Kingdom Hearts II The World That Never Was

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Miles, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

So I have been thinking about that world and to me it seems very important. Not that most of the games take place there. They don't exactly explain to us what went wrong with it besides it being taken over by heartless and nobodies like every other world. It also seemed like a normal world... a more modern world. It has modern trucks and buildings none like we have seen in any other worlds. But the name of the world confuses me. It looked like the world "was" once something but the title saying it "never was". Meaning it was never suppose to exist. Maybe it means nothing. But the world must have been something before. Maybe it got taken over and turned into a dead world that now the ORG settles in and no explanation is needed. I'm still curious about how life was there.

What about inside Memory Skyscrapper?
    Why does it show peoples needs on the TV?
    What "WAS" The World That Never Was? (You know what I mean)

What are your thoughts?

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

It's most likely a world that isn't a world anymore. Like how people can become nobodies, perhaps the same thing happened with the world. Either that or the theory that it's an artificial world, which would mean that it's not a real world.

3. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

One thing I noticed when comparing KH I and KH II is that the final worlds contrast a lot. The End of the World "world" is very natural, consisting of only rock formations and water. The World That Never Was "world" is very industrial and city-esque. Now we all know that the Heartless were the main antagonists of the first Kingdom Hearts, but in the second Kingdom Hearts, the Nobodies are more prominent. The Heartless in KHII are essentially just background noise to the plot. You fight them, but they don't really appear to be a threat as big as the Nobodies/Org13.

Natural - End of the World - Heartless
    Industrial - The World That Never Was - Nobody

For some reason, this contrast seemed significant so I did some research and found this:
    Supporting my point that I discovered, I think this kind of explains the significance of the city.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You know in the original Kingdom Hearts 2 there were no nobodies in TWTNW besides in the castle. They later added them in KH2FM.

5. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Yep, miles is right, also I thought it was made by Xemnas to corrilate to the "Never Was" or maybe converted into a nobody per se.

6. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

Not sure what you guys mean because that's what I said... Also I meant

I never said Nobodies were not in TWTNW

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Natural - End of the World - Heartless

You made it sound like it.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I always assumed that it's supposed to be a world that represents what the worlds would have been like without magic and the effects of light and darkness (including Heartless and Nobodies, etc.). I.E., a world like ours. Hence, it's a world that never was in the KH universe.

9. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

Oh well I didn't intend to. Not sure what I worded wrong, but TWTNW was basically the home for ORG13 and the Nobodies.

10. Dredica SNES was the best.

No, what that other guy was saying is that The World That Never Was isn't the home of the nobodies because they weren't even there, other than the castle, until Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, and that was more of a gameplay thing. It was said, I'm pretty sure, that they set up base in the world, they being the organization, and that the castle is the Nobody's. Other than that, Neo Shadows spawn everywhere and it seems to be their home more than Nobodies.

11. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

TWTNW is still the epicenter for Nobodies as ORG13 set up their base in the world. You even said that Nobodies were there, "other than the castle". Does that matter? The castle is still in the world..

12. Dredica SNES was the best.

Yeah, just like the villains set up their base in Hollow Bastion in Kingdom Hearts. Is Hollow Bastion defined by that?

13. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Nobodies' world=the world that never was, a world that doesn't exist. It makes sense to me

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Thats what it is like now but what about before. Im sure it wasn't a mess when and that castle has always been there.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

My personal theory on it was that "The End Of The World" was itself a heartless. And that the necessary result of that would be a world that was a nobody, "The World That Never Was"

As for why there are so many heartless there, it has to do with the world's balance. Remember that we normally see the realm of light and heartless are very common there despite that not being their home. TWTNW, being a realm in between, is closer to the darkness than we are used to. It makes sense that the heartless would be more numerous there. Balance that with the rarity of nobodies, and you get the Dark City.

Again though, personal theory. I rightfully have no idea.

16. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yea. I wasn't sure exactly what TEOTW was. I had theory's that it was actually destiny island still falling into darkness or a random world doing so. TWTNW could also be a victim of nothingness.

17. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

End of the World is all the worlds fallen into darkness. Then parts of each world fallen into darkness form worlds like Twilight Town or Traverse Town, world in-between. We don't know the origin of TWTNW, although.

18. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I dont think all the worlds is one world.

19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I always thought it was either a nobody of a world or perhaps, like Castle Oblivion, was a normal world before something happened to it that changed it for good. I don't think the nobodies have a home world because they are not meant to exist, plus I like the idea of them not having a home as it shows they don't fit in at all, they are not welcome which makes the story of Roxas even sadder and Xemnas even more evil.

It's quite an important world and I hope we find out more about it's origins like we did with Hollow Bastion.

One thought was that it's the nobody of the Keyblade graveyard or is that world but transformed because both have the heart shaped moon that is representative of Kingdom Hearts and we don't know how that actually works- it could crop up in many places or it could just be a singular entity. That could mean that someone came along and built loads of buildings and a castle on top of loads of keyblades and desert, the darkness became more prominent and so it darkened and is constantly raining. It would also make sense as to why the nobodies came there and set up base since it's quite an important world to MX. Just a theory though :3

20. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

The end of the world is what remains of all the world fallen into darkness