Birth by Sleep The Mysterious Figure -Major Spoilers-

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Llave, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

Awww, but questioning stuff is FUN! =D

Of course, it's possible that it's plot knowledge, but say that it isn't. If it were that Keyblade Masters were given this specific knowledge by their predecessors, then why does it appear that Aqua had learned nothing of any of this? In fact, as far as I can tell, the 'special knoiwledge' that M. Eraqus bestowed upon her was the 'trick' to
    turn LoD in C.O.

Yeah, MX might have come upon the knowledge, but then where? Maybe, during his travels he randomly came across all of this incredibly beneficial info, but after hearing what Yed Sid said, I have to wonder,
    Who could have helped him? Were they keyblade weilders(and they appear to be from Yen Sid saying that they need more keyblade masters >>). What did they know? What do they want? How could knowing them benefit MX?

Ang I'm left thinking that it's just that he
    and they are/
    is doing this for what lays beyond Kingdom Hearts...

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Guys I'm telling you the MF has got to be Xehanort and Eraqus's master ;_;

What does that have to do with him being a Ventus form?

Some members have already drawn parallels, but I just want to add that they are two different people; they're not going to fight exactly alike. Think of the MF's style as a prototype to Xemnas's style.

I brought this up once already. It got shot down.

The MF also has access to many attacks used by Aqua.

I'll give you some leeway since you're new to the discussion, but this has been explained ad nauseum already: The concept of Heartless and Nobody did not exist in Birth by Sleep. What happened to Ventus was not the same as what happens to someone who is turned into a Heartless. A Heartless is formed by darkness overtaking the heart and twisting it into a new form; Ventus had the darkness removed from his heart, thus splitting him into light and dark halves. His heart was still safe and sound inside his body and soul, it was just damaged. A Nobody is what remains of a body and soul with no heart.

Point of order: Terranort.

In Birth by Sleep, you eventually gain the power to use every single move Terranort uses against you when you fight him as the Lingering Sentiment, and almost all of the specific moves used against Sora by the LS in FM+. I wouldn't discount the relevance of the MF's fighting style just because he's a secret boss--Especially because he's a secret boss, we should look at it more carefully--but you're misleading yourself by noticing only the similarities to Ventus.

Maybe she never had cause to mention it?

That's exactly what happened. It's inconsequential and we're probably thinking about it harder than Nomura did. Xehanort has the information; that's all we need to know to move forward.

Of course. That's been Xehanort's expressed purpose since the beginning. And we know what he thinks is beyond there: in a nutshell, Godhood.

3. Patman Bof

It' s not a proof that MF is Ven' s nobody in itself, it just adds up to the rest.
    Since MF appears in a time warp fashion in The Land Of Departure, which is supposed to be Castle Oblivion by now, I guess we can call the fight with MF "The fight that never was". ^^
    That' s why I don' t rely too much on the fact that MF' s taller than Ven.

Who said it necessarily happened during BBS ? Ven has been Xehanort' s lab rat for several years.
    I' m not saying I have a perfect explanation about MF being Ven' s nobody. I didn' t read any Nomura interview, I didn' t find any "Kingom Hearts Nobody Physics 101" book, and as you said I' m new here. I don' t know the how nor the why, all I have is what I saw while playing the games and I still have a serious hunch that MF could be Ven' s nobody, so far nothing convinced me that it just wasn' t possible.
    The organisation coat was first designed as a way to introduce people in the Kingdom Hearts saga while shrouding their real identity in mystery. The fact that there' s absolutely no way to establish MF' s identity with certainty is deliberate, that' s the whole point. We wouldn' t be here talking about it otherwise now would we ?

I noticed. I don' t believe that a right-handed person could have a left-handed nobody. It just doesn' t seem logical to me. The same way if MF is a nobody who fights taking his swords backward then I think the original MF does too.

4. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

Fine, it you guys are gonna start teaming up on me, I'll give a rest >.>

jk, lol

Not necessarily... say that the fight occured right before the trio went to the keyblade graveyard? Although, you might be right and be considered non-canon, just like the fight with the Lngering Sentiment in KH2 FM+; Nomura placing him there to get us excited for BBS.

Um, in the future could you please specify? I thought you were talking about Xehanort the apprentice instead of Master Xehanort at first, (specially since Xehanort the apprentice WAS a scientist) ^^"

Why so convinced that MF IS a nobody? He could be a somebody, just someone who is somehow related to MX(As MX was te first person to don the coat chronologically).

5. Patman Bof

Sorry, they' re one and the same in my head. In BBS they don' t always call him "Master" either.
    Plus I don' t like calling him "Master". :laughing-smiley-004

I' m not convinced of anything, it' s just my take on it.
    I said in the same post that :

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'll excuse the concept about Nobodies not existing but Heartless did exist at the time of BbS. Point in case, when Ven is remembering how MX took the darkness out of him what is he fighting? I'm just assuming that Xemnas and co. were the first intelligent Nobodies and that at this point none of them exist. What did MX make Ventus fight to get stronger? Neoshadows! Heartless. It's just that the Unversed were the main enemies so you don't really encounter too many heartless, if any.

7. Ximnex Moogle Assistant

All very good points but I think the mysterious figure could be Ansum The Wise. And why do i think this? Because in some of the ansum reports in KH2 says when when was doing his research on the human heart. While researching this he came across light and darkness of the heart and wanted to learn more. So he had his apprentices help him with the research and Xianort and or Terront began to digg deeper into the subject. While Ansum the wise wanted to stop. Ansum the wise told Xianort to cut off the research while they still could,and that is when he found out about the secret reports Xianot had been writing about BUT he was putting ansum's name on them. When he him self had written none.Xianot had found a way to open a dark portal to the world of darkness. Thus Ansum followed him in to this world along with all of his other apprentices. And in doing so he had became stuck in the dark world, the only thing keeping him seine was his thoughts. He eventually found his way back ( i forgot how) and thats when he began more research on nobody's and heart less. ALSO HERE IS A IMIGE OF HIM IN THE DARK RELME FROM KHBBS LINK OF IMGE >>>>>http://img713.imageshack.us/i/snap435.png/
    [​IMG]

8. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

My Thoughts

Geez, are there a lot of posts. I would like to say somethings on the matter, but I'm too lazy to spoiler tag single things, so I will the whole thing, talking about endings and what not.

When I was playing against the character I noticed when he stopped walking and stood still he looked a whole lot like Xemnas from the KH:FM battle at HB. After seeing the Re:coded secret ending, we do know that when a Heartless and Nobody are destroyed, the person who spawned both of them comes back to life. Yen Sid stated that MX is most likely back, probably without and trace of Terra, as Mickey said the only one left to be found was Terra.

We all have come to the conclusion that the character is related to time, possibly time travel. The weapon handles, attacks, and Keyblade you win, all have a clock-like theme going on. We also have said that the weapons look like Ethereal Blades, used by Xemnas.

I think, that the Mysterious Figure, is in fact, Master Xehanort's new form. He is now in full control, and doesn't have to struggle with Terra fighting for control. He has came back to TLoD for some reason, but what? I think it is so that he can prevent Aqua from sealing TLoD from darkness, creating Castle Oblivion, and hiding Ven's body there.

As we know, Xemnas found interest in CO, because he was looking for the room with Ven (Sleep or Awakening, I get them confused). Either way, Axel said he couldn't find it. MX most likely realizes that Ven was in fact there, when he comes back after the destruction of Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Using the power of time, he goes back in time to prevent Aqua from "saving" TLoD. If he were to prevent her from doing so, history would change. Xemnas would probably find Ven and TLoD would be destroyed. Sora would never meet Namine, and all of Organization XIII would be alive. Riku would never meet DiZ. The effects of a change like this would be dramatic.

What if Eraqus' Keyblade served a purpose too? What if the new MX had Eraqus' Keyblade? He may have been able to use it to release Eraqus from Terra, which would make it easier for the old MX to control Terra.

The reason why this new MX most likely doesn't use the old MX's Keyblade, is most likely due to the fact that it is already in use. Using it in the past yet being from the future, could destroy time. It can also be thought that MX may have a new Keyblade. No Name, the Keyblade you get when you beat the Mysterious Figure, could have been a the new MX's Keyblade.

Ladies and gentlemen, your thoughts on this? (If you chose to read it.)

9. Arch Mana Knight

It can't be Ansem the Wise. The image of him in the Dark Realm is after the events of Kingdom Hearts 2. He was transported there from the explosion. Plus, he was never too much of a fighter. Sure he could use the darkness but it wasn't even on the same level as Xehanort's heartless as stated by Riku in Chain of Memories. Besides, the Mysterious Figure is too awesome to be him. XD

The fight is only semi-canon just like the one with the Lingering Spirit in FM+. That's what I think anyways. Meaning, the fight doesn't happen but the character and things regarding that character are canon. Just not the fight itself.

While it could be Master Xehanort's "new form", I think I want to stick to my theory of it being something created alongside Xemnas/Ansem SoD. Look at Sora, he created two Nobodies when he became a Heartless. Master Xehanort could have easily created something else when "Terranort" became a Heartless and Nobody. Or it could be Young Xehanort since Xemnas's lack of keyblades has yet to be explained. His somebody should have a similar weapon and the Mysterious Figure has to be that missing link. As for what he really is...there's so many options.

10. P Banned

Quite frankly, if time travel is involved, then we may as well bail out now. There are just too many different ways time travel can be implemented, and all of them tend to potentially wreck the plot. Slowing down/speeding up time is acceptable, but as soon as you get characters reversing time, too many questions arise. If we knew which style of time travel Nomura used, we could make guesses, but otherwise it won't work.

For the record, if time travel is involved, Riku is MX's father. :p

11. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm... but time travel is a... weirdly good idea, when you think about it. Not only is the No Name Keyblade time-related in design, but you, the player, have to time-travel to get to the boss fight itself.

12. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

If time-travel is involved then maybe Luxord have something to do with it? What do you think?

13. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

And now, as my brain narrates: "Somewhere, in the realms of nothingness, Luxord sipped his tea with a mischievous grin. He hoped Xemnas enjoyed his destination."

14. Shift Chaser

Luxord controls time as in the span the effects of his bets take, or something.
    He doesn't control time itself, or he could've just gone back and prevented himself from becoming a nobody, or gone fast-foward so everything's been deal with.

15. P Banned

Really? How so? Surely we can fit the encounter in somewhere along the storyline without making too many errors?

16. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Perhaps he wanted to become a nobody? Nobodys dosen't age, correct? Perhaps he wanted to live forever, gambling ^^
    Also I think he dosen't want to fast-forward time since that makes his game not so fun anymore ^^

17. Shift Chaser

Okay, trying again:
    If he could go back and wanted to live, he could prenvent his death at the hands of Sora by going back whenever he hit him, ala MF, or just by freezing time, or any other way anyone with a IQ of 50 would think of.

I hate you Luxord, for not being as awesome as MF.

18. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Perhaps his powers are limited and it takes alot of time to charge such a long journey through time, and also I don't think he's MF but that he helped him travel through time...

19. P Banned

Luxord has never displayed the ability to travel through time, so it's probably safe to assume that he is unable to do it, as opposed to being unwilling.

20. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

That's true however at least he's related to time, and I hardly think that Nomura would make two characters who have the power over time.