Birth by Sleep The Object That Disintegrates With Terra In The Original BBS Trailer

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by ultraboard101, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ive been searching for a while now on info about this. If you guys don't know what im referring to, pretty much, in the intro to the secret ending, when you see the secret Ansem reports scrolling down the screen, there are shots of the the dragon nobody that was a boss battle in the final fight with Xemnas. At one point you can very briefly see Terra standing on top of it. Then a few seconds later, it disintegrates and the actual intro starts, you know, where birth by sleep's ending started.

Why is this??? Why is it there?? This was never once mentioned in BBS, and Xemnas wasnt even created yet when this scene took place. It honestly baffles me as to what this is and why its in the keyblade graveyard. Does ANYONE have ANY information about this? It has been bothering me for a long long time now. I really wanted to take a few screen shots, but for some reason i cant take photo captures of things being played in a video player program. For refrence you can check this video from the 0:08 to about 0:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFbPqdErkeA

On another note, does anyone know why Terra, Aqua and Ven are picking up sora/riku/mickeys keyblade? That is also never shown in BBS. Very Comfusing!!

2. Misty gimme kiss

It's been discussed and mentioned before, I know. There's no real explanation or meaning behind any of it, I don't believe--the secret endings are often just teasers for future games. What they show isn't necessarily close to the game we'll actually see, nor can it really be considered "canon." We don't know what stage Nomura was at in writing or planning Birth by Sleep's story when the secret ending was created; it could have been quite early in the process, when the particulars of the game were still undecided. All these trailers are meant to do is create hype for the next game(s).

Let's remember also that the phrase "Chasers" appeared at the end of the Gathering video--we never saw that concept come to light either.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't know about the object, but I always believed it was something that was meant to be used, but then cut in the game.
    As for picking up the keys, I see it as symbolism of where each member ended up in at the end of BBS (and their current location at the time of KH2).
    Aqua picked up Mickey's Kingdom Key D, which was the Realm of Darkness' Keyblade, and that's where she ended up.
    Ven picked up Riku's Way to the Dawn which symbolizes between darkness and light and he sleeps in Castle Oblivion, which is in the Realm of In-Between/Twilight.
    Terra picked up Sora's Kingdom Key which is the Keyblade of Light and after becoming Xehanort, became a citizen of Radiant Garden in the Realm of Light.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Mr. Bones makes a very good point. As for the Dragon, it COULD've been a teaser as to how
    Terra becomes Xehanort
    at the end of BBS.

5. Aqua's Sacrifice Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree with this, but what they should of done was make Terra pick up the way to dawn cause since there is a direct correlation between them two with the whole Riku going though the ceremony by Terra.
    And Ven should of picked up the Kingdom Key since his heart went to Sora's....It makes more sense that way and idk why Square did it that way.

But! the Aqua one makes a lot of sense, since she did end up in the realm of darkness.

And with the Xemnas' nobody dragon, i really don't see how that made any sense being there.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Well, that leaves Aqua with Mickey's Keyblade. If the Keyblade represented a personal connection to the owner, then Aqua would need a personal connection to Mickey. At most, they would have given her Kairi's Keyblade since she's responsible for Kairi's wielding ability (though unintentionally), but I think that would be too much. Nobody was sure why Kairi was able to wield a Keyblade and most thought Riku simply lent her one of his. And a big question before BBS was "Where are the three new charactesr now?" That was sort of an answer-before-the-question hint (by "that," I mean the secret ending).

7. Aqua's Sacrifice Merlin's Housekeeper

At least until BBS came out, Cause Aqua, not intentionally, made Kairi go through the ceremony. The only odd one was Sora, other than having Ven's heart, there was really no reason for him to have a keyblade.