Kingdom Hearts II The World That Never Was

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Miles, Jan 29, 2014.

1. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Yes but Goofy in the game with the End of the World in it said "This is a heartless world it would likely disappear." I might have fudged some of the lesser word in there but the Heartless part I remember perfectly.

2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

ooooh! I never thought of that! It could be related to the graveyard since they can see the moon there. Good theory!

3. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

Didn't Mickey say that every world has a heart by itsself? And Sora needs to lock each world in order to protect those hearts from the heartless?
    I'm sure I remember something like that.
    Maybe, the world's heart was taken as well as the hearts of the nobodies were.

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Nope. the graveyard is still there. You fight against Terra's armor

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I said RELATED.

6. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Excuse me, I read your post quoting that user and thought that I was quoting that user, instead

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, I did think of that. TWTNW could just be related or the graveyard that you fight Terra's armour in could just be a backdrop- kind of like with the other data battles but I suppose it is more likely that it is the real graveyard because Terra is still there lingering about. Part of me wishes that you would find him lingering around TWTNW in KH3 as that could lead into them explaining the connection between the graveyard and TWTNW. Of course, it's all just a theory.

Plus, where did all the keyblades go? They should be somewhere as they can't just disappear but the worlds may be separate. No idea.

8. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't think TWTNW was anything until the Organization stepped in. As in, it literally didn't exist at all. That's why I believe the TWTNW looks more industrialized to reflect the nobodies ability to plan and think.

Hence why it's called, The World that NEVER was, because it literally didn't exist until the Organization.

Example: I mean think back on New York city. Back then, New York never looked the way it did, but overtime it grew and flourished into the more Industrialized city to which we all know today.

9. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I just imagined the Organization members sitting around a table discussing how their world would look like lol

10. Light-Rune Maven Seer

As likely as Hexin's idea sounds, I have always thought the World that Never was, in essence, a nobody world. Ignoring the obvious meaning, I mean that it is the nobody that comes from a heartless. Since the worlds have hearts, logic always followed to me that the End of the World, as "All that's left of the worlds taken by the heartless" was a heartless of those worlds. Since it stands to reason a World heart would be strong, a Nobody would follow. So I basically thought that the World that Never was is the Nobody of the End of the World.

11. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Exactly, Worlds in KH have meaningful names which reflect nations (Land of Dargons - China) and movie places (Pridelands ... Duh) so anyway the World that NEVER Was was a world that literally never was unless someone fines me evidence that proves to the contrary, if it was a real world then the Nobodies removed it's heart and mad their new world on top of the ruins that they made.

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Isn't it implied in KHII that The World that Never Was is a sort of doppelganger world to Twilight Town? The fact that they are linked plus the fact that it is first spotted as a shadowy reflection of Twilight Town seem to point in that direction.

In that light another comparison emerges: that of the quiet suburb versus the sprawling cityscape. The implication seems to be that, though Twilight Town is the smaller and less advanced of the two, The World that Never Was has lost purpose and become desolate and empty.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

It looks like the ruins of your typical busy city. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say something went wrong with the darkness and somebody become a Nobody, then that Nobody killed somebody and created another Nobody, and so on and so on until most of the population are Nobodies. Eventually, maybe they found the world's core and turned it, too, into a world or something.

14. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Nah the City is too well preserved for that kind of warfare to have taken place.

15. Daydreamer

16. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

I believe since the Organization XIII are Nobodies and in KH2 It has a cutscene showing Roxas And Axel in The World That Never Was, it could be that the Organization live there at the same place the Castle that Never Was is. The Nobodies never really existed but that exist, do you get what I'm saying?

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yeah. It's just this place was something. Why not live in the buildings instead of making a castle?

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

19. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

They actually say in KH 358/2 Days that with Kingdom Hearts, they will finally exist, thus the castle they live in doesn't exist nor does the world the castle is located on.

20. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Doesn't mean the location they live in doesn't exist. Also in DDD we find out that they all do have hearts "apparently"... (That's what I don't like about DDD)