This site is more dead than my relationship history.

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Yozora, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Yozora Archer

No, seriously. That's sad.

Let's start giving it more luv.

To my relationship status, of course.

jk

unless?

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

What's more sad is that you could have named yourself Yozorat and didn't.

3. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

It is sad, lol. I came here randomly to check things out and tbh I have not been here in years but I remember when I was on here all the time and it's sad to come back and see it like this. :(

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Hard same. This was my favourite site. And actually, for a fourteen year old making her first forays into the internet, it was a really great place to grow up. Everyone here was always so supportive

Also yeah, why not Yozorat, huh? Come on man, get it together

5. Yozora Archer

I did but then I found out I forgot the T at the end and am too lazy to add the t lol sad

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

7. Patman Bof

Hey guys ! Patman here reporting from Cherno from rural France. My neighborhood looks almost as empty as this site these days so I figured hey, you haven't checked on KH kids in forever lol. I work in a grocery store so I still get to drive, but the roads are fantastically empty. I get to drive as fast as I wish and park anywhere I want. Concern free.

My zombies clients mostly seem interested in toilet paper and pasta. My significant other doesn't want to see me anymore because I'm too dangerous. I'm not mad though, his heart is in bad shape so I get it. I am however starting to feel very lonely. I don't have any other friend or relative I'm allowed to visit, they don't live close enough. Three of them are infected so far.

Not that I'm complaining. If rural France is starting to feel like madness I don't even wanna think about New York.
    How is the apocalypse going on for you?

8. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm also in grocery, so I'm seeing way more people than I'd like. I'm in a city, so things are still going, but it's a lot quieter. Buses are running for free now, and we have to board in the back, which is weird but I also don't have to shell out a hundred dollars for a pass this month. I made a shawl for my friend's birthday and I'm going to throw it at her door today. Since I have resigned myself to getting this thing, I premade a bunch of food and it's in the freezer. Mostly meatballs and soup. My brother has asthma but isn't being anywhere near careful enough, so I'm just having a low level heart attack every time I think about him. He came over yesterday to do some laundry and we played Crystal Chronicles, so that was fun. Currently eating a grilled cheese sandwich

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I'm a kitchen worker in a hospital, so I still go to work, though I'm extremely fortunate in that it's a small hospital in a town with less tourism and travel than some, so we haven't been hit hard - at least not yet. There have been a few cases in our hospital, but the kitchen staff come in no contact with them and we've got tons of precautions set up for the cafeteria, so we should be fine. It's like a ghost town there atm. We have to come in through a specific entrance and be screened before work every day, and we're required to wear dust-masks when we're out in any public area outside the kitchen. The hospital closed its' doors to visitors and the majority of our cafeteria services have been cut; we're down to the bare minimum where we can feed the nurses, doctors, and housekeepers who work there, but not with as much variety as we used to (the biggest cut was the soup and salad bar, which was very popular) so most of them bring their own meals from home now. My hours have been cut big time as a result, but I'm just glad I still have the work. I also do a bit of freelance writing that's still paying, and my sister (who lives with us) also works at the hospital, so financially, the two of us are still earning.

Which is really good because my husband, who has a job requiring he travel all over the country to do construction work on a large store chain, has been laid off and is now on unemployment. He's home almost all the time now, which is a problem for him because he's extremely extroverted, and normally can't bear to be indoors more than a couple of days tops in the first place. He can't wait for this all to be over so he can get back outside with all his friends and go back to traveling for work, and I don't blame him. At least I still get to leave the house. And don't have any friends outside of work so I don't miss anyone lol. We're getting through it though. Thank goodness for Animal Crossing or idk how he'd survive XD

10. Patman Bof

My sis is a nurse in a big town. Her husband is stuck at home with their two kids, they're crawling up the walls at this point. She didn't have to tell me, I could hear that on the phone. The older one is driving her nuts, "he's searching my limits and definitely finds them" lol.

I wear a mask and a pair of gloves non stop at work, but my sis agrees with me to say it's mostly decorum. The masks are useless after 4 hours, and the gloves are'nt my size so I rip them off thrice an hour. We're running out of both. We disinfect as much stuff as we can as often as we can but we simply cannot cover everything.

My youngest sis is infected. The good news is the worst is behind her now, she can't infect anyone or get infected again. She's a smoker but she hasn't been hospitalized. That's a bit comforting to know, I'm a smoker too and I was worried about that.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Hello friends, it is I! I love you all and hope you are all staying safe.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, that's definitely decorum lol. We're required to wear masks in the kitchens at work, but since we're so low on supplies, we have to use the same mask until it breaks lol. I'm currently on day five of my current mask's use, so the only thing it's good for is fogging up my glasses XD

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I work retail and I'm gonna admit, I will be so happy when things can get back to normal. Haha... I've been so exhausted for weeks and things are still so crazy.

14. Patman Bof

Same lol.

Brace yourself. Looks like it's gonna be a loooooong (and bumpy) ride.

15. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Maybe this site isn't as dead as we thought.

I work for the neighboring city as a webmaster. I'm grateful for the job security, but it's definitely more demanding. I was kind of a hermit anyways so life hasn't changed too much for me minus working from home so... I'm like... extra hermit.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I sewed my own mask for work. It's not great, at all, but it's better than nothing, so I use it. And then I wash it and the rest of my uniform when I get home. The worst bit is I can't wear my glasses with it because they fog up, and I'd rather have blurry vision than foggy vision.

Because work has picked up a lot, I'm working a lot more shifts, and a lot of them are outside my actual availability. I have an essay due tomorrow and no energy to write it. I asked for an extension, so hopefully that goes through.

In happier news, I made a skull shawl for a friend for her birthday and she loved it.

For anyone crawling on the walls, bored, can you leave your house and not visit people? Like take a drive out of the city, or go to a park? As long as you don't come in contact with anyone, you should be fine

17. Patman Bof

I work more shifts as well, I just used my buffed up salary to buy FF7 Remake and Resident Evil 3.
    That should mitigate the boredom till The Last Of Us 2.

If we're still stuck on lockdown this summer I'll visit my aunt, she lives on the way to work so I'll have an excuse.
    She also happens to have a swimming pool.

18. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

FF7 remake is so beautiful and fun, I'm loving it. But even without, it I find plenty to do and keep busy. Finally put all my clean clothes away today *score*. I had kind of a bad day at work yesterday, it sucked -_- ... So I'm trying to feel better and get over it.

And whenever I feel too hermit-y, I go for a walk with my dogs or I'll sit outside in the sun. Just being outside helps me connect to nature and relax. (◕ᴗ◕✿) Wish I had a swimming pool though.

19. Patman Bof

On second thought, I'll just wait for a significant price drop on that one.
    Which should happen way earlier than expected lol.

20. DeadDeadDead Merlin's Housekeeper

think it's because of a lot of ppl who used to be on this site grew up/forgetting. the KH community got big but same time now no one would look up kh websites as reddit, twitter, insta, etc has become the norm