Kingdom Hearts II Things that pissed you off...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Alphonsefanatic, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Labrys King's Apprentice

The fact that the mana cost for the spells were stupidly high making the use of these spells useless in the game.

2. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

When donald runs out of magic so he just stands there like a dumbass an attacks once every1 10 mins to refill his magic.

3. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

Final Mix.. Final Mix pissed me off.

AND IT STILL DOES TO THIS DAY. UNTIL I HAVE MY HANDS ON BOTH 1.5 AND 2.5 I WILL CONTINUE TO QUESTION WHY SQUARE DOESN'T LOVE ME.

4. 61 No. B

World with poor lighting, like Port Royal and Halloween Town.
    I have no idea where I'm going. I have to close the blinds or else I can add glare to the equation. Not exactly ideal playing conditions for me.

5. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Xemnas' last battle taking forever to complete, with half of it being completely pointless. Why do I have to fly on a ship and break his ship piece by piece until I can even begin to inflict damage on Xemnas himself? same goes for taking out the reactors or whatever, it makes zero sense whatsoever.[DOUBLEPOST=1365352296][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This is why I will be so glad if (when) the next one includes an autosave feature.

6. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Xaldin. No other words needed.

7. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Donal curing me when i have already just cured myself then doesn t when i am in actuall need.....What a c* unt

8. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Easy there, buddy. The censors are on here for a reason. keep in mind the younger audience that is on here to, just saying.

9. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

I really hated atlantica in the second game.
    It was such a waste of time.

10. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

The fact that Xemnas and Ansem's boss battles isn't that hard.

11. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

OH MY GOD I was always thinking about that how sometimes there mouths look like there actually moving and then there's those faces when their mouth just opens and closes

12. Ansem59 Chaser

I loved Kingdom Hearts 1 immensly, and Chain of Memories... even though I didn't like the card battles, I thought the story was awesome! Kingdom Hearts 2 though... Kingdom Hearts 2 pissed me off. I loved Roxas's story, but I was pissed off because through out Roxas's story, you have Roxas asking "What is a Nobody?" and you genuinly wonder what they are, but when you play as Sora, Yen Sid immediatly tells you what they are... And then, Sora is constantly being reminded by Donald and Goofy or whoever that Nobody's don't feel anything and Sora is always like "OH YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, I ALMOST FORGOT!!!" Sora just gets incredibly stupid compared to the last two games, the nobody's aren't a secret or a mystery that you COULD have been solving through out the course of the game, and in the end, the final boss does the exact same thing as the final boss in the first game. Use Kingdom Hearts against the hero... albeit in a different way. Also Xemnas's boss battle was way too easy... Kingdom Hearts 2 altogether was easy. I should have started it on Proud...

13. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

This is a good point. Sora could really be granted some intelligence for the next go round.

Just remembered my other major gripe about KH1, having all special attacks being in the bottom slot of the command menu. IMO, reaction commands worked way better.

14. xXHumanoidLoverXx Destiny Islands Resident

Donald cured me when i already cured myself. -_-

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

The battle with Sephiroth in KH2. Not getting to play as Roxas more than just the introduction. Antk-sora mode while you're using infinite drive gauge cheat. Beserkers. Not getting to see more of Namine/Roxas.

The ending in KH1.

16. Sara Tea Drinker

The completion system... UGH!!! Seriously, to get the Secret Ending in II, you have to go through so much to get there. It drove me nuts.

The AI for Donald and Goofy weren't that good, either. Those are the biggest two things that pissed me off.

Oh, and the repetitiveness of KHII where you had to go back to the worlds twice. That and the world plots were very boring except in the last world.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

• Introductory Roxas portion, while necessary and somewhat interesting plot-wise, still drags on way too long and makes getting into the game a chore
    • Most of the Disney world storylines don't feel properly integrated into the KH plot, with original characters either having zero influence on the original story or completely derailing it
    • Skills and attacks are all style over substance, with long, flashy animations that leave you open to attack
      • Last few hits of Aerial Finish frequently miss the target
      • Almost all of the extra attacks are long-winded and hurt more than help
    • High MP costs mean that spellcasting is not sustainable and thus always secondary to running up and whacking things with your Keyblade
    • Too many "get out of jail free card" moves that reduce the diversity of player strategies, because why would you think and plan out your attack when you have a million panic buttons to hit whenever someone tries to hurt you
      • Dodge moves send you flying across the screen and well out of harm's way
      • Almost all reaction commands have a generous amount of invincibility frames, and they tend to pop up right before you get hit
      • Limits and Drive transformations are invincible
      • Cure can be made invincible
      • Several of the above can be used as reaction commands when your health gets low
    • On Proud mode, SC/OM and Reflect become borderline necessary for survival, as all the bosses deal absurd amounts of damage with miniscule or nonexistent dodge windows
    • Enemy AI is built to punish you severely for a single mistake as opposed to being so airtight that they can just keep forcing you to make mistakes
      • KH2 Sephiroth is the epitome of "Don't ever get hit or I will kill you no matter how garbage my AI is"
      • Wait no I'm sorry I meant $#@%#$@ XALDIN A.K.A. WORST BOSS EVER DESIGNED
        • WHY IS THERE A BOSS IN EXISTENCE THAT FORCES YOU TO TAKE DAMAGE UNLESS YOU USE REFLECT
    • Some enemies actually employ a degree of RNG to open you up and then immediately murder you for your "mistake"
      • Again, Sephiroth and Xaldin: They both have moves that can hit you from behind, while they're in front of you, while you're blocking their attacks from the front
      • Crimson Jazz: Its spells are hard to interrupt due to its hitstun resistance, hard to dodge once they get going, and they frequently combo you if one hit lands
    • On the flip side, other bosses are so easy you can beat them without realizing how you did it
      • [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Change in camera angle and distance from Sora reduces sense of scale, makes environments/enemies seem smaller and less impressive overall
      • Developers attempt to compensate for this by making some enemies oversized
        • They STILL feel small because you can scale their entire bodies with a single #$@%&#% reaction command
    *DEEP BREATH*

...I have a pretty big bone to pick with KH2. That's not even everything. Thankfully almost all of these issues have gradually been fixed over time and subsequent installments, but... yeeeeah. 2 didn't age so well for me.