TAotM Discussion Traditional art of the Month #8- Power

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 8
    [discussion thread; entries due April 24th, 2013]
    Power
    I liked this idea suggested by Tequila. Interpret this word how you wish and if you have any questions then feel free to ask me. Power over someone, abused power, go nuts.
    ~Animations are allowed
    Happy drawing!

2. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DRAW??????????????????????????????? *brain dies*

3. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

This is a really open ended topic so I figure it's a matter of interpretation. Power can mean a lot of things depending on your context. Dinny went with Superpowers. There's also political power or military power which are based on influence and pressure that you can put on other people. Alternatively, there's literal power, wattage, which is a unit of energy per second and can be represented as force times velocity. Seems a bit abstract but it basically means how fast you can deliver energy. Energy is what makes stuff go so power is how fast you can make stuff go. You could also start thinking outside the word and into relations and history the word has with other things like slogans, memes or adverts that have to do with power. In old folk tales you have power over someone by knowing their name, like Rumpelstiltskin. So yeah, there's a lot of ways to go, but I'd personally just take something you like and work from there.

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

So I thought I'd have a go at this but then remembered I couldn't draw. This is what I ended up doing regardless. http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2186/powervi.jpg

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a valid entry and even if it was there'd be no point entering it, it would be embarrassing against the real art but I thought I'd leave it here regardless. Kudos if you can read/translate it, I know that alphabet well and didn't use a key to write that.

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Midny, it's good- it's your interpretation of power and I think it's very interesting. To me, the symbols are very alien and so I interpret it as alien intellectual power over our own. Plus the electric bolt makes me think of electric power and energy. I can't force you to enter but do feel free, it's great to see people who aren't regulars of this section joining in as well. I'm just happy you had a go ^^ but it would be great for you to enter this piece, but of course it's up to you.

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Thanks, I'm glad you think so. I might enter.

I can translate the runes for anyone who asks but won't in the thread as it keeps them mysterious and gives a challenge to anyone who wants to translate them. They aren't just random symbols.

(I keep reading them to check I haven't made a spelling mistake or accidentally used the wrong rune)

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

NEW DEADLINE is May 3rd if you still want to enter

Contact me if you need more time and I'll be happy to oblige.

8. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

I'm entering and working on something right now~~

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

That's fine, thanks for telling me. Message me if you need an extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.