Kingdom Hearts II The World Skip "Glitch"

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ars Nova, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm sure at least a few of you have heard of this one...

About halfway through the plot of KHII, as you're gearing up to go to places like Halloweentown and the Pride Lands, a new episode becomes available in... I think it's Twilight Town? I believe it's Saïx's introduction that kicks it off, but I'm not 100%. Any rate, it's the point of the game where you start backtracking through all the worlds.

Thing is, you can set plot-sensitive events in motion before you've visited certain areas - which will then become locked before you've ever had the chance to go there, and must be unlocked again by re-treading the first batch of available worlds. And when you finally make it back and visit the worlds properly, you can potentially play through the entirety of the story there, first visit and second all at once!

Has anyone ever had this happen? Did it give you a different result, like outright skipping the events of the first visit? Have you ever been unable to continue playing as a result of this "glitch?" Did you get it to happen with different worlds?

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I actually recall doing it with the above mentioned, Port Royal (I think), and Atlantica. It never seemed like a "glitch" to me, but I found it frustrating that I could never go back and do the first half until I unlocked the world again (save for Atlantica, which had like twelve parts URGH). From what I remember, it never changed anything plot-wise. It wasn't like Monstro in KH where if you didn't visit until after fighting possessed Riku in Hollow Bastion, you'd get a different cutscene.

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I actually did this on my first playthough on KHII, and there's really no major changes plot-wise.

4. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

i think i did it with olympus collesum but there wasnt a change in the story

5. A Zebra Chaser

That's REALLY not a glitch. That's pretty much like saying "I was playing Megaman and I JUMPED OVER AN ENEMY WITHOUT KILLING IT! GLITCH!"

6. Misty gimme kiss

Agreed with hatok, I wouldn't consider it a glitch. I think on my first playthrough I didn't finish Pride Lands when I was supposed to, I remember feeling like I was there for a long time when I was doing my pre-TWTNW completion.

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

...Y'all know I never said it changed the plot, right?

And I did put "glitch" in quotation marks, but it hardly seems as if it was meant to happen.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I often end up forgetting to play Pride lands until I have already gotten to TWTNW. So yeah, I have experienced this quite often.

9. 61 No. B

I remember in one of my early playthroughs not liking how it seemed like that portion of the game was sloppily put organized or something. It may have been this since early on I was eager to go back to Twilight Town, and since I hated Pride Lands I wasn't in any rush to go there.