Dream Drop Distance The Story of 3DS

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by warno, Oct 26, 2010.

1. warno Moogle Assistant

Im sure people will agree with me when I say the spin-offs of KH (excluding Bbs) have had some awful storylines, and it seems 3DS is no different, im guesing we're gona play a game inside Sora's head, I mean what's that about, "A story of trust", What?

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

*3D. The system it'll be on is the 3DS, but the game itself is Kingdom Hearts 3D. No S.

Actually, with the amount of information we have, I think it's too early to say that 1) the story line will be bad and 2) It'll take place inside Sora's head.

1) Do not quote on me this because I'm not entirely sure, but I think the developing team of 3D is the same as Birth By Sleep's and BBS seems to be the best of the 3 side games (BBS, Days, Coded) and seems to have the most positive reception of the three. Also, I personally think all 3 side games had great storylines, just executed wrong (Days being the most prominent example).

2) While that actually seems like the most logical theory everyone's come up with and some have accepted, I doubt it for a few reasons. One being that Nomura almost always throws off when it comes to games like this. Blond-haired kid being Sora's brother, Xion being Kairi's other Nobody, Old Mage being Xehanort's father, Ven being Sora's father (lol), the Unversed being souls, Vanitas being related to Riku, etc, etc. Nomura himself said the plot is going to be a surprise, so I doubt it'd be something we'd guess right away.
    There's also the fact that it's a Sora that we're "not familiar with." If this took place in his head through his memories, it'd still be the same Sora we're playing as, in my opinion anyways.

A story of trust seems somewhat decent to me. Trust has always been a key part of Kingdom Hearts:
    -Sora trusting with Riku after he goes to the dark side
    -Sora's whole situation with Namine
    -Roxas' entire relationship with the Organization
    -Aqua and Ven's trust that Terra isn't evil
    etc.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to this game. I can't say I'll play it depending on the price, but once the story gets out, I'll be spoiling myself like baby on laxatives.

3. The Fuk? Dead

Oh great, another spinoff. That's just what we need.

4. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree, I'm not really exicited for this game; but I will get it. And honestly the makers of the Nintendo 3DS had asked him to make a launch game for the new device - so I doubt it's going to be that important. BBS was pretty good though, I enjoyed it, although I am still waiting for the long awaited: KH3.

5. Arch Mana Knight

That doesn't contribute to anything.

One big factor that I'm annoyed about is where it'll fit in the Kingdom Hearts timeline. Even after the development of KH3D started he had still said that Coded was the latest game in the timeline. So it has to be some time before that. Where could it possibly fit? One fan theory is that it may actually be about Riku set during the time of KH1. I'm not happy about that theory since I don't like Riku that much. Still, if Nomura wants it released it should have some sort of importance to the plot. Or maybe the whole thing isn't even canon. What if it was a spinoff of the original Kingdom Hearts where events happen differently because Sora is a different person?...I dunno. Maybe it could be some kind of alternate reality where the Mysterious Figure is from. It could be anything. I could say that it'll be just like Coded and we're playing as a Data Sora and nobody could prove me wrong.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That actually makes sense (The Riku bit) except Sora is seen fighting a Twilight Thorn.
    Nobodies did exist during this time, but I don't think it'd be right fighting it just so they could say "see, Nobodies existed during KH1."
    And Nomura said it isn't a remake. I think a KH1 game from Riku's POV is considered a remake. Besides, he said both of them are the playable characters. Well, I guess playable doesn't necessarily mean main.

I wouldn't put it past Nomura to make it a dream directly before KH1. Like how the KH1 intro was just a dream foreshadowing what wouldhappen in the game, 3D is Sora and Riku's dreams about what's about to happen. Instead it's a whole game, not just a music video.
    Of course, I hope this and the different timeline theory are wrong. I personally don't like them. My favorite of them so far is the "Inside Sora's head while he sleeps after CoM" theory, but wouldn't Riku be wearing the black coat then?

7. ClankDaxter Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm sure it'll be about Sora and Riku becoming Keyblade Masters! Acording to RE:Coded Secret Ending! We will have one entire game dedicated to the Mark of Mastery, on Nintendo DS again -.-' When will they bring the series back to the PS system? PSP would be good enough! I'm more interested in seing a RE:3D in PS3 than rather in Nintendo 3DS. And a RE:358/2 days in PSP/PS3

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I wouldn't be surprised about the next game being about the Mark of Mastery. I know a lot of people believe they'll have the exam in KH3, but that was never actually said. However, one entire game, just for that exam? Highly doubtful. Unless the exam requires them to go through the past or their past memories, considering their outfits are for KH1 and that Secret Ending took place after KH2.

I doubt they'll remake either of them. I wouldn't mind that IF I knew ahead of time. I'd just buy the remakes then.
    But since the DS is a decent console and the 3DS is going to be even better (supposedly) I doubt they're too worried about making a better quality remake of them.

9. Patman Bof

My guess is that it' s gonna be a prequel explaining the "snarl of memories" cutscene from 358/2 Days.
    The more I think about it the more what happens at the very beginning of KH1 seems strange.
    Why did Kairi forget where she lived before moving to Destiny Island ? Why would Sora or Kairi want to leave Destiny Island ? Sora has a mother for god sake ! "Ansem" tells him that the island was conected. How ? By who ? (Riku ? That' s what Zexion seemed to imply ...). I may be totally wrong, I don' t want to spoil myself Re:Coded and when I notice you talk about it I stop reading at once.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Because she was young.
    Nomura himself said, in Director's Secret Report XIII,

IX - Could you please gather some information about the main characters? The reason Sora becomes Anti Form, the reason Riku is able to be selected by a Keyblade, Kairi's memories of Radiant Garden, Roxas and Naminé's differences from other Nobodies, the absence of Sora and them, their parents and friends, and what about school?
    ..... As for Kairi's memories, there's nothing particularly special about them. If I personally regained memories from before I was 5, I think I wouldn't remember many details about them. That is to say on a general level, there are things I would remember and things I would forget.
    They're curious and adventurous kids.

I have no idea.

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

My thought is still that:
    1. It's an alternate universe that is somehow affecting the main universe or
    2. This the trailer was a proof of concept using older models since they had fewer bones and were easier to animate. So it could take place after KH2 with the Sora and Riku that we know now.

12. Patman Bof

Fewer bones ? The N3DS is at least as powerful as a PS2.

13. Arch Mana Knight

Not possible. Nomura said Coded was the farthest game in the timeline and that the character we play as is different than what we're used to. So unless this game can take place all between Coded(which is directly after KH2) and KH2 then that won't happen. Nomura had even stated this during the time KH3D was being developed, so unless he lied this isn't possible.

You really think so? I wouldn't know, I haven't seen the specs on it. >>

14. Patman Bof

I wouldn' t understand the specs fully even if I had them right under my nose, but all the developers interviewed about it said that the N3DS is VERY powerful. See for yourself : http://www.n3ds-news.com/archives/n3ds-news-japanese-devs-excited-about-3ds
    I read an interview of some Capcom developers working on Resident Evil Revelations, I recall them saying that the Nintendo 3DS RAM capacity is just crazy.
    The N3DS is powerful enough to run Metal Gear Solid 3. Hideo Kojima even stated that the PS2 original graphics have been improved to make the MGS3D demo. Here' s a quote from the website that I linked : "In past interviews, [Kojima] explained that the game’s polygon modeling detail is close to the level of PS3′s Metal Gear Solid 4".
    [video=youtube;5D92S9unF88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D92S9unF88[/video]

[video=youtube;sbFbhYmcQrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFbhYmcQrg&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    :Awesome: Looks yummy, doesn' it ?

Resident Evil Revelations for Nintendo 3DS:
    [video=youtube;eADvLP1OK9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eADvLP1OK9g[/video]
    Resident Evil Revelations for Nintendo 3DS real time demo :
    [video=youtube;DqIpy8Wq06U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIpy8Wq06U&feature=related[/video]

Even if the N3DS is "just" a handheld I think KH3D can seriously kick ass !!!

15. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Guys, do not backseat mod, and much less in a manner that may seem insulting. I'm aware of what goes on most of the time, so don't go on a righteous crusade, and much less by posting about it in the thread. Just contact me, please.

Okay, thanks <3

Not completely impossible. If you could link to where he said this, we'd get a clearer picture in this matter. Or maybe Nomura knows how to use his words in a certain way, so as not to reveal too much.

I'd like to believe that this game would move the story forward, but that's just me.

16. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Power has nothing to do with simplicity of animation. And besides, it's the polycount that determines how powerful the thing running it should be, not the bone count. All I'm saying is that because it may have been just a proof of concept, they didn't use the models for the final game out of laziness or, more likely, a rush to get the trailer done.
    What if they happened simultaneously? Sora and Riku have their own adventure which may or may not be related to Coded in some way. Sounds both possible and plausible to me. Thoughts?

17. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Although I have absolutely no intention of getting a 3DS just for this game, it could be quite interesting. I mean ... I'm getting a little bit to the end of my tether with regard to Reconnect: KH, if that's the official title of KH3. But think about it. We now have three games: BBS, Coded and Re:Coded, all with secret endings which point to foreshadowing and hype for the next "Main" game in the series. Think of what they are building themselves up for, and if it isn't good then why would they do it?

Anyways, I really like the "dream while Sora's asleep" theory, that would be a really interesting concept, considering that the 3D could be used to emphasize the fact that it's a dream with Synisthesia, dream-like moment, which could be pretty cool.

I don't think it'll be the Mark of Mastery. My reason: In the KH2:FM+Ending showed Birth BY Sleep at the end and that was the game showing those characters and the events in the ending. Since that's kind of really the only solid foundation we have to go on, I don't think that something that was mentioned before the words "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts" exploded onto the screen, would appear in another game entirely? Do you see what I mean? I would be kind of counter productive, and why put it in the ending foreshadowing game A, if it isn't even going ot be in that game in the first place?

Another option is, as others have said, is what we were kind of promised in Coded; what RIku was doing while Sora was doing stuff in KH1. I only know vague stuff about Coded, so don't judge me on this, but my understanding is that we were never really given this "background" to what was happening with Riku at all, or if only very small amounts.

In any case, I know that Nomura has a plan for the series and he has the storyline (at least for now) mapped out. SO I think thta he knows what he is doing with regard to this.

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

In the video interveiw they had about KH3D a little while he said that they named it "3D" intentionally implying that it would be the third game in the series. Considering that it is very unlikely that they are going to put KH3 on a hand-held we should then look at all the games in the timeline. First is "Birth By Sleep" followed by the original Kingdom Hearts. That would then place 3D inbetween KH1 and CoM. As for what it would be about, my only idea in that spot is that we never do see Pluto's letter.

19. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

That... is brilliant! And it makes sense too! Only the thing though is that I remember Nomura saying that tey won't necessarily be in their kh1 outfits..? =/

20. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Let's see... what crazy plot ideas can i come up with...
    - It's a prequel to KH1, when Sora, Kairi and Riku face an enemy for the first time, where past, present and future collide. Then there memories are wiped, leading them to KH1.
    - It's an alternate reality of the KH Universe where the Heartless and Nobodies defeated the heroes in their universe which is now plunged into darkness. now the heroes from our KH universe go to the alternate in order to restore peace. Set during Sora's Whole Year Sleep.
    - It's set far in the future, like 5000 years, where sora and the gand where teleported to save the world form the evil Ansem the 13th, descendant of the original Xehanort.

It's pointless figuring out what Nomura is doing with the series. It could be anything. Most likely however, it'll be something relatively simple that he will place neatly in the timeline.
    In Director's Secret Report XIII, Nomura stated that before KH3 comes about 4 storiees have to be told: Roxas' and his time in the Org (Days), the origins of Xehanort (BBS), whilst the ones which have not been told are: the King's absense, and Riku's absence. This 3D could be related to either of these stories, or something entirely new. After the release of BBS: Final Mix we'll also have another secret movies. This may either reveal a plot to the 3DS game, or once again something entirely different.