The Love of a Nobody

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilit_shadow, Apr 10, 2007.

?

Where should Nex go to recover her lost memories?

1. Twilight Town

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Pure Beats~ Chaser

OH my gosh I luv it!!!! It is very good!!!!

2. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

That's my name!!! =DDDDDDDDDD
    You couldn't of chose a better name!!!

Great story, I love the whole thing with Axel/Ela I thought that was really cool:D :D :D

3. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thanks!! And Sydney is, uh, well, my name too. ^^ Couldn't resist coupling Axel with myself. :D

4. Dawn King's Apprentice

:D Pretty much what Forsaken said. I have a question though, when is it taking place? It is as though you are twisting two different time into your very own story.

Hm now I know three people that are named Sydney. One of them is my neighbor, she's quite young.

5. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Yea what I said can pretty much resume what anyone else would like to say xD.
    Err, I can answer that question! It happens during the Roxas problem. (When Roxas was in Twilith(Spl) Town blah blah blah) (Uhmm, and if I'm not mistaken anyway xD) And in this chapter Nex (Syd's Nobody) was having a dream or something like that. Well expect in the end when the Org talks.
    Is that right Twilit_Shadow or am I screwing everything up?:D

6. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

The Love of a Nobody...(section 9)

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry it took me so long with this section. I know some of you have been waiting a while for it, so here it is. All you Axel fan-girls will love this part. Thanks again to *Oblivion* for the props!

The Love of a Nobody... (section 9)

Once again, Axel gently lay Nex down on her bed. She seemed twice as fragile as before and looked as if she would fall apart any minute. He was at a loss for words as he looked her over, surmising that she was close to death every time she used her powers. What was he supposed to do? He wouldn’t let her die. It just wasn’t something he wanted to happen. He wouldn’t lose another person that he cared for, not twice.

A sudden flashback screamed out at him. A young girl, around seventeen, stood before him. She had light blond hair and glowing blue eyes. At first he thought it was Marluxia’s little witch, but he was wrong. This girl was…different. She had a sort of glow about her that the witch never had. And her smile…Axel felt a stab in his chest, in the same place where his heart should have been. It was an ache that he felt, like something was missing. But it wasn’t a painful ache, it was a longing ache. He was feeling something, but what? And who was this girl? She’s somewhere in my forgotten memories, he thought to himself. She must be important to have such an affect on me…

Another stab brought Axel down to the bed that Nex was on. He held his head in his hands and just sat there, contemplating to himself about his situation. But flashes of that girl kept haunting his mind and his consciousness. He turned to Nex just out of curiosity. There were so many similarities between the two; he wondered if it was possible that they were related somehow.

Sydney.
    The name just popped into his head. The girl, in his mind, her name was Sydney.

No, but that means that Nex is her…Axel’s thoughts trailed off. He knew what Nexydys was, but he was too pre-occupied to say it out loud. For some reason, his memories were overwhelming him, causing him to lean over the sleeping Nex. His bright red hair fell in front of his face blinding his view, but he could still see her clearly and perfectly. She was so beautiful… And in that instant, Axel did something he never thought he’d do in his life: he kissed her. While she slept peacefully, he took advantage of her and kissed her lightly on the lips. She didn’t stir or even make a sound as he did it, so he did it again. He was enjoying it. Something in his mind was telling him to keep going, to kiss her a little more, to love her even more. He slid one of his hands up to her cheek and stroked it gently. His other arm crept up around her back and held its position right behind her head. Slowly, he moved in closer to her face, making the kiss realer with every second.

What is this…thing…that I’m feeling? Only time would tell if Axel would ever really know.

Nex stirred beneath him. Axel jumped back from his solitary kiss just in time. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw him. He looked a bit disheveled, but otherwise happy to see her.

“Hey,†said Axel, as if nothing had ever happened.

“Hey,†Nex replied. She leaned up to see that she was back in the same room as before. “Oh man, not again!â€

“Yeah, sorry. Again,†he said with a small grin. His caring eyes were on her the whole time.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.†Nex was actually rather pleased that she had ended up in this room again. It seemed like the only place she had left to fall back on. And, it was the first place that she and the spunky redhead had met. “Hey Axel, do you know someone named Ela?â€

“Wha-†Axel was taken aback by the name. It was so familiar to him but he didn’t know where it came from. “Did you say Ela?â€

“I, I had this dream last night. It was almost like a memory actually. A man named Ela was in it. We were in this gorgeous place called Radiant Garden and-,†Nex went on to relate his dream to him. She told him everything; about Squall, Xehanort, Cloud, Aerith, but especially Ela. She was intrigued by his name and his face but especially by his amazing emerald eyes. Axel’s own eyes grew wider with every word. His memory came flooding back. It was all so clear now. “Axel?â€

“Huh?â€

“Hey, are you alright?â€

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.†But Axel was nowhere near fine. The rush of memories was excruciating, but he did remember some important things. Sydney was the girl that he was in love with. Or at least, that Ela was in love with. They had been inseparable, but then Ela had disappeared one night without a word, a note, or even a kiss good bye. Axel remembered the night clearly in the back of his mind; the night when he came into existence.

“No, you’re not. What’s wrong?†Nex wanted to go more in depth about her experience, but she was focusing on Axel for the time being. He looked like he had just been hit by a shock wave. His eyes were wide open and he stared at the ground as if a creature was going to pounce out at him. “Axel?â€

“N-Nothing.â€

“Don’t lie to me. Do you know someone name Ela? Is that it?†Nex worked her way across the bed to Axel’s side. He was stressing out, that much was for certain. She flipped her legs up and around her and let them hang over the side of the bed. “You’ve helped me, now let me help you, okay?†She got as close as she could to him, trying to be sympathetic without being too obvious.

“I- It’s not that simple.â€

“So you do know him?â€

“I,†Axel sighed heavily. “I think I do. Actually, I think…†He hesitated. Telling Nex his own experience was a burden that was entrusted to him alone. But, he trusted Nex with his life. It wouldn’t hurt to let her know what he had just figured out. “Nex, Ela was my Other.†Nex looked at him silently. “He must’ve been forced into the darkness and that’s how I was born. He was too strong to just let the darkness overtake him, so someone made him turn over.†Axel glanced back at Nex to see how she was reacting. She only sat attentively.

“I knew it.â€

“What?â€

“I KNEW IT!†said Nex excitedly.

“Wait, knew what?â€

“It is you!†Before Axel got the chance to speak, Nex slammed right into him with a humongous embrace. She wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed as tightly as life would allow. She nearly knocked him over with the force of it. Axel was surprised but he wouldn’t let an opportunity like this slip by. He wrapped his own arms around her waist and rocked her back and forth like he would a long lost friend. It was a peculiar sensation but he wasn’t about to let it go just yet. He would stay here as long as he could.

“I knew it was you,†said Nex. Her voice was muffled as she spoke into his shoulder. She sounded like she about to cry. “I knew it was you all along.†She pulled back from her embrace to look deeply into his eyes. Her Other had fallen in love with this man. Maybe she could too. Even if she could never really feel again, she wanted to know that there was someone in this world who would care for her and hold her until the end of time. Axel was the one she wanted.

They didn’t have to say a word. Nex slowly got closer and closer to his face and Axel did the same. Before either one of them knew what was happening, a soothing kiss was shared between them. Axel had kissed her before, but not like this. It was as if nothing else existed but just he and Nex; he and the person that he held dearly. Nothing else mattered.

“You make friends way too easily Axel.â€

Nex and Axel pulled away from each other and jumped to their feet. Demyx stood in the doorway with his melodious sitar at his side. Although it didn’t look like it, the water boy’s sitar could prove a very valuable weapon and had done so in the past.

“Demyx? What the hell do you want?†yelled Axel at the innocent Demyx. Nex only stared at their intruder blatantly. She wasn’t sure who this ‘Demyx’ person was, but the last time she had shouted at another member of Organization XIII, Axel had nearly been killed.

“Get over it hot stuff. You should be happy they sent me to do this job and not Xaldin.â€

“What job?â€

The blondie took his eyes off of the couple and stared at the floor. “You’re my friend Axel. Don’t make this worse than it has to be.†He took a few steps forward, still holding his weapon defensively. “I personally would rather just walk away. But Xemnas gave me explicit orders. The girl’s too dangerous to be here.â€

“What? She’s not dangerous!â€

“Not according to Xigbar.â€

“Why that stupid son-of-a-â€

“Axel,†Demyx interrupted. “She’s got to leave. Don’t tell me you’ve got attached to her already? After what happened to number XIII?â€

“Don’t you dare bring that up. I’ll never be over that!†screamed Axel. Nex only stood watching the two men bicker. “You don’t know what you’re talking about Dem. Get out of here before you get yourself hurt.â€

“Oh, I don’t think that’ll be happening anytime soon.â€

“I said LEAVE!â€

Demyx looked at his so-called friend with an evil smile. He didn’t want to fight, but he would if he had too. This is gonna be fun…Demyx swung his sitar out from behind him and acrobatically held it in his hands.

“Silence traitor.†Axel couldn’t believe that Demyx was actually threatening him. He summoned his own weapons, aerial circles with points revolving around the outside, what he called chakrams, and jumped in front of Nex protectively.

“Nex, get out of here,†he said over his shoulder.

“No! Not without you!†she finally spoke.

“You’re still too weak! You’ve got to go!†But before Nex could reply, Demyx had called forth hundreds of water clones, each one flying towards Axel quicker than expected. He dodged the half-hearted swings of the Demyx clones and made his defensive stance. He bounced over the entire room, leaping from one wall to the next, from the floor to the ceiling, but the clones kept coming. He desperately tried to reach Nex but could hardly get a few feet from her.

“Keep trying man! You’ll never stand up to them!†yelled Demyx while he strummed his sitar. Nex was watching as Axel’s lithe figure played hopscotch with the clones while she sat on the sidelines, powerless to help him. But she had to do something.

“Burn!†he yelled helplessly, but one shot of fire was only enough to kill two or three clones. He was nearly outnumbered.

“Oh don’t worry, Miss Innocence. I’ve got a little something for you too!†screamed Demyx at Nex. She gasped as Demyx whipped his sitar around to point it at her. It looked like he was going to shoot her with it. The water boy lifted his hand up high to strum his final stroke. Nex desperately wanted to wrench the musical weapon out of his hands but she was so scared that she felt like she was frozen to the floor.

“No!†screamed Axel from his mid-flight.

Demyx played his sitar like there was no tomorrow. His hands went over every string smoothly and gracefully. Unfortunately for him, there was no sound. No nothing.

“What the-†A loud crunch pierced the air. Demyx slowly turned his head to see the middle of his sitar broken to pieces. The strings had come completely apart and splinters were everywhere. Nex had destroyed yet another indestructible weapon. Her eyes had turned the same pale white as before and she held her hand out to Demyx. The poor water boy’s eyes reflected immense fear. Before he knew what was happening, he was slammed against a wall with his busted sitar at his side. An agonizing pain filled his body, his back especially. Demyx lifted his bright blue eyes up to see Axel and Nex standing over him.

“Hey! It wasn’t my idea! I was under orders!â€

“Shut-up before you get yourself killed,†threatened Axel. Nex bent down on one knee and looked right into Demyx’s eyes with her ghostly ones.

“Demyx, right?â€

“Y-y-yes?â€

“Just what did you think you were doing?â€

“I, I was following orders?†replied Demyx weakly.

“That’s right. Now, you’re going to follow ours.â€

“Huh? What are you talking about? Aren’t you going to kill me?â€

“Nope. That would cause more trouble than we already have. Thanks to you, we now have a means of escape from this would-be castle.†Nex hoped to every God in the universe that Axel would see what she was doing. If this didn’t work, their punishment would be severe. Axel’s eyes flashed. He knew exactly what she was doing.

“You’re helping us out Dem. Got it memorized?†Axel dismissed his chakrams and helped Nex up. By the time she was fully upright, she had released as much of her energy as she could. Her eyes fell back to her old violets and she would’ve fallen to the floor if Axel hadn’t been there to help her.

“Demyx…†she said. “You’ve got to help us. We need to get out of here. We shouldn’t be cooped up in this place.†Her voice was different than what it had been only moments ago. She appeared lighter and less temperamental. In other words, she was weaker.

Demyx helped himself up, using the wall and his broken sitar for support. He dusted the dirt off of his shoulders and smiled at Axel like they were still friends. He still had a few cuts and bruises from his fall but it didn’t seem to hinder him at all. â€ure, whatever. As long as you two get outta here before I get in trouble.â€

“Don’t worry Dem, we’ll be long gone by then,†said Axel. His own voice was calmer. He, along with Demyx, had realized their mistake. Xemnas was forcing the two friends to fight each other over Nexydys and the two of them had done it unknowingly. The result could be fixed, but Nex and Axel still had to leave before their lives were threatened. Axel lifted Nex up into his arms and walked her slowly out the door with Demyx in tow. Unfortunately for them, this journey would test the Nobody’s strengths, weaknesses, and friendships. It was official: they had to leave the Organization.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yes, extremely long, but it was worth it!

7. Rosey Chaser

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! That is a great twist!!!!! I love it! When do you think the next chapter is gonna come out! *addicted*

TOTTALY FIRST POSTNESS!!!!!!!!!

8. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Thanks!! I'm working on the next chapter as we speak. I'm actually not even supposed to be on the site, but I'll keep working on it and will have it up as soon as I can.

9. Rosey Chaser

Lol. Im suppost to be doing my homework *looks from side to side* I want to be the first one to read it!:D

10. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Don't worry! I'm trying to get it done, but I'm not sure if it'll be up tonight. Doing this and homework at the same time can be a lil aggravating.

11. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Well I was reading it at the same time (Tho I was getting a bit distracted xD)

God, worth it is right ^_^. Amazing job as always Twilit.
    I think you've really got out your full potential in these last few chapters. Keep it up.

12. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

What I've noticed is that I'm getting more and more mature with each of my sections. I guess it's because Nex is getting more and more mature as she goes on in her journey. Either that, or I'm just plain weird. Once again, sorry it took so long! I know you wanted to read it. And THANK YOU!!!!

13. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Don't get to cocky xD Just kidding!
    Nah, it's ok. Though why can't you log in as much as before?:confused:
    I know you told me before but I have short term memory loss.:D

Hmmm, not enough people commenting! *Starts threating random people to post on this thread or else*

14. Rosey Chaser

I ALREADY DID!!!!! Please dont hurt me *runs and hides in a corner*
    *pops out* I HAVE SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS TOO!!!!
    *runs back into corner*

15. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

I actually have been banned, remember? I'm not sure when I'll be able to officially come back, but for now, you'll all have to suffer for this section and this section only.

I'm not tryin to get cocky, I just couldn't think of any other way to explain it. I do that with a lot of my stories. Plus, I've got some of the best proofers on the site.

16. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

*takes deep breath*NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Meh,ok.

I was kidding, I was kidding. Sheesh xD.
    I do that sometimes...Hell I actually get cocky. But hey, gotta conserve the few comments I get right?:D ;)

17. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Don't worry, I know you were jokin. I've gotta check your story out come to think of it. How's it goin?

18. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Ah, it's going uhm...Mediocre I guess :rolleyes: . I posted chapter 2 like a week ago. Which by the way, aren't you supose to post Chapters in the same thread or something :confused: . New rules from Sara, maybe you should tell her to put all your chapters in the first thread. That's why Chapter 2 is on my first thread.

19. twilit_shadow King's Apprentice

Really?! I never knew that! That's what I get for not being here. But that doesn't make sense. How will anyone ever know if you've updated or not? Oh well. Gotta follow the mods rules right?

20. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Uhm, just read the sticky thread called "Changes". I think it's me who doesn't make sense sometimes. :D

(Aren't we going a little bit too off topic here xD)