything.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“You and I are the same, Nexydys.”

“Wait, how do you know my name?”

“We don’t have much time. You’ll need to leave as soon as possible. Axel is here.” Nex’s eyes burst open. He was here? “Go and find him. He’ll get you out of here.”

“But what about you?”

Namine smiled. “I don’t have a choice. I have to stay. But you have to go. He’ll help you, but you need to go, now.” Namine strode quickly to Nex’s side and helped her up. The two girls looked at each other. Namine knew what would happen to Nex if she stayed and Nex knew what would happen if she didn’t leave. She had to find Axel.

Nex left the room but not without one last look at Namine. She was back to gazing out the window. She was waiting for something, but what Nex would never know what.

She ran as fast as her legs would carry her down the stairs, and into the main room. The double doors in front of her suddenly opened before she could reach them. She took a quick glance around the room for some place, any place to hide. There was nothing. Nex stood her ground, closed her eyes, and calmly awaiting whatever doom would walk through that door.

“Nex?”

“Axel?”

“What are you doing here?” Axel was walking through the door in a major hurry. He had a slight limp in his left leg and he was clutching his arm.

“What are you doing here?” Nex ran to his side just as he was about to collapse.

“I had to take care of something. You need to get back to the castle. You could get hurt here.”

“Yeah, just like you?” She gently helped him sit down on the ground so he could regain his breath. He obviously didn’t want to be seen this weak, but he had no choice in the matter.

“I’m telling you, you have to get back!” Axel grabbed his arm like it was being burned off.

“I’m not leaving you! You’re hurt, you need help,” Nex tried to pull Axel up so they could leave together, but he wouldn’t let her.

“I said go!” Axel lifted his hand up and pointed towards the wall. Just like Xaldin did, Axel opened up a doorway to darkness. “I’ll be right behind you.” Nex wanted to believe him, she really did. But something was telling her that he was in trouble. She gazed knowingly into his emerald green eyes and listened to what they were telling her. Axel needed her to leave. She listened to him but she knew she would regret making that decision.

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright, you know the drill. (I couldn’t resist the reference to FFX by the way!) And thanks again for reading!

5. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Wow...I mean really WOW.
    That was great. Nay, amazing!
    *slits wrists due to amazingness*

*Still alive* Amazing! I'm still alive due to the amazingness of this story!

And I really like how you put actual events in there.
    Like when Namine was gazing outside and waiting for someone.

Uhm, but what was the FFX reference?
    I'm sorry but the last time I played FFX was 4 years ago O.o

*Tries to slit wrists again*

6. Rosey Chaser

YAY! Another chapter!!!!! I like it! Was he fighting roxas again..... shame on u axel:)

7. ThunderOfLarxene Gummi Ship Junkie

omg that was sooo good, i really enjoy this story, your a great writer, cant wait for the next one yay

8. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thanks you guys! I appreciate the love! And forsaken? I was talking about the blitzball. ^.^

9. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

I love this story, I waited so long for you to come out with the 6th chapter after I read the first one. =) Great work, and keep it up. Your writing style reminds me of my own ;)

*P.S.* I like your new avatar ^_^ *

10. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Tee hee! Thanks! I like yours too!

11. Pure Beats~ Chaser

OMG!!!! That is sooooooo much better than mine!!!!! I am soo jealous now!!!! Good job!!!!!

12. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

I love this story!!!! >DDDDDD

YAAAAY, update! XDDD

<insert random bouncing off the walls here>

13. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Awesome. Keep it up.

14. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

15. Gravity Chaser

Yay! My home-sis' story ROCKS! Go you, go you, it's yah birthday.

In english, that's "Amazazing, as always."

(Who can tell I'm hyped up on ibuprofen?)

16. Dawn King's Apprentice

It is amazing, as ever, but I couldn't tell if you're adding a hint of emotion in Namine's voice or not.:confused:

17. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thank you so much for the feedback guys. I hope to have section 7 up by tomorrow night because I am currently not using my home computer. It's coming though, so be prepared to hate Xigbar even more.

And I can tell *Oblivion*!! Keep rockin home-girl!!!! And thanks for the review!

18. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

NUUUUUUUU!!!! DX

*ded* X.x;

19. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Sorry Foxxie! I tried using one of the other characters and it just didn't work. Sorry!

20. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

The Love of a Nobody...(section 7)

Section 7! Dang am I having fun with this! Please enjoy and comment truthfully. And I’m sorry this took so long to get up. With all the stuff that’s been going on, I’m surprised I’ve had time to get on here. This section is dedicated to my best friend *Oblivion*. Keep rockin!

The Love of a Nobody… (section 7)

Axel returned wounded both physically and mentally. He went straight to his room as soon as he got back. He knew that everyone would want to know what happened. And he didn’t feel like telling anybody that he had failed, miserably. His friend wasn’t coming back….

He plopped down onto his bed, put his hands behind his head, shut his eyes, and tried to relax. This whole situation was not helping his sleeping habits. The room was kept in complete darkness. For some reason, when he was depressed, Axel felt relief when he was surrounded by the shadows. He felt comfortable when he was in the dark. The only light that soothed him was the light from the moon, from Kingdom Hearts.

He saw it everyday. It was like a decisive symbol that was burned into his mind. Kingdom Hearts was the source of all hearts and it was where the Organization would find their humanity.

Axel’s thoughts were disrupted by a sudden knock at his door.

“Can’t you see the door’s closed?â€

“Axel?†A woman’s voice. Axel turned over in his bed to see Nex standing at the door. “Whoa, hey! Sorry ‘bout that.†But Nex didn’t need the apology. She was stark raving mad. Her temper had boiled over to the size of Kingdom Hearts itself. How can he just sit there like that?! She was desperately trying to stave off the urge to smack him upside the head. She put her hands on her hips and marched confidently up to him. She had to get to the bottom of all this.

“What exactly were you trying to do to that kid?â€

“Huh?â€

“Were you going to kill him too? Or were you just fighting him for the heck of it?†Axel was genuinely confused until he realized what she was talking about.

“Wait, Nex, you don’t understand. I-â€

“Oh, I understand completely!†Her violet eyes stared into his with a blazing intensity. He wasn’t getting away with this. “Xaldin told me that you killed off members of the Organization. And now you’ve reduced yourself down to picking on little kids? What is wrong with you?!†Axel avoided her piercing gaze. He looked at the floor like he was a child receiving punishment from a parent. Nex couldn’t tell, but he acted like he was truly ashamed of himself.

“You don’t get it,†he muttered.

“Well then explain it to me!†That was the turning point. She had crossed the line. Axel jumped to his feet. His hands sparked and lit up in balls of fire.

“He was my friend okay!†Axel’s face was contorted in explicit rage. His red hair was glowing in the light of the flame. But Nex was speechless. She had never seen him this angry before. She lowered her head in submission, admitting defeat. Axel was panting heavily from his frustration. He calmed down little by little, and with each deep breath that he took, his fire balls slowly went out. Once they had dissolved, he had regained his composure.

“Look, Nex, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go off on you like that.†Nex carefully considered his words, but chose to ignore them. He wasn’t going to do this to her. Period.

“Save it for a Nobody who cares.†Axel was taken aback by her reaction but Nex didn’t care. She spun on her heels and left the room. “You’re not the same Axel I used to know,†she said while slamming the door to his room.

Axel stood in disbelief. Does everyone hate me this much? He made a loud groan and let gravity bring back down onto his bed with a hard plop. “Why do I even bother?â€

“Because we tell you to.†Axel recognized Xigbar’s voice but refused to get up to face him.

“What do you want this time?â€

“Well I just passed the new kid in the hallway and she didn’t look too happy.†Xigbar stood over Axel with an accusing grin. “What’d you do to her?†Axel instantly sat up.

“Nothing!â€

“As if. Just like you didn’t do anything to Rox-â€

“Don’t say his name!â€

“Why not?†Axel jumped right into Xigbar’s face.

“I said shut up Xigbar! Or so help me I’ll-â€

“You’ll what?†The Freeshooter shoved Axel back, nearly knocking him over. Before he could react, Axel felt the point of a bullet at the edge of his neck. He stood completely still, knowing that any movement he made could kill him. Xigbar was cracking up.

“You know, I think Xemnas would be a little ticked if you tried to kill me, but if it was the other way around…Well, I guess it wouldn’t matter, now would it?†Xigbar continued to laugh hysterically. Axel could feel the bullet puncturing his skin. His life was hanging by a thread. So this is how it ends… Axel closed his eyes and bravely awaited his unanticipated death. It’s not like I have anything left… Xigbar waved at the defenseless redhead comically. “Buh-bye!†And then, Xigbar pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened. Axel flinched, but nothing happened.

“What the-†started Xigbar. He pulled the trigger on his guns over and over again but couldn’t get them to work.

“Leave. Him. Alone.†Xigbar turned sharply to see Nexydys in the doorway. She had her hand out in front of her and her purple eyes had turned a pure white.

“What’re you gonna do, girly? Wave me to death?†Xigbar’s laughs echoed throughout the room, but they were cut short when the gun he had pointing at Axel made a crunching noise. And another. Nex’s hand was balling into a fist and with each movement of her hand, Xigbar’s gun cracked a little more. Xigbar was dumfounded. Eventually, the remains of the gun lay in scattered pieces on the floor.

“So you do have powers.â€

“Shut up.â€

“I still have one good gun. Maybe I should test out your reflexes on your little boyfriend here.†An evil grinned crossed Xigbar’s face as he pointed a laser bullet into Axel’s face. “It’s all up to you. Does he live or die?†Nex started to panic. But Axel took the opportunity that was open to him. Axel jumped forward, knocking Xigbar off guard. He swept up his gun and tossed it across the room. He held both the Freeshooters’s arms behind his back in a forced lock of his arm. Before Xigbar could react, the sharp point of a chakram was on his neck.

“Don’t move.†Axel whispered in his ear. Nex relaxed but she was still glowing. She seemed to float from her position at the door over to the two Nobodies. Her face was twisted with her rage. Xigbar held his ground, but Nex could tell that he was scared. His breathing had sped up, his body was tense, sweat dripped from his forehead, but most of all, she could see it in his eyes. Nex ran her finger over Xigbar’s chin in a taunting manner.

“It seems you’re in no position to be making jokes,†She realized that she was echoing the words of her kidnapper, but at the moment, she could care less. “Perhaps I should test out your reflexes on your neck?†Nex lifted her hand and gripped Xigbar firmly. Then, she started squeezing. Her ghostly eyes glowed brighter than ever as she was killing him. It was a sensation she had never felt before but now that she had experienced it, she liked it.

“Nex,†said Axel. He wanted Xigbar dead more than anyone but this was neither the time nor the place. “Nex? Nex! Just let him go. He’s not worth it.†The female Nobody’s eyes were extremely pale, reflecting the enormous amount of power she was using. It wouldn’t last much longer. Xigbar started to choke and Axel nearly had to step in. Nex released her grasp regretfully. Xigbar tumbled down to the floor, gagging as he went. Axel and Nex stood over the Freeshooter menacingly.

“Get. Out.†said Nex, emphasizing each word strongly.

“You’re gonna pay for this,†he choked out as he warped away. As soon as he was gone, Nex closed her eyes and opened them back up to reveal her original ones. Axel let out a relieved sigh and dismissed his chakrams.

“Well that was close.†Nex fell the floor. She had used her powers for too long. Now, she was going to pay for it. “Nex!†He ran to her side as fast as he could, catching her before her frail body slammed into the concrete. “Nex!†He started shaking her to wake her up but it was too late. She was already unconscious.

- - - - - - - - - -

Okay, section VIII may not be up for awhile. I have a lot of stuff going on, but it will be up. Mark my words. Please rate and review truthfully! Thanks for reading!