The Mortal Instruments

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

He gritted his teeth as soon as Roxanne spoke. He wasn't sure how he was going to handle the situation with her and it was only more clear to him now that this was going to end poorly. He had hoped that he might be able to wrangle it such that she was kept alive to make herself useful during this crisis but now it seemed that was going to be less of an option.
    "I realise that you didn't ask us to help avenge your people, but our objectives may align somewhat. That was the point I was trying to get across Your Majesty." The Inquisitor pointed out. He was torn. And he meant to bring up something with Cyrus soon. The man, he realised, was rather quick to sacrifice other people. Was that why he called himself Hendrick, to try to run away from that part of him that didn't seem to care? He attempted to lock eyes with the Vampire King. "But what guarantee is there that you'll uphold your end of the bargain? Your contempt for us is clear. We're few in numbers, and you're asking me to sacrifice another person? What do you intend to do with her? Yorick was useless, his mind enslaved. She can still fight. She still has use for the cause."

[​IMG]

"They're barking up the wrong tree, so to speak. Like I said, there's a balance of power to maintain. Now it's being tipped here. What the Nephilim do is necessary, like it or not. It keeps one race from dominating the others, and it protects the humans. They're not meant to be involved in our struggles, and I say we keep it that way. But without the Nephilim, how long before that carefully maintained illusion collapses?" Karl asked. He downed the remainder of his beer and placed it on the bar, then gestured for another. "So I say screw those individuals that want to pursue a worthless grudge. We should fight the real oppressor before she gets the chance to dominate us all." He started on the second pint, wiping the frothy head of the beer off his beard.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It seems her words did more harm than good in a way. However in some ways she could still protect them. In the end, after the insults and discussion he had agreed to help them, but at one cost. If they left her there. Roxanne wanted to help them, wanted to protect them, but being left here, alone, it scared her. However Roxanne didn't say a word. She refused to make things worse or fight against her own death. She brought this upon herself she realized. She had thought she was capable of joining the shadow hunters and living a normal life among them, despite how disconnected she felt from herself. Despite the constant fog in her brain, and this is where it got her.

Hendrick was the first to speak, and although she understood, his words still hurt, a lot. She had faith that he would be the one to help her and be by her side. He would be like family to her since he was the one who came for her when no one else did. He never yelled at her. He seemed to understand her, and now he was the first to speak to turn her over, because in the end her life meant nothing, and some small part of her knew it too. But in the end the choice was up to Corvo.

Roxanne trusted
    Corvo the least given how they met the first time here, and yet her life was in his hands. The even more surprising thing was that he was the one to stand up for her life. She wasn't sure if it was for her sake or the sake of the dwindling amount of shadow hunters. They were a small group to start and now Brianne was a werewolf, and her life was hanging on the balance. It didn't seem to be good for anyone. But Roxanne didn't care who's sake it was for, she was ready to accept her fate, no matter how hard it was. No matter how much her hand shook as she held them folded in front of her. She wasn't going to say anything else to save or condemn herself because last time she spoke it seemed to make things worse. Whatever was to come, would come. There was nothing she could say or do to stop it, because she was just a small broken nephilim with nothing to offer except the ability to kill, and even that was done in a not acceptable way, due to her stupid brain.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce struggled and squirmed and tried to slip from Cin's grasp as he turned and carried her away, the crescendo of pain and tremors building to one image in her mind; The Mortal Sword. An object so powerful, yet she had grown used to its presence in Alicante every day, up until it had disappeared. Now the gleaming metal, the inscripted blade, the decorated hilt, all of it shone in her mind's eye as though it was directly in front of her. And yet, it grew darker with each step Cin took, each moment that she was pulled in the opposite direction. Luce held on as long as she could, until the entire world around her was dark, and her body slumped, leaving only the Sword in her mind. Eventually, even that too faded, leaving her alone in the black.

[​IMG]
    Hestia rolled up her sleeves, a slow smile on the edge of her lips. Really, it was too much. Standing at the edge of her apartment, her hands tracing ancient symbols into the air, she slowly began her work, taking her time and getting it just right. It simply wouldn't do for her, the High Warlock, to make an error and turn them all into mice. Although it would make it a little easier to escape the demon prowling around the building, she hadn't ever liked shape changing. Instead she had turned to the arts of fire, and transformation. She herself, well she liked a good bath in the flames every now and again, but she would never transform herself. No, that was not the point of this spell, to turn any living thing from what they were into something else.

She was going to change something much bigger then that. The cat hopped off her shoulder, and padded between the symbols that glowed in the air, watching with yellow eyes. Almost time.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan felt her will waiver as Nick spoke. He wasn't one of the fey, but she could see his intentions in his eyes, just as clearly as they rang out with his voice. He truly did believe what he was doing was right, and if it was only to keep them from Titania.....but Paragon had pointed his gun at her head, and she turned, her black hair framing her angular face as she heard the faint sound of a truck...of people. "Did you ever stop to think just what that would mean for me?" She hissed, her resolve returning with a vengeance. "If you truly cared for me, about any of this, you would have talked to me. I am sick of people thinking they do whatever they please with me when I'm my own person." With each angry word, the vines wound tighter and tighter around her, cutting off her own circulation.

Wait. She hadn't wanted this. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't think as spots appeared in her vision, black ones that danced and wavered in front of her eyes. No, this isn't right. As Morrigan tried to gasp for air, she felt a shudder underneath the earth, and the fairy only had time to look down, time for one more breath, before the vines shot up underneath her feet.

[​IMG]
    So much magic. So much strength. There was only one person whom that could belong to. Titania landed on the ground, tucking the wings she had magicked behind her, before allowing them to dissolve into petals as she landed safely on the ground. Around her, there was chaos. Arguments, proposed violence, and anger. It was beautiful. And sadly, it had to end. The plants around her were obeying the call of another, a weaker. Morrigan. It was time she was dealt with. Titania wrested control from her ever so easily, letting the vines the young fairy had beckoned to herself for protection now becoming a binding vice, that she would have no way to escape from.

It was then, she went cold. The gaze of something old, something far more powerful then should ever have existed fell upon her, and if Titania had been honest with herself, she would have been terrified that she would turn and look into the eyes of God. Instead, it was far worse. It was her mother. Titania felt empty for a moment, just one long, shuddering moment, as she and the fey who had brought her to this world locked green eyes. Gaia's slid to Morrigan's struggling form, and Titania's followed. And then the earth cracked in two, and the girl was gone, crushed beneath the weight of the plant life around her.

Both fey sprang into action, Titania called the plants to her as Gaia did, the greenery around them struggling to decide who was the more powerful, who they should follow. But it mattered not. Titania only had to keep her mother occupied until the Seelie Knights at her command appeared, and then it would be over. And she would never have to worry about being usurped again. Shoving her magic into the earth, she did little to ponder the death of the fairy who had shared her blood, who had been half of her, as she focused on killing the one who had created her. Then she would truly have no family left, and she would be safe.

[​IMG]
    Gaia's eyes slid to Morrigan, and all she could see was terror. Fear. The poor girl was caught in forces too extreme for her to handle. It was over in a second, and Gaia turned to Titania, loss surging through her, the precursor to anger. She needed that rage, needed that guilt if she was to survive this battle with her daughter. Titania shifted her magic into the earth, and Gaia did the same, splitting the earth in two between them as the life around them struggled to choose a side, to waive to a power. Titania's magic shifted, and Gaia had only moments to react before the vines crushed the others around them as well. Her magic protected Shadi and Nick, who were knocked backwards by the appearance of a tree, removing the vines that had held Morrigan and burying them underneath the roots. Ash, she was nearly too late as several vines wrapped around him, struggling to drag him under ground. She stopped it, and hoped he would be able to free himself before the next wave of her daughter's power.

[​IMG]
    Yuri turned his cold eyes to Hendrick, narrowing them slightly, then to the girl to gauge her reaction. To her credit, she remained silent. The first intelligent thing she had done all day. Yuri turned back to Corvo, feeling the shadows at his sides and back tense and pulse as they awaited the verdict. For they too, were hungry for the angelic blood only a Shadowhunter could provide. Fairy blood was well enough, but it had a bitter aftertaste, the taste of a greater demon that had subjugated the forefather of their race. But then Corvo surprised him, and instead of being disappointed, Yuri felt rather grateful.

"Then I suppose you'll need to take my word for it. But truly, I would rather see a Shadowhunter not betray something, and have a loyalty to anything other then power." Yuri held up a hand as the shadows hissed, sensing a loss. "However,I am not convinced the cost of my people's blood is worth a victory against the Seelie Queen. What happens after she is gone? The fey, while considering themselves better then the rest, are at least controlled. Without a ruler they will run wild in the streets." A dark shape disengaged from the rest, and slunk towards him. Yuri paused, and bent down to the small form, listening to the white haired child with a solemn face.

"Nephilim, it appears we are both needed elsewhere. The High Warlock, Hestia, is under attack by a demon, who has previously gone by the name of Gord. While she herself is not at risk, I do believe there are mundanes who could suffer in the appearance of such a creature." He paused. "Fulfill your duty, and I shall complete mine." As Yuri turned, the folds of his cape changed, shrinking and lengthening until he had turned into a very large, very monstrous bat. "But I will have vengeance for what has been taken from us." He hissed at Corvo, bright eyes darting from Hendrick to Roxanne, before he leaped into the air. The shadows moved as one, becoming a mass of squeaking mammals that raced to follow their king out into the world, and onto the battlefield.

[​IMG]
    Grayson smiled. "He thinks big words intimidate us. I think he's calling us both rude and stupid. What do you say to that, ladies and gents?" The wolves behind him snarled and growled in response as they slowly began to shift into the furry form of themselves. "That's what I say as well. I don't think you should leave just yet. It sounds like we have a dispute to settle." Grayson himself began to change, his teeth elongating. He wasn't fully formed before he jumped at Valister, tearing towards the vampire's heart.

A blonde haired woman poked her head through the trees, eyeing the vampire and werewolf who had yet remained. "Gaia sent me to send you to her." She began, twisting a finger around her lock of hair with a smile that showed flat teeth, like a cow's, when she parted her lips. "But things have gone rather wrong, there. Where would you like to go, instead? Or would you like to risk life and limb in the battle of the ages?" She glanced behind her. "A few of us will join our Queen, to make our home right. What will you do?"

4. Arch Mana Knight

Before he could even do anything to save her from the pain, Morrigan was buried under the vines under Titania's control. She had used her own power against her own daughter. Ash had known for some time now of Morrigan's lineage. He did not need Gaia to tell them when it was so apparent to him. Every sign he needed to see pointed towards this. Ash rushed forward, ignoring that he had been attacked at all, ignoring that Titania's vines had broken a bone or two just before Gaia saved him. His hands were singed from the overuse of his power, having burnt through the vines that had meant to crush him.

Even with his magic still draining his strength his hands glowed blue like the hottest flame. If Morrigan was alive, he had to save her, and if she was not he knew what he had to do. Even if it meant butchering anyone who came near, even if it meant risking his own survival, he would never allow anyone to use her remains for their own deeds. He would burn them all if he had to. Breathing was difficult through his bruised neck as he came to an abrupt stop at the tangled foliage strangling Morrigan.

Tearing at the vines with his bear hands they shriveled as he continued to pour more and more power into the heat the coursed through his hands. "
    Not again. Not again dammit!" To whatever angel or demon was listening, he prayed silently as he ripped at that which covered Morrigan's face. If he had the time, he could save her. He had to.

[​IMG]

Rhett sighed, having failed again to ascertain any other clues about Creed's origin. The man had given him so little to go off of and, despite not intentionally trying to make things harder for Rhett, was saying very little that could give him any idea of who or what Creed was. Just as Rhett was about to open his mouth to ask another question, the incessant scratching and clawing at the doorway in the distance grew louder and louder until it climaxed and the door was no more. Walking forth was a singed demon, his stench easily identifiable to the werewolf even though the creature had only burst in through the building's entrance. Obviously, he was going to head to the room soon enough.

Rhett raised an eyebrow, amused that the demon would actually try to break into the High Warlock's home. He stepped back from the room's doorway, knowing that this would do more than annoy Hestia and Rhett did not wish to be in the middle of whatever she chose to retaliate with. It was her home, not his, and if she wanted to defend it herself he was not going to get in her way. ...Unless of course, she chose to allow her guests to do the fighting. Rhett was feeling better from his previous encounters but since he was not at a hundred percent yet he was not eager to go into battle so quickly.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Felicia watched from a distance for a moment longer as Gord tried to eat the door. There was still no sign of Rhett and they had yet to hear from him. However he was inside of the high warlocks personal apartment. Chances were that he would be safe. Even then Felicia wasn't sure if she dared stray too far. She wasn't going to run into a fight, not when she was still injured, but she wasn't going to ditch Rhett completely either. "Come on, we are going to find a good vantage point to hide from. If it looks like Rhett needs help, we will step in. Until that point in time, your alpha isn't here to give you instructions so listen to me and lets find somewhere to lay low until we are certain that it is safe." Felicia instructed the wolves.

The way they had to get to a safe place meant that they couldn't quite keep an eye on the building the entire time. Seeing as going around front seemed like a stupid idea, they had to creep around the back and through a few allies before circling across the street from the apartment. From there it was a matter of finding a building with a good roof to lay low on. They had to try a few buildings before they found one that was good enough. Felicia had to resist the urge to just take one of her throwing knives off her back and chuck them at the demons head as soon as they got a good vantage. She wasn't quite sure how easily demons died, and while she was sure of her aim, if it wasn't an instant kill that could mean big trouble. So instead she transformed into a wolf and laid on the roof, using her better eyesight to watch what was going on at the apartment.

[​IMG]
    Roxanne's shoulders visibly relaxed at Yuri's words. A demon attacking was never good, but thanks to it, she could walk out of here alive, and she could also make Brianne proud. Just thinking about that made her want to grab Brianne's stele and have it for comfort, but not in here. Not when there were so many shadows watching them. Not when vengeance was still coming for her as Yuri said. When they got closer to the demon then she could hold it and use it. Until then she had to behave if she wanted to live though this. Behave if she truly wanted to protect someone, which she did. So Roxanne stayed quiet and kept her hands folded in front of her as she followed Hendrick and Corvo. Though there was a slight spark in her eye, a thrill from the hunt. It was time for a chase, and who didn't like a good game of chase?

6. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Thank you, King Yuri." Corvo spoke, his voice laced with gratitude. He exhaled a breath that he had only just realised that he was holding. He had done it. He had managed to negotiate with the King of Vampires himself. There was more business to be done, but this was a strong start. "Once Titania is defeated, we'll need to find a new Seelie Queen or someone to take up the mantle of rulership. It will-" He paused as the small white haired child appeared at the side of the fearsome leader of the Vampires. Hestia was under attack? By a demon? That was bold, bold indeed.
    "Agreed. We will go to her and provide assistance." He nodded. The Vampire King turned into a monstrosity of a bat and hissed a promise of revenge. "When all of this is done, I swear that we will have justice done." He looked pointedly at Roxanne.
    "What you do now will influence what happens to you in the future. I suggest that you make the most of the time that you have." As much as he didn't want to sacrifice another Shadow Hunter life, once all of this was over he would have no choice but to sentence her. Death, imprisonment for life... He wasn't sure how he was going to sentence her yet. He called to the white haired child that had approached the King. "Can you direct us to Hestia's location?" The Inquisitor, still being new here and not having access to the materials in the Institute, had no idea where to find her.

[​IMG]

When they arrived at the Institute, it was a scene of chaos and destruction. The headquarters of the Shadow Hunters was gone, brought to complete ruin. Plants writhed along the ruins, and it was clear to her as to what had occurred. But, notably there was no sign of her target. She frowned. She would have expected the girl to be here by now, but there was no sign that she had even made it.
    "Spread out, find her." She ordered the knights. She kept two with her while the others branched out in search. Those two were necessary to make sure that she could be put under no suspicion. She couldn't afford to seem against the Queen at this stage. She was daring enough to destroy the home of the Nephilim, she was far too dangerous to anger now. She strode for the nearest source of water. She made her way towards the banks of the Hudson and held her hands over the water. A group of five tiny crystalline figures materialised on the water's surface. "Watch the waterways, the bridges and the streets you can see. Tell me if the girl I seek comes this way. Tell me everything that you see that involves the Nephilim and Downworlders." The ice fairies hummed in unison and sped off across the surface of the water to fulfil their duty. The Ambassador stood up.
    "We're continuing the hunt." They moved out in search of Luce once more.

7. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrick stood silently by as the events unfolded, he had chosen poorly and he knew it. The look from the King of Vampires gave it away, Hendrick gazed back, but not back into the King's eyes, holding it for only a moment before breaking it off. It made him feel uneasy, more on edge than he already was. Corvo sorted it all out, making the pact with the Vampire. Followed by all of them leaving and moving to battle. The Inquisitor then asked the child where Hestia's home was located. "Corvo..." Hendrick said, his tone normal as if he hadn't just advocated the death of a close friend. "I know where to go, follow me." Hendrick said, without a word he turned around and headed for the door, leading the way towards the residence of the High warlock of New York.

It all happened quickly, the man hadn't said a word. The Fae had had enough of everyone's involvement in her life and Ash was utilising his Shadow again. Then the vines bound Morrigan but Lady Gaia defended them. The tree that sprung up between themselves and Titania, took the roots away from Morrigan and shielded himself and Nick from the magic too powerful for them to face. Ash pulled the roots away from Morrigan, who was in a bad shape. "We must get her to safety. Her Grace can't keep protecting us the entire time she has to focus on Titania. Do you know of any safe places?" Shadi asked, giving Ash a hand.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne shifted anxiously on her feet as Corvo gave her a pointed look. Justice.... Revenge... That is what waited her in the future. She wasn't being let go so she could go live a normal life. They were letting her go so she could do one last service before they sentenced her to some sort of horrible punishment. Whether it was at the hand of the King of Vampire's or at Corvo's hand. That was if she didn't die to a demon first, but Roxanne had enough hate towards demons to not let herself die to one. That was where she drew her line. Some distant part of her mind knew that for a long time now she was pushing the line. Her games were pretty much welcoming trouble and possibly death and she couldn't seem to stick to the rules either, instead trying to talk herself out of trouble. While her mind didn't immediately see a problem in that behaviour, some distant in her mind was telling her she should have seen this coming all along.

Thinking about where they were heading Roxanne paused for a moment.
    "Hestia.... isn't she the one that Brianne is with?" Roxanne asked concerned. As soon as they left Yuri's hideout she took out Brianne's Stele. "We have to help her. Come on. One last hunt! It will be fun!" Roxanne hadn't noticed that she slipped into an excitement at the thought of killing a demon, and cursed herself for it. It would only make matters worse for her. She knew that she had to behave but two thoughts twisted in her mind blocking everything else out. Save her family, and rid the world of another demon. Roxanne sprinted ahead to do those things.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

Not surprisingly words did work with the werewolf nor his posse. This made things more complicated than they needed to be for him. Upon seeing the pack behind Grayson enter their furry forms, Valister let out a sigh. Very troublesome indeed. If it had just been Grayson that he was up against, then there wouldn't be much need for too much caution, not to say that he wouldn't need to be cautious at all. One werewolf can best a vampire should the vampire become overconfident and let their guard down. Fifteen on the other hand, simply put the odd were very much not in his favor.

The first move was made by Grayson himself, who made his intention even clearer with his lunge towards the vampire's heart. A quick side step out of the way helped avoid what would've been a quick end to him. The moment his feet were planted on the ground once more, the vampire's eyes started to dart between the pack who had yet to make a move and Grayson who likely would try for another attack.

10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Hestia pressed her fingers to her lips, and blew a kiss towards the fiery feline. Flames expelled from her lips and reached the creature, causing it to grow at an accelerated rate. Luckily, the spell was an easy one, though demanding in energy. Once the cat was the size of a tiger, she turned and stepped outside the glowing arch, glancing back at Creed and Rhett. "Please, for the love of the Angel, don't step outside this door until I arrive." She told them, a small smile on her lips. "There are enough provisions that you will last at least a week, should it take me that long. Don't forget to feed Clarity when she wakes, but let her wake on her own, alright?" Winking at the two of them, she turned and threw up her hand behind her, flicking her fingers.

Flames expanded over the arch, the hot air blowing strands of golden hair past her cheek. The tiger turned, a rumble in its chest as she glanced back, letting the smile expand on her face. It turned from a kind expression, into something a little more sinister.
    "I haven't gotten a new playmate in ever so long." Striding down the stairs, Hestia ignored the confused and frightened looks the mundanes were giving the space around her as she moved downstairs. She had a powerful glamour cast over her body, allowing them to see whatever they wanted in order to keep them back. More then likely it was the visual of a gang member holding the leash of a muscled Rottweiler. Whatever worked.

Upon reaching the floor that Gord was creeping around on, she wrinkled her nose at the stentch of demon, fire balling into her hand.
    "It's rude to start the meal before the lady arrives." She commented, flicking her wrist and sending the fireball crashing into Gord. She had no interest in drawing this out, not when her dearest friend had finally returned, and her father craved action in his boring prison.

[​IMG]
    Titania screeched as she flew back, avoiding the grasping hands of the roots that had come for her. "You're too old, Mother!" She hissed, slamming her hands together, her magic screeching through the earth to call forward thorny vines that shot towards the fairy in front of her. "You should have stayed where you were. Now you'll finally fall along with Father!" Dodging another attack, she didn't spare any attention towards the tree that had grown over Morrigan. The fairy was gone; no one could survive that. Not even Titania.

Where are my knights? She wondered to herself, though she kept her face free of doubt or triumph. They should have arrived by now, droves of them that even Gaia could not keep at bay. Especially with baggage. Her eyes, glowing bright green, shifted towards the people who had come back with Gaia. The ones who had brought her here, drawn her attention when Titania was so close. Smacking her palms against each other, she tried to take control of the tree that stood over Morrigan's body, forcing the roots to spread outwards and try to trap them. After a second, she flinched and withdrew her magic, keeping it from being poisoned as an unfamiliar power source took over the plant. What....

[​IMG]
    Gaia sighed at her daughter's folly. For one who had seen centuries, she still had so much to learn. And now she would never get a chance to. Ignoring the tree that Titania tried and failed to control, she stepped forward calmly, slowly, her every move the opposite of her daughter's. Her very demeanor would have led anyone to believe that albeit their similar physical features, they were two different people; unrelated. Morrigan should have been my daughter. Would have been my heir. The thought brought a pang of guilt that nearly distracted her from Titania's attacks, which were growing more desperate.

"It would seem my allies are far more powerful then yours." She commented softly, so that only Titania could hear as she inched ever closer to her daughter, dodging and blocking each attack with magic of her own. Soon, it would come to the final battle of wills. And Gaia mourned for the daughter she would lose, along with the granddaughter she had already lost. "You're lost, daughter. And now it's too late for you to come home."

[​IMG]
    Everything seemed faded, distant. Morrigan could hear the whistling of the wind through the leaves, and felt something gentle against her skin. It was foreign, and strange, and soft. Unnatural. There was a tugging sensation, and she sank further down, further away from the broken body of the girl who she had been. It had been so painful, so horrible. And then it had been over. This wasn't Titania's doing, Titania wasn't merciful. She liked to play, to torture, to hurt. The one who had done this had been kind, and quick. And Morrigan was grateful.

There wasn't enough time left to feel anything but good things, and as she tried to open her eyes, and failed, she felt her breath exhale past her lips. When she tried to inhale, her chest felt stuck, frozen. Her fingers wouldn't move. None of her would. She felt another tug, and she descended again. That strange smooth thing brushed past her skin, and she wanted to shiver, to move away. It was skin. Forcing her eyes open was the hardest thing she had ever done, but she managed. And smiled. Above her, Ash tried desperately to dig her free, but to no avail. The ifrit was there as well. Good. He wouldn't be alone. Her mouth wouldn't work, but she tried to communicate with her eyes. Let me go. It's okay. He would hurt, and suffer. But he would move on. She had been too gentle for this world, and he needed someone with a core of steel that matched his own. She hoped he could read what her eyes said, what she had felt for him, and then she was gone as the tree pulled her in.

It wasn't clear where she became the tree, and the tree became her. But it ceased to matter. Everything did, except for the wind, rustling in the leaves, and the feel of the earth underneath. At last, she was at peace.

[​IMG]
    Grayson's pack attacked before his paws had hit the ground, tearing at Valister in unison. He was proud of his pack; even after his absence, they still knew when to hunt and when to hold back. You simply couldn't teach that. Grayson turned, and instead of joining in, simply watched them tear down the vampire, gauging who was the most ferocious and who had the best drive when blood reached their mouths. It tasted like acid, of course; vampires were the only things that werewolves couldn't eat and digest. Still, his ear only flicked when he turned, and growled at the sight that met his eyes.

[​IMG]
    Alarick had stalked ahead of the group, in no mood for conversation. Ash had joined them, and then left. Did he care? No. He couldn't bring himself to give a single damn about any of them anymore. The entire trip had been to save Brianne, and he had failed. Now she was in the hands of the High Warlock, and Angel only knew why. He certainly didn't want to find out, but it was his duty, as both the older twin and her remaining family that cared enough to know her condition and whereabouts.

Until they rounded a corner, and he spotted a familiar figure being beaten down by another slightly familiar face. Though Alarick knew little of Grayson personally, he had read enough about the werewolf to know that Brianne was supposed to have killed him. Another slip up that didn't make sense. Alarick didn't stop to question as he pulled out his bo staff, his thumb sliding along the button to eject the twin blades from the tips before he darted forward, slashing upwards and catching the werewolf alpha by surprise.
    "Help Valister!" He called to whomever had come with, not bothering to try and draw Runes on his body before he attacked Grayson again. The werewolf caught the staff in his teeth with a growl before shaking it, trying to dislodge his grip. Alarick smiled grimly, and shoved back. Finally, a way to get out his aggression.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Flashes of fire and screams echoed in his mind as Morrigan gave him one last soulful look of the acceptance of her fate. Not again. She did not have to say a word. Everything she wanted to tell him was clear in her gaze. Her smile had almost given him hope that she would make it out alive but the sinking feeling in his stomach told him that it was only to ease him into letting go. Soon, there was nothing left of her. No trace of blood and no signs of there ever having been a body. All that was left of her was...a tree.

Ash fell backwards, having lost strength in his legs and he stared at the thick bark that now stood before him as it finally dawned on him what had happened. Magic like this was not Titania's doing. The air had not been filled with Morrigan's screams and pleas for mercy nor was Morrigan's death ever something Titania had wanted. The Queen had wanted Morrigan alive for her plans and would have disposed of her body like trash when she was through with it. But this...this was a tomb. His eyes moved towards Titania and Gaia who were already beginning their battle. Gaia had resorted to killing her own granddaughter just for the sake of keeping her out of the hands of those trying to use her. Though Gaia and perhaps even Morrigan might have seen it as an act of mercy, Ash had not given up on saving Morrigan when Gaia pulled the trigger. Now it was too late. Far too late.

He knew it was time to get out of harm's way before the collateral damage from the battle grew but he stayed put for a moment longer, his gaze now focused on his burnt and bloodied hands. If Morrigan had died in any other way Ash had been ready to incinerate her remains so that nothing could remain. Now even that choice was left out of his hands because of Gaia's magic taking care of the deed. There was no Morrigan to cremate. How would he even begin to mourn her? He did not know. The first time his beloved had been taken from him he had spent years seeking out revenge and became so efficient in his killings that only one other being left alive could ever attest to his actions. Titania was sure to die by Gaia's hand but who would be next if he chose to take that course of action once more? The boy Nick? Paragon? Or even Gaia herself?

There was nothing left for him here. Staying to die in the crossfire between the two most powerful fairies was not going to accomplish anything. Ash rose to his feet slowly and gave the tree one last look knowing no words he had could undo what was done. Just before he turned to leave he said the only thing he could. The words sounded hollow to him as if spoken by another.

"Goodbye, Morrigan."

12. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    Nick was confused. In between sass from Morrigan, and Titania landing, and Gaia meddling, this plan had gone to shit. Nick felt himself being flung around and then landed softly in the grass. Blinking, he noticed he'd been thrown away from the action. For a moment he hesitation, Morrigan was in there somewhere, and so were the others. On the other hand, it really wasn't his business, and he didn't want to mess in the middle of a timeless old fairy queen feud. The black truck of Paragon's agency had arrived a short distance away from what was going on, Nick didn't hesitate to run straight towards it. Black Pawn and White Pawn, the ifrits, were there, Nick motioned frantically for them to get back in the truck and drive away, as he hopped in the back.

Paragon
    Paragon had the same idea as Nick; get the hell away from here. His bright colourful wings unfolded from his back and he fled the battle, zooming away. Fortunately, nobody seemed to be paying him any attention. Paragon swooped into the passenger seat of the truck "We need to lay low for a while, let's get back to HQ" Paragon looked out of the window as they. The battle seemed to be slowing down, Gaia clearly had the advantage. Well that was one problem out of the way. "But first we need to wait for someone"

White Queen and Black Rook
    "Ugh, we came all this way for nothing?" Elizabeth sighed and looked towards the sky "Fine. Take us home. John, grab my stuff"

Gord Gottwell
    The demon was tired and in pain, those burns had not killed him but they'd nearly done the job. He sniffed around the room and smelled her scent approaching once again. The High Warlock. Paragon had sent him here on a suicide mission, truly. It was no loss to the fairy though, he still had all of Gord's contacts at his command, he'd only lost the loose cannon leading them. It was a win-win for Paragon, and a lose-lose for Gord. He growled in anger. Paragon. When I come back I'm going to eat you alive. The Warlock turned the corner and Gord simply frowned. He didn't try to avoid the fireball that was flung in his direction and didn't cry out when he was incinerated. He had lost a long time ago.

Cassandra
    Cassandra nodded and she downed her beer "Well this has been a wonderful political conversation and it was lovely meeting you, but you know how it is. Places to be, people to see, etc." She said to Karl "I'm sure we'll meet again soon Karl" she smiled as she wheeled her way out of the building, her strong werewolf men following closely behind.

Masque
    Masque had been further away from the conflict than others, but he could see that involving himself now would be a bad move. He saw Morrigan being engulfed in vines. Inside cold quiet fury burned and he stared towards Gaia. So called Mother of Fairies, what kind of mother kills her children. His fist clenched, then after a moment unclenched. Now was not the time for rash decisions. Gaia would pay for her mistakes, the whole world would pay for their mistakes. The destruction of beauty was the greatest crime of all. Slowly, Masque trudged towards the black van. He did not rush, there was no need, nobody was paying him any attention. As he went he counted vendettas. How many people needed to die, how many people needed to suffer for their crimes. And how he would complete his task. Masque got into the driving seat of the black van, Paragon's men let him enter compliantly.

Paragon
    Only Paragon looked uncomfortable as the masked man came in. He unemotionally began driving back down the road, towards HQ.
    "Welcome back, Black King" he greeted. Masque didn't respond "Sir, we lost priority target..."
    "If you don't want me to drive off this bridge I'd suggest shutting up Paragon" Masque snapped. Paragon shut up. Their mission had just become a lot harder.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

During the silence that lingered over the group as they traveled towards Hestia's residence, Sien had thought on the best way to use his new bow without the restriction being that much of a hindrance. What he had decided on doing was shoot from afar so that he wasn't a clear target while he was being still. Also not using saving it for prime opportunities was a good idea as well.

Prior to rounding the corner, Sien wasn't expecting to see anyone until they had reached Hestia's residence. So seeing a pack of werewolves was a surprise itself. Seeing who they were fighting was another surprise. Valister had definitely been in better shape. Claw and bite marks were visible on his body, both with a fair amount blood dripping from them. Any normal person would've been down if not dead by now. As impressive as it was, he wouldn't last much longer if they didn't do anything. A ball of energy was formed in his hand before it was thrown into the crowd of werewolves, exploding above one of the werewolves before it could lash at Valister again. This was certain to grabbed their attention, now how much attention it grabbed was the real question.

His assumption that Grayson would attack may have been wrong, but it didn't change the danger that he was in. One after another the wolves leap after him. The moment he got one off from attacking him, another leap to continue from where it left off. Truly was a good thing that he was a vampire right now, otherwise he'd likely be a pile of meat on the ground. It was truly fortunate that Alarick had arrived when he did when the others.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Felicia stayed put on the roof as she watched something strange happen in the penthouse suit, no doubt the work of Hestia. From where she sat she couldn't quite tell what was going on in there, what Hestia was doing. A moment later the high warlock appeared near the front of the apartment where the demon had recently broken through. From there, it wasn't much of a battle to be had. The demon was dealt with quickly and efficiently, what could be expected from someone like the high warlock.

Felicia was about to text
    Rhett again, asking him about meeting, but her ears perked out to the sound of another battle not too far from the apartments. Felicia got to her feet and prowled to the corner of the roof that she had been laying on, searching for the source of the noise. After a moment she notice a werewolf fighting a vampire. Normally Felicia wouldn't care too much, she wasn't too fond of vampires and it wasn't her fight, but the werewolf caught her attention and she growled. He was supposed to be dead and gone by now. Then again it was a damn shame that Grason had been killed before she got to use all her training on him. Now was her chance to rid of him once and for all. The only problem was her still healing wounds.

Pacing the roof, Felicia soon shifted back to human form. Unfortunately she couldn't take credit for this kill, not when it was too great of a risk to jump down into a fight with another
    alpha while there was a vampire likely wanting to kill both of them. But she could at least give the vampire a hand in his kill, even if she didn't get the credit for it. Felicia ran from roof to roof before settling on one with a better line of sight to the battle below her. Her gloved hand found it's way to one of the small knives strapped to her leg. Aiming for the back of his neck, she released her first of ten knives she had strapped to her.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Hestia watched with little satisfaction as the demon went up in flames and smoke. Running her hands through her hair, she sighed, and sat down on the step, bracing her head in her hands. The cat curled around her legs, purring gently as she let her mind race behind closed eyelids, her heart skipping to the same tempo as her thoughts. I'm so tired. So tired of the fighting, the disappointment. She had saved the werewolf Lightwood, the one who had turned her, and another. But she could have saved more. She should have done more. And instead, she had taken a role similar to Gaia, or tried to. She had tried to stay back, to observe and not interfere unless pulled directly into the events at hand. And she had failed. She was no demi-god, nor was she the first of her kind. Her father's blood gave her incredible power, the skills he had taught her invaluable. But her own intelligence was what had kept her, and those around her alive. And she had failed to listen to it.

Raising her head out of her hands, she tapped her cheek with her finger, and then slowly rose to her feet to observe the ashes of what had been a truly pathetic fight. Perhaps, it was a sign. Perhaps she needed time to step back, and reflect. Ordinarily she would have beaten Titania back into place. She had let the fey queen run rampant instead for far too long. Somewhat depressed, Hestia stared down at the smoking ashes, and deliberated.

[​IMG]
    Grayson wanted to tear into something with frustration. However much he wanted to punish his werewolves for not being able to adequately handle the problem in front of them, his jaws were a little occupied trying to rent the Shadowhunter in front of him in two. He could hear the yelps around him as his wolves fought and died in battle. Pathetic beings they were. Grayson snarled, and shook his head, sending Alarick flying, before he turned and darted at Sien, intent on wrapping his powerful jaws around the magic wielder's limb. Too many sounds and smells infiltrated his head at the same time, and so he let the wolf take over completely, intent on coming out on top of this battle.

[​IMG]
    Clarity stumbled out of the bedroom, one hand around her ribs. She felt massively confused, and the pounding headache wasn't going away, if anything was obvious. Staring blearily into the mainroom, she could make out two figures. One, was familiar, and somewhat comforting. The other not as much. "Is there alcohol?" She asked, her voice scratchy and dry from lack of use. Clearing her through felt like swallowing knives, and it urged her onward to find something to drink, something that would also clear the raging pain stampeding through her temple. "If you're not going to help then get out of the way." She told the two males as she began to rummage through the cupboards, starting to look in the higher up ones first.

16. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Corvo didn't seem to respond to his remarks. They knew where they had to go, he walked with Roxanne towards the exit of the Vampire lair. "Yeah I think so. I guess we'd better make haste, but I doubt that the High Warlock requires help against a simple demon." Hendrick said, Roxanne then got very excited for the hunt. The last one. If all went wrong it'd be the last for all of them. As she sprinted ahead, Hendrick followed suit and caught up to her. He felt that he had to say something about his behaviour, after all she had confided in him and he had betrayed her. "I shouldn't have said that, Roxanne, I was wrong..." Hendrick said feigning remorse in his tone. "Can you forgive me for this transgression?" Hendrick didn't look her in the eyes, he tried to avoid it, as the eyes spoke he truth.

Aethelrick had followed Alarick through the city, as the man didn't appear to be in a talkative mood he just followed him without saying anything, keeping an eye out for potential threats. They eventually ended up witnessing a fight in the making between a werewolf pack and a single vampire. Alarick was calling to save the vampire. Unlike Alarick, Aethelrick drew runes for Strength, Speed and Stamina, then grabbing his Seraph blade, activated it, keeping it in one hand while firing the P90 from the other as he charged the pack, taking care not to fire in such a manner to put the vampie at risk. He closed the distance rather quickly, as he moved in to cut loose the Vampire. "Come on you dumb dogs, show me what you got!" He shouted.

Everything happened so fast, the entire group of people who wanted to "liberate" Morrigan disappeared again, all hopped into the Van and van-ished (*badum tss*). The duel between Gaia and Titania grew more intense, Morrigan was lost beneath the tree. Where Ash was he did not see. He remained behind at a distance, to watch, to intervene if it were necessary, after all nothing was guaranteed in this world and he doubted Titania would play by the rule book of duels.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne had forgone momentarily, distanced herself from the utter betrayal, and honed her anger into a calm that focused her around hunting and killing. A defense mechanism, a skewed n, but what she relied on. Her indo taking the hate and the pain and turning I into something lethal which she then used to track down targets she as given. It was all she could do to keep functioning. So when Hendrick spoke to her, she froze. Roxanne tried to shake off the feeling, tried to enter that killing calm that could save Brianne, however she couldn't. Roxanne couldn't make herself move an inch as she trembled slightly.

"Shut up." Her voice was quiet and shaky, as if speaking was hard. "I don't want to deal with you and I don't want t deal with that. I just want.... I don't know. I want these thoughts to go away and they won't. Don't add to it." Roxanne near begged him as she forced her feet to move, and the slight trembling to stop. "We need to help Hestia, not deal with this." Just the fact that Roxanne made it about the high warlock and not about Brianne or the fight showed she was distressed deeply. Her eyes were hollow and haunts, but she forced herself to walk, stele out, right nil they approached the building with all its damage done, but no demon in sight.

18. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrick walked with Roxanne, the distress caused by what he had said was clear. The sound of her voice being shaky, he had pushed her to the very edge. "You're right...I'll shut up... Sorry..." Hendrick said and he was actually sincere about it. A thought suggested it was better this way, to have driven them off so they couldn't hurt him. But now he had done exactly that to someone. One of the last few people in the world he could call a friend and it made him feel rotten. Conflict danced through his mind, like leaves dancing on the wind. He tried to focus on the task at hand, like Roxanne was, but he had an extremely hard time doing it. Brianne appeared to be lost cause, he didn't get along with her brother that much, Yorrick was dead at his suggestion, so that left Roxanne and Aethelrick the latter of which he wasn't sure how to feel about having popped up again. He'd have to do what had to be done and pray to the Angel for forgiveness.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

The rest of the journey was quiet and tense. The pain in Roxanne’s eyes slowly faded to the dull joy of the hunt. In that moment of pain and weakness there had been a glimpse at the girl who laid beneath the mask she had created for herself. She did not want the mask, but some part of her that knew that she couldn’t withstand the realty of things. So a mask was forged in the depth of her heart and secured to her face. A mask of joy and not caring, but now the mask was slowly breaking. Too much pressure eventually causing it to crack; when it eventually broke, Roxanne feared the weight of reality might crush her entirely.

Soon they neared the location of the high warlock’s base. Roxanne slowed her pace to listen, but there was no fight to be heard. She caught sound of worried mundanes, some even scared but no threat, no fight. Roxaane quickly equipped herself with a rune of Invisibility before rounding the corner and beginning her approach on the apartment building. There was char marks on the ground and the side of the building, and the door was pretty much non-existent. There had been a conflict but they were far too late. She was a little lost at what to do now as she slowly glanced up at the figure in the apartment builing.

20. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

With little more to do but wait for Hestia to return from her fight, Rhett folded his arms and stared at the doorway. As soon as Hestia had finished doing whatever it was she was preparing in her room the scent of the burnt demon vanished and he could not even hear any commotion going on outside. No signs of a fight. Maybe that was a good thing. A few moments passed in silence before the sound of a door creaking open came to his ears followed by footsteps clumsily finding their balance. Rhett turned his head, almost having forgotten that both Clarity and Brianne had still been in the apartment. Even though the one who stepped out had not been Brianne, seeing Clarity alive and well eased his mind.

"
    If I were you I'd be more worried about the words Ash will be giving you for ending up on the sharp end of a sword." Thinking it was about time to check his phone once more he pulled it out, taking note of a message he had missed from Felicia. It had been some time since had missed the text and he could not help but feel somewhat guilty for not having responded in all that time. He made a mental note to text her back later but as he stared at the clock he began to wonder what had been taking Ash so long. "Hm...he should have been here by now. Something must be wr-"

Bzzt!

A new message popped up from one of his pack. 'Hell broke loose. Titania is on the front lines. What the **** did your friends do?' Rhett cursed under his breath knowing there was no other way to read that. Plain and simple, that just wasn't a good thing to hear. Keeping his face straight so a passing glance from Clarity or Creed could not discern his concern for the others still out there he quickly responded with: "Drop everything. Get out of New York."

"
    Lay down before you hurt yourself. If you need a drink I can get that for you." Shoving his phone in his pocket he headed over towards a struggling Clarity to rummage through the cupboards in search of drink.

Wrapping up his bloodied hands was the last thing on his mind as he drudged onward. With nothing left for him in New York the only thing for him to do was return to the few that he still had left to care for. Ash glanced over his shoulder, half expecting to see Morrigan trailing behind him only to feel the presence of the two warring fey in the distance. The collateral damage would be enormous but he could not find the heart to care for what would become of the city.

As he approached Hestia's home there were others who had already arrived before him. Ash recognized them but none of the bunch were who he was after. The warlock picked his pace up and as he neared the group and Hestia herself who was at the steps of the building he could already see signs of a fight. Under normal circumstances he would have asked who was the unlucky ember that dared to directly challenge the High Warlock but given everything...all that mattered was the fact that Hestia won.

Ash passed directly in front of the group that was approaching Hestia in order to speak to her first. Her patience might have been thin given current events but she would make time for the one who was responsible for Gaia's return...or at least one of the two behind it. Ash did not take time to analyze the look on Hestia's face and come up with an exact reason to why she looked so unwell. The first guess that came to mind was what he went with.

"
    Bringing back Gaia to reclaim her throne was a costly move." He stepped in front of the High Warlock, eyes fixed on the woman. "The credit should be going to someone else for this but..." Gaia killed her. "It's as much my responsibility as it was her's." Ash took another step forward. "I need to see Clarity and Rhett."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.