The Love of a Nobody

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilit_shadow, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Where should Nex go to recover her lost memories?

1. Twilight Town

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

NUUUUUU, XIGBAR'S TEH EVIL PERSON NOW!!! DX

OH WELL!!!!

LUUUUUUUUUV IT!!!!

But his weapons are called guns, not bullets, right...? They shoot bullets. XD;

WHO CARES!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*waves around a random flag like crazy, laughing her head off*

PAGE PWN, BIZNOTCHES!!! XDDDDD

2. Gravity Chaser

Well..guns are sometimes called bullets...it depends on where you're from *shrugs.*

But of course you know what I think. PERFECT! Go twi!

3. Pure Beats~ Chaser

O. M. G. THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! I LUVED IT!!!!!

YOU ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait til section VIII is up.:D

4. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Yay!!! Thanks for the love once again!

And notice that it's section VIII and not 8. Hint hint.

5. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Surrusly?! =O

Wow... Well, I guess ya learn somethin' new everyday... ^-^;

6. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Great!! Take your time to think of Chapter/Section 8. I'll be waiting patient.

7. ThunderOfLarxene Gummi Ship Junkie

aww i love this story so much

It WAS GREAT

8. Mr_Burble Merlin's Housekeeper

Very good story you have brewing. ^_^ I have also noticed, Xigbar controls space and she seems to control gravity. SO, they seem to be opposites in a way. o.o But, anyway, can't wait for chapter 2.

9. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Well, it'll actually be section VIII, but that's okay, you probably had a typo.

Don't worry, the next section is coming. I'm gonna work on it non-stop as soon as I get home tonight. Be on the look-out!

10. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Awesome!Amazing! Breathtaking!.....Darn I need to look up more words xD.

Great work as always Twilit!
    I love your passion of writting. It's too good!

Really can't wait for the next section.

11. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Hmmm...That sounds awfully familiar...:p coughmyownfanficcough

Great story I love it

12. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thank you very much! Section VIII is done and ready to go, but I need to get it proofed first. Be ready!

13. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

The Love of a Nobody...(section VIII)

This one’s gonna be a bit sloppy and a little random, but that’s what keeps us all going right? Anyway, enjoy and comment truthfully! Once again, this is dedicated to all my friends including *Oblivion*, khchick55, 2Foxxie4U, and all you other crazy writers out there!

The Love of a Nobody… (section VIII)

What is this place? Where am I?

Thousands of scattered images flew past in a blur, but she couldn’t grasp them long enough to clear them up. The world that surrounded her was nothing but black. There was literally nothing. No sound, no sun, not even a breath of fresh air. There was just nothing. But Nex felt something. A familiarity with this place erupted from her mind. She knew where she was, and yet she didn’t have a clue. Once again, her memories flashed out at her, hassling her, telling her that she knew this place. But Nex didn’t know at all. At least, not yet.

Then, the world burst open with light of the brightest kind. Hundreds of pigments filled up the empty spaces to create an unbelievable landscape. The darkness had disappeared and was replaced by light. Nex took a moment to breath it all in. For some reason, she felt like she was…home.

“Hey Syd!”

Huh?

“Come on girl! Let’s get going! He’s been waiting on us for forever!”

Wait, who are you? Nex swiveled about to see who was talking to her. She realized that she was looking through someone’s eyes other than her own. Well, they were her eyes but not her consciousness, not her mind. It belonged to someone else. But it all seemed so familiar…

A lone figure stood in front of her. Her black hair was cropped short and a strap of leather was wrapped around her head. She wore bright clothes that showed off her figure and had on boots that went up past her knees.

“Come on Syd! There’s not time to waste! Squall’s been lookin’ for you so you better get going!”

Who’s Squall? Hey! Come back here! The girl had run off ahead without a second thought. Nex struggled to keep up with her, but she stopped as she examined the world that she found herself in.

Radiant Garden. The name screamed at her from the back of her mind. But what was a Radiant Garden? Nex gazed at her surroundings, convinced that they lay hidden somewhere in her broken memories. But did Nobodies even have memories?

Buildings shot up out of nowhere and lay in small, uneven clumps. A giant castle lay to the east with the sun shining just behind it. But what captivated her most was the skyline. Beams of light that resembled shining stars were coming out of nowhere and landing aimlessly on the ground. They then went out like they never existed in the first place. One landed right in front of Nex. She looked at it like she would the moon; with awe and inquisitiveness. It was like a light bulb that was constantly glowing until the electricity was turned off.

“SYD! Let’s go!” yelled the strange girl again.

“Right, coming!” Who was that? There was another voice that was familiar to her, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. But was that her voice? It came from her mouth and yet it wasn’t her voice.

As fast as she could, she ran to catch up with the other girl. Her blonde hair bounced in front of her face as she ran.
    Wait, blonde?! Nex grabbed her hair and ran her fingers through it to see if it was real. It did feel like real hair but it wasn’t hers to feel. It was someone else’s.

Nex rushed into a small room with a computer, bed, and hundreds of books on numerous shelves. She bent over to catch her breath and looked up at the strange people that were in front of her. An older man, in his early thirties, was sitting at the computer typing away aimlessly. The girl she had seen before stood at the computer watching the other man type. Another man, this one in his late teens, stood quietly off to the side. He was leaning up against the wall and had his eyes closed as if he was concentrating on something. His long brown hair hung in and around his face, covering up a small scar going across the bridge of his nose from left to right.

“Squall?” asked the strange voice of Nex’s. The man opened his eyes and smiled as he saw Nex.

“Hey Syd. It’s been a while since I last saw you around. How’ve you been?”

“Yeah, it’s been a pretty long time huh? I’ve been helping Master Ansem with his research and he has me kinda busy.”

“That’s okay! As long as you get to see us every once in a while, we’re alright with that,” said the girl. She was very over-excited about the whole situation.

“What exactly does he have you doing anyway?” asked Squall.

“Well, actually…” The voice trailed off. Nex wanted whoever was speaking to pick back up where they left off. She was very interested in what they had to say.

“Oh, that’s right, you aren’t supposed to say anything,” said Squall. He had obviously taken the words right out of her mouth. “You know, we haven’t talked in a while, so is there anything new besides research?”

“Not really. It’s always the same old stuff. Has Cloud come back yet? He was just leaving when I was here last.”

“Yeah,” said Computer man. A small piece of straw hung out of his mouth, preventing him from speaking the right way. “He stopped in a couple hours ago to ask where that Sephiroth guy was. ‘Course, we don’t know nothing about that kid anymore than he knows about us. You never know; he might come back later to say hi.”

“He’s still looking for Sephiroth?” The voice was silent for a second. “What does Aerith think of all this?”

“I’m right here. Why don’t you ask me yourself?” Nex whipped around to see a young girl in a bright pink dress which were offset by a pair of brown hiking boots. Her long brown hair was wrapped up in a twisting ponytail held up by a pink bow.

“Aerith!” Nex’s fake body ran up to the girl and hugged her tightly. “Gosh, it’s been way too long!”

“How’ve you been Sydney?”

“Pretty good, but what about you? I know Cloud sorta up and left again. Is everything okay?”

“Yes, fine. I actually just talked to him. He’s on his way over, but he has some more searching to do.”

“He’ll never give up huh?”

Aerith shook her head. “Not until his darkness is fully eradicated.” Nex’s other head nodded in understanding. Even though Nex herself didn’t know what was going on, the other person did. Sydney knew.

“Well, on to more pleasant matters,” squeaked the other girl.

“Is everything okay here Yuffie?” asked Aerith.

“Yup! Everything’s in tip-top shape! Right Cid?”

“Shut-up woman, I’m workin!” yelled the man in the computer chair. The girl named Yuffie smacked the man on the head in retaliation for the bitter comment. “Ow!”

“Serves you right!” Their bickering went back and forth for several minutes. Meanwhile, Squall, Aerith, and Sydney had their own conversation.

“So Sydney, have you seen Ela yet?” asked Aerith.
    Ela? Who’s Ela? But Nex’s other mind had serious butterflies. Every nervous tendon in her body had snapped. What was this feeling she was experiencing? And was she actually feeling something? For the first time?

“No, not yet…” said the voice sadly.

“He’ll show up once he finds out you’re in town,” said Squall placing a comforting hand on Nex’s shoulder. “Besides, you two have a way of bumping into each other somehow.”

“He’ll be here,” said Aerith.

“Thanks you guys,” said the voice. It had perked up a little, but there was still a hint of sadness in its tone. “I want to see him before Master Ansem called me back again for an extended stay. Ienzo says it won’t be for much longer but that’s what he said last time.”

“What does Xehanort say? Hasn’t he confided in you in the past?” asked Squall.

“Yeah but he hasn’t been around much lately. He’s been immersed in his studies and he doesn’t talk to us very much anymore.”

“That’s strange,” replied Aerith. She held her chin in her hand as she pondered over these words. “Something may be troubling him. I hope everything turns out all right for Xehanort and Master Ansem.”

“Oh it will. Master Ansem’s assured us that his research is going to take us farther than ever before in the study of hearts. It’s going to be amazing once it’s all done!”

“Mind if I join you?” The trio turned their heads to the doorway. Even Cid and Yuffie stopped mid-fight to see who was at the house. A young man with bright blonde hair and a dark outfit walked into the room casually. He didn’t look very happy, but Cloud always had that expression on his face.

“Cloud!” yelled Nex’s other voice. She ran to the man and embraced him warmly. He was taken aback by her affection and lightly tapped her on the back. He seemed a bit embarrassed.

“Hey Syd. How’s it been?”

“Good. What about you? Caught Sephiroth yet?”

“Nah, but I’ll get him. You know I will.” Cloud stopped speaking when he saw Aerith looking at him. He walked up to her but didn’t do a thing.

“Was there anything new?” Aerith asked.

“No.” Cloud answered, plain and simple. Aerith didn’t ask for any more information because she knew Cloud would volunteer none. It was unbearably quiet until Cloud turned his attention back to Nex/Syd. “So Syd, anything new?”

“Well,-”

“Haven’t seen you in a while.” For the final time, the group turned their heads towards their intruder. Only, it wasn’t an intruder. A young man in his late teens was standing in the doorway. He wore a plain white shirt that was opened in the front and black baggy jeans. His pure, raven black hair fell into his emerald eyes, but it couldn’t hide their indescribable beauty. Two identical black marks were underneath both eyes and were shaped like a crescent moon.

The girl that Nex was inhabiting squealed with joy. Even Nex herself felt something in her chest that made the butterflies burst. She ran to the boy and jumped right into his arms. He held her tightly and spun her around in the air. There was something about this boy…

“Ela, I’ve missed you so much,” said Nex/Syd. Nex’s other half started to cry into the boy’s shoulder. He hugged her even tighter.

“I know, I know, I missed you too. But we’re here, together now, right?”

“Right!” They both stepped back from their embrace and looked deeply into the other’s eyes. Nex gazed into his green ones and Ela gazed into her blues. Then, with their arms wrapped around each other, they shared a tender and loving kiss. It was one that Nex would never forget and neither would Sydney. The others only looked away to give them a small piece of privacy.

Wait! Ela?! Every memory that Nex had ever had came flooding back during that kiss. About Squall, about Radiant Garden, Aerith, Cloud, Sydney, and now Ela. Nex suddenly realized something about this Sydney girl.
    Is she my Other? My Somebody? But that means…The girl that was Sydney withdrew from the kiss and gazed intently at Ela.

Axel?

- - - - - - - - - -

“She doesn’t deserve this!”

“Oh? And why do you believe that? You had no trouble taking out our other members but you can’t handle a simple girl?” Xemnas was taunting Axel with a severe viciousness. The grin on his face was devious at best. He knew Axel wouldn’t do it, but it was entertaining to see him fight back.

“It’s not like that!”

“She threatened me Axel!” screamed Xigbar, still ticked over the incident from before.

“If her powers are as strong as you say they are, then we need to eliminate her,” said Xaldin monotonously. “She may be too unstable.”

“She hasn’t hurt any of you! Why would she start now?!” he screamed. His insides were bursting at this launch of pretended emotion. The fake pain that he felt was rising. He didn’t understand why he was defending Nex, but something at the back of his mind told him he was doing the right thing.

The rest of the Organization remained silent. Axel decided in his own personal way that the conversation was over and he warped away.

Saix broke the silence. “This is starting to sound an awful lot like our-,” He turned his head to Xemnas. “Other predicament.”

“Yeah, I’m getting a major vibe of déjà vu here,” griped Demyx in his casual way. Everyone stared at the Melodious Nocturne. Demyx lowered his head and shut up before he got smacked.

“This needs to be taken care of. If Axel wishes to forfeit his life to save those two, let him do it,” said Saix, “We’ll just have to find another avenue.”

The Organization, as if they knew what the plan was all along, turned and looked at Demyx. Only then did the water boy realize that he was being stared at.

“What? Wait, what are you all lookin’ at me for? What do you want me to do about it?”

Xemnas pulled his hood up over his head and smiled evilly. This would work out to his benefit…

Luxord piped up while still sifting through his cards. “Water and fire don’t go very well together, do they Demyx?”

Demyx swallowed the hard lump at the back of his throat. He knew exactly what they wanted….

Search and destroy.

- - - - - - - -

Sorry for that last stupid pun. I couldn’t think of anything else to put there. Anyway, like it? Love it? Hate it? Let me know! (This section happens to be my personal fav so far but I’d still like to know what you guys think). Oh, and sorry it was so long! I was considering splitting it, but figured it wouldn’t give me much room for the rest of my story.

14. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh. Sydney. I didnt know the somebody's name. Is the city in America? Nice though.

15. ThunderOfLarxene Gummi Ship Junkie

omg i can imagine how cool the next chapter is going to be, oooo poor demyx bless him

your story is amazing yay :D

16. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Rachel, Sydney is a city in Australia.(Not the capital! Many people think Sydney is the capital)

Twilit: Sloopy? This was sloopy? You know, when I review I always put aside if the writer might be a friend or something like that.
    To tell you the truth, this is your best work yet. I can understand why this is your fav.
    I REALLY don't know what it was but something about this chapter was really awesome. The touching dialogue? Amazing descriptions? How you make us feel that we're actually there?
    I guess all of these things.

So after saying that, you know what I think about this section ^_^.
    I hope my review is better then my writing skill.>_>

17. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thank you SO much forsaken! I'm glad you all liked it as much as I did. I've actually got a pic of Ela that I'm gonna post soon so you guys have an idea of what he looks like (at least in my mind).

18. Emo Pengwin Hollow Bastion Committee

Simply amazing.

Thats all I have to say.​

19. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

YAAAAY!~ XD

I was the first one to see it (okay, SECOND, if ya wanna be all technical... =\) I just didn't have enough time to reply.

In a way, I STILL don't have enough time to reply. XD;

LUVVED IT! KEEP IT UP! YADA YADA YADA, FINE PRINT AND SUCH! GOTTA GO!!! Xd;

20. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice