Birth by Sleep The Mysterious Figure -Major Spoilers-

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Llave, Sep 27, 2010.

1. RoxasNeval Merlin's Housekeeper

why would the mysterious figure be Master Eraqus?why would he try to kill Ven,Aqua and Terra?
    its unclear if its happens before the confrontation vs MX or in the future were they are all back

2. Patman Bof

Huuuum, it seems I' m the only one out there who thinks MF is neither Xehanort nor Ansem.
    I noticed a few things when I fought him. Here goes :

-You have to go to Land Of Departure to fight him.

-His weapons are sort of Star Wars light sabers, which immediately brought Xemnas to my mind.
    However I played several missions with Xemnas in 358/2 Days and their fighting styles just don' t match. At all.

-He' s a dual wielder (duh ^^) but he holds both his weapons backwards, like Ven does.

-He uses techniques that Ven/Terra/Aqua use (except he' s on steroids) , but some of his techniques are Ven (Aero XXX) or Vanitas (the fire saber cross from a distance) techniques only.

The only thing that bugged me was his size, clearly he was taller than Ven. I assumed it was due to the fact that KH secret bosses are mainly a glimpse of what' s to come in the Kingdom Hearts grand scheme. When I saw people mentioning the time warp thingy in this thread I took my PSP and checked it out. Time warp it is indeed. None of the Final Mixes were released in France so MF is my first secret boss ever. I checked on youtube whether lingering spirit was fighting like Terra or not ... and yup, it' s a match, so now my bed' s made : I think MF is Venx (you can try to juggle with the letters but that' s the only anagram that I can pronounce.)

Why the Star Wars weapons ? It' s a nobody trademark.
    When was he born ? My bet would be the moment Vanitas was.
    Roxas was the only nobody who didn' t remember his past because Sora was still alive. Since Ven is still alive (barely, but still) I assume Venx is a special amnesic nobody too.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

-facepalm-

But seriously this is a great theory. The only problem I have with it is that he may have been born after Ven beats Vanitas in his awakening. That could be a reason for his amnesia. Also he might have two blades because Ven and Vanitas were one like Xion and Roxas became one, so he could use two. Just one complaint. Why ethereal blades and not keyblades? Though for the most part this theory seems like the most logical thing anyone has come up with at this point.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Same reason as Xemnas.

Also, Ven's full name is Ventus. So if it his Nobody AND an Organization member (otherwise he wouldn't have an X in his name), MF's real name would be Ventus with an X in it (Suxtevn? lol)

but body structure is too different to be Ven's.
    I mean, Ienzo and Zexion were different, but Ven and MF? that's a pretty big difference in body shape.

5. Patman Bof

Exactly (in other words, no idea :laughing-smiley-004)
    Maybe cause Ven is in a coma and passed his keyblade onto Sora ? (or, for what it looks like, half a Key Blade)

Well I assumed it was just a question of age, he doesn' t seem that bulky to me.
    Ven must have grown to adult size in ten years. Can nobodies grow up ???

err ... Vuxenst ? Xenvust ? I think I' ll stick with Venx ...

6. Arch Mana Knight

He...doesn't fight like Ventus at all. He fights like Xemnas. The closest thing we have to a Ventus Nobody is Roxas. So this whole theory is rather silly. >>

7. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

I'm pretty sure that Xemnas doesn't use the keyblade due to the amnesia. I mean, did Apprentice Xehanort ever summon the keyblade? No, he didn't. Why? Cuz he didn't even know he could. Same thing for Xemnas; as far as we can see he only has memories of the time that he was Ansem's apprentice(excluding a few influences from Terra[visiting Aqua's armour, calling it friend and searching for Ventus in C.O.]). If he doesn't know that he can use the keyblade, he won'r use it. Otherwise, he wouldn't have needed Roxas or Xion, he could've reaped the hearts himself for KH.

Yeah.... no.

A Nobody is what is left behind by those whose hearts have been consumed by Heartless(taken straight from kh wikia). That means that the nobody itself is the body and soul of a person, amirite? What does that mean? That for Venx* to occur Ven would've had to have lost his heart to the heartless. Also, his body and soul would've had to been discarded transforming it into a nobody...

But Ven's body is still there... it's in C.O., remember? Aqua left it there as seen in the final episode.

I at first thought that the Mysterious Figure was the remnant of Master Xehanort's body, but after seeing the Recoded secret ending, I think that it's either Eraqus' body(which makes NO sense, as he was not consumed by heartless. >_> Although it would explain why MF could use some of those moves... he DID train TV and A, thus he should know their moves) or
    he's one of Xehanort's accomplices, as mentioned by Master Yen Sid

But that's just my thought >.>

8. Patman Bof

Oh ? MF uses an improved version of :
    Time Splicer, Collision Magnet, and Tornado (Ventus is latin for "wind").
    The only technique that he uses which doesn' t belong to Ven is Raging Storm (which belongs to Aqua) but Ven knows both Firaga and Glide so it shouldn' t be a problem for his nobody to cook up some Raging Storm.
    Finally he' s got Vanitas' fiery saber cross.
    Last time I checked Xemnas had none of these.
    Forget for two seconds that they both wield light sabers and watch their moves closely, you should notice they got NOTHING in common. (I unlocked both Xemnas and his Ethereal Blades in 358/2 Days, he just doesn' t fight the same way at all, it' s plain obvious).

I could also imagine that MF is really Ven' s father but that would really be too Star Wars for my tastes ! ^^

Frankly I' m at a loss as to how or when it could have happened, I' m just using my eyes here.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Look at how he physically fights. He rapes you from every direction with an impressive longass combo. It looks very similar to Xemnas. There's several fights that show how Xemnas fights. KH1 FM and KH2(two fights there).

10. Patman Bof

And in 358/2 Days he' s all slugish and does entirely different moves.
    I' ll check those KH1 and KH2 fights, just in case, but in the end I feel we' ll have to agree to disagree ...

Edit : done. He fights exactly as in 358/2 days and he' s just as slugish.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The fact that he calls the armor "friend" and is searching for Ven hints at him having Terra's memories.

12. Arch Mana Knight

Clearly you haven't seen all his moves. When he fights Sora alone, there's a combo he uses that's MF-worthy. It's only fairly obvious that MF is some sort of form of "Terranort" or Xehanort because of the similarity of weapons with Xemnas. It's either that or he's an entirely new character. Nomura wouldn't just randomly throw in that MF is related to someone else given all his similarities to "Terranort" and all his forms(Xemnas mainly). They seem to be the same height and build. MF has a variation of Xemnas's weapons just like how Briag has a variation of Xigbar's weapons. It's only using simple logic that leads to this conclusion.

13. Patman Bof

A Terranort with a super duper Tornado ? Terra' s latin for "earth".
    Terra would hold his sabers backwards because ... ???
    Anyway, time will tell ...

14. Arch Mana Knight

Why would Terra have lightsabers to begin with? Why doesn't Xemnas have a keyblade even though Roxas does? Why can Xemnas use magic that neither Xehanort or Terra knew? Why doesn't Terra use that chainwhip thing or the bow that his Lingering Sentiment could? Why can the Lingering Sentiment use complex magical seals even though Terra isn't a magic user?

His whole moveset doesn't need to make sense. He's a secret boss. He's meant to be badass.

15. Patman Bof

Why would ANY nobody have weapons ? Were they born with it ?
    Still no friggin' idea.

Maybe Xehanort was just too old to pull it ? Furthermore he was just trying to buy some time, crushing Terra was never the plan.

I agree with that, secret bosses are usually much less impressive once we can actually control them.

By the way, I just remembered that Roxas DOES have laser sabers when he uses his limit break.

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It makes sense. His heart wasn't consumed by darkness but he lost to Terra (who let out some of his inner darkness prior to their battle) and was ultimately struck down by MX. Ergo this theory is still valid until proven otherwise by TOTALLY CONCLUSIVE evidence... oh my god I sound like Miles Edgeworth (or Fransizka von Karma o.0)... XDD

17. Graxe King's Apprentice

It would be quite amusing if MF is the guy who informed MX about the X-Blade. SOMEONE must have tipped him off since there's little to no history to know about it.

18. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

Actually, you've got a point... And where did Xehanort get all his information for the reports he wrote anyways? It's not like he just suddenly found a room in Disney Castle that told him all about the X-blade or transferring his heart into a new body(although it'd be epic if there were XD)

Someone MUST have told him =/

19. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

I seriously don't believe MF is Ven's nobody, for these simple reasons.

1.Completely different body structure (as some people have said already)

2.In order to have a nobody, you need to become a heartless...and Ven did not become a heartless.

3.I don't think attacks like Time Splicer are character limited in the Kingdom Hearts Universe. For example,"He can use Time Splicer so he MUST be Aqua's nobody". I think the he can use attacks like those because he might have a connection to a Keyblade Master.(Like Eraqus or MX)

20. Arch Mana Knight

Xehanort is rather old. Do you find it unlikely that within the 60-70 years of his life(and possibly around 40 of those being a Keyblade Master) he never ran into any information on his own? Keyblade Masters are passed down certain knowledge and he might've learnt from his own master instead of a mysterious source. Either that or he just has "plot knowledge" and you shouldn't question it.