Birth by Sleep Time travel

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by 61, Jan 27, 2013.

1. 61 No. B

Who was it that sent Xehanort's Heartless to young Xehanort to gice him the mission we see in DDD, and cause him to want to travel to other worlds, which would eventually lead him to be the person we see in BBS?

I had assumed it would be the Xehanort we see in this game, Master Xehanort, but that doesnt make sense because if he hadnt met Xehanorts Heartless in the first place, he wouldn't be the person he is, and would have no reasn to send him. Presumeably he would still be on Destiny Islands, and would not be a person of darkness.

Then I thought about Terra-Xehanort, maybe he gave his heartless the mission, but that can't be either because he can't exist at the same time as his heartless.

Is there an answer to this? As in an official answer, not speculation?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I always assumed it was Xehanort's Heartless who decided to do this on his own, without taking orders from anyone. I think he did it once he noticed the original plans for the 7 princesses of light failed, and Organizaion XIII was beginning to crumble (starting in CoM that is). It's never specified at what point he decided to go back in time, but I strongly believe it happened the moment Riku beat him at the end of CoM.

3. 61 No. B

He did it long before that, as he didn't technically exist after KH1. He appears in com only because a part of the darkness that remained in riku after he regained his body from Ansem remained. Ansem posessed Rikus body with Rikus heart inside the body until the end of Hollow Bastion where he gains complete control and forces Rikus heart out, transforming Rikus body to the appearance of that of his original body. When Ansem was killed Riku's body was returned to his heart which had been wondering on the other side of the door, which is how Riku appears at the end of KH. Ansem appears in com because Diz gave Riku a card to materialize the Darkness inside him (as Ansem) and try and overcome it.

Ansem went back in time to destiny islands around the beginning of kh1, and then went to a period of time in destiny islands in which he encounters Sora (this is the scene at the beginning of kh1.) At some point he sent Kairi to destiny islands because he believed that a future keyblade weilder would be drawn to kairi, as she is a princess of heart. After he did this, he went into the future with young xehanort, and it is at this point that DDD occurs from Ansems point of view.

This is all too confusing. Either that or these wikis are extremely inaccurate.

Theres probably countless typos in there, my phones keyboard is acting weird.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Well he wasn't completely destroyed at the end of KH1. A part (rather small part, I should say), still lived inside Riku (this is from the wiki btw. Plus, I do remember playing CoM recently and hearing the dialogue between the characters refer to Ansem that he is still alive inside Riku's heart despite what happened at the end of KH1). He was basically the darkness that was inside Riku (let's not forget, he is a heartless after all). The card DiZ gave Riku essentially freed him (which is why I believe it was after Riku beat him he went back in time). Also, the point of going back in time to get the help of Young Xehanort was because the first plans for the 7 lights (princesses) and 13 darknesses (first Org. XIII) failed. Although, based on that, it would've been possible for him to decide to go back in time between the events of the 2nd visit to Hollow Bastion and the final battle with him. But CoM is basically when the plan for the 13 darknesses began to crumble.

5. 61 No. B

I came up with a hypothesis that I believe is correct.

We know that Ansem, the heartless, unlike other heartless, has a sense of self, he retained his consciousness from when he was whole, so we could think of Ansem, the heartless, as an extension of Terra-Xehanort, and thereby Xehanort himself. Meaning that Ansem went back in time of his own volition, but only because he still has his mind from when he was Terra-Xehanort. So we could say that Xehanort's mind is in three people. It seems obvious thinking about it.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

That's what I was guessing as well. It makes enough sense for it not to have to be a complicated thing that takes 6 games to explain.

/inb4NomuraMakesItThat

7. 61 No. B

I think that what I said is what we're meant to think.
    However when something is this complicated they really need to just tell us. All it would take is a single sentance in a secret report.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

you want to know who started the cycle huh. sorry as far as i can tell between this and who started the cycle of Garland becoming Chaos, i think the only way we'll ever truly learn the answers is when Square tells us.:confused:

9. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

All this shows to me is that Ansem's plan was never meant to succeed. or just trying to prevent a paradox that would occur if he never went back in time, but as 3D tells us there is more to it than just avoiding the obvious paradox

10. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

No, again I still believe Xehanort has enough foresight to come up with backup plans to every plan he has. It might even go to the point that his Heartless decided to go back in time as a fail safe in case another one of his plans failed.

11. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I know which is why I said also to avoid the paradox which would be right anyway

12. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Probably Xehanort only real try was on BBS(that didn't work), than he got Terra's body and started to study the heartless.. when he was born (as a heartless) he time travelled to his young self because he remembered that he had met the "mysterious figure" , young Xehanort and all the others Xehanorts were teleported by him to the future only to forget what they have experienced to continue doing the same thing?

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I do believe that Xehanort's Heartless retains the will of his former self since he retains memories and ambitions. I figured that he would've traveled back to meet Young Xehanort sometime shortly after he was split in two. He spoke to his younger, former self and waited in the darkest parts of that secret cave -- this helps to explain why Riku may have been so fixated on the door, because who wouldn't get curious after a mysterious hooded guy tells you about how your world has been "tied to the darkness?" Once that happened, he waited for events to unfold and began to groom Riku to become his new vessel.

What I'm curious about is how YX can travel forward in time. The series has explained how you can go back, but no one's really shown how a man's young, old, Heartless and Nobody selves can all be in the same room, even if it's only for the span of like ten minutes.

14. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

You are correct however I thought Ansem SoD went through time after sending Kairi to Destiny Islands:
    • Terranort becomes Ansem SoD
    • He sends Kairi to Destiny Islands
    • Ansem SoD goes back in time to tell YX what to do.
    • Ansem SoD comes back to the present timeline and everything else transpires.
    • He then appears as his original self(not the brown robe) in DDD thanks to YX's time meddling

15. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Dang, I have to say...whenever you put time travel in the mix of a story like this...it really starts to mess with you. :c Is there a secret report or something that tells us how YX first decided to get off of Destiny Islands and then transpire into learning more about the darkness WITHOUT Ansem SoD meddling to avoid a paradox? I mean there clearly has to have been a beginning point; unless Nomura is just going to leave it at that...

16. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Time travel does that a lot. I don't think there is a secret report talking about that. The problem with that is if it did have a starting point, then Ansem SoD wouldn't have much of a reason to meddle with YX, because he knows YX would leave Destiny Islands anyway.

17. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

yeah, this was avoid a paradox and to get a strong member for his organization