The Youtube.

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by MandyXRiku4ever, Apr 26, 2010.

1. water mage Kingdom Keeper

When you mean content do you mean content like home videos and stuff or copy righted material? What do you consider quaility? I'm asking this because I'm curious.

2. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

While I'd imagine for some that its more important, its nothing but a simple medium for me. I like youtube a lot, dont get me wrong, but I dont really use it beyond the use of being able to watch videos/listen to music. And even then when it comes to listening to music I already have Pandora/Last.fm/

I used to have an account and I used to make AMV's, but I started seeing how time consuming and pointless chatting with other youtubers/making videos was for me.

Its cool but I only use it when I'm bored.

3. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Yea just because you hang around youtube or the internet doesnt mean when you pass 500,000 subscribers or get one of your videos to viral that you become famous or become a star. Yes youtube fame has its benefits at times, however that doesnt make you famous in the slightest and many avid youtubers have pointed this out and would agree with me.

I find youtube a very powerful place and has the potential to become very great. As a person who lives there essentially, I find myself often entranced by quite a few videos. The majority of it is either bs or comedic stuff, but I have often seen people giving news to the masses, some people giving reviews on products or music, and even those giving tutorials on how to accomplish certain tasks. For now, youtube seems to be limited to that sort of thing aside from people setting up organized events for youtube in real life and people setting up charities here and there.

People tend to see youtube as selling out, but in my opinion I think that they are just progressing to give partners on youtube such as Fred and Nigahiga or even some that arent even too well known, the money they deserve.

Yes its a wonderful place and has plenty of potential. I see it being a highly influential place in the future.

4. Spike H E R O

I liked YouTube before these corporations and artists started posting stuff on there and bringing their stupid copyright crap along. They have their own sites for that.

YouTube's slogan is "Broadcast Yourself" meaning that it's for the people by the people. It's a means for ordinay people to try and commut to the world via mass media to express creativity, opinion, e.t.c.

What YouTube is now is none of that, and I find it very unfortunate because YouTube is now just a corporate marker for advertisements and consumption.

Still, it'd be worse if they didn't let people put up whatever they wanted, so all's well that ends well, I suppose. ALl I'm saying is that YouTube was never meant to be as stupid as it is right now :\

5. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

It's because a bunch of communist companies get butthurt and throw copyright claims on things that are even fair use. (i.e Viacom, Fox, WMG)