the Sims

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pocknot360, Oct 17, 2009.

1. pocknot360 Merlin's Housekeeper

Okay guys wonder who here is a sims person?? I AM !!!!!! right now Im playing sims 3 but I have played all of the games and I love it
    the feeling of controlling peoples lives and building houses is so fun
    who else here is a sims fan?????

ohh and if u have a sims video of eaither a house u built or somthing could u post it up here becuase I need more house Ideas

here is one of mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7MITLJSF9I

2. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

I love the Sims I have The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and the Sims 3 but I don't play it much because mine feezes it sucks :/

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I like the Sims serious, when I have time. It is very time consuming, taking an hour to make a family for me, and that's not counting building a house. The Sims 3 is lacking in being able to tell how old your people are, and it can sometimes be hectic trying to get people from work to school to home to work. It is the best of the games though, since you can track people easily and go to a community lot much faster. The Sims Castaways was okay, it was fun getting along without TV's and the usual appliances. It did get annoying at some times though, when it woudln't rain, and you ran out of water. It also had the glitch of deleting all my made families. Over all though, the Sims is a good series, again, if you have a lot of time, and don't have work, school, or a life.

4. Kextia Destiny Islands Resident

Oh, I love the Sims! I tried out the Sims for a while, but I prefer Sims 2. I love how you can do whatever you want with your sims. Like, for instance, one of my sims has pink hair and another has gray (a teenager). I haven't gotten Sims 3 yet. Maybe I'll get it when I get my new laptop...

5. axel-chanviii Twilight Town Denizen

I play the Sims 2 and I really can't be bothered getting Sims 3.
    I only play TS2 on my other computer over my dad's with no internet or anything remotely more exiciting than the Sims 2 on it.
    But controlling other people is fun, and so is using the cheats.

6. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I love The Sims. I've played Bustin out, which was very good, and i have The Sims 2 for pc and PS2 and the Christmas expansion, as well as the H&M pack.
    I guess if i want all the expansions i will need a new computer XD

I haven't played it for a few months because i'm having problems with my computer but as soon as it's fixed i'm all aboard. I'm not sure though if i want the 3rd game. It seems a lot more complicated and the whole open environment although awesome it scares me a bit.

And as Magick said, it does require a lot of time.

7. Misty gimme kiss

I'm such a Sims nerd. TS2 is good for all the custom content and I think I make better looking houses in it, but Sims 3 is slowly getting more content and I'm adjusting to the build mode. I really love the re-vamped Create-a-Sim, and Create-a-Style is one of those features that you use so often that when you go back to TS2 it feels odd not to have it. The seamless neighborhood idea isn't bad, I could do with or without it. The best thing has to be the Traits system though: it makes each Sim feel unique and new.

Is anyone else working on a legacy? I've been neglecting mine for a while, but I'm on the second Generation. :]

8. pocknot360 Merlin's Housekeeper

its prettty time consuming but the new additions are great especially the traits CAS and the better detail put into it man I need house Ideas do u guyz have any? ill try to build it for u and Misty wow a generation already!!?? I cant even handle 3 people but that must be from wen I stopped controllin them nd just built houses

9. bobo.the.nut Traverse Town Homebody

I have wasted more hours of my life on the Sims than on any other game, I would say. I love it to pieces. It's caused me to develop a god complex.
    Unfortunately I don't think my computer could handle 3, but I have 2 Double Deluxe, Pets, Open For Business, and practically every expansion pack for the original. Sims 2 Pets is my favorite :3

10. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, my legacy is small at the moment. I only have three people. :[ (two parents, one child) I wanted to let myself get acclimated with the game before I spawned insanely. I'm planning to have more when I find a mate for my child, though.

I like modern houses a lot, but I'm a disaster at making them.

11. Moonday Merlin's Housekeeper

I am!!! This person right here! :D
    I've played all the sims from TS1 to TS3 I love them all! But I agree with some other people on here, The Sims 2 I think is alot more fun than The Sims 3, but probably because it took forever for The Sims 3 to come out, so that was the only game (besides The Sims) that we could play. I think The Sims 3 has way better details than the two other platforms, but in The Sims 2 you can make creative and pretty sims. And with The Sims 3 it has kind of a basic look and you can't really express the sims face, like accessories etc. I have to add, also, that I like the way The Sims 3 doesn't have to load when playing live mode. And when it does it doesn't take that long (unless you have a slow computer).

12. pocknot360 Merlin's Housekeeper

Misty: well try to give me something to work with nd Ill build it let u coomentate and if u like it exchange it in the sims website exchange
    Moonday: very true they seem to have taken away all the details u can add to the face like peircings and such but TS2 is put into individual expansion packs just for new things but in TS3 its all those combined plus more from the Sims 3 online store where u can download new stuff to ur game but with a fee

13. Moonday Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah about the expansion packs for the sims 2, it was sorta a waste of money for me. I either ended up never using what was in the expansion pack or it wasn't really exciting to me. But overall they came up with a great series of games :D.

I never got what the sims store was for, i mean they already have enough money lol but they have there reasons.